Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/racing-golf-other-sports/)
-   -   Another d@mn win for Toyota!!!! (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/racing-golf-other-sports/153571-another-d-mn-win-toyota.html)

pmannings#1fan 04-30-2011 11:04 PM

Another d@mn win for Toyota!!!!

I know they been in the circuit for awhile now but since when should a FOREIGN car company be allowed in NASCAR, an AMERICAN car racing sport. It's not F1 or Indy Car, it's NASCAR with roots that run deep as the South itself with origins from moonshiners & revenuers!!!!!!!

I car less if you understand my rant but to me it seems like Nascar isn't your daddys' Nascar anymore or at least mine it isn't...Use to be about the Big 3 but guess they felt like throwin a little rice burner in there lol:devil:

dmott19 04-30-2011 11:33 PM

KYLE!!!! 18!!! Thats my boy!!! lol. I dont collect NASCAR stuff but ive been trying to get a patch auto of him but its crazy expensive (for me) lol.

pmannings#1fan 04-30-2011 11:39 PM

[QUOTE=dmott19;1266464]KYLE!!!! 18!!! Thats my boy!!! lol. I dont collect NASCAR stuff but ive been trying to get a patch auto of him but its crazy expensive (for me) lol.[/QUOTE]

Me either but I use to go some of the races from 1995-2000 back when it was Winston Cup now it changed almost as bad as wrestling did, for the worse!!!

Nicnac 04-30-2011 11:41 PM

What do you think that the civilian versions of that Toyota are made in America by Americans but the civilian versions of the American brands are made in Mexico and Canada?

pmannings#1fan 04-30-2011 11:54 PM

[QUOTE=Nicnac;1266500]What do you think that the civilian versions of that Toyota are made in America by Americans but the civilian versions of the American brands are made in Mexico and Canada?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure as I'm living that we have assembly plants in all 3, U.S., Canada & Mexico. Ford, GM & Chrysler were all born & bred in America. Toyota is an outside based company with plants in the U.S.. I know as my family poured over 120 years combined in sweat in General Motors (Fisher Body) plants!!!

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Motor_Company[/url]

Nicnac 05-01-2011 12:03 AM

Yes sir, but see... 10 years ago, all Japanese cars were made in Japan. Now, many are made in America. 10 years ago, most American cars were made in America. Now, many are made overseas. Do you understand the problem?

America has shipped jobs to foreigners to get cheaper. Foreigners have shipped jobs here to hire Americans. Seems quite simple to me.

pmannings#1fan 05-01-2011 12:15 AM

[QUOTE=Nicnac;1266578]Yes sir, but see... 10 years ago, all Japanese cars were made in Japan. Now, many are made in America. 10 years ago, most American cars were made in America. Now, many are made overseas. Do you understand the problem?

America has shipped jobs to foreigners to get cheaper. Foreigners have shipped jobs here to hire Americans. Seems quite simple to me.[/QUOTE]

Although you're right, that wasn't my point of the thread or my last post. It's called global economy!!!! Point of last post is Toyota is still a Japanese company with operations everywhere & our 3 automakers are still United States companies with operations everywhere as well. Point of thread was Nascar is an American sports formed from the back roads of the runners of white lightning who raced the hills & roads in American made & built cars. Toyota just shouldn't be in there!!

Nicnac 05-01-2011 12:26 AM

[QUOTE=pmannings#1fan;1266601]Although you're right, that wasn't my point of the thread or my last post. It's called global economy!!!! Point of last post is Toyota is still a Japanese company with operations everywhere & our 3 automakers are still United States companies with operations everywhere as well. Point of thread was Nascar is an American sports formed from the back roads of the runners of white lightning who raced the hills & roads in American made & built cars. Toyota just shouldn't be in there!![/QUOTE]

Are you just realizing they are there now? What about foreign sports that have Americans playing? Should they be booted? How about Sumo?

pmannings#1fan 05-01-2011 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=Nicnac;1266617]Are you just realizing they are there now? What about foreign sports that have Americans playing? Should they be booted? How about Sumo?[/QUOTE]

I LOST my argument & my POINT!!!!

ManInTheMirror 05-01-2011 01:37 PM

[QUOTE=pmannings#1fan;1267241]I'd expect nothing less from anyone who lives in Florida lol!![/QUOTE]
I don't understand how you always talk about being American and showing patriotism but yet you make a comment like this. Florida is a part of the USA and all the same just seperated by state lines.

Nicnac 05-01-2011 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=ManInTheMirror;1267257]I don't understand how you always talk about being American and showing patriotism but yet you make a comment like this. Florida is a part of the USA and all the same just seperated by state lines.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh thanks for getting that quote before he changed it.

I had thought American corporations were evil entities that moved jobs overseas where they can pay workers less, thus abandoning tens of thousands of Americans and dozens of factories.
This allowed foreign companies to cut costs on shipping by taking over those factories, putting tens of thousands of Americans back to work, likely with better pay than they were getting under greedy corporate Americans.

But, I guess living in Florida, I have this all wrong, and evil foreigners are actually our problem.