Blowout Cards Forums
Midweek Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #376 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
Henry was hurt and in no condition to wrestle, but they had to get the title off of him.
They must be setting up a Big Show heel turn then, otherwise could have had Henry win in a squash match, Big Show knocks him out and gets the chair on his leg and then DBD cashes. I thought before they've needed the champion to stand up to start the match before anyone can cash though.
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #377 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
And shocker (not really)

WWE goes for the predictable ending to tonight's RAW

sometimes i don't really understand, they run PPV's what it seems like every 3-4 weeks, and after tonight, this is how many new feuds/storylines were established.............

Kane vs Cena, but we already knew this

so Royal Rumble will have same matches it looks like, nothing changed
They've got about 6 weeks until RR. Plenty of time to build it up.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #378 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
They must be setting up a Big Show heel turn then, otherwise could have had Henry win in a squash match, Big Show knocks him out and gets the chair on his leg and then DBD cashes. I thought before they've needed the champion to stand up to start the match before anyone can cash though.
Bryan heel turn is what I'm hearing.

I remember 'Taker losing to a cash in without ever getting up (Edge cashed if memory serves).
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #379 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
Bryan heel turn is what I'm hearing.

I remember 'Taker losing to a cash in without ever getting up (Edge cashed if memory serves).
It'll be hard considering he has almost no personality and can't get a face reaction.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #380 (permalink)

Quote:
It'll be hard considering he has almost no personality and can't get a face reaction.
Exactly. No reaction means no job. If he can't get a reaction as a face, try heel. If no reaction there, then he will be a jobber or be out of a job. Not saying it's going to happen or anything, just that I heard a rumor they were going to turn him. I'd go with an anti-establishment route, the Indys are better "wrestlers", etc., and go full force with it (Punk played with it, but didn't really go all out in that direction). We'll see though, it would be a ton easier to turn Show heel and maybe Bryan gets a sympathy reaction. We'll just have to wait and see.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #381 (permalink)

I guess vincent Kennedy DID drop a big hint last night!

According to pretty much any wrestling website, the little notebook that fell on the ground in the "prophetless" video had the name "Chris" scratched out on it. It also quoted Y2J almost word for word when she said "I cannot help you anymore. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" Of course Do You Understand was the way jericho would end his speeches. The "I cannot help you anymore" also could refer to those "Save_us.Y2J" promo's of 2007. It could mean he can't save us anymore, which may mean he is returning as a heel.

After much thought and research, I've concluded its either Chris Jericho coming back, or STING DEBUTING TO END THE STREAK!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #382 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I guess vincent Kennedy DID drop a big hint last night!

According to pretty much any wrestling website, the little notebook that fell on the ground in the "prophetless" video had the name "Chris" scratched out on it. It also quoted Y2J almost word for word when she said "I cannot help you anymore. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" Of course Do You Understand was the way jericho would end his speeches. The "I cannot help you anymore" also could refer to those "Save_us.Y2J" promo's of 2007. It could mean he can't save us anymore, which may mean he is returning as a heel.

After much thought and research, I've concluded its either Chris Jericho coming back, or STING DEBUTING TO END THE STREAK!!!
I still think it's a stretch with the notebook, but I guess so. What does the little girl have to do with it though?
Old 12-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #383 (permalink)

I hope it's old sting, blonde hair and stinger splash! lol
sesmarine04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #384 (permalink)

Really makes no sense now, DBD and Big Show teamed in a tag match against Vickie's stable, and Henry's injuries were at least somewhat acknowledged.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #385 (permalink)

Shaq wants Big Show in a match at WM28
Old 12-23-2011, 12:56 AM   #386 (permalink)

I'm almost positive this is a prank by somebody, but with all the Internet crap the wwf has put out lately, who knows.

I was checking Skip Sheffield's Wikipedia page, and the letters to "it begins" have been bolted in. Now I wouldn't normally take this seriously, but Ryback did just post a message on twitter hinting he was returning, then removed it almost immediately after.

Who knows, maybe Ryback is actually the one behind the It Begins promos. THAT would be a shocker!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:24 AM   #387 (permalink)
Banned

With the exception of CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio, the Knockouts Division and Mexican America wrestling is pretty boring right now. Robert Rhoode as champion makes him look like the next HHH. Mickey James is the most exciting wrestler in TNA to me. Her and Gail Kim should be a great match.

Last edited by Evanfo; 12-23-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Evanfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #388 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm almost positive this is a prank by somebody, but with all the Internet crap the wwf has put out lately, who knows.

I was checking Skip Sheffield's Wikipedia page, and the letters to "it begins" have been bolted in. Now I wouldn't normally take this seriously, but Ryback did just post a message on twitter hinting he was returning, then removed it almost immediately after.

