Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #2501 (permalink)

Breathing on his own but being given oxygen at a local hospital, serious condition, no further commentary for the night, and they hope to give another update.
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #2502 (permalink)

this is crazy. damn man..
Old 09-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #2503 (permalink)

My thoughts and prayers go out to the King.
spud1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #2504 (permalink)

Anyone with twitter? JR and Mick foley are tweeting about it from what I hear. Can anyone post the tweets please?
joltedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #2505 (permalink)

Anyone else notice when Ziggler was punching Lawler in the neck (I know it's fake lol) Lawler looked sort of confused after it like he wasn't really knowing what was going on? Maybe I'm looking to deep but even in the match I was thinking "this is nothing like Lawlers performances".
Old 09-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #2506 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joltedman View Post
Anyone with twitter? JR and Mick foley are tweeting about it from what I hear. Can anyone post the tweets please?
This one from JR. Nothing much from Foley, but this one doesn't sound good.

I'm shaken by the news of my friend Jerry Lawler's medical emergency in Montreal. Hands shaking. Prayers for the King. I feel helpless.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #2507 (permalink)

Breathing on his own is an obvious good sign.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #2508 (permalink)

ty go jays

I wonder what cm punk and ziggler are going to be saying. I'd imagine they have to feel terrible.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #2509 (permalink)

Jerry is responsive to lights, awaiting CT scan. It's going to be impossible for them to have Cole be a heel announcer after tonight.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #2510 (permalink)

King is receiving a catscan and is responding to the light to the eyes test doctors perform. He's doing better but Cole keeps stressing how real it is.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #2511 (permalink)

Finally got to see what happened. All of a sudden you could hear what sounded like snoring, and then got to see Cole helping Lawler for a short moment before they quickly changed camera angles.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #2512 (permalink)

Lawler is stabilized, heart is beating on its own. Sounds like he'll make it through.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #2513 (permalink)

This is to no disrespect to Lawler, and glad to hear now that hes stabilizing and getting better it seems

but that last promo/confrontation from Punk/Cena got REALLY good when Cena dissed Punk in french. Slapping the mic out of Punks hand was great too. 2 of them have always done a decent job of generating that "i cant really stand you" during their promos and should make for a nice Main Event at NOC

that being said, i still think the payperview will be pretty bland.
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #2514 (permalink)

regarding Lawler..

all signs seem to be pointing to some form of heart attack.

PWInsider reports that Jerry Lawler flew to Montreal from working weekend independent wrestling shows in Aruba so he did have a long day of travel before wrestling and working RAW.

A fan at ringside noted that it sounded like Lawler began snoring right before he collapsed. Before that, Lawler communicated with a ringside employee. Lawler grabbed his arm and turned blue as he fell, which could be signs of a heart attack. EMT's and WWE doctors tended to Lawler immediately. His shirt was ripped open so they could begin medical assistance. Lawler was rushed backstage via stretcher and then taken to a local hospital via ambulance.

After Lawler was taken away, the WWE ring crew quickly cleaned up at ringside as it appeared Lawler may have gotten sick before he collapsed.
Read more at More on What Happened with Jerry Lawler Collapsing at RAW, TMZ Posts Photo

and according to what was posted earlier..it IS TRUE there was serious consideration about canceling the rest of the show.

Backstage was mayhem with people being stressed, not knowing what was going on, several employees crying.

They ended up canceling the after show "dark match" and activities scheduled for Pat Patterson appreciation night.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:41 AM   #2515 (permalink)

For those asking for tweets from wrestlers on Jerry, here you are: Business Reacts To Jerry Lawler's Medical Condition, Backstage Update - WrestlingInc.com

Scary sight. As a 10 year old, I wanted Lawler dead; that's about the highest compliment I can give a heel worker. Sincerely hope he makes a complete recovery, the wrestling industry is better with him in it.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #2516 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
I wasnt trying to knock ROH or anything...like i said i actually like them to a point.

But the past months worth of matches or so ive been unimpressed with the Briscoes ringwork, and wasnt sure if it was due to the "lack of talent" in the ring with them or what...because the WGTT feud was pretty good, but we know how good they are in the ring.

I actually like some of ROH up and coming talent:

Sicilian Psychopath Tomaso Ciampa...Unbreakable Michael Elgin....Prodigy Mike Bennett

seems like they are running out of "faces" though...Rhino gets GORE chants, but hes with HOT, Davey Richards has disappeared and rumored to be in trouble, Eddie Edwards push has taking a sever nosedive...Mondo doesnt count, because i havent figured out wtf his "character" is suppose to be...

and they even just recently turned Lethal "edgier" for a title shot..so hes no longer the "clean babyface"
Oh no, I hear ya. Funny you mention Bennett and Ciampa, as Bennett is the John Cena of ROH (passable talent, handsome guy who in my mind could be a star in WWE) and I find Ciampa to be the least safe/most sloppy worker in ROH... Dude constantly misses spots.

They've also done an awful job of pushing Mondo, who is a very good talent but doomed to Hugh Morris training/jobbing tasks in my eyes, personally. I feel like Lethal is destined to be the next champion, but pitting him against Steen this soon seems like a WWE-esque rush-job... With how long story lines take to pan out in ROH, it seems weird that they're rushing this. Also bums me out as I doubt El Generico will return to dethrone his former partner at this point. Olé!
Old 09-11-2012, 02:44 AM   #2517 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
Oh no, I hear ya. Funny you mention Bennett and Ciampa, as Bennett is the John Cena of ROH (passable talent, handsome guy who in my mind could be a star in WWE) and I find Ciampa to be the least safe/most sloppy worker in ROH... Dude constantly misses spots.

