Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #2876 (permalink)

the matches tonight, many of them were quite main event worthy

my one and only problem with The Shield, is that sooner or later we need to see a "big picture" scenario with them. Can't be just another Nexus or legacy that does this kind of stuff, then eventually they just go their separate ways into midcard obscurity for most part

on paper, it appears that Maddox is gonna be a member, and Punk/heyman the mastermind. But there needs to be more, like Lesnar in the group too

some super mega group like this, is what WWE has severely lacked in quite sometime. Some kind of power struggle for control of the company was teased by Heyman during Lesnar/HHH feud.

but odds are WWE has NO IDEA where they are going with this
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #2877 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
the matches tonight, many of them were quite main event worthy

my one and only problem with The Shield, is that sooner or later we need to see a "big picture" scenario with them. Can't be just another Nexus or legacy that does this kind of stuff, then eventually they just go their separate ways into midcard obscurity for most part

on paper, it appears that Maddox is gonna be a member, and Punk/heyman the mastermind. But there needs to be more, like Lesnar in the group too

some super mega group like this, is what WWE has severely lacked in quite sometime. Some kind of power struggle for control of the company was teased by Heyman during Lesnar/HHH feud.

but odds are WWE has NO IDEA where they are going with this
They'll probably just do Raw-Active polls to figure it out. Should Heyman challenge Vince for control of the company? #HeymanforPres or #NoChanceInHellHeyman
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #2878 (permalink)

Okay, this is not good at all.

CM Punk is requiring emergency knee surgery. Not sure how long he'll be out for, but this could kill the Punk/Taker plans for WrestleMania.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #2879 (permalink)

its prob a story just to get punk to keep title so he can face rock if he dont face ryback at ppv its gunna kill the storyline
kingofkings487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #2880 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings487 View Post
its prob a story just to get punk to keep title so he can face rock if he dont face ryback at ppv its gunna kill the storyline
I thought so too initially, but the fact they use Dr. James Andrews' name in the report has me thinking this could be a legitimate injury.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #2881 (permalink)

Update:

WWE.com has updated its previous report with regards to Punk's emergency knee surgery and is now reporting that Andrews has completed a scope of Punk's knee to repair torn cartilage.

There still has been no recovery timetable released, but the fact that Punk underwent a fairly routine, minimally-invasive surgery should bode well for his prospects of competing at Royal Rumble at the very least. With that said, the recovery time varies and it's possible that the WWE could be without Punk at TLC.

According to the Cleveland Clinic, it could take between one and two months to return to an active lifestyle following arthroscopic knee surgery, and Punk would obviously fall under that category. That makes it seem unlikely that he'll be ready for TLC, but Royal Rumble is very much in the discussion.

With that said, Punk can't yet be ruled out for TLC either.

More should come to light over the next few days, but the best course of action will likely be for Punk to rest until TLC and then reevaluate from there.
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #2882 (permalink)

CM Punk apparently had an unexpected knee surgery today, questionable for TLC. Spoiler: Punk vs. Ryback changed to Ryback/Kane/Bryan vs Shield Hopefully they add Barrett/Kofi/Cesaro/Truth in a TLC match for the unified titles. Also could have Hell No drop the belts and have some sort of triple threat ladder match. Maybe Del Rio vs. Sin Cara in a tables match as well.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 12-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #2883 (permalink)

I hope WWE handles this properly. If The Shield loses then it will completely discount all of them for a long, long time. It happened with Nexus, and it would happen again.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #2884 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I hope WWE handles this properly. If The Shield loses then it will completely discount all of them for a long, long time. It happened with Nexus, and it would happen again.
Although they can't keep letting Ryback lose. Hopefully it becomes an elimination tag match, that way Ryback could be DQ'ed and then Bryan can be the loser. Or it could end with Kane accidentally knocking out the ref, Maddox coming out, and Maddox pulling another low blow and quick count.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #2885 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Although they can't keep letting Ryback lose. Hopefully it becomes an elimination tag match, that way Ryback could be DQ'ed and then Bryan can be the loser. Or it could end with Kane accidentally knocking out the ref, Maddox coming out, and Maddox pulling another low blow and quick count.
The WWE can go a number of different directions with this situation. I just hope we don't get the typical face victory ending, with Ryback and Bryan winning the elimination match. The Shield needs to come out strong in their first match. I still think even if they squeak out a victory, it won't be good enough. They need to dominate. I like your DQ idea, though.

I have a theory: if the 6-man elimination match is the main event, The Shield will win. If it goes on earlier (meaning Cena/Ziggler would be main event), then I see Ryback/Hell No winning.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #2886 (permalink)

Quote:
The WWE can go a number of different directions with this situation. I just hope we don't get the typical face victory ending, with Ryback and Bryan winning the elimination match. The Shield needs to come out strong in their first match. I still think even if they squeak out a victory, it won't be good enough. They need to dominate. I like your DQ idea, though.

