Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #2676 (permalink)

Was that a boring or Goldberg chant?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #2677 (permalink)

Really????
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 10-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #2678 (permalink)

a little nat moment

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #2679 (permalink)

ShellShocked coming from cage.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #2680 (permalink)

Really? indeed

not a fan of that finish, and the attempt to still have the fans go nuts for Ryback POST match with shell shocked felt forced

they should have rigged the top of it, so that they both fell through the cage somehow

it gets more heat for CM Punk, now where does Ryback go from here?? my guess is my earlier prediction that he fueds with the Big Show for the WHC, but then where does that leave Ziggler??

what the hell do they do with Ryback now?? who does he feud with??? answer is no one

WWE really dropped the ball, one of the worst Main Events in some time, probably not since the John Cena-Laurnintas match
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #2681 (permalink)

So what's next for that ref besides a (couple?) screwjobs, low blow and fast count against Ryback, getting slaughtered against the cage, and probably being a Heyman guy?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #2682 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
Really? indeed

not a fan of that finish, and the attempt to still have the fans go nuts for Ryback POST match with shell shocked felt forced

they should have rigged the top of it, so that they both fell through the cage somehow

it gets more heat for CM Punk, now where does Ryback go from here?? my guess is my earlier prediction that he fueds with the Big Show for the WHC, but then where does that leave Ziggler??

what the hell do they do with Ryback now?? who does he feud with??? answer is no one

WWE really dropped the ball, one of the worst Main Events in some time, probably not since the John Cena-Laurnintas match
Set him up to beat Kane at Survivor Series, Big Show at TLC. Win the Rumble, interfere and knock Punk out of the EC match, and face the Rock for the title at Wrestlemania.

Last edited by mnvikingstwins; 10-28-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #2683 (permalink)

I'm interested to see where this storyline will go. If it leads to a stable and a 5-on-5 SS match like I'm thinking it will, it could be very interesting. If it leads to Heyman, Punk, and the referee going around being #@#@#@#@-disturbers for a few weeks, this outcome will make no sense.

Overall a decent PPV. Kofi/Miz or Show/Sheamus was the match of the night. Tag team outcome was disappointing, I was hoping to see a clean victor. Divas match was one of the most boring matches I've ever seen and is proof this division needs to be dumped.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #2684 (permalink)

Referee, Heel turn (2012-Present)
Maddox was promoted to the main roster as a referee in August 2012. He officiated the Divas Championship No. 1 Contender's Battle Royal on the August 20, 2012 episode of Raw, which was won by Kaitlyn.[8] He was the referee for Sheamus and John Cena vs CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio where he missed Punk's foot on the bottom rope to give Sheamus and Cena the win on Raw September 17.
At Hell In A Cell 2012 on October 28, Maddox was the official for the CM Punk vs. Ryback WWE Championship Match. At the end of the match, as Ryback was going for his finisher, Maddox stepped in and told Ryback to not do it. Then he low-blowed Ryback and counted quickly to three and CM Punk was able to retain the WWE Title. After the match, Ryback destroyed Maddox by press slamming him from the ring into the cell structure - leading to a slow, and rather unpleasant death. Many of his WWE employers have mourned for his loss, most notably John Laurinaitis, as stated in a quote, "I just couldn't see it before it happened. You find one talent and it turns out that their body is weaker than molasses. Just ask Chad Patton or Charles Robinson, they know."

Old 10-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #2685 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I'm interested to see where this storyline will go. If it leads to a stable and a 5-on-5 SS match like I'm thinking it will, it could be very interesting. If it leads to Heyman, Punk, and the referee going around being #@#@#@#@-disturbers for a few weeks, this outcome will make no sense.

