Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #3626 (permalink)

Just finished watching the hockey game. Based on the comments here, I'm going to assume it hasn't been a good show.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #3627 (permalink)

so tempted to change the channel to espn classics

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #3628 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Just finished watching the hockey game. Based on the comments here, I'm going to assume it hasn't been a good show.
Jays, you've probably watched WWF a lot long than I have, but this has to be the worst build up to a WM I've seen. To answer your question no, the promos have sucked, the matches have sucked. The story lines of WM 29 suck. Cena not at Raw, the Rock not at Raw, and we're 13 days out of WM 29 and until they said that I had no idea it was that soon. They need to pick it up or they will be losing a lot of fans.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #3629 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
Jays, you've probably watched WWF a lot long than I have, but this has to be the worst build up to a WM I've seen. To answer your question no, the promos have sucked, the matches have sucked. The story lines of WM 29 suck. Cena not at Raw, the Rock not at Raw, and we're 13 days out of WM 29 and until they said that I had no idea it was that soon. They need to pick it up or they will be losing a lot of fans.
I'll give credit where it is due. The IC title match, Lesnar/HHH match, and Henry/Ryback matches have me excited, and have been planned well.

That being said, three matches don't make up a four hour show. The WHC match has lost most of its momentum, probably becauase of the incredibly long layoff between EC and WM. The Undertaker and CM Punk have been billed as a lower-card match, with seemingly little to offer. Chris Jericho is stuck in a crappy feud with a bad NXT star, and most importantly the WWE Champion hasn't been on tv for two weeks.

Last year's three main events were all done very well. A terrific show, executed to near perfection (the main events, that is). WWE has taken a major step back this year, and is looking worse than in a long time.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #3630 (permalink)

wowowowowow lame ending from a less than stellar show i'd say.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #3631 (permalink)

the lack of one big super angle since the brief "Nexus" thing is just killing the product from an entertainment standpoint

how quickly The Shield, while still solid, went to pretty much midcard status now

Theres almost TOO much going on, everything is rushed and often coming from "left field" so to speak.

CM Punk punk opens the show with a 5 min promo gets chased off by 'Taker and you don't see him for the rest of the night?? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

no one can gives 2 SH*TS about the WWE title fued because both are faces. Stuff like that works last year, because it was fresh and "once in a lifetime", it happens again and everyone and their mom has said it would only work again if one of them was a heel. Instead, we get another face vs face match and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

they are desperately trying to sell this Cena having animosity towards Rock, yet at the end of the day its still all about the Hustle, Loyalty, Respect zzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by WalterAZ31; 03-26-2013 at 01:08 AM.
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #3632 (permalink)

Worst road to mania in recent memory.

The WWE has lost it. Nothing.....NOTHING is interesting about this PPV. Every single match is predictable for the first time I can remember.

Ill say it again, Dolph cashing in on Cena to close the show would be the only way to make the boring card alright.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:22 AM   #3633 (permalink)

that is officially the most boring segment involving 5+ hofers in the ring in WWF/WWE history
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:24 AM   #3634 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Worst road to mania in recent memory.

The WWE has lost it. Nothing.....NOTHING is interesting about this PPV. Every single match is predictable for the first time I can remember.

Ill say it again, Dolph cashing in on Cena to close the show would be the only way to make the boring card alright.

unfortunately I don't thing there is any possibility of that happening. Probably a bigger possibility of Del Rio winning and then losing the belt to Ziggler. They aren't going to hype up this 'Twice in a Lifetime' match with neither of them coming away holding the belt
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #3635 (permalink)

Highlight of the night, for me, was aj exiting the ring after dolph's match, thirty minute mark.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #3636 (permalink)

im actualy thinking of ordering wm this year. i hope it's good. on paper the matches seem to be realy good .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #3637 (permalink)

by the way anyone else excited about topps 2013 wwe ? design looks realy sharp
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #3638 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
the lack of one big super angle since the brief "Nexus" thing is just killing the product from an entertainment standpoint

how quickly The Shield, while still solid, went to pretty much midcard status now

Theres almost TOO much going on, everything is rushed and often coming from "left field" so to speak.