I have a theory: if the 6-man elimination match is the main event, The Shield will win. If it goes on earlier (meaning Cena/Ziggler would be main event), then I see Ryback/Hell No winning.
If Cena beats Ziggler for the case, no way that doesn't end the show, even if they had Punk/Taker/Rock/Austin for the title.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #2887 (permalink)

Is it just me, or did anyone notice The Miz kinda get flustered with CM Punk's promo at him, especially when he said Miz sucks, and Miz said something like "so does your mom", or something like that. It kinda looked like Miz was truthfully agitated by some of Punk's "realistic" barbs at him that maybe he wasn't expecting
Old 12-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #2888 (permalink)

Quote:
Is it just me, or did anyone notice The Miz kinda get flustered with CM Punk's promo at him, especially when he said Miz sucks, and Miz said something like "so does your mom", or something like that. It kinda looked like Miz was truthfully agitated by some of Punk's "realistic" barbs at him that maybe he wasn't expecting
I noticed some of that as well. Seemed like he was irritated that he couldn't get a decent reaction and that Punk used both parts of his real name, but he'd get canned for using Phil Brooks.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #2889 (permalink)

Quote:
I noticed some of that as well. Seemed like he was irritated that he couldn't get a decent reaction and that Punk used both parts of his real name, but he'd get canned for using Phil Brooks.
Though different characters (both aligned with Miz), both Alex Riley and Michael Cole have called The Miz "Mike" on numerous occasions. If I remember correctly, John Cena called him Mike as well.

If Miz really took offense to that part of the promo, he needs to do some research and suck it up. I was at the show where Punk called Triple H by his real name, Paul Levesque (and then used his real name). He calls The Rock "Dwayne" as well.

Not saying I'm a fan of Punk calling people by their real name, but it is what it is. Miz needs to pick his battles.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #2890 (permalink)

Quote:
Though different characters (both aligned with Miz), both Alex Riley and Michael Cole have called The Miz "Mike" on numerous occasions. If I remember correctly, John Cena called him Mike as well.

If Miz really took offense to that part of the promo, he needs to do some research and suck it up. I was at the show where Punk called Triple H by his real name, Paul Levesque (and then used his real name). He calls The Rock "Dwayne" as well.

Not saying I'm a fan of Punk calling people by their real name, but it is what it is. Miz needs to pick his battles.
He used Mr. Mizanin earlier in his promo as well.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #2891 (permalink)

Im probably in the minority, but I actually don't like the idea of having The Shield wrestle so soon at TLC. I understand the Punk injury messed things up, but could have lived with Cena/Ziggler ladder match main event, or even the sheamus/big show TLC match for main event.

They should build up their actual ring performances up more, but it is what it is.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #2892 (permalink)

Quote:
Im probably in the minority, but I actually don't like the idea of having The Shield wrestle so soon at TLC. I understand the Punk injury messed things up, but could have lived with Cena/Ziggler ladder match main event, or even the sheamus/big show TLC match for main event.

They should build up their actual ring performances up more, but it is what it is.
I'm with you on this one. The mystique goes away once we see them in the ring. Keep them as #@#@#@#@ disturbers, and not in-ring competitors.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:04 AM   #2893 (permalink)

WWE is going to botch this like Ryback picking up someone over 125lbs. The Shield should be a force. Problem is, Ryback should be a force, as well--as much as I hate him, the WWE clearly has a thing going with him and there's no reason to sabotage it, even though if it were an indie favorite with the same buzz, they'd squash him immediately in defiance of the fans (and millions of dollars).

I'd book it so Brock Lesnar shows up and distracts Ryback, aligning himself with Shield and thus revealing Paul Heyman to be behind it all. It's not ideal, but A) it sets up Ryback vs Lesnar at WrestleMania (or Plan B, Royal Rumble) if Triple H can refuse to hog the spotlight in "getting his revenge," B) It goes where the story has been going all along (just a few months sooner), and C) The Shield would look no worse for wear coming out of it, as it was all a part of their big plan.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #2894 (permalink)

Not surprising, but Rollins dropped the NXT title during the last set of tapings. Also, do they really have a group called the Family as if CM Punk's group wasn't enough of a copy?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #2895 (permalink)

Quote:
Not surprising, but Rollins dropped the NXT title during the last set of tapings. Also, do they really have a group called the Family as if CM Punk's group wasn't enough of a copy?
Yes, and other than Tyson Kidd he couldn't have dropped it to a better wrestler. Big E Langston is one of my favorite wrestlers in the WWE. Just a terrific wrestler IMO.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #2896 (permalink)

Even though it's clear that Ziggler retains, what would come out of Cena winning the MITB contract only good for the WHC match? Not like he'll switch to SD or they'll switch the titles.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #2897 (permalink)

I love seeing Vince back on tv, but I hate seeing him in comedic and unimportant roles. His sporadic appearances are boring and annoying IMO.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #2898 (permalink)

Tag team fatal four way elimination match? Sounds cool
Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #2899 (permalink)

R-Truth over Wade Barrett? Really?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #2900 (permalink)

Wait, this is to be a #1 contender to be in a #1 contender match?