Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default James Laurinaitis to the WWE if season doesn't happen?

YESSSSSSSS!!!
NFL Star Open To WWE If There Is No Football Season - Wrestlezone.com
Quote:
The following is an excerpt from an article on TheLantern.com:

Although four months remain until the NFL season will officially be under way, former Buckeye and current St. Louis Rams linebacker James Laurinaitis is ready for the NFL and the NFL Players Association to reach an agreement so he can get back to doing what he loves.

"I don't find anything good from being locked out from what we love to do," Laurinaitis said. "I'm a football junkie. I'd rather be there, doing OTAs (Organized Team Activities) and all that stuff."

The lockout has lasted more than a month, but for football fans who fear a fall without the sport, the former Ohio State three-time All-American had some encouraging words.

"I think football will happen," Laurinaitis said. "If I had to put a percent on it, I'd probably say 95 percent."

But if that 5 percent doubt prevails and the NFL doesn't play in 2011, fans of another contact sport might be happy to know he would consider joining their business.

"I should take up pro wrestling. It'd be a natural transition," Laurinaitis said. "I might have to try to get in the ring a little bit, take on John Cena or Randy Orton."

His father, Joe, better known as "The Animal" to World Wrestling Entertainment fans, is a professional-wrestling legend and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in early April.

The younger Laurinaitis might not live up to his father's in-ring legacy, but says it's not out of the question that he would follow in his father's footsteps for a short time if he can't play football.

"I'd consider it," Laurinaitis said. "You don't want to mess around and get hurt. But if it's just a few run-downs here and there or something, I'd maybe at least get some of the training done."
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.....what a rush...........LOD! LOD!
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Would love to see him team with A.J. Hawk, and form the New Warriors. Animal could manage or pull Paul Ellering ( is he still alive?) back.
GoTribe!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ajmillersr1

I love watching Animal and Hawk when I was a kid. Sad to see Hawk's downward spiral with his alcohol addiction.
ajmillersr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

ah what a rush!!!!!!!!!
BOWMANLORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

I can guarantee the Rams will be putting a new clause in his contract and he will be no where near a wrestling ring. Unless hes not under contract now? I dont know or care he sucks and so do the Rams.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

LOD F'in ROCKED!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

Doubt he will ever step into a ring. Football will be played, or the Rams will make sure he doesn't wrestle. The WWE is a joke anyway lol.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I dont know or care he sucks and so do the Rams.
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
The WWE is a joke anyway lol.
Agreed.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Lawrence Taylor #2

Unless he learns how to do the Top Rope Lariat, I'm not interested.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I can guarantee the Rams will be putting a new clause in his contract and he will be no where near a wrestling ring. Unless hes not under contract now? I dont know or care he sucks and so do the Rams.
I'd say right now he isn't under contract with the NFL, so he can if he wants. Bart Scott was on TNA, Clay Matthews came out as a guest ref for WWE- don't think either had contact though.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Hes actually a pretty decent player... people dont watch the rams i guess
gussiethebussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

I was just busting chops. Hes in the NFL so he has to be pretty good. And the Rams were alot more interesting with Bradford aboard.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I was just busting chops.
I was too. Thought we were being pretty obvious about it. Laurinaitis is a beast I grabbed him in my Madden Franchise. Rams are on the up for sure and should post a better record this next season.

WWE is a joke tho, that wasn't a joke.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I was too. Thought we were being pretty obvious about it. Laurinaitis is a beast I grabbed him in my Madden Franchise. Rams are on the up for sure and should post a better record this next season.

WWE is a joke tho, that wasn't a joke.
I strongly disagree with you there, my friend. WWE is'nt a joke. It has been the starting place for many large stars in hollywood, politics, hell, even other sports. Think of some of the names: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Jesse Ventura, Hulk Hogan, even Brock Lesnar, the baddest man on the planet, was once a great WWF wrestler. If you have any questions about whether or not WWE wrestlers can actually fight, talk to Brock
GoJays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I strongly disagree with you there, my friend. WWE is'nt a joke. It has been the starting place for many large stars in hollywood, politics, hell, even other sports. Think of some of the names: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Jesse Ventura, Hulk Hogan, even Brock Lesnar, the baddest man on the planet, was once a great WWF wrestler. If you have any questions about whether or not WWE wrestlers can actually fight, talk to Brock
He sure did not look like the baddest man on the planet when Cain Velasquez knocked his a*s out. Or did I miss something?
Old 04-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #17 (permalink)

James had a new interview and he stated it was a misunderstanding and he would not go to the WWE.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullmaniac99 View Post
James had a new interview and he stated it was a misunderstanding and he would not go to the WWE.
thank God...
gussiethebussie is offline   Reply With Quote