Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #2526 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoop View Post
as much as i'm inclined to agree, punk and him tore it up in a cage match a few weeks ago. He's an adult. He can do whatever he wants. Some guys would rather die than stop doing what they love; that's his prerogative.
but sometimes they do not know when to quit

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #2527 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
Again though, up to the person. My mom's a cancer survivor with 8% of a heart, but she still smokes even though I'd quit immediately if I were her, y'know what I mean? Some folks would rather do what they love and die than to stop and live a while longer.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #2528 (permalink)

Quote:
definitely good to hear about Lawler..i agree and disagree with your statement here though.

Your right that some dont know when to quit...Ric Flair is a prime example. People still popped for his crazy overselling and ridiculous rant style promos...but lets face it, the man obviously didnt keep himself in "great shape".

Hulk Hogan held on as long as he could..even after multiple back surgeries and still has a match once in a blue moon for TNA. But the man has kept himself in phenomenal shape, steroids or not. But its good to see him taking a backseat, at least wrestling wise.

Sting..wow, hard to believe hes been "wrestling" for 25 years. Hes about like Hogan though, keeps himself in great shape..wrestles the occasional match, but has taken a backseat for the younger guys.

Lawler..as above, keeps in tremendous shape. And most of his "matches" are kept relatively short.

Lawler's situation is kind of unique if you think about it.

on the 1 hand...he still wrestles and keeps in great shape, but got overstressed with little rest.

however..if he wasnt wrestling, i dont think hed be in as good of shape..and random "old age" heart attack...couldve been different story.
cdub6238 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #2529 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
Oh no, I hear ya. Funny you mention Bennett and Ciampa, as Bennett is the John Cena of ROH (passable talent, handsome guy who in my mind could be a star in WWE) and I find Ciampa to be the least safe/most sloppy worker in ROH... Dude constantly misses spots.

They've also done an awful job of pushing Mondo, who is a very good talent but doomed to Hugh Morris training/jobbing tasks in my eyes, personally. I feel like Lethal is destined to be the next champion, but pitting him against Steen this soon seems like a WWE-esque rush-job... With how long story lines take to pan out in ROH, it seems weird that they're rushing this. Also bums me out as I doubt El Generico will return to dethrone his former partner at this point. Olé!
Looks like they might be losing yet another young talent to TNA...

reports are TJ Perkins is set to have a try-out match before tonights IMPACT!.

I havent seen much of him from when ive been watching ROH (im not sure if hes been on tv or in any storylines the past 2 months or so), but hes actually wrestled for TNA before as PUMA.

Also..LOL at ROH bringing in Matt Hardy for this weekends show.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #2530 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
Looks like they might be losing yet another young talent to TNA...

reports are TJ Perkins is set to have a try-out match before tonights IMPACT!.

I havent seen much of him from when ive been watching ROH (im not sure if hes been on tv or in any storylines the past 2 months or so), but hes actually wrestled for TNA before as PUMA.

Also..LOL at ROH bringing in Matt Hardy for this weekends show.
Yeah, not a big deal with TJ... ROH squandered his talents. Rarely on TV this year despite being a top 5 talent over there. Good for him, though Kenny King has barely done jack since jumping ship. Different beasts, though; Kenny held gold, TJ was unused. Apples, oranges, etc. In TJ's instance, being a TNA jobber is a step up from not being on ROH at all, y'know?

I actually like the Matt Hardy deal for ROH. They clearly need more star power and like them or not (I do not), the Hardy Boys (z?) are stars that can actually draw a crowd. Good move, in my opinion. If he can put guys like Steen, Elgin and Lethal over, it will make the company look legitimate in the eyes of the marks who are flipping channels and happen to catch a match or two.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #2531 (permalink)

Not sure how to post touts, but Lawler sent one out just now.
Update: Jerry Lawler Posts Tout Following Recovery! | WrestleZone
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #2532 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
Yeah, not a big deal with TJ... ROH squandered his talents. Rarely on TV this year despite being a top 5 talent over there. Good for him, though Kenny King has barely done jack since jumping ship. Different beasts, though; Kenny held gold, TJ was unused. Apples, oranges, etc. In TJ's instance, being a TNA jobber is a step up from not being on ROH at all, y'know?

I actually like the Matt Hardy deal for ROH. They clearly need more star power and like them or not (I do not), the Hardy Boys (z?) are stars that can actually draw a crowd. Good move, in my opinion. If he can put guys like Steen, Elgin and Lethal over, it will make the company look legitimate in the eyes of the marks who are flipping channels and happen to catch a match or two.
Yeah im not necessarily hating on Hardy. Matter of fact, despite being a touch out of shape before debuting in TNA...he actually looked pretty good,when they used him that is. Then he went into a Jeff downward spiral. Hes supposedly clean and better now so guess well see.

As far as bringing him in...i understand WHY they are doing it....but just like when TNA does it, most recently Taryn Terrell (WWE Tiffany) to a crowd saying to themselves who??

It screams they need attention..which they do...just hope it works out better for them than it usually does for TNA.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #2533 (permalink)

Smackdown may suck, but the crowd is pretty good! Kinda pissed I missed it!