CM Punk punk opens the show with a 5 min promo gets chased off by 'Taker and you don't see him for the rest of the night?? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

no one can gives 2 SH*TS about the WWE title fued because both are faces. Stuff like that works last year, because it was fresh and "once in a lifetime", it happens again and everyone and their mom has said it would only work again if one of them was a heel. Instead, we get another face vs face match and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

they are desperately trying to sell this Cena having animosity towards Rock, yet at the end of the day its still all about the Hustle, Loyalty, Respect zzzzzzzzzzz
dont forget they bring mark henry back and turn big show face
or do we even care about goldberg clone vs henry

the only thing i got from last night
is cena probally will be turning heel

Old 03-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #3639 (permalink)

I was at the show last night. Cool seeing Dusty, Hitman and Mick Foley. The Rock is sooo good on the mic. Other than the brief appearances by the undertaker, I thought most of the show was a snore fest. During Miz's match the arena was chanting boring. I think the WWE suffers from not having more competition. The quality of talent is so lacking. I think 90% of the wrestlers wouldn't cut it 10-20 years ago.
EWG3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #3640 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWG3 View Post
I was at the show last night. Cool seeing Dusty, Hitman and Mick Foley. The Rock is sooo good on the mic. Other than the brief appearances by the undertaker, I thought most of the show was a snore fest. During Miz's match the arena was chanting boring. I think the WWE suffers from not having more competition. The quality of talent is so lacking. I think 90% of the wrestlers wouldn't cut it 10-20 years ago.
It's funny in a way because you would think no competition would mean all the talent would be stocked in the WWE. It just isn't happening. Mid card guys from the attitude era are so much better than most top level guys today it's just sad.

The rock is more Dwayne Johnson now than he is the Rock. Look at him 10-15 years ago on the mic and he would blow you away with how funny and commanding he was. The crowd was eating out of his hands each and every time. Now he comes off as a Cena type speech talker IMO, only with more credibility from the hardcore wrestling fans.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #3641 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
dont forget they bring mark henry back and turn big show face
or do we even care about goldberg clone vs henry

I like Ryback.

I thought that as well, seemed frustrated by the crowd half chanting Cena other half chanting Cena sucks.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #3642 (permalink)

The undercard is going to be awesome. Punk-Taker, Shield-RKO, Sheamus, & Show, Ryback-Henry. The crowd will be worn out when it's time for Lesnar-HHH and Rock-Cena part deux
Old 03-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #3643 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
I am pretty sure I've hear this for about the past 5 years... With his sales they will never turn him heel, because they can't do proper turns and stick with the loss in revenue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWG3 View Post
During Miz's match the arena was chanting boring. I think the WWE suffers from not having more competition. The quality of talent is so lacking. I think 90% of the wrestlers wouldn't cut it 10-20 years ago.
The issue is the lack of believable heels - with the break of kayfabe it's hard now to buy into a heel. They force people to be heels that won't be accepted - Jericho and Orton. Their best heel is Vikki, then Punk, and always Vince, but everyone is tired of seeing that feud. If they would just give Heyman a stable it would solve the problem....

oh and get rid of that ridiculous Bryan Danielson / Kane tag team and put the belts on PTP.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware

Last edited by Namttip; 03-27-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:24 AM   #3644 (permalink)

umm, Big Johnny is back?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:09 AM   #3645 (permalink)

Charlie Haas retired tonight after beating up Grizzly Redwood backstage at an ROH event and threatening to "beat the hepatitis" out of Nigel McGuinness. Really uncalled for. Good riddance.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #3646 (permalink)

Anything going to happen tonight ?
Is it even worth watching
i hope its not another wm rewind night....considering wm is a rewind ppv

Old 04-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #3647 (permalink)

oh John cena is such a bore......His promos are the same thing over and over
Old 04-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #3648 (permalink)

hahahaha that boring chant really pissed him off
Old 04-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #3649 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

So is this the beginning of a heel turn for Cena because he really sucked last week and is even worse this week.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #3650 (permalink)

Talk shows talk less than this crap