Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #4076 (permalink)

pretty sure i heard michael cole on on raw fumble and say "kurt-is angle ... axle"
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #4077 (permalink)

No spoilers- anything interesting happen yet? Switched over to Voice/websurfing, already missed the first 30 minutes.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #4078 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
No spoilers- anything interesting happen yet? Switched over to Voice/websurfing, already missed the first 30 minutes.
Vince, Steph and Trips sucking it up. Some pretty solid in ring matches, though. Bryan/Rollins right now.

Also, Wyatt family promo. Pretty great.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #4079 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Vince, Steph and Trips sucking it up. Some pretty solid in ring matches, though. Bryan/Rollins right now.

Also, Wyatt family promo. Pretty great.
Live, or another vig?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 06-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #4080 (permalink)

Seeing Vince/Steph/Trips brings back memories from the good old days. It's just too bad the storyline sucks IMO.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #4081 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Live, or another vig?
Just a vignette.

Agree with the post above. Unless this leads to Vince aligning himself with a stable, this storyline will just be another painful aging stars storyline. Oh well.

I missed the final 25 minutes. Was it just the Cena/Ryback confrontation? I'm assuming it was a typical pre-title match set up.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:21 AM   #4082 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Just a vignette.

Agree with the post above. Unless this leads to Vince aligning himself with a stable, this storyline will just be another painful aging stars storyline. Oh well.

I missed the final 25 minutes. Was it just the Cena/Ryback confrontation? I'm assuming it was a typical pre-title match set up.

it was lame, lumberjacks around the ring, Cena talking and yelling in ring, Ryback talking and grunting at the top of the stage. They finally get in the ring and then it takes ALL of the 30 WWE superstars to separate the two
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #4083 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
it was lame, lumberjacks around the ring, Cena talking and yelling in ring, Ryback talking and grunting at the top of the stage. They finally get in the ring and then it takes ALL of the 30 WWE superstars to separate the two
Agreed! Horrible ending for a go home show. The ending did nothing to get me excited for that match or PPV.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #4084 (permalink)

Decent Raw. The Bryan/Rollins match was probably my favorite of the night aside from the shirt that Kaitlyn was wearing!
***"Insert Funny Quote Here!"***
DwightWall122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #4085 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightWall122 View Post
Decent Raw. The Bryan/Rollins match was probably my favorite of the night aside from the shirt that Kaitlyn was wearing!
Cosign!!! I don't know what was better, the match or the shirt
cardtrader22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #4086 (permalink)

Cena/Ryback is getting old...
Old 06-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #4087 (permalink)

they need to give D. Bryan a belt for a long period of time. Maybe IC. He would be better than wade barrett. Bryans matches have been the best for a while.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #4088 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
Cena/Ryback is getting old...
I agree. I really want Bryan to win the belt and feud with Punk. Those two are pure magic in the ring together. They are both super over also. Every match would be electric IMO.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #4089 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightWall122 View Post

Old 06-13-2013, 02:11 AM   #4090 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
they need to give D. Bryan a belt for a long period of time. Maybe IC. He would be better than wade barrett. Bryans matches have been the best for a while.

unfortunately they're moving McGillicutty fast so I'm betting he wins the belt over Barrett
Old 06-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #4091 (permalink)

Quote:
If you don't like spoilers, stop reading now.

WWE agrees with you, as it appears Bryan will face Cena in the main event at Money In The Bank.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #4092 (permalink)

It makes sense Bryan is getting the "strap" they have all but broken