Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Beckett First look: 2011 TRISTAR TNA Signature Impact wrestling

First look: 2011 TRISTAR TNA Signature Impact wrestling

June 24, 2011 at 5:14 PM

By Chris Olds | BSCM Editor

For those who follow pro wrestling, they have likely noticed a new look for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling as the company has in a way re-branded itself.

That new look and vibe in its marketing campaign — all to enhance the “wrestling” aspect of the programming — is seen on the forthcoming TRISTAR release, TNA Signature Impact.

Signature Impact will be the rarest TRISTAR wrestling product ever released as there will be a mere 90 24-box cases made with each 20-pack hobby box packing three autograph cards, one memorabilia card, two parallels and one short-printed card of Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair or Sting.

The newest chase here, though? A 1/1 cut autograph of the late “Macho Man” Randy Savage, who briefly wrestled for TNA in 2004.

Each case will include a Hogan autograph as well as a Sting or Flair signature, while TRISTAR has upped the ante again from its past multiple-signature cards to include cards with as many as eight signatures this time around.

Every box will include at least one multi-autographed card.

The memorabilia card lineup will include jumbo swatches, signed cards, Flair Letter Cards that spell out his last name via the diecut memorabilia windows as well as quad memorabilia cards with pieces from four stars embedded into the card.

Chris Olds is the editor of Beckett Basketball.

First look: 2011 TRISTAR TNA Signature Impact wrestling |
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

i love the look of the base cards
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Give me odb or give me death!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'll be picking up a few boxes of these but hopefully the prices aren't ridiculous due to lower case count- the 8 auto card looks sexay!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Posted this elsewhere, but it's up on the site now at $1,799.99 per case... not sure any other TNA release has been that expensive other than the TNA Knockouts Revealed cases that they only made 50 cases of.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

OUCH...............
Old 06-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
Posted this elsewhere, but it's up on the site now at $1,799.99 per case... not sure any other TNA release has been that expensive other than the TNA Knockouts Revealed cases that they only made 50 cases of.

That's for a 24 box case, which works out to $75/box. Isn't that fairly consistent with the last few releases? And there are only 90 24-box cases being produced. With the extra auto in each box and the limited production, I think this could be decent. It's all pending the checklist though. If they fill this up with tons of Bully Ray, Amazing Red, and Sarita autos it will drop in price quick just like the last few releases.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah you can also probably ge these in the mini 12 box cases so you don't have to pay as much.
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
That's for a 24 box case, which works out to $75/box. Isn't that fairly consistent with the last few releases? And there are only 90 24-box cases being produced. With the extra auto in each box and the limited production, I think this could be decent. It's all pending the checklist though. If they fill this up with tons of Bully Ray, Amazing Red, and Sarita autos it will drop in price quick just like the last few releases.
I pre-ordered the Xtreme (last release) right here at Blowout for $1540, so at $1,800 that's a jack of $260 (more than $10 per box or a 17% increase, whatever you like better).

There is more value this time around since they are switching out the Hardy Art cards with an extra auto, but that kind of rate jack completely cancels out the added value.

I will say the swatch list this time around is pretty strong. Full checklists of everything are available here:

TNA Wrestling Cards

Just click the "Signature Impact" spot.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengoblin782 View Post
Yeah you can also probably ge these in the mini 12 box cases so you don't have to pay as much.
That's not really the point though. I could sell someone 1 box for $200 but that doesn't make the box worth $200 or make the value of what's in the box around $200. That's all I'm pointing out. I've already got my order in on a full case (elsewhere), all I'm doing is pointing out that $1,800 is a big rate jack from the last release and no TNA release has been that expensive on this site, other than the Knockouts Revealed that was limited to just 50 cases.

Last I looked, Blowout was still sitting on Xtreme cases (last release - hit in December) at $1485 that they've been unable to move... Oh, and those Knockouts Revealed cases? Yep, still sitting here 2 years later at $1,610.

Value for the price. That's what I'm talking about. Obviously those two example cases don't have the value versus the price, and at $1,800, I'm unconvinced this release is any different.