Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,199
Default Secretariat commanding amazing prices...WOW!!!

This card just sold for $187.50!

2007 Sport Kings # 35 mini Secretariat SGC 96 Mint 9 | eBay

I honestly didn't think it would go that high. I wonder what this one would sell for?

__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,371
Default

HELLO Triple Crown winner in 1973. That don't happen too often if you watch & follow horse racing!!!! Relatively cheap if ya ask me..
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,411
Default

That is a great price. Why in the world would someone have that card graded by SGC?

I take it that an offer of $188.50 would not pry that BGS 10 out of your hands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
This card just sold for $187.50!

2007 Sport Kings # 35 mini Secretariat SGC 96 Mint 9 | eBay

I honestly didn't think it would go that high. I wonder what this one would sell for?

__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
That is a great price. Why in the world would someone have that card graded by SGC?

I take it that an offer of $188.50 would not pry that BGS 10 out of your hands?
No, I'm afraid I won't be parting with the BGS 10 for a while, but I do have a few ungraded on COMC for cheaper if you'd like to make an offer:

2007 Sportkings Mini #35 - Secretariat - CheckOutMyCards.com
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: AFL / Spring Training land
Posts: 6,273
Default

and down the stretch they come
preakness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
coclarkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 340
Default

so you're going to start a thread every year around kentucky derby time trying to pimp sportkings? you're pathetic and that's an understatement

08-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
If you don't already have some Secretariat Sportkings cards, you might want to consider picking one/some up.

You won't find his cards in upper deck, Topps, or any other major card brand.

Here's the trailer for the movie set to come out this fall:

Walt Disney's Inspirational Movie 'Secretariat' Welcomes Trailer

And here are some examples of his cards:
10-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I know there are a few people in this forum that like to knock Sportkings. They like to knock them for several reasons. Some of which are:

- I would hate to pull a card with a horse on it.

- I would hate to pull a card with a manufactured SK logo patch on it.

- The re-sale value is terrible.

- There is no future investment value for an unlicensed product.

Well, did you guys see the ending sale price of this card?

Ebay item number: 200527511644



It sold for over $1K, and 4 bids were $750 and above.
coclarkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coclarkson View Post
so you're going to start a thread every year around kentucky derby time trying to pimp sportkings? you're pathetic and that's an understatement
Can't be pimpin too hard since the Derby ran last weekend!!!
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coclarkson View Post
so you're going to start a thread every year around kentucky derby time trying to pimp sportkings? you're pathetic and that's an understatement
"Pathetic" is trying poorly to use the English language, like you often do.

"Pathetic" is not knowing what you're talking about, like you often do.

"Pathetic" is poorly reading into others' posts, like you often do.

"Pathetic" is calling others pathetic when you only have to look in the mirror to see pathetic by definition.

I feel sorry for you. A high percentage of your low post count more so represents you being an idiot than anything else. Perhaps one of these days you will contribute to this forum in an informative and positive manner...although I won't be holding my breath. I think it's safe to say that your very next post will be even more pathetic than your last.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ny
Posts: 1,637
Default

Busted again wheeler. The best part about the threads you start is that everyone can see what you are. you always have to get the last word and the threads continue. bravo, bravo
__________________
On Card Autos and Patch Cards
ricefan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricefan77 View Post
Busted again wheeler. The best part about the threads you start is that everyone can see what you are. you always have to get the last word and the threads continue. bravo, bravo
Two questions:

- Busted again for what?

- What am I that "everyone can see" when I create new threads?

(This should be good)
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Two questions:

- Busted again for what?

- What am I that "everyone can see" when I create new threads?

(This should be good)
I can see that you're from Kansas lol or & I can see your COMC username Maybe they got x-ray vision & see things I'd rather not see haha!!!
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Two questions:

- Busted again for what?

- What am I that "everyone can see" when I create new threads?

(This should be good)
A solid contributing member of the forum that brings intelligence and insight into a debate?

Just a guess.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
vatechhokiefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dublin, VA
Posts: 2,095
Default

I agree. I would not have had any idea that a card of Secretariat would bring that price. Sure wheeler owns copies of the same card- so what. If anyone else had done this with a Topps football card it wouldn't be an issue. What is pathetic is users who go out of their way to attack others for a seemingly innocent post.
__________________
Collecting New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, and San Antonio Spurs.
vatechhokiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ny
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechhokiefan View Post
I agree. I would not have had any idea that a card of Secretariat would bring that price. Sure wheeler owns copies of the same card- so what. If anyone else had done this with a Topps football card it wouldn't be an issue. What is pathetic is users who go out of their way to attack others for a seemingly innocent post.
He posted an ended ebay auction for a card that he's pumped up before and then shows off his own card. I really don't care. But then when another member posts that he thinks it's pathetic that he's done this before and proves that he has, wheeler goes out of his way to belittle the poster with different definitions of pathetic, and somehow that's fine with everyone???? Sorry if i've offended any retarded people.
__________________
On Card Autos and Patch Cards

Last edited by iluvfish2; 05-15-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: mod edit
ricefan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
sd_navarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,163
Default

Who the hell cares if he is pimpin his cards (not saying that he is). Pimpin = advertising. Advertising = more $$$.

If you don't want or try to get more $$$ for your cards -- that would be your problem.

Just my 2 cents.
__________________
Collecting: John Navarre Auto's
sd_navarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ny
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_navarre View Post
Who the hell cares if he is pimpin his cards (not saying that he is). Pimpin = advertising. Advertising = more $$$.

If you don't want or try to get more $$$ for your cards -- that would be your problem.

Just my 2 cents.
You are entitled to have your opinion and post whatever you want. You side with him because you know his position on sportskings and you also love sportskings, which is fine. The whole thing just gets real old. Maybe you haven't paid attention through the years, but i enjoy reading the posts on these boards. To say that mwheeler27 isn't the biggest sportskings whore in the world would be a lie. Anytime he bashes upper deck, panini, or topps, or pushes sportskings the same results occur. It turns into a pissing match with mwheeler27 trying to prove how intelligent he is and he usually insults people. This is exactly what happened here when he tried to say "hey, look at how awesome these cards are, has anyone ever seen one before?" "and look at my awesome card, i bet it's worth even more money than that" Even though he posted the same thing two other times. And he got called out on it. Then he decided to call that person pathetic 4 different ways for pointing it out. So, how about that Bryce Harper kid?
__________________
On Card Autos and Patch Cards
ricefan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Great Pond of Metro Phoenix
Posts: 7,150
Default

wheeler stalkers come back from the dead.

according to a couple of stalkers here, no one is allowed to buy or sell something at the "right" time. Man someone needs to watch some TV and see all those new fangled things called Ads that pump products. I think that companies want people to buy things so they can stay in business and make the consumers happy. Just my opinion
__________________
Look at MEEEEEEE!!!
I SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=AzPats10
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricefan77 View Post
He posted an ended ebay auction for a card that he's pumped up before and then shows off his own card. I really don't care. But then when another member posts that he thinks it's pathetic that he's done this before and proves that he has, wheeler goes out of his way to belittle the poster with different definitions of pathetic, and somehow that's fine with everyone???? Sorry if i've offended any retarded people.
If you don't like wheeler post or thread then don't post in it!! Who gives 2 sh?ts if he did it before, he did it again. Nobody is crying over it except for you & coc lark or whatever his username is. You 2 should get a life
__________________
Trade/Sell list
http://southernsportscards.webs.com/

Last edited by iluvfish2; 05-15-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: mod edit
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,411
Default

For the record I have retired from Sportkings Stalking and all of God's People (and a few others) said Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
wheeler stalkers come back from the dead.

according to a couple of stalkers here, no one is allowed to buy or sell something at the "right" time. Man someone needs to watch some TV and see all those new fangled things called Ads that pump products. I think that companies want people to buy things so they can stay in business and make the consumers happy. Just my opinion
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
sd_navarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricefan77 View Post
You are entitled to have your opinion and post whatever you want. You side with him because you know his position on sportskings and you also love sportskings, which is fine. The whole thing just gets real old. Maybe you haven't paid attention through the years, but i enjoy reading the posts on these boards. To say that mwheeler27 isn't the biggest sportskings whore in the world would be a lie. Anytime he bashes upper deck, panini, or topps, or pushes sportskings the same results occur. It turns into a pissing match with mwheeler27 trying to prove how intelligent he is and he usually insults people. This is exactly what happened here when he tried to say "hey, look at how awesome these cards are, has anyone ever seen one before?" "and look at my awesome card, i bet it's worth even more money than that" Even though he posted the same thing two other times. And he got called out on it. Then he decided to call that person pathetic 4 different ways for pointing it out. So, how about that Bryce Harper kid?
I also love sportskings?? lol

All I said if you don't try to maximize your own return on investment, that would be your problem.
__________________
Collecting: John Navarre Auto's
sd_navarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Nicnac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,335
Default

Omg someone shows off their cards! I thought our hobby was supposed to remain our own dirty secret. In fact, why do we have forum for this depraved activity?
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,199
Default

Thank you to those that see this thread as something positive.

The reason I posted it was to make those of you that happen to have this card aware they are selling well right now. If you check out what coclarkson quoted from me, you will see that I wasn't that far off when I suggested people pick up some of Secretariat's cards last year. (Thank you coclarkson) To me it seemed like a no-brainer they were about to go up in sale value.

As far as pimping my card that I posted a picture of above, it's not for sale and never was. I just thought that some of you might be interested in knowing there is in fact a Pristine 10 in existence.

I NEVER purposely insult someone else unless they have insulted me first. I believe in "do unto others as you would have others do unto you". If you feel like insulting me or someone else, you might as well expect something in return.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:03 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Cactuspies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Great Pond of Metro Phoenix
Posts: 7,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
For the record I have retired from Sportkings Stalking and all of God's People (and a few others) said Amen.
my post didn't include you. You actually post in other peoples threads and don't come out of the dark only when wheels posts. you are at least informative and make sense and have something to add with your posts and threads.
__________________
Look at MEEEEEEE!!!
I SUPPORT #BostonStrong The One Fund & Parkinson's Research
http://sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=AzPats10
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
"Pathetic" is trying poorly to use the English language, like you often do.

"Pathetic" is not knowing what you're talking about, like you often do.

"Pathetic" is poorly reading into others' posts, like you often do.

"Pathetic" is calling others pathetic when you only have to look in the mirror to see pathetic by definition.

I feel sorry for you. A high percentage of your low post count more so represents you being an idiot than anything else. Perhaps one of these days you will contribute to this forum in an informative and positive manner...although I won't be holding my breath. I think it's safe to say that your very next post will be even more pathetic than your last.
Pathetic is comparing you post count as if it matters some how.

Pathetic is attacking someones grammar cause you where called out and made to look foolish once again.

Pathetic is pimping your cards from a trash company you blindly follow.

Pathetic is this is your second topic in weeks pimping something on your comc.

Pathetic is what most around here call you behind your back.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,199
Default

Once again...you have no clue what you're talking about. The continuous, mindless attacks are humorous though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Pathetic is comparing you post count as if it matters some how.
I never one time "compared" my post count. Pathetic try. (I was going to say, "nice try", but that's not even remotely true).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Pathetic is attacking someones grammar cause you where called out and made to look foolish once again.
Nobody made me look foolish. The only fools in this thread are those too blind to see its purpose, like you. Your defense of coclarkson is cute though...and pathetic. I pointed out his poor grammar to teach him a valuable lesson in being taken seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Pathetic is pimping your cards from a trash company you blindly follow.
This entire sentence of yours is pathetic for obvious reasons. You're a joke for typing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Pathetic is this is your second topic in weeks pimping something on your comc.
Yet another pathetic, pathetic, pathetic comment from you. I was not pimping my COMC cards. That card I posted a picture of is NOT, nor ever will be in my COMC account. I am curious though, if I was pimping my COMC cards, am I not allowed to do what so many others do in this forum? You even stated it was only my "second topic in weeks pimping...". Don't others pimp their COMC cards a lot more often?

Stop being jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Pathetic is what most around here call you behind your back.
I don't doubt that most of the name-callers in this forum would do so "behind my back", if in fact they do exist, which of course I doubt. Doing it behind my back only shows how pathetic they are. Surely you don't agree with such actions do you? If so, you're even more pathetic than I thought.

Carry on...
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.