They've also done an awful job of pushing Mondo, who is a very good talent but doomed to Hugh Morris training/jobbing tasks in my eyes, personally. I feel like Lethal is destined to be the next champion, but pitting him against Steen this soon seems like a WWE-esque rush-job... With how long story lines take to pan out in ROH, it seems weird that they're rushing this. Also bums me out as I doubt El Generico will return to dethrone his former partner at this point. Olé!
I think Ciampa is still very raw, i just like his "psycho" character.
As far as Bennett, i could see the comparisons...but hed be the "Anti" Cena...i recently read an interview where he feels extremely more comfortable and in his element as a heel.

I like Elgin a lot though..hes just a beast. Hes what Ryback can only hope to be.

ive liked Lethal since his Macho and Naitch TNA work,but i could see the complaint as hes just to genuinely nice. So while its good hes getting an edge to him, is it really going to be believable?

As far as Steen...maybe its because i just jumped into ROH earlier this year and didnt see all the backstory develop....i just cant getinto the story around him. Hes not that impressive in the ring either imo. I mean dont get me wrong, hes decent, and definitely above average and agile for a "bigger" wrestler...but I just havent seen much that says wow hes def champ material.

Its also good to see Rhino back. He might not be the most technical, but his physical style can be entertaining. And that Gore he put on Edwards through the table (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el-GkwiUADw)- at 1:30 mark- looked like he broke him legit in half. Just hope hes kicked whatever habit it was that got him let go from TNA.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #2518 (permalink)

and in further Lawler news...

it seems like it was WAAAAAYYYY more serious than originally thought. Heres a report from Bret harts brother, who had a friend in the backstage area:

Smith Hart, brother of WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart, says he was told by a friend backstage at Monday's Raw at Centre Bell in Montreal, Quebec, Canada that Jerry Lawler was "clinically dead" for twenty minutes before being revived by a defibrillator.

He wrote on Twitter, "According to my friend Jeremy Prophet who was backstage at RAW, Jerry was clinically dead for 20 min before being brought back by defibrilat."
Read more at Hart Family Member Says Jerry Lawler Was "Clinically Dead" For Twenty Minutes
Old 09-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #2519 (permalink)

Quote:
and in further Lawler news...

it seems like it was WAAAAAYYYY more serious than originally thought. Heres a report from Bret harts brother, who had a friend in the backstage area:

Smith Hart, brother of WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart, says he was told by a friend backstage at Monday's Raw at Centre Bell in Montreal, Quebec, Canada that Jerry Lawler was "clinically dead" for twenty minutes before being revived by a defibrillator.

He wrote on Twitter, "According to my friend Jeremy Prophet who was backstage at RAW, Jerry was clinically dead for 20 min before being brought back by defibrilat."
Read more at Hart Family Member Says Jerry Lawler Was "Clinically Dead" For Twenty Minutes
I think Smith likes to stretch the truth a bit... I'm not a medical mark, but what are the odds they'd continue frying a guy to get him to wake up after twenty minutes? I believe he could have been dead and brought back, but twenty minutes seems a little unlikely.

As for the ROH discussion, I'd book it where Steen beats Lethal in October and eliminates him from action for a few months, that way Lethal can return hardened. Steen is a GREAT big wrestler; he is a bigger guy than me yet he does some cruiserweight moves in-ring, so I'm alright with him holding the title, but I am in your boat, I don't buy his character. Pretty impressed with Elgin's strength too. They parade Ryback around with his strength yet he's not even the most impressive guy in the WWE; Antonio Cesaro's dead lift float-over suplexes are a sight to behold.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #2520 (permalink)

Hope Jerry makes a full recovery. Was surreal to watch Raw during that.
Autographz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #2521 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
I think Smith likes to stretch the truth a bit... I'm not a medical mark, but what are the odds they'd continue frying a guy to get him to wake up after twenty minutes? I believe he could have been dead and brought back, but twenty minutes seems a little unlikely.

[/URL].
well, that might be true...but apparently hes not stretching it by that much, as its being reported now there is a legit concern over possible brain damage due to the length of time he went without oxygen. Tests results wont be available until the morning though.

In other news..i wont "spoil" anything for Smackdown...

but WWE should really start to listen to the fans when they crap all over the creative team and storylines...

what an absolute joke of a match and ensuing storyline that ensues on this weeks episode
Old 09-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #2522 (permalink)

Quote:
well, that might be true...but apparently hes not stretching it by that much, as its being reported now there is a legit concern over possible brain damage due to the length of time he went without oxygen. Tests results wont be available until the morning though.

In other news..i wont "spoil" anything for Smackdown...

but WWE should really start to listen to the fans when they crap all over the creative team and storylines...

what an absolute joke of a match and ensuing storyline that ensues on this weeks episode
Glad I didn't go tonight! Doesn't sound like it was too great a show .

I usually only go to RAW events anyways. There are so many events in town within a calendar year, I only go to the good ones
Old 09-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #2523 (permalink)

No brain damage to Lawler. He is so lucky that this happened at the show rather than back at the hotel room.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #2524 (permalink)

glad lawler is doing better,but
this has to be said
60 year old men should not be wrestling anymore

:Peyton:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #2525 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
glad lawler is doing better,but
this has to be said
60 year old men should not be wrestling anymore
As much as I'm inclined to agree, Punk and him tore it up in a cage match a few weeks ago. He's an adult. He can do whatever he wants. Some guys would rather die than stop doing what they love; that's his prerogative.