Who knows, maybe Ryback is actually the one behind the It Begins promos. THAT would be a shocker!
Maybe the reincarnation of Nexus is the thing behind the promos. They never did reveal the bigger purpose of Nexus, which maybe will lead to announcing the anonymous Raw GM... They can have Ryback lead, Otunga is the mouthpiece, Gabriel, Hennig, Husky, Ryan, and bring up another 2 people from NXT/FCW
Old 12-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #389 (permalink)

Ryback and another Nexus wont satisfy fans .. it'll be like how WCW and then WWE tried to squeeze one more run of the NWO

the buzz of Sting possibly to the WWE might be the only payoff for these promos that wont be a let down ... goldberg, lesnar, and maybe warrior are other choices but dont see how they fit the current promos
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #390 (permalink)

Guessing that if they want ratings, Cena gets the title back soon. Would be nice to se Dolph get the title though.

F4WOnline.com is reporting that WWE officials have been giving serious consideration to the idea of pulling the WWE Title from CM Punk due to what are being called "terrible ratings patterns" for his segments on Raw.

According to the report, the idea of pulling the title from Punk was discussed prior to the TLC PPV, however the decision was ultimately made to have him go over in his Triple Threat bout against The Miz and Alberto Del Rio.

It didn't help matters that Punk's Raw ratings continued to decline the night after the PPV, when his main event segment featuing a 6 man tag match between him, Zack Ryder & Daniel Bryan vs The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler only gained 59,000 viewers for the show's over run.

The Wrestling Observer report noted that the main event segment of Raw only drew a 2.67 cable rating, which is by far the lowest rated Raw main event of 2011 and possibly the lowest Raw main event rating since 1997 for a non-holiday show.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #391 (permalink)

They just need to give Punk his edge back.....and if Sheffield is the purpose of the Promo that will be a HUGE dissapointment.
ldsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #392 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsports View Post
They just need to give Punk his edge back.....and if Sheffield is the purpose of the Promo that will be a HUGE dissapointment.
Sheff returning as Ryback wouldn't be half as much of a disappointment as an undertaker return would be. Sure all of the "Lil Jimmys" would cheer and begin their 3 month period of worshipping him until he disappears, but the iwc would go insane at wwe's predictability. Sure Skip isn't our top choice for 1/2/12 (lets face it, it's Sting, right?) but I'd give massive creativity points to Vincent K. I mean, who would see a former Nexus member other than Barrett actually in a main event scene?

The ideal situations would be either Sting debuting (which, let's face it, won't happen) or a very cleverly planned and executed John Cena heel turn. Otherwise I see this being a regular return at best.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #393 (permalink)

The final cryptic video for January 2nd, 2012 will be airing on tonight's RAW Supershow in Chicago. F4Wonline.com is reporting that they are hearing tonight's video will make it clear who the vignettes are for.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #394 (permalink)

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE is tentatively planning a rematch between Triple H and The Undertaker at WrestleMania 28 in Miami, FL, and although it would be a rematch from last year it would technically be the third bout between the two superstars at WrestleMania.

Additionally, it's being reported that current plans call for WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels to referee the bout.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #395 (permalink)

Quote:
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE is tentatively planning a rematch between Triple H and The Undertaker at WrestleMania 28 in Miami, FL, and although it would be a rematch from last year it would technically be the third bout between the two superstars at WrestleMania.

Additionally, it's being reported that current plans call for WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels to referee the bout.
That would be sort of disappointing, but then again, I don't really know anyone else that should be in that match. I'd rather it be The Rock. Either way, I can't wait til April, payed a pretty penny for my tix.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #396 (permalink)

i know this isnt the forum for it, but if anyone is looking for non ringside floor seats or center risers sec 14 for wrestlemania right around face let me know.
ldsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #397 (permalink)

Lol. Just read a tweet from Jericho: "Sick of all the questions so this is it...from now on I'm not answering anymore wrestling related questions. I'm done w WWE. Deal with it"

I think this all but confirms the Ayatollah of Rock and/or Rolla is returning next week.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #398 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol. Just read a tweet from Jericho: "Sick of all the questions so this is it...from now on I'm not answering anymore wrestling related questions. I'm done w WWE. Deal with it"

I think this all but confirms the Ayatollah of Rock and/or Rolla is returning next week.
lol, or Sting
Old 12-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #399 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmarine04 View Post
lol, or Sting
Well it's OBVIOUS Sting will be debuting. Everyone is guessing who the second superstar will be Sting is the little boy, and we are guessing who the little girl will be
Old 12-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #400 (permalink)

Quote:
Well it's OBVIOUS Sting will be debuting. Everyone is guessing who the second superstar will be Sting is the little boy, and we are guessing who the little girl will be
I haven't been following Sting much, but what is the realistic chance he comes to the WWE?