Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #3101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwhois View Post
throwing in the prime time players at the end in between guys like orton, sheamus and cena was kind of surprising to me, even though we know their is no way in hell that titus or darren will win the rumble...

in all the years of the rumble .. that never happens
almost did something w santino .. but no big WTF moment of an underdog winning
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #3102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
in all the years of the rumble .. that never happens
almost did something w santino .. but no big WTF moment of an underdog winning
I think it would be kind of interesting to have a shocker type guy win once, just to throw it off, even if he doesn't make it to WM with the title shot(loses the shot somehow on raw or the next ppv).
robwhois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #3103 (permalink)

Whoever they decide to go with, that individual better go on to actually MAIN EVENT Wrestlemania

it cheapens the RR match, like last year, when Sheamus won it, and his title match vs Daniel Bryan kicked off the freaking show, not to mention was 19 seconds long
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #3104 (permalink)

i can see them having dolf win
if the rumble match iss before show/alberto match i can see see dolph cashing in
if not then after the chamber match
just so they can have some other #1 contenders match

oh i hope cena does not win

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #3105 (permalink)

i have to say, from the ESPN power rankings article, it kinda peaked my interest with his ideas

Lets face it, there aren't many "dream" matches out there. But the idea of Cena vs Undertaker match for WM (even though they had a real brief feud in 2003, when Taker was still a heel with his biker gimmick) is intriguing, especially if it leads Cena to turn heel

But the idea of CM Punk vs Lesnar sounds excellent, and would give Punk a real top tier legitimate feud without the WWE Championship

Though i still kinda hope for some type of super stable formed with Heyman, CM Punk, Lesnar, The Shield, with Brad Maddox playing the X-Pac role of it all
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #3106 (permalink)

I'd like to see Kane vs Undertaker for WM
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #3107 (permalink)

Given the recent booking, it wouldn't be surprising for Brad Maddox to come out at #30.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #3108 (permalink)

wwe recently offered brock lesnar a new deal and i'm hoping we see lesnar at the rumble kicking ass
persona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #3109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persona View Post
wwe recently offered brock lesnar a new deal and i'm hoping we see lesnar at the rumble kicking ass
really bad that they've done very little w brock ... him losing to cena and hhh was bad - well i think he lost, it's been so long i forget
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #3110 (permalink)

Quote:
really bad that they've done very little w brock ... him losing to cena and hhh was bad - well i think he lost, it's been so long i forget

the Cena one was more embarrassing with how much he destroyed him, but then again he WAS facing Super Cena
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #3111 (permalink)

Quote:
i agree! they can do so much with brock
i really hope we see brock at wrestlemania and far as rumble goes i think cena will end up winning and we'll see rock vs cena part 2
rock has a big blockbuster coming out around that time "pain & gain" so i assume wwe will be promoting it like crazy and he'll play a key role next few months
persona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #3112 (permalink)

Quote:
They've done little with him before he's only contracted for so many dates. He didn't lose to Hunter, he beat him with the Kimura.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:11 AM   #3113 (permalink)

anything special happen tonight ?

Old 01-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #3114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
anything special happen tonight ?
On smackdown?

Didn't even think about watching tonight. Haven't enjoyed SD since Henry and Christian were holding the belt.

Should be a good rumble, though. I'm looking for a good amount of surprise entries this year (although I thought the same thing last year, and all we got was Michael Cole). Hopefully Take will make his annual Rumble-season return, and I'm hoping Brock enters the match as well.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #3115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
On smackdown?

Didn't even think about watching tonight. Haven't enjoyed SD since Henry and Christian were holding the belt.

Should be a good rumble, though. I'm looking for a good amount of surprise entries this year (although I thought the same thing last year, and all we got was Michael Cole). Hopefully Take will make his annual Rumble-season return, and I'm hoping Brock enters the match as well.
I watched a little just flipping through, Punk called out Shield and stared them down but they didn't attack, Rock came out but I skipped ahead from there, ADR won a tag elimination match from Tag Team Teddy and then Show speared him, flipped the table, and counted to diez en espanol.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 01-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #3116 (permalink)

Shelton and Carlito are in the rumble
Old 01-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #3117 (permalink)

Predictions for tonight? My favorite PPV every year. Looks like WWE doesn't want to turn Ziggler, but it would be a good face turn to have him win the Rumble to face Show at WM who they build up by attacking legends. Have Dolph lose the match and Show taunts afterwards, Big E beats up Big Show, and Ziggler hits the Zig-Zag for the win.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #3118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Predictions for tonight? My favorite PPV every year. Looks like WWE doesn't want to turn Ziggler, but it would be a good face turn to have him win the Rumble to face Show at WM who they build up by attacking legends. Have Dolph lose the match and Show taunts afterwards, Big E beats up Big Show, and Ziggler hits the Zig-Zag for the win.
I'm also looking forward to tonight, but for different reasons.

The WWE has a couple of options tonight. I'm hoping Barrett wins the rumble. He's the only person I feel truly deserves it.

Cesaro and Bryan are good options as well, though.

Vince could really, REALLY screw himself over if he puts Cena over. There could be backlash for tonight's show unseen since the Chris Benoit murder. I wish I were joking too, but reading some of the Internet forums, this could be ugly.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #3119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I'm also looking forward to tonight, but for different reasons.

The WWE has a couple of options tonight. I'm hoping Barrett wins the rumble. He's the only person I feel truly deserves it.

Cesaro and Bryan are good options as well, though.

Vince could really, REALLY screw himself over if he puts Cena over. There could be backlash for tonight's show unseen since the Chris Benoit murder. I wish I were joking too, but reading some of the Internet forums, this could be ugly.

Care to explain??

Also, I don't think Cesaro and Bryan are in the rumble, as they both already have matches.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #3120 (permalink)

internet message boards blowing up because they hate Cena winning is not bad for WWE business. No one is giving up on the product becuase of it.
ldsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #3121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageScott View Post
Care to explain??

Also, I don't think Cesaro and Bryan are in the rumble, as they both already have matches.
It's not uncommon for people to have matches earlier in the show and still participate in the rumble, actually it's pretty common the last 5-6 years.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #3122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageScott View Post
Care to explain??

I'd bet money on Bryan being in the rumble, and I believe Cesaro will be in as well.

Bryan: no way Kane isn't in the rumble, and if he's in, certainly his tag-team partner would be in.

As for Cesaro, he's the anti-American heel everyone loves to hate. I have a feeling he'll be in.

As for my backlash prediction, I did overstate it. However, the response will be wildly negative and from many fans hostile with a Cena victory.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #3123 (permalink)

my out there pick is kahili wins
but i am going to go with dolph just to cause chaos

Old 01-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #3124 (permalink)

1 hour til preshow.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #3125 (permalink)

My gut is telling me Ziggler will win it and have TWO championship matches at WM winning one of them.