Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default ringside 2

hi, just receive an e-mail from ccc about it... anybody knows production numbers, price... i really like serie 1 but the new configuration of the boxes scares me a bit plus the checklist is not that great compare to serie 1...
sykopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

could you post information about it?
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Creative Cardboard Concepts| Ringside Boxing Round 2
Old 07-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Sugar Ray Robinson cut auto might be enough to make me order some. Not to mention autos of Duran and Holyfield

Old 07-07-2011, 03:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Things that scare me:
Round 1 is still well below factory cost.
Round 2 has a weaker checklist.
Round 2 only has 2 hits instead of 3, even if the box is cheaper it wont help.
16-box case in my opinion is too large for a master case, should have kept it at 10 and possibly 5 box inners.
I just dont see how this one is going to do well, especially when the Round 1 boxes dropped below cost quickly.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

not info production number ? are the auto are still /90 with some sp ? iam going to buy some for sure to complete the turkey red and base set since the number on the card continue from s1 but i dont think i will make the auto set on this one. iam a big boxing fan id like to see big name current boxer, klitschko brothers, pac man, b-hop, j.m marquez, PBF, calzaghe and raising star like donaire, pascal, khan (he sucks i know but got a big fan base), bute, a. ward (in fact all the super 6) i dont think thos product alot cheaper compare to round 1 i got burn the first time buying them at 300$ a box in montreal i will wait a month or so if this product price tag is higher 150$ it will come down to around 100$ a box too i think. the quality of the card is there now it only need some love from the collector !!!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

What's the deal with boxing cards. I see pacquio signing for topps but why don't big companies make a boxing product? Is there a license issue. Id like to see a true topps or ud boxing product.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

i dont want topps, ud or panini in the boxing cards. ccc (itg) makes a great product, hard sign no redemption the only issue is the price tag versus the re-sell value. thats why i wont be buying as much wax as i as wish. one more sugestion for ccc and then iam done !!! a complete package like in hockey product, glove, boots, trunk could be a great insert set... cant wait for the product to hit the market !
Old 07-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
What's the deal with boxing cards. I see pacquio signing for topps but why don't big companies make a boxing product? Is there a license issue. Id like to see a true topps or ud boxing product.
Hi, there is no union for boxers or an blanket organization like the mlbpa that a company can deal with. Sportkings has to deal with individual contracts for each fighter so there is probably more leg work involved. It is a niche product with limited production which is a concept the bigger companies cannot comprehend
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'm looking forward to these cards, but I think they are coming out high. I want the set, but with only 3 base and one auto and 3 turkeys, your going to have to buy 3 or 4 16 box cases to get it and then still go buy some singles to fill the gaps. The perfect price for the first round was around $100-$110 but these, with no tyson/ali autographs, and only 1 auto per box, I think $100 is too much.

I pretty much have only recently started buying the boxing and mma cards and a few others, say within the last 2 years. What do the more experienced card collectors think? Maybe I'm way off?
sdothbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tai

I think you are spot on concerning pricing but I think it will be a great buy at $69-79 which it will no doubt hit sooner than later(but it is Sportskings so the premium is initially expected). The auto list is missing it's "Ali" but it is composed of plenty of great names from boxing history past & present. In fact, after looking at the checklist for the memorabilia I am convinced that the memorabilia may be considered on near even terms with the auto's; names like Pacman and Julio Ceasar Chavez patches are hidden in the checklist. The one benefit about the base set being hard to make is it should help prop up the value of the base & Turkey red in the long term. I personally don't like the base set but the Turkey Red set is a worthy challenge so I don't mind them being SP.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

the base set wont be hard to make. i made it last year w one case. the turkey red's will be a challenge though
gasper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:27 AM   #14 (permalink)

wow!! totally changed from last year!! sets are gonna be impossible!! uggghhh!!
gasper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Hi guys thought i would register here to ask a question. Not into other sports cards but a huge boxing fan so I've been collecting ringside boxing round 1 and now round 2.
Round 1 Auto's/Patches came in magnetic plastic holders, and round 2 doesn't. So if i wanted to put round 2 Auto's and Patch cards in the same kind of cases what sizes would i get? The Memorabilia cards are quite a bit thicker then the Auto cards.
Thanks!
boxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

wow, price of this stuff is so low on the secondary market(big name auto have a hard time selling at 40$+, calzaghe moniker 38$ !!!...), wax price will drop soon then ill buy ! got burned last year (pre-sell 2500$ case) so i decided to wait this year i think it was a great choice !!! great product for boxing fan, not much for rip/flip...

@ boxfan: mag. holder 130pt
Old 08-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykopat View Post
wow, price of this stuff is so low on the secondary market(big name auto have a hard time selling at 40$+, calzaghe moniker 38$ !!!...), wax price will drop soon then ill buy ! got burned last year (pre-sell 2500$ case) so i decided to wait this year i think it was a great choice !!! great product for boxing fan, not much for rip/flip...

@ boxfan: mag. holder 130pt
I agree on the price I'm kind of regretting that i bought a 16 box case already, had a few nice hits but actually got a lot of doubles which was disappointing, and only one gold auto, a Tommy freakin Morrison lol. Still i love the cards but may just pick up the odd one off ebay i need now. Anyone pulled a cut auto from round 2 yet?

Would the 130 pt work for both the memorabilia and auto cards? I figured i would need 2 different sizes...
Old 08-16-2011, 07:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

nop auto are regular are 35 or 55pt do need some auto from round 1 ? ive got lots of double iam looking to sell or maybe trade (big name only).
Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykopat View Post
nop auto are regular are 35 or 55pt do need some auto from round 1 ? ive got lots of double iam looking to sell or maybe trade (big name only).
Thanks... I've got every auto except a Marvis Fraizer who I've never been to worried about finding lol