Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #4051 (permalink)

Just because your dad was an extremely talented wrestler doesn't mean you will be. To me, Joe Hennig is a perfect example of that. He's generic, bland, and just doesn't have the look. I have no idea why so many people are jumping on his bandwagon. There's so many more people who should be getting the attention he's being given right now.
SlickNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #4052 (permalink)

yea not a big fan of "curtis axel" could have been alot better choices to the be the paul heyman guy......btw when is chrisitan coming back???
Old 05-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #4053 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamiheat6 View Post
yea not a big fan of "curtis axel" could have been alot better choices to the be the paul heyman guy......btw when is chrisitan coming back???
They apparently don't have a storyline for him, that's why he's been off so long. Word is he's been ready since the Royal Rumble.

As for Axel, I am a fan of his. Not so much as an individual, but in a stable. Back when he was in the Nexus, he looked very good.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #4054 (permalink)

now wyatt or harris or whatever u want to call him he may have made a better paul heyman guy
Old 05-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #4055 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamiheat6 View Post
now wyatt or harris or whatever u want to call him he may have made a better paul heyman guy
Well it depends how they play the Wyatt family...they have put together a bunch of 3 man stables but this one could either be broken up or used to demolish the shield.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #4056 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Well it depends how they play the Wyatt family...they have put together a bunch of 3 man stables but this one could either be broken up or used to demolish the shield.
They've gotta be coming as heels though, right? It is tough to see how they keep Shield, Wyatt, Ziggler's stable, and Heyman's stable as four heel groups going at once.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #4057 (permalink)
Banned

Why was rowdy Piper on storage wars tonight? I thought it was funny.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #4058 (permalink)

Axel will be the first "Heyman guy" to flop IMO.

He doesn't have the "IT" factor that Brock or Punk had. His finisher isn't anything special either. I love the perfect-plex as much as the next guy, but it's no F-5 or GTS.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:50 PM   #4059 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Axel will be the first "Heyman guy" to flop IMO.

He doesn't have the "IT" factor that Brock or Punk had. His finisher isn't anything special either. I love the perfect-plex as much as the next guy, but it's no F-5 or GTS.
If he's not successful after the next 2 months, hopefully they just feed him to Brock when he returns around Summerslam to be squashed/removed from roster.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 05-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #4060 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelopr20 View Post
Really?? The fact that you're placing Warrior and Hogan before Bret Hart is laughable.....
I never said Hogan or Warrior was better than Bret. Maybe you should try to READ next time? Oh, and explain to me how the 5'10, 230 pound guy kicking out of what's supposed to be an inescapable suplex isn't laughable, but the two roided up superheroes breaking out of it is. Seriously, explain that to me. The two monster superheroes SHOULD kick out of it. They're obviously much bigger and stronger, meaning kicking out is plausible. Bret kicking out of it makes no sense and completely kills the move because he's a smaller guy who isn't known for showing strength.

If you'd like, I can teach you more about wrestling psychology because it's pretty clear to me that you have absolutely zero idea.

Quote:
and yea hes main evented RAW two weeks in a row. It doesn't looks like hes being buried.
He got in NO OFFENSE on Hunter, the match was stopped because Hunter had his period on the floor. That's not being buried? You're right, he came out of that looking like a million dollars...oh wait, no he didn't.

Quote:
Oh wait you wanted him to beat the WWE CHAMPION in his second match after his return
Find the quote where I said that, please. Oh wait, you can't. Maybe next time you want to try something like this, you should actually have something to back up what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
I'm thinking they'll keep the Wyatt family away from the Shield. It would make sense given that both are heel stables.

Last edited by wakigatame; 05-29-2013 at 01:41 PM.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #4061 (permalink)

Bret Hart kicking out of the perfect plex is not "laughable". Bret Hart is not as small as you might think he is (6' 1" 240) also he was able to pick up guys like diesel, when he did his back breaker, which was a staple in his matches. I have seen many Bret Hart matches, and I have followed his career closely. Perfect should have been bigger than he was. He should of been WWF champ at some point just like Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) should of. Bret Hart kicked out of the perfect plex because it was very logical that he had the technique to get out of the hold. Which is ultimately what it was once perfect put your back on the mat. also keep in mind hennig's name was Mr. Perfect, that didn't mean he won every match. please don't hear what I am not saying, Curt Hennig was amazing and he deserves more respect than he gets I am just saying that there is some logic to Bret Hart kicking out of his perfect plex.
sjim8660 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #4062 (permalink)

If anything, it will be interesting to see how many creative ways they will come up with to keep Cutis Axel's undefeated streak alive.

so far...

1) Triple H (no contest)
2) Sin Cara (pin)
3) John Cena (count out)
4) Sin Cara (pin)
Old 05-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #4063 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
Bret Hart kicking out of the perfect plex is not "laughable". Bret Hart is not as small as you might think he is (6' 1" 240)
That was his billed height during an era where the WWF tried to make everyone seem bigger.

Quote:
also he was able to pick up guys like diesel, when he did his back breaker, which was a staple in his matches. I have seen many Bret Hart matches, and I have followed his career closely.
And I've watched Bret Hart my entire life. I've seen just about every televised match he's had.

Quote:
Perfect should have been bigger than he was. He should of been WWF champ at some point just like Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) should of.
Hall never wanted the belt because of the responsibility that came with it (gee, imagine a Kliq member not wanting to carry the load), but I agree that Hennig deserved more than he got.

Quote:
Bret Hart kicked out of the perfect plex because it was very logical that he had the technique to get out of the hold. Which is ultimately what it was once perfect put your back on the mat.
It still would have been better for him to counter it into a cradle to get over that he was a smart ring tactician.

We're not talking about Bret kicking out of it as a main event guy, though. That's fine when you're an established star. He kicked out of it when he was still a midcarder en route to the IC title in 1991, which kills the move off because when Perfect used it on a top tier guy after that, who's going to buy it as a finish?

Quote:
also keep in mind hennig's name was Mr. Perfect, that didn't mean he won every match. please don't hear what I am not saying, Curt Hennig was amazing and he deserves more respect than he gets I am just saying that there is some logic to Bret Hart kicking out of his perfect plex.
Again, I don't disagree with it after Bret became an established guy. My problem is that the move was killed off pretty soundly when a midcard guy kicked out of it because after that, who buys that it's going to beat a big star when an undercard guy kicked out of it?

It would be like (heaven help me for saying this) Sin Cara kicking out of the Attitude Adjustment. Who's going to buy that as Cena's move when it can't beat an undercard dude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
If anything, it will be interesting to see how many creative ways they will come up with to keep Cutis Axel's undefeated streak alive
Until the next time he gets in the ring with Hunter.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #4064 (permalink)

I just seen a match from 1997 (WCW) when Curt Hennig wrestled the Giant (Big show for those youngsters) and he literally gave him the perfect plex. Giant was way more athletic back them.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #4065 (permalink)

Quote:
I just seen a match from 1997 (WCW) when Curt Hennig wrestled the Giant (Big show for those youngsters) and he literally gave him the perfect plex. Giant was way more athletic back them.

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig Perfect-plexes the Big Show (WCW) - YouTube
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #4066 (permalink)

That was impressive
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #4067 (permalink)

Wasn't it already spoiled a while ago that Triple H's family comes out to force him to retire from his concussion?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #4068 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
NEEDS A BUMP

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #4069 (permalink)

Switched over to the Voice/Nashville Country Star. Anything interesting happen on Raw?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #4070 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
switched over to the voice/nashville country star. Anything interesting happen on raw?
look at the post before

Old 06-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #4071 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Switched over to the Voice/Nashville Country Star. Anything interesting happen on Raw?
Jericho/Heyman contract signing. That's about it.

Should be an interesting main event.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #4072 (permalink)

Who costs cena the match?
Hhh or goldberg clone ?

Old 06-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #4073 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
Who costs cena the match?
Hhh or goldberg clone ?
Goldberg clone.

Although Axel looked impressive. Shame he had to face SuperCena, otherwise he really would've shone.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #4074 (permalink)

Axel still undefeated.

A couple weekly matches with Sin Cara, and Cena w/Ryback interference, should keep the streak alive for awhile.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #4075 (permalink)

Axle will lose next week against HHH. At least I am hoping.