Overall a decent PPV. Kofi/Miz or Show/Sheamus was the match of the night. Tag team outcome was disappointing, I was hoping to see a clean victor. Divas match was one of the most boring matches I've ever seen and is proof this division needs to be dumped.
i havent seen an interesting Diva's storyline/fued since that Mickie James stalker feud with Trish Stratus many years ago

Im all for scrapping the division, but im assuming they would get way too much heat for it. I remember when there was a womens title match like maybe 2-3 times a year, and that was that

as for the PPV, id be super pissed if i spent $55 for that. Some of the matches were pretty good, but the storytelling in this entire PPV was embarassing

WWE is trying very hard to build CM Punk to be the most hated heel in history. I wouldnt even have him lose to The Rock at RR anymore......id say keep it on him, and either have him drop it to Taker, Lesnar, or Ryback at WM

As much as everyone would love to see CM Punk vs Austin, i just dont ever see Austin back in a ring, i dont think he wants to, hes content on making direct to video movies, and sitting at his ranch.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #2686 (permalink)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMFAO LOLOLOLOLOL

what a freakin disgrace of a PPV...WWE viewers should be demanding their money back ASAP

- opening Orton/Del Rio had a few botches and was underwhelming for the most part..minus a few counters

- Tag champ match was decent..but killed by the "no ending" ending

- Kofi/Miz was pretty good..besides the fact that Kofi no sold Miz' work on his knee to hit the inevitable TIP for the win. Kofi is athletic..but cant sell well and thereis no rhyme or reason in any of his moves or matches...not buying as I Champ

-Cesaro/Gabriel...absolutely no build whatsoever...ending came out of nowhere...nothing but a quick filler match

- Sheamus/Big Show was actually pretty good for 2 big men...until the joke "see it coming from a mile away" trade of finishers...honestly, if you didnt see the finishers coming and getting kicked out of coming...thats sad...its an interesting twist to have Show win..but the ending killed the match

- Diva match..at least it was quick and painless...and right before the ME..odd placing

- Ryback/Punk...good match..until the absolutely atrocious ending.

I know they wanted Punk to keep the title...and Ryback to still look strong. But your going to tell me THATS the best scenario you could come up with?

A freaking referee screwjob..with no rhyme or reason? Im sure its going to be explained on Raw...but out of all the "authority" figures in the back..and hell Vince McMahon in the back himself...couldnt have seen the blatant cheating and -restart the match?

do they think the fans are that stupid to believe that wouldnt happen for a second?
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:31 PM   #2687 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMFAO LOLOLOLOLOL

what a freakin disgrace of a PPV...WWE viewers should be demanding their money back ASAP

- opening Orton/Del Rio had a few botches and was underwhelming for the most part..minus a few counters

- Tag champ match was decent..but killed by the "no ending" ending

- Kofi/Miz was pretty good..besides the fact that Kofi no sold Miz' work on his knee to hit the inevitable TIP for the win. Kofi is athletic..but cant sell well and thereis no rhyme or reason in any of his moves or matches...not buying as I Champ

-Cesaro/Gabriel...absolutely no build whatsoever...ending came out of nowhere...nothing but a quick filler match

- Sheamus/Big Show was actually pretty good for 2 big men...until the joke "see it coming from a mile away" trade of finishers...honestly, if you didnt see the finishers coming and getting kicked out of coming...thats sad...its an interesting twist to have Show win..but the ending killed the match

- Diva match..at least it was quick and painless...and right before the ME..odd placing

- Ryback/Punk...good match..until the absolutely atrocious ending.

I know they wanted Punk to keep the title...and Ryback to still look strong. But your going to tell me THATS the best scenario you could come up with?

A freaking referee screwjob..with no rhyme or reason? Im sure its going to be explained on Raw...but out of all the "authority" figures in the back..and hell Vince McMahon in the back himself...couldnt have seen the blatant cheating and -restart the match?

do they think the fans are that stupid to believe that wouldnt happen for a second?
hahah thats a good point, its like those good ole days when the super heel stable would beat down the star face, and you know theres someone back there that can run-in and stop it..........yet magically no one is around

tonight they make it a point to show Vince there, AND JOHN CENA, and yet HOW THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUQ are they not even SHOWN during that last part of the show

and you want to know why?????????? because Vince is DESPERATE for people to watch RAW

this kind of crap would never have happened during WWE's peak run, because almost everyone would be tuning in to RAW regardless
Old 10-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #2688 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
hahah thats a good point, its like those good ole days when the super heel stable would beat down the star face, and you know theres someone back there that can run-in and stop it..........yet magically no one is around

tonight they make it a point to show Vince there, AND JOHN CENA, and yet HOW THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUQ are they not even SHOWN during that last part of the show

and you want to know why?????????? because Vince is DESPERATE for people to watch RAW

this kind of crap would never have happened during WWE's peak run, because almost everyone would be tuning in to RAW regardless
I agree...

