Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default First look: 2011 Topps WWE Classics cards

First look: 2011 Topps WWE Classics cards

August 23, 2011 at 3:25 PM

By Chris Olds | Beckett Sports Card Monthly Editor

Topps unveiled its newest WWE trading card line on Tuesday, 2011 WWE Classics, a line that will be an all-foil series including an insert set dedicated solely to the forthcoming WrestleMania clash between John Cena and The Rock.

Scheduled to arrive in mid-December, Classics will consist of 90 base cards of Superstars, Legends and Divas, each found with gold parallels. The base set’s design is one that was tested in Topps’ 2011 Target baseball value boxes as Chrome bonus cards.

Here, we’ve traded The Mick for The Miz and gone with foilboard.

There will be a 10-card Cena-Rock insert set, meanwhile the autograph and Relic checklists — 16 cards for each — are all TBDs at this time. There will be 24 packs per box and eight boxes per case when Classics arrives in hobby shops.

See more images from the set … after the jump.

First look: 2011 Topps WWE Classics cards |
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING CLASSIC ABOUT THIS PRODUCT

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

They look like the bonus refractors I pulled from Topps Baseball Value packs at Target.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

What is classic at all about this? Design is modern, and they dont even advertise any legends in the article. Ill be staying away from this.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

I haven't even gone to make my coffee yet..........can't........stop.........staring....
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

wonder how many hits per box.....???
Old 08-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

^^^ I see two hits above in that Kelly Kelly Card.... ;-)
jmarascojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
What is classic at all about this? Design is modern, and they dont even advertise any legends in the article. Ill be staying away from this.
"Scheduled to arrive in mid-December, Classics will consist of 90 base cards of Superstars, Legends and Divas, each found with gold parallels."

Unless you mention advertise by name, in which case you're right and it's kinda stupid of them not to given the name of the set.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

This looks like another joke set like Insider and Champions. I have a case of 2011 WWE coming next month but after that I might have to quit with the WWE cards until they come out with something good. When I see "Classics" I don't see Swagger and Kelly Kelly, I see Iron Shiek, The Rockers, Ultimate Warrior, Honky Tonk Man, Jake the Snake, Andre! Let's do a set with some balls for once. I'm sick of the same autos and shirt cards from Cena, Orton, Kofi, etc...
thepick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepick88 View Post
This looks like another joke set like Insider and Champions.
I'll disagree based on the limited information given so far. 16 autos and 16 relics, so odds are that there will be 1 of each per box (2 hits). There are also gold parallels mentioned and pictured, and 1 insert set mentioned so far. It also says they are all foil cards, so it should be similar to the 2010 Platinum release as far as looks. If there are more parallel colors and at least 1 more insert set, then this release will far out-shadow the Champions release. Not saying that this will be a spectacular release or anything, just that Champions was such an epic fail that based on the limited info given so far, this will be better than that.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Jack Thwagger as an autograph? Checklist should be Cena, Punk, Orton, Miz, Undertaker, HHH, Jericho, Batista, Rock, Ryder, and then 6 others
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post

I haven't even gone to make my coffee yet..........can't........stop.........staring....
Ah, I see. Each one is named Kelly... CLASSIC!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Jack Thwagger as an autograph? Checklist should be Cena, Punk, Orton, Miz, Undertaker, HHH, Jericho, Batista, Rock, Ryder, and then 6 others
lol @ thwagger

i can never take the dude seriously when he gets on the mic. I would still take an auto of him since he doesn't have one yet. this set will probably be a solid release and will sell out just like the rest of the wwe products do, with the exception of champions. also, not sure how someone can compare insider to champions. Insider has an auto and a relic per box whereas champions was an auto per case...not even close. As long as there is an auto in every box i will buy a case of this stuff. cases will be $300-350 per case and that is super cheap to bust 8 boxes imo.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote