Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default tna or wwe

i prefer tna right now. i think it has the better "wrestling " product right now. wwe focuses on storyline way too much and is way too predictable........ it has been for a long time
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

WWE, cause TNA is old washed up WWE has beens. TNA's Divas are even WWE washed up has beens.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

wwe, if it was tna 4 years ago with wwe today it would be tna but since hogan tna sucks
Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

they both have tons of faults with enough bright spots to keep a candle of hope flickering.

Really hope they keep Low Ki and Austin Aries around longer than the ppv, cannot believe the way they've killed samoa joe and the machine guns. The Sting Joker thing is just really lame. Cant believe Hogan is going to wrestle again, he cant even move, should be really sad to watch.

As far as WWE the Punk thing could be great but I have zero faith in them making it work. I like that Daniel Bryan is getting paid finally but wish he could be in the world title picture.

Also Id be totally fine never seeing great khali, kane, hernandez, matt morgan, crimson, and any other big guy that doesnt move and just punches and kicks ever again.
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to imthegrinch Send a message via Yahoo to imthegrinch

wwe for me but i hate the pg so in that sense i like tna along with that tna actually lets the divas fight and not have 2 second matches.

http://brianscard.blogspot.com/
imthegrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

TNA has been picking up momentum in the last few weeks. Their average "in-ring match time" has increased substantially over the last month or so as they attempt to position themselves as the anti-WWE (which shamelessly renamed itself "WWE Inc" rather than "World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc" as a means of distancing itself from the "stigma" associated with pro wrestling and position itself as an entertainment conglomerate). TNA has had some exciting matches, they are trying to refocus the x-division, and the women's division is infinitely better than WWE's.

Joker Sting is awesome, btw.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthegrinch View Post
that tna actually lets the divas fight and not have 2 second matches.
Yes!!! WWE "Divas" are a complete and utter wrestling joke- they spend more time on their entrance music then actual wrestle time- I've timed matches as little as 10 seconds- average Diva match is usually 1 minute- TNA knockouts are 10x better entertainment- Kelly Kelly being the WWE Divas champion just strengthens my point...

The Motor City Machine Guns will be out of the spotlight for at least the remainder of the year due to Chris Saban tearing his ACL & MCL which is a real shame to TNA
Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

IMO: TNA has better in ring talents

WWE has sexiers divas

WWE is better marketed

They both have pretty crappy writers

It really comes down to what you wanna see..
Shimey013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblades_17 View Post
WWE, cause TNA is old washed up WWE has beens. TNA's Divas are even WWE washed up has beens.
lmao this post is so full of FAIL if ive ever seen one.

38 male wrestlers..and thats if you include Ric Flair as an "active" wrestler.

12 of those have EVER been in WWE in some sort of "push" (and im not counting Jarrett): Brian Kendrick, Team 3D, Pope, Kurt Angle, Hardys, Matt Morgan, Mr Anderson, Ric Flair, RVD, Shannon Moore.

Wanna take it further?

-Team 3D and Matt Morgan have been out of WWE since 2005..thats over 6 years
-Angle is going on 5 years out of WWE (in September)

so yeah..less than 1/3of the roster is "WWE" guys...and 1/3 of that 1/3 has been out of WWE for 5 years or more...

nice job there buddy..

and umm the Knockouts..really?

3 out of the 11 have been in WWE...and im being generous counting Winter (katie lea) as she was barely even used.

Love/Rayne/Sky/ODB have never beenin WWE...

i hate it when idiots like you talk out of your a$$.

Anyways..back on topic.

It might seem im on TNAs balls which im not. i watch them both/keep up with them both equally. I just hate ignorant postslike the one i quoted.

I honestly think TNA has more talent. ESPECIALLY if CM Punk is leaving WWE.

TNA: AJ Styles..Beer Money..Christopher Daniels...Pope..Doug Williams...Kazarian..Kurt Angle..Samoa Joe..

they all can put on wrestling clinics and good matches

WWE: Punk..Ziggler..Swagger..Christian...maybe Del Rio...they can put on the same as above.

notice i left off significant names from WWE...Kane/Big Show? big men who can move but put on the same match over andover again...Cena/Orton? definately athletic...definately big names..but definately put on same match (facein peril..oh nooo 3 moves out of nowhere they win).

IMO talent is being able to work any kind of match needed...high flying, technical, etc....so thats why i think TNA has better talent.