im sure he knew ratings would decline somewhat due to MNF, which usually happens. But Vince is to proud to admit when something has failed (bodybuilding federationattempt, XFL, so on etc)..and lets faceit, this 3 hour RAW crap has been an utter failure and the decline in ratings proves it.

And im still sold that the only reason they decided to do it, and permanent...was due to TNA announcing Impact would be going live 2 hours every week for the foreseeable future. As much as he likes to play the 'they dont exist/arent on our radar"...hes full of crap.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #2689 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree...

im sure he knew ratings would decline somewhat due to MNF, which usually happens. But Vince is to proud to admit when something has failed (bodybuilding federationattempt, XFL, so on etc)..and lets faceit, this 3 hour RAW crap has been an utter failure and the decline in ratings proves it.

And im still sold that the only reason they decided to do it, and permanent...was due to TNA announcing Impact would be going live 2 hours every week for the foreseeable future. As much as he likes to play the 'they dont exist/arent on our radar"...hes full of crap.
The problem with 3 hour format, is that most fans of wrestling have short attention spans to begin with

another problem is that it continues to devalue PPV's.....making them even less special or memorable. PPV's, except for WM, are pretty much a carbon copy of a 3 hour RAW, minus the commercial breaks

The sets are the same, just different colors

Everyone up and arms that the secondary talent don't get TV time......well..........you know theres a, somewhat......REASON for that

theres a REASON why no one really cares about the Santinos Ryders Kofis Del Rios of the world ..........because they arent THAT good. They are what i call, super enhancement talent......But now WWE is forcing them down our throats because they are too lazy to really BUILD a guy, or BUILD a year long storyline

so now you have a 3 hour RAW, and wait, thats not enough, now theres a ANOTHER show called MAIN EVENT......

RAW should be 2 hours like it always was, save for the special RAWs for 3 hours....and should only feature your main 2 or 3 storylines, mixed with 1 or 2 "challenge" matches.....

it used to be RAW would open with a HUGE PROMO (generally with your main event guys/main storyline), bit of action/scenes in the back in the middle, and then end with your strongest storyline

Now, you just never know what to expect........and thats actually a BAD THING......Theres ZERO continuity, it changes week to week, and not in a good way
Old 10-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #2690 (permalink)

One more thing to comment before i sign off

the crowd tonight during that PPV was embarassing

zero pops, zero energy, completely dead during the Cesaro-Gabriel match that made it worse than it really was. Which was a shame

Felt like a crowd of 15,000 strong that paid good money to be there, but then acted like they would have rather been somewhere else the whole time

Also, to the guy desperately trying to start a Goldberg chant (thankfully no one was buying), you are a tremendous tool. You're not funny, you're not witty, you're like that fat kid in HS that tries to act cool and does something, but no one gives a rats asss

A crowd can sometimes make or break a PPV, and i can bring up Money In The Bank in Chicago last year, and its almost literally like night and day......the difference

Of course, that was the old WCW territory they were in tonight, so maybe not surprising

WWE really needs to stick with the major markets with all of their PPV's, like LA, Chicago, Miami, Boston, NYC, Dallas area
Old 10-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #2691 (permalink)

Atlanta is a major market. It hosted a WrestleMania in the past. The product sucks so people expect it to suck (sadly).
Old 10-29-2012, 01:28 AM   #2692 (permalink)

i dont think anyone cared about the cesaro/gabriel match because neither of those guys are over at all. gabriel was ruined when he started jobbing after nexus and cesaro is just boring. his fist pump thing is even just embarrassing to see him do it.

also, where the heck was ziggler tonight??? i kept waiting for him to jump behind show and zigzag him and cash in.
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:33 AM   #2693 (permalink)

by the way how do you have a hell in the cell ppv and only have one cage match?

