Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 01:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default WWE Champions Auto

Honestly I don't know why I do, but whenever I see fresh WWE or UFC boxes on the shelves at Target or Walmart, I have to buy some. Today I was bored on my break at work (Target, early shift) and found a sealed box (dont worry it was the "do not sell as a box" variety) of WWE Champions. Only 2 bucks a pack so I picked up 2, especially intrigued by the loooooooooooong odds of the Autos. Lo and behold, what do I pull? A Dolph Ziggler auto. For some reason I can hit these long odd hits out of everything BUT hockey. Anyway, I'm sure the odds are MUCH better for the hobby release, can anyone tell me anything about the card? Pretty cool looking, have NO idea who this Dolph guy is. First thing I thought of was Rocky 4.
evillittlejawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

lol Ziggler is a great up and coming superstar who is slowly getting more and more recognition, would you be interested in trading it for football?

Who do I collect? Football: Ahman Green, Greg Jennings, Mike McCarthy
Wrestling: Shawn Michaels (Have: 171/182 = 93.95% Complete) <---Official Cards
Apocalypz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

Poooooossibly. Would more then likely only be looking for Broncos stuff though. I can't seem to find much info on the set, even on ebay, is it even officially out yet? Just trying to figure out a general value. Maybe I opened the box too soon...whoops. Hey it was on the sales floor...fair game if you ask me. Is there even a Hobby vs. Retail distinction? I can only find a few other Champions Autos and they list the odds the same, 1:150. Doesn't say if that's hobby or retail though. Thats crazy if it's the same. Thats what...8 boxes?!

Last edited by evillittlejawa; 07-02-2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

no it came out already, just sent you a PM

Who do I collect? Football: Ahman Green, Greg Jennings, Mike McCarthy
Wrestling: Shawn Michaels (Have: 171/182 = 93.95% Complete) <---Official Cards
Apocalypz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

WrestlingTradingCards.com got the scoop on the checklists and odd of autographs from this set coming out next month. The odds of one autograph per 150 packs indicate it’ll be one auto per 6 box case. It’s also worth noting that the Rey Mysterio auto promised in the presell sheet has one again failed to materialize. Personally I’m glad I don’t have any boxes preordered but I might pick up a few of the auto cards on the after market, the Edge one in particular as it’ll probably be his last one for a long time.

Dolph Ziggler
Edge
John Cena
Kofi Kingston
Layla
Michelle McCool
The Miz
Natalya
Randy Orton
Santino Marella
Sheamus
Vladimir Kozlov
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Congrats I opened two hobby boxes and didn't pull a autograph.
Greengoblin782 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yep, hobby odds are 1:150 as well. There are zero mat relics or anything, so not very many people bought boxes/cases of this release because the only thing to hit was an auto every 150 packs.

Odd part is the few autos that have hit so far haven't really sold for much (so far). Cena went for $61 + $3 for ship, Edge went for $44.99 with free ship, etc. Anyone buying them recently got a fantastic deal with as hard as they are to pull.

Congrats on the hit!
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

i am per feck shunn. gotta scan? would like to see how it looks
Old 07-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to imthegrinch Send a message via Yahoo to imthegrinch

id def be interested if ft

http://brianscard.blogspot.com/
imthegrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks SO much for the help guys, I'm working on getting a scan...I cant get my scanner to turn on... I have several inquirery's into buying or trading for this. I haven't seen ONE of this guy on ebay, either ended or live, so I have NO idea how to guage it's value. But I'll consider monetary offers (preferred as I need to fund my trip to Minnesota in a week), or if trade I would be pretty much only looking for the stuff in my siggy.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

Here's one on auction:

TOPPS WWE DOLPH ZIGGLER NEW AUTOGRAPH 2011 CARD READ | eBay

All of the Champions autos have been going much cheaper than they should, but that's the only one for Ziggler that's hit Ebay so far.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hmmm...I've got some offers but I'm reaaaally tempted to list it on ebay. Ugh...If I wasn't in a bit of a monetary crunch this would be much easier. Lol.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

opened a few packs of these, should've called this set Score WWE, not sure how this is not a 99 cent a pack product!
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

Too bad you need the money. imo ziggler would be one to hold onto. the dude is full of talent and charisma and doesn't have too many autos out there.

the champions autos are selling ridiculously high for some reason. I picked up an entire set of the autos for $350 and that I overpaid until i saw that orton went over $100 and edge was over $70. on average they are all selling 50-60 which i crazy.

also i pre-ordered one box to put a set together and pulled an edge auto so i got lucky in that sense.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:48 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
the champions autos are selling ridiculously high for some reason.
They've picked up steam but still aren't "ridiculously high" at all in my opinion. You get basically 1 per case and the rest of everything is a base card set and an easy to pull 10 card insert set (no money in either of those). So with case prices around $300, that makes the 1 auto quite valuable. Even the Orton that sold for $155 is "cheap" compared to what it should cost to acquire one.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:16 AM   #16 (permalink)

Still entertaining offers, would like to sell (paypal) by tomorrow evening or I'll have to go to feebay.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to imthegrinch Send a message via Yahoo to imthegrinch

the auto prices have dropped alot already i've seen.

http://brianscard.blogspot.com/
imthegrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
They've picked up steam but still aren't "ridiculously high" at all in my opinion. You get basically 1 per case and the rest of everything is a base card set and an easy to pull 10 card insert set (no money in either of those). So with case prices around $300, that makes the 1 auto quite valuable. Even the Orton that sold for $155 is "cheap" compared to what it should cost to acquire one.
Do you really believe that logic?
Please tell me what kind of cards in any sport that are sold from what a box or case is sold for. Just because an auto is one per case doesnt mean it is going to be worth 5x-10x more than an auto from another product. A normal Orton auto sells any wheres from 25-35. SHould an auto from this product be worth a little more, probably, but 5x no. Unless they numbered these or said that there is only a few made I dont see a major price jump for these. These probably are not as rare as they seem since they are in almost all major retail stores. There is probably about a case within 20 miles of my home(In 3 different cities). So there is a good chance that they will be pulled for some time going forward
Old 07-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude11 View Post
Do you really believe that logic?
Please tell me what kind of cards in any sport that are sold from what a box or case is sold for. Just because an auto is one per case doesnt mean it is going to be worth 5x-10x more than an auto from another product. A normal Orton auto sells any wheres from 25-35. SHould an auto from this product be worth a little more, probably, but 5x no. Unless they numbered these or said that there is only a few made I dont see a major price jump for these. These probably are not as rare as they seem since they are in almost all major retail stores. There is probably about a case within 20 miles of my home(In 3 different cities). So there is a good chance that they will be pulled for some time going forward
The more limited something is, the higher the price. How often or how many John Cena Heritage IV autos have you seen? I've counted 3 total on Ebay and none went for less than $250. You know why? They were Wal-Mart retail gravity feed pack exclusives (could not be pulled in blasters or anything else) and seeded something like 1 in 2188 packs.

Sure, some people see Orton and think his auto is only worth $25-$35, but for those who understand how hard the Champions autos are to pull and just how limited they are (numbering isn't needed to know these autos aren't common - just like Cena's Heritage 4 auto isn't numbered either), they know there is a premium on the price.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
The more limited something is, the higher the price. How often or how many John Cena Heritage IV autos have you seen? I've counted 3 total on Ebay and none went for less than $250. You know why? They were Wal-Mart retail gravity feed pack exclusives (could not be pulled in blasters or anything else) and seeded something like 1 in 2188 packs.

Sure, some people see Orton and think his auto is only worth $25-$35, but for those who understand how hard the Champions autos are to pull and just how limited they are (numbering isn't needed to know these autos aren't common - just like Cena's Heritage 4 auto isn't numbered either), they know there is a premium on the price.
What happened to this cena then?
John Cena Heritage IV AUTO 47/100 WWE Raw Champion! | eBay

These autos arent as hard to get as you think, there is plenty sitting on shelves in retail stores, the prices are just too high right now for full boxes when you are not guaranteed an auto.

Its funny that you bring up the odds, seems to me that autos are 1:150 in all the champions packs. A little easier to pull than the cena that you brought up
Old 07-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude11 View Post
What happened to this cena then?
John Cena Heritage IV AUTO 47/100 WWE Raw Champion! | eBay

These autos arent as hard to get as you think, there is plenty sitting on shelves in retail stores, the prices are just too high right now for full boxes when you are not guaranteed an auto.

Its funny that you bring up the odds, seems to me that autos are 1:150 in all the champions packs. A little easier to pull than the cena that you brought up
Simple, it was listed in the wrong category. It's listed under baseball. So a lot of collectors (like myself), never saw it.

Yep, 1 in 150 to pull 1 auto out of 12 different ones. 8.5% shot to hit the auto someone wants. 91.5% chance of missing for $300. Technically speaking, a buyer has a 1 in 1800 chance to pull a specific auto, if you want to get into technicalities of it all.

Look at it a different way. You buy 1 pack of cards for $300. Any sport. You get some base, a common insert, and 1 auto. What is the "floor" for that auto, meaning even the crappiest auto possible from a $300 pack that only contains one thing worth anything, that of course being the 1 auto? And what would a "big name" or the "top name" go for?

Oh, and while you might be expecting more of these to come, I'm sure there will be a few, but not very many at all. Been out a couple of weeks now, so case breakers are all done. Packsearchers are probably done at this point as well. So sure, a few more will hit, but there won't be a flood of them or anything.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 AM   #22 (permalink)

I should add that we're probably not much different. I just checked my watch list and I have 83 cards on it. If they go above what they are worth to me, I won't bid. But what they are worth to me and what their true value is are two very different things. While you might feel an Orton auto is worth $25-$35, this particular auto is easily "worth" a whole lot more than that due to how hard they are to pull and how limited they are. Like I said though, I'm the same way with my collecting. There's a point at which any card can go above what I am willing to pay for it, happens quite often actually, but that doesn't mean those cards are selling for too much. And on the flipside, even if I get a card at a price I like, that doesn't mean it sold for too little.

Personal value also fluctuates quite a bit from person to person anyway. I'm sure the Cena auto is much more valuable to me (my son actually) than it is to you. My kiddo has every Cena auto from every release (including the Heritage 4 and the Redemption Auto replacement for Triple H), the only disclaimers being he doesn't have the Slam Attax Auto from overseas ($500 for the one I saw listed) and he doesn't have every parallel version. He's got the best of what we pull or decide to buy. Like the 2010 Topps WWE. He's got the Gold Single Auto numbered to 25, but doesn't have the version that isn't numbered. He's got the dual with Orton, but numbered to 99 instead of 25. He's got the Gold auto/swatch numbered to 25 out of the Platinum, but not the blue numbered to 99 or the regular one numbered to 275. So to keep his collection intact, I had to have a Cena Champions auto. Luckily my case had one, so that took care of that. Anyway, needless to say that auto is/was more valuable to us than it is to you, and that's cool of course, but neither of our personal values have anything to do with the actual value of the card. Pack prices and odds play the biggest part since we're talking about the top name in the WWE.

Last edited by MasterOfTheDark; 07-11-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #23 (permalink)

Just because I'm bored and am watching a really odd show my wife is watching...

Champions autos:

31 have sold.
20 are currently listed.

51 total have hit Ebay, 12 different, so barely 4 of each. Here's the actual breakdown for each:

Edge - 7
Layla - 7
Orton - 6
Ziggler - 5
Natalya - 5
Cena - 4
Sheamus - 4
Kofi - 3
McCool - 3
The Miz - 3
Kozlov - 3
Santino Marella - 1 ONLY 1! Weeks after it has released!

So while it may appear that there are a lot of these autos out there, that really isn't the case on the individual numbers.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #24 (permalink)

there are more and more of these being listed everyday. i sold my edge for 70 and a couple days later edge was selling in the 40 range. ziggler and koz have both sold for $10.
these are not rare on ebay at the moment but will probably go pretty sparse in the near future however most wwe autos go sparse. there are several autos that I know are not SP but I can't seem to locate.

i will agree with the fact that since they are 1:150 packs they should hold a bit more value than other regular release autos. Orton for $155 is crazy though. we are just seeing what happened when Platinum got released. I watched adavid Otunga auto sell over $40 and now it brings a couple bucks. Its the initial rush and feeling of having to have the new cards. they will level out and lose heat like all products do. With only 12 autos set collectors shouldn't have to spend too long collecting them and will move onto the next set.

i can't believe these cards were compared to the cena heritage 4. the heritage 4 autos almost never show up and were inserted at crazy retail odds whereas these are 1:150 no matter what. the last cena heritage 4 went for about the right price on ebay. it doesn't realy matter what category it was in. the card jumped up about $50 in the last few seconds. also when I search for cards on ebay I don't use category because people can't list things correctly. Just use the terms "wwe auto" and "wwe autograph" and that is pretty much all you need.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
Orton for $155 is crazy though. we are just seeing what happened when Platinum got released. I watched adavid Otunga auto sell over $40 and now it brings a couple bucks. Its the initial rush and feeling of having to have the new cards. they will level out and lose heat like all products do. With only 12 autos set collectors shouldn't have to spend too long collecting them and will move onto the next set.

i can't believe these cards were compared to the cena heritage 4. the heritage 4 autos almost never show up and were inserted at crazy retail odds whereas these are 1:150 no matter what. the last cena heritage 4 went for about the right price on ebay. it doesn't realy matter what category it was in. the card jumped up about $50 in the last few seconds. also when I search for cards on ebay I don't use category because people can't list things correctly. Just use the terms "wwe auto" and "wwe autograph" and that is pretty much all you need.
Sure, stuff goes from hot to less, but over time they go back up. Just look at what the 2009 Judgement Day Mat autos are going for (1 per case), or the auto/swatches and jumbo swatches from the 2010 WWE release (1 per case). Those are the "biggies" as far as jumps back up go, but all of the cards do it. As stuff dries up, the selling prices go back up.

The only reason the Heritage 4 auto didn't go for more is because it was listed in the wrong category. I can guarantee you it would not have sold for that price if it had been listed correctly.

And yes, I do weird random searches on occasion and pick up some fantastic deals that I flip. I just don't have the time or desire to do it all the time. I see every card listed in 2 categories every single day. I'm not going to do that for all of Ebay's categories.