I'll catch the next RAW, though
Old 09-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #2534 (permalink)

Where's the battle royal preshow? Can't find it.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
Old 09-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #2535 (permalink)

Looks like Ryder won. Final card

WWE Title- Punk vs. Cena- Cena wins the title in his hometown

WHC Title- Sheamus vs. ADR- Sheamus wins, ADR beats him up postmatch, leading to

WHC Title- Dolph Ziggler cashing vs. Sheamus- Ziggler wins it, leading to

WHC Title- Dolph Ziggler vs. Randy Orton- Ziggler wins, Orton gets "hurt" to go film 12 Rounds 2

IC Title- Miz vs. Rhodes vs. Mysterio vs. Cara- Miz wins

Tag Title- Kofi/Truth vs. Bryan/Kane- Bryan and Kane win

Divas Title- Layla vs. Kaitlyn- Kaitlyn wins, title still gets no prestige or TV time

US Title- Cesaro vs. Ryder- Cesaro retains
Old 09-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #2536 (permalink)

Looks like Eve is just replacing Kaitlyn.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #2537 (permalink)

New tag champs.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #2538 (permalink)

Cenas submission move is such a joke

Old 09-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #2539 (permalink)

Super-Cena kicked out of GTS and Rock Bottom already.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #2540 (permalink)

Sure looked like a double-pin and they're going with it. Restart into a Rock Bottom from Cena to win it now?
Old 09-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #2541 (permalink)

Or a heel cheap shot with Heyman following Punk, even better.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #2542 (permalink)

im not the biggest Cena fan out there, but it wouldnt have been completely horrible if they went with the clean finish with his super backsuplex for the win

it gets Cena some creds and his 11th title win, and then he can drop it back to Punk at Hell in the Cell, setting up another 2 month reign for Punk heading into a match vs the Rock at Royal Rumble

a draw???????? meh, just not believable at all, even for sports entertainment, atleast have Cena give the ref the AA after the match while Punk smiles as he runs up the ramp with Heyman. Instead Cena is like "really??, oh golly gee shucks" before turning around and getting hit with the title

horrible ending, IMO
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #2543 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walteraz31 View Post
im not the biggest cena fan out there, but it wouldnt have been completely horrible if they went with the clean finish with his super backsuplex for the win

it gets cena some creds and his 11th title win, and then he can drop it back to punk at hell in the cell, setting up another 2 month reign for punk heading into a match vs the rock at royal rumble

a draw???????? Meh, just not believable at all, even for sports entertainment, atleast have cena give the ref the aa after the match while punk smiles as he runs up the ramp with heyman. Instead cena is like "really??, oh golly gee shucks" before turning around and getting hit with the title

horrible ending, imo
ypu forgot the fact that super sena could not get up after getting hit with the belt
but was able to kick out of every move

ITS LIKE GETTING KICKING OUT OF 8 TOMBSTONES AND CHOKE SLAMS AND THAN NOT KICKING OUT OF A SHOULDER BLOCK

Old 09-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #2544 (permalink)

Quote:
ypu forgot the fact that super sena could not get up after getting hit with the belt
but was able to kick out of every move

ITS LIKE GETTING KICKING OUT OF 8 TOMBSTONES AND CHOKE SLAMS AND THAN NOT KICKING OUT OF A SHOULDER BLOCK
main events of PPV's with several false finishes, and each guy kicking out of multiple finishers isnt anything new bub

in any event, WWE massively trying to setup Punk as a monster heel is starting to wear thin. I dont even know at what point this ends now. I can see WWE keeping the title on him now until Royal Rumble match with The Rock atleast

so we are talking a 400+ day run as champ for Punk. How much longer can they drag out this Punk-Cena feud before people get as tired of that as they did Cena-orton
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #2545 (permalink)

Save the main event, the PPV was pretty solid. Ziggler/Orton was fantastic, tag scene is now relevant, US Champ continues to get stronger, and the only interesting diva is holding the title. Fatal 4-Way for the IC title was pretty decent too. Would've liked to see Cody win the title, but it seems he might turn face, which will work well.

Good show. Obviously, that whole "Boston loves Cena" thing WWE hyped up didn't pan out (they booed him to hell), and the main event sucked, but overall, decent.

Hope JBL remains on commentary. He's the only person right to combat Cole post the Montreal Incident. Matthews won't turn heel, when (or if) Lawler comes back you know he'll be face, and Cole is face for the forseeable future, so JBL is the best option. Loved the Frank Gotch references!

Last edited by GoJays; 09-17-2012 at 01:28 AM.
GoJays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:09 AM   #2546 (permalink)

JBL was surprisingly great. I was shocked. Calling moves, adding analysis? Wow.

PPV had bad finishes but the wrestling itself was quite nice. Would have made more sense for Punk to go over with the help of Paul Heyman (why was he out there, save for the fact that it made me happy?), but I'm not hugely against the finish. They did it better in April or whenever it was with Punk/Bryan on the double schoolboy.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #2547 (permalink)

nice touch by cole to remind viewers and jbl how he hated MIZ when he debuted .. and jbl explained why he was rooting for miz now ..

MIZ showed why he's ... awesome .. blindfolded and wins !! awesome
will be a good feud w cody if wwe goes w that

hated the Draw finish .. couldnt they restart and have a winner? guess it'll be cena vs punk 11 at hell in a cell (it sure feels like the 11th time or so they've fought)

good news - seems Lawler is getting better and fast (tout video and tmz pics show him up and about already)

Last edited by ricksam; 09-17-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spelling and king update
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #2548 (permalink)

Face Cole, JBL, and JR on commentary. Pretty solid.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #2549 (permalink)

PTP are really bad, botched their moves and couldn't string together sentences in their promo.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #2550 (permalink)

If anyone's seen the HIAC commercial it's very different from anything I've seen for a promo in a while, not something you'd expect in the PG era. Worth checking out if it's on YouTube.