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:44 AM   #2694 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
I wondered that myself. Show and Sheamus put on a decent match on their own, but I was excited to see what the two could do in the cell. That decision makes absolutely no sense.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #2695 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
1 maaaaybe 20 minute cage match at that...after you count the entrances and "formal" ring introductions. Add to that, the damn cage wasnt even used much.

I think the most it was used was in the after match segment, with all the climbing and on top.

my biggest problem with the PPV is it seems like creative just has no freakin clue whats going on or what to do with anybody.

ADR/Orton had buildup..but where do both men go now? Orton got his "revenge" and won cleanly...so why would there be a rematch

Tag title match/Sin Mysterio/ PTP...rendered the whole tag team tournament useless. Rhodes Scholars won the tournament..only to win at the PPV by a DQ beatdown. i guess thats enough to warrant a re-match...but then what was the purpose of the other tag match..and faces winning..are they getting a shot now instead of Rhodes Scholars? will there be a 3-way for the titles now? da fuq

Miz/Kingston...where do each go now? Miz lost the championship to Kofi, and just lost his rematch...where does he go now..another rematch? how much sense would that make...as for Kofi...theres really not a rash of heel wrestlers to feud with..Tensai? pass; Ziggler? ME material..pass; Swagger? has disappeared..Barrett? i guess...just not a lot to do there

Same for Xesaro and his US title...although there are even less credible "face" opponents for him...

Big Show/Sheamus..the ending of the match and this feud seems like its just being a re-hash of Big Show/Henry....both monsters just slugging it out to beat 1 another. I wouldve preferred to see maybe a double count-out after a double finisher/at same time type....Sheamus keeps title still looks strong, Big Show still looks strong like always. What does giving the beltto Big Show do..besides force at least 1 rematch. Who else for him to feud with? Clay..already been done; Ryback? i guess

Main Event?

it makes Punk look cowardly. I know hes a heel and is suppose to get heat...but he can do that by winning cleanly and his mic work. Not running around like a scared little bitch and paying off a ref (or whatever the reasoning will be) to lowblow for the win. What did it do for Ryback? not a damn thing...

he abused Punk the whole match..and a low blow is enough to take him out for a quick 3?

where does he go now..hes no longer undefeated...he likely wont get a rematch with Cena coming back healthy and a build up coming for Punk/Rock.

also as pointed out..no Cena/Ziggler except for the pre-show segment?

i know Cena is still "recovering", but what was Zigglers excuse...seeing how Vickie is in charge of sorts.

Just seems like 1 big cluster$%^& to sort out.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #2696 (permalink)

Quote:
he abused Punk the whole match..and a low blow is enough to take him out for a quick 3?
Was just going to mention that. The low blow should have led to a GTS for Punk to win. Can't have a guy look like a monster and then lose by a weak low blow.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #2697 (permalink)

low blows are painful - surprised ryback was able to walk .. let alone scale the cage - he shoulda been recouping for weeks (lol)

to those asking for a shellshock on the top of the cage and falling through - that would have killed someone
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #2698 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
low blows are painful - surprised ryback was able to walk .. let alone scale the cage - he shoulda been recouping for weeks (lol)

to those asking for a shellshock on the top of the cage and falling through - that would have killed someone
ok, maybe both going through would have never worked

but i remember Taker chokeslamming FOley through the top to the middle of the ring filled with thumbtacks

Foley was a crazy dumb mo fo though, hahha
Old 10-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #2699 (permalink)

WWE not happy with the crowd either:

F4Wonline.com is reporting WWE officials were unhappy with the Atlanta crowd's reactions or lack thereof. The feeling is the main event would have came off better on television if the crowd was more vocal.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #2700 (permalink)

WWE also removed all of their Goldberg signs, as they hilariously booked Ryback in the main event in Goldberg's home-****ing-town. Oh, the ineptitude...

That Foley spot through the top of the cage is one I refuse to watch these days. Loved it as a dumb mark but it makes me cringe now. Foley is way too smart of a guy to be taking such abuse, in my opinion.