Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Message from Leaf regarding ALI:

Muhammad ALI Update: Leaf is announcing today that base card #100 exists in a shorter quantitiy than other base cards (due to a production issue). While we cannot confirm an exact quantiity, we wanted to share that card #100 is significantly shorter print than the other 99 base cards. Hope this helps set builders.
blowoutcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm still waiting for that checklist on their site that says "Coming Soon"........

Thanks for the update
Old 04-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

wonder if this news was released earlier to a few friends like Brett Lawrie in Sig Series
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Manufacturer

NO one was given advance notice of this.
Annopunced on facebook page for the first time.
BG
LEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Manufacturer

I will be out of pocket for the next week with limited access...
I will be unable to respond to individual messages here as I am signing off for the night before I leave...... Feel free to email with any questions to brian@leaftradingcards.com...
BG
Old 04-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Anyone find it offensive this guy takes vacations after a few products release? Lets see... Make a "mistake" and say there are more Ali autographs in a product than are actually there to boost the sales. Then I will go take a vacation with money from the suckers who bought it believing there were more. Hmmmmmmmmm.... What the story with Brett Lawrie.. I missed this one.. Another "conspiracy"?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Anyone find it offensive this guy takes vacations after a few products release? Lets see... Make a "mistake" and say there are more Ali autographs in a product than are actually there to boost the sales. Then I will go take a vacation with money from the suckers who bought it believing there were more. Hmmmmmmmmm.... What the story with Brett Lawrie.. I missed this one.. Another "conspiracy"?
Speaking of "conspiracies"...did Brian say he was going on vacation?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

One of the few Razor/Leaf fans left Wheeler? Or is it just a Brian Gray fan?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:57 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
One of the few Razor/Leaf fans left Wheeler? Or is it just a Brian Gray fan?
Are you really asking me a question without first answering mine?
Old 04-14-2011, 01:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

Maybe its using common sense. Lets see... He is leaving for a week... He will not be able to answer business related messages.. Sounds like a vacation doesnt it? You telling me you cant figure that out from what he posted? If I need to help you through his comment further let me know. Sure is common sense.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe its using common sense. Lets see... He is leaving for a week... He will not be able to answer business related messages.. Sounds like a vacation doesnt it? You telling me you cant figure that out from what he posted? If I need to help you through his comment further let me know. Sure is common sense.
Conspiracy theories can often times look and feel like common sense.

You don't know for a fact that Brian went on vacation, yet in the same post that you stated such, you mentioned conspiracy theory. Hmmm...
Old 04-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Manufacturer

I am out of pocket with business related matters here in Dallas. I am available by email or phone (as stated above). However, I will not have time to monitor the 20 forums I monitor myself for the next week. Cruiser, feel free to call or send regular email, if you have anything real to disucss.

If you must know, I am in deep negotiations with MLBPA and 2 other licenses right now and it is taking most of my time.

As a side note, Muhammad ALI was the least profitbale item (on a percentage basis) that I have ever made in my history in the trading card business. Any inference that we made loads of money or the like are laughable.

I am logging off now and will not be able to reply. Email Brian@leaftradingcards.com or call 214-393-4510. BG

P.s.- There is no relationship between Leaf and Razor (except for the fact I ran both companies at various points). Just to clarify for those who posted above.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAF View Post
P.s.- There is no relationship between Leaf and Razor (except for the fact I ran both companies at various points). Just to clarify for those who posted above.
Has Razor actually put out anything since Leaf was acquired? I see several Razor lines under the Leaf brand now but nothing new from Razor. Seems more like a re-branding effort to me.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAF View Post
I am out of pocket with business related matters here in Dallas. I am available by email or phone (as stated above). However, I will not have time to monitor the 20 forums I monitor myself for the next week. Cruiser, feel free to call or send regular email, if you have anything real to disucss.

If you must know, I am in deep negotiations with MLBPA and 2 other licenses right now and it is taking most of my time.
And there you have it...conspiracy theory debunked.

Hey CD..."common sense" huh? A business man being a way from the computer for a while "on business" makes a lot more common sense to me than going on a vacation.

Quote:
You telling me you cant figure that out from what he posted? If I need to help you through his comment further let me know. Sure is common sense.
Good thing they didn't teach common sense in your school growing up. You might have been held back a year or two for failing.

Last edited by mwheeler27; 04-14-2011 at 08:26 AM.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Has Razor actually put out anything since Leaf was acquired? I see several Razor lines under the Leaf brand now but nothing new from Razor. Seems more like a re-branding effort to me.
BG and I know each other from being involved in the card community and through connections we have (I am obviously not the prominent one). I have spoken to him several times over the past few years in person, over email, over the phone and have nothing but respect for the guy now....even if before I was in your boat.

It was kind of a rebranding effort....but he also dropped the practices that made the Razor name draw such ire. He's a businessman....he knew that he couldn't buy a new name and have all that crap leave him...but he knew he could buy a new name brand and forge in a different direction with better results than if he would have kept the Razor name.

The Leaf products thus far have been pretty great in my opinion. The football stuff is easily the best draft product out there right now. Ali is a highly collectible set.

I also don't remeber hearing there would be 150 cuts in Ali.....
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

So in other words you are saying because things were shady under his other company he then started a new company and has decided to be straight this time? I get it now. Does that mean we should have trusted Razor Rookie Retro since the name Razor drew such ire?
Old 04-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398

Quote:
So in other words you are saying because things were shady under his other company he then started a new company and has decided to be straight this time? I get it now. Does that mean we should have trusted Razor Rookie Retro since the name Razor drew such ire?
Where did I say things were shady? What was shady?

I disagreed with his eBay distribution method for some of the valuable razor metal baseball autographs....and really didn't like how the inkworks autos were done either.

but what did he do that was shady?
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

I'm a glutton for punishment I guess. I'm about to crack case #3. Hopefully that'll get me the 1 in 3 case odds on an Ali Auto. Maybe a #100 base card as well.
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

I would LOVE to see a MLB product....

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #20 (permalink)

Buster Posey USA jersey
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote