Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 01 UD Golf

I'm comtemplating purchasing a case of 2001 UD golf obviously looking for Tigers. I know squat about golf card. Any help/advise?

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

i bought eight boxes maybee two years ago, and out of all eight only one stinkin jersey card.....fuzzy zeller polo shirt,,,,,,,,,,, if you do grab that haystack i wish you the best of luck finding the needle,, but if its for a great price then why not,,, the tigers autos only bring in how much $$$$$$$$$$....Enough thats for sure
bluebug73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Maybe some people can correct me if I'm wrong, but those 2001 Tiger cards were search in packs...If you look on ebay you will see lots of 100 packs of 2001 UD. No chance you will have Woods auto in those.

I don't know if it would be safe to buy a case tough? Just trying to warn you that you might buy a something that the seller knows for sure there's on Woods in it.

Anyone have more specific infos on this?
MikeDtonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebug73 View Post
i bought eight boxes maybee two years ago, and out of all eight only one stinkin jersey card.....fuzzy zeller polo shirt,,,,,,,,,,, if you do grab that haystack i wish you the best of luck finding the needle,, but if its for a great price then why not,,, the tigers autos only bring in how much $$$$$$$$$$....Enough thats for sure
Ironic to pull Fuzzy Zoeller, eh?
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default golf cards

i got into busting cases of the 01 golf and think i busted around 3 and two rack pack cases....

i have about 20 tiger rookies and around 20 amb. of golf tiger woods, huge pile of commons because all the other guys suck, without tiger you would not be able to give the cases a way....

i did get lucky and pulled a tiger woods red tour threads, which is like discovering plutionium by accident...

on my website you can see i got pretty addicted to collecting golf, i have posted values for singles and cases... ebay values going back to march of last year... check it out..

the cases just like any case is fun to bust open but for profit, goood luck

http://www.tradersexchange.com/sport...tion/golf.html
bostonwhaler16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have opened about 8 cases of this stuff over a period of 4 years. You should get 8 Tiger RC #1 in your case. You will also get at least one tour threads and you may get an extra if your lucky, if this is a sealed case. You might want to look at getting a rack case instead, I opened a bunch of this as well, and it seems odds are better as the packs are pulled to put with the preview packs. I pulled a total of four players ink auto out of all I opened daly, lehman,garcia, kite. It is a fun bust, but unless you hit an auto or sp threads you WILL NOT make your money back, if you are doing it for the $$$. I did it for the sets and building with my sons. Over the years I did put the entire tour threads set together, which will always stay in my PC, but it is something fun to do. Good luck if you decide to bust.
golfhack2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

I've opened 3 cases and got between 6-8 Tigers per case. Usual one/two jersey cards and no autographs.

If you buy a case expect about the same results.
C&M Sports Memorabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
mdh

Has anyone gone after golf in other years, besides 2001.
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Just confirming what other's said about 2001. I probably opened about 15 cases between both hobby and retail of 2001. I bought the cases at or around their low point. I believe I paid around $75 per case. I averaged 6 Tiger rookies per case, and one shirt card.

Do not buy this for profit unless you love to gamble. If you want rookies, just buy them. Do it before Tiger gets going and gets closer to Jack's record as I am sure the 01 rookies will go up at some point.
tedsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhack2345 View Post
I have opened about 8 cases of this stuff over a period of 4 years. You should get 8 Tiger RC #1 in your case. You will also get at least one tour threads and you may get an extra if your lucky, if this is a sealed case. You might want to look at getting a rack case instead, I opened a bunch of this as well, and it seems odds are better as the packs are pulled to put with the preview packs. I pulled a total of four players ink auto out of all I opened daly, lehman,garcia, kite. It is a fun bust, but unless you hit an auto or sp threads you WILL NOT make your money back, if you are doing it for the $$$. I did it for the sets and building with my sons. Over the years I did put the entire tour threads set together, which will always stay in my PC, but it is something fun to do. Good luck if you decide to bust.
isnt it impossible to tell if a case is sealed. and not re sealed.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
mdh

i've opened a few boxes of the 2001, and was just thinking about the 2003 that BO has on the weekend specials. Was just curious about the product.
mdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

My rack pack case arrived today from BOC. Besides Tigers, anything else I should be looking for?

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:44 AM   #13 (permalink)

Default more then tigers

you should be looking at your prev. packs before you rip them.... if you see tiger showing on the top of bottom you should be able to sell them for around 30 bucks....

also in the prev. packs gold or red numbered par. cards would be goood

for the tiger woods best pull from prev. pack would be card number 21.. i think i busted about three cases and got only 1...

good luck let us know how you do..
bostonwhaler16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

You should get 2 shirt cards out of the preview packs. They fall 1 in 48 packs. If you get any really good Tiger's let me know, he is the cornerstone of my collection. Also, if you pull any of the red parallels out of the preview packs let me know. Have fun and good luck.
Tonic3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bearfield

in 01, UD messed up and put more jersey cards in retail. typical.