Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolietracing View Post
You can't really group all of these people together like the media always does. They didn't all die from steroids & drug use. Some of them died from things like cancer, car wrecks, freak accidents (Owen Hart), or being 600 pounds & having a heart attack (Yokozuna).
True but it is amazing how many have died from heart issues. I know I was shocked to find out Dino Bravo was murdered.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolietracing View Post
You can't really group all of these people together like the media always does. They didn't all die from steroids & drug use. Some of them died from things like cancer, car wrecks, freak accidents (Owen Hart), or being 600 pounds & having a heart attack (Yokozuna).

not to be a smartass, but please show me where i was grouping them together by how they died...i simply said that the 80s/90s guys are drying up-as most of these i mentioned were wrestlers of that era (some were mid to late 90s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Forgot Eddie Guerrero also as well as Chris Benoit (Kind of steriod related as is caused him to go insane basically)
I didnt really forget, i just didnt wantto group them together with Macho Man. He was definately an 80s/90s era wrestler...Benoit and Guerrerro were more late 90s/00s wrestlers...but if i included them id have to throw in Test, Cade and few others.

Im just tryin to think whos really left form that era...Flair, Hogan, Michaels, UT (although hes reportedly struggling to even walk right now), Hart, Sid, Vader, Sting...kinda makes me feel really old and im not even 30 yet
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

It's certainly interesting ,in a morbid sense, how such a large amount of professional wrestlers seem to die at early ages. The Von Erich family history is sad.

If I recall Dino Bravo was murdered over cigarette smuggling.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
Im just tryin to think whos really left form that era...Flair, Hogan, Michaels, UT (although hes reportedly struggling to even walk right now), Hart, Sid, Vader, Sting...kinda makes me feel really old and im not even 30 yet
Lex Luger is still alive. He was busted for steroids and according to some stories I have read is a shell of his former self.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Forgot Eddie Guerrero also as well as Chris Benoit (Kind of steriod related as is caused him to go insane basically)
Benoit's death had zero to do with steroids. He suffered too many concussions, which caused brain damage, which caused the mental breakdown. He and his situation is a big reason why there is so much care being taken to athletes of all sports when they get a concussion now.

Shame the media didn't give the truth enough attention once the autopsy showed exactly what happened.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #31 (permalink)

coclarkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coclarkson View Post
I LOVE THIS

Also dont forget the Ultimate Warrior is still ALIVE and I "belive" doing fine
He was and IS my favorite wrestler.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #33 (permalink)

Does anybody know the supposed reason behind the bad blood between Macho Man and Vince McMahon...

It supposedly has something to do with Stephanie, not sure if he was getting it on with her or just told her off, etc etc etc... Never could find out more detail...
jmarascojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #34 (permalink)

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper posted on his twitter account the supposed reason behind the bad blood between Macho Man and Vince McMahon

"Randy slapped Vince in a bar...End of that story!!"
kyle134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #35 (permalink)

Saw that, I've read elsewhere that that wasn't the only reason though....
jmarascojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #36 (permalink)

I don't know if it was the main reason or anything but Vince was really upset that Macho Man went over to WCW during the Monday Night Wars. Hulk Hogan is the reason that the WWE became so huge in the first place and Vince held a massive grudge with him for a long time when he went over to WCW. Same thing is happening now with Ric Flair, Hogan (again) and Mick Foley now that they're with TNA. Foley was supposed to be in the Legends of Wrestling game that came out last year but once Vince found out that he was joing TNA he was pulled out of the game immediately.
hreed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:23 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarascojr View Post
Saw that, I've read elsewhere that that wasn't the only reason though....
There's been very hushed and quiet rumors for a very long time that Savage and Stephanie had some sort of relationship when Steph was underage. Vince didn't like it of course, but Steph is his little "princess" (gets what she wants) and the negative publicity would have hurt big time in many different ways, so nothing was ever said or done about it.

Just what I've heard in very hushed whispers over the years. Could be completely untrue, I have no idea, but I've heard/read that a few times over the years.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartFan View Post
I LOVE THIS

Also dont forget the Ultimate Warrior is still ALIVE and I "belive" doing fine
He was and IS my favorite wrestler.
Warrior is alive and well, focusing on his artwork in New Mexico. I commissioned a piece from him earlier this year and it is my prized possession. Warrior was, is, and always will be the man

Sad news about Savage...another good guy in the business from what I've heard.