The problem holding TNA back is it only has 1 show every week. Therefore they have all the storylines having to be crammed together for 30 wrestlers each week. Some times theres 2 weeks or more that go by w/o seein some people.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Cena is not that good at wrestling, the only thing that is keeping him on top is the fact that very few people in the WWE can work the mic better. CM Punk, Bryan, Bourne, Sin Cara are probably the best wrestlers in the WWE. CM Punk can also work the mic pretty well, if Lauranatis had half a brain he'd be trying to push Punk for better face time, instead he pushes the same matches over and over(Orton vs. Christian, King vs. Cole, Barrett vs. Jackson) they've tried to come up with groups of wrestlers to try and compare them to groups in the past, but have epically failed(Nexus and the Corre honestly and trutfully could never compare to DX, Ministry of Darkness, or Nation of Domination). If the WWE wants to make money instead or boring people try and bring back the attitude era and quit making the show PG cartoonish program. I mean come on you can by a nice chunk of shares of the WWE for basically nothing, their stock has plummeted as its only around 9.50 a share. I would not be surprised if they do not pick up some ratings it may have to file for bankruptcy. TNA is boring, so I'm not even going to get started on that.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

Without the show being moderately "family friendly", they would fail to sell out areanas. They need the revenu that comes with "little Jimmy" and the extra sales of shirts and all of the other items from the stands that the kids just HAVE to have.
Igman7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Kinda off-topic, but anyone who thinks Hogan can't wrestle and only got the top spot because he kissed McMahon's ass needs to watch his matches from the mid-80's in Japan.

Hogan was more important to the WWF than the WWF was to Hogan. Hogan was already a star when he arrived in WWE. Vince used daddy's money to market him to a wider audience, but he certainly didn't create "Hulkamania."

Sorry, it just really bothers me when the dorks on the internet arbitrarily bash Hogan with no respect or appreciation to what he did to build this business. And it really pissed me off last night when Cena and McMahon repeatedly said that they could just plug anybody in to the star role. There's been maybe one guy since Hogan who's had equal success in the WWE, and that's Steve Austin, but his Q Score doesn't even sniff Hogan's.

/rant.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

As someone who was a wrestling fan from before anyone heard of Hulk Hogan, I would tend to agree that Terry was a weak wrestler at best. He was fantastic on the mic and great at all of the larger than life promotion that was done at the time. He did a lot to further the industry and anyone who would dispute that needs their diaper changed, but I would never put him in the same category as Ricky Steamboat or some of the other great mat technicians.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
Without the show being moderately "family friendly", they would fail to sell out areanas. They need the revenu that comes with "little Jimmy" and the extra sales of shirts and all of the other items from the stands that the kids just HAVE to have.
Were they not selling out arenas during the attitude era?
Old 07-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

In case you haven't noticed, overall viewership is down. Look at the TV ratings then vs now if you don't think so. The WWE, like any smart business, had to adjust to a changing market and focus on the new key demographic.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #16 (permalink)

Decent Don West special on TNA (Impact) store site right now, 10 autographed 8x10 photos for only 39.99 for any on here who are interested...makes for an instant collection really;

Don's Autograph Special | ShopTNA
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

tna has crap production and is run by people who have ruined everything they touch.
there is nothing worse than watching a bunch of has beens still trying to hang on. how long did it take tna to tell jeff hardy to take a hike? he had to ruin a ppv by being wasted for them to finally do something

wwe has better over-all value. that is all
geoffyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #18 (permalink)

I haven't watched a single minute of wrestling since WCW. Wrestling died when the WCW did for me.

Giants, World Champs!
cj52racers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Decent Don West special on TNA (Impact) store site right now, 10 autographed 8x10 photos for only 39.99 for any on here who are interested...makes for an instant collection really;

Don's Autograph Special | ShopTNA

Damn I must've missed this one. What were the autos?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
Damn I must've missed this one. What were the autos?
You were guaranteed 4 (Anderson, Angle, Styles, Mickie James) and the other 6 were random (had Van Dam, Hogan, Love, Sky, etc. in the pack of possible others.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Old 07-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
Inactive Account

tna/wwe who cares just want autograph cards
warlordforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #22 (permalink)

Don West sale is back on.....12 8x10 autos (randomized, no guarantees) for only 39.99;

Craziest Autograph Deal Ever | ShopTNA
Old 07-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #23 (permalink)

i like em both the sting angle is pretty cool
but feud between cm punk and cena is pretty classic right now

tna probably does have better wrestling but wwe still has a more entertaining show
GLewis716 is online now   Reply With Quote