Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
ifish73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: S. New Jersey
Posts: 3,115
Default Sport Kings Series A

The LCS I go to is going out of business. He has had a box of Sport Kings A on the shelf since it came out. Is it worth to get and if so what is the going rate for the box. Also what do you get out of the box, it is huge! The size of two full size boxes of regular cards.
If I don't get it I know mwheeler is a big Sport Kings guy, maybe he will want it.
ifish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
swjedi2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,729
Default

Sportkings Trading Cards
__________________
My YouTube Box Break Page - http://www.youtube.com/swjedi2000

Collecting DREW STANTON auto's, patches, and low numbered cards!!! PM me!
swjedi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,594
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

I would try and talk him down a bit on the price of the box and take it. As long as it is somewhere around what the BO/ebay price is for the box, I would think it would be worth getting.
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,193
Default

I sent you a PM Ian. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care,

Matt
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
derek55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
The LCS I go to is going out of business. He has had a box of Sport Kings A on the shelf since it came out. Is it worth to get and if so what is the going rate for the box. Also what do you get out of the box, it is huge! The size of two full size boxes of regular cards.
If I don't get it I know mwheeler is a big Sport Kings guy, maybe he will want it.
NOT surprised!
derek55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,193
Default

You can use this Ebay auction as a reference when making an offer:

2007 Sport Kings Series A Hobby Box - eBay (item 270315452515 end time Jan-08-09 11:36:26 PST)

This should help you get a good price.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
ebacardi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RG3 Country
Posts: 10,814
Default 7 Cards

You get 7 cards... Don't be fooled by the box size lol...
__________________
Collecting: Football-RG3,Alfred Morris Basketball-Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal Hockey-Ovechkin, Backstrom Baseball-Bryce Harper
"If it says OBO then send me an offer, do not ask me to give you one"
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,594
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
You get 7 cards... Don't be fooled by the box size lol...
He lives! Where you been?

Fish - Did you ever end up getting the box?
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
ifish73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: S. New Jersey
Posts: 3,115
Default

I haven't had a chance to go back yet. I didn't realize there was only 7 cards in the box. I may pass because of that alone. For $250 I can get a few boxes than just 7 cards.
ifish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
ebacardi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RG3 Country
Posts: 10,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
He lives! Where you been?

Fish - Did you ever end up getting the box?
pskell02 been busy man...getting ready for some new years concerts in southern cal and vegas. I am just getting back on the boards a bit lately. Looks like some nice breaks have gone down. I will be around more after the new year, heading to vegas after cmas then I should have some time to get on and mess around. I look forward to talking with everyone soon. E
__________________
Collecting: Football-RG3,Alfred Morris Basketball-Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal Hockey-Ovechkin, Backstrom Baseball-Bryce Harper
"If it says OBO then send me an offer, do not ask me to give you one"
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,594
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
pskell02 been busy man...getting ready for some new years concerts in southern cal and vegas. I am just getting back on the boards a bit lately. Looks like some nice breaks have gone down. I will be around more after the new year, heading to vegas after cmas then I should have some time to get on and mess around. I look forward to talking with everyone soon. E
Its not you that I was concerned about, I was wondering about that fine lady friend of yours Jk. Will be nice to see you back on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
I haven't had a chance to go back yet. I didn't realize there was only 7 cards in the box. I may pass because of that alone. For $250 I can get a few boxes than just 7 cards.
I wouldn't let there only being 7 cards in the pack deter you from buying it. Especially if you can get it at a nice price. Heck, you could probably buy it and flip and make a few $$. I know everyone could use a few extra dollars this time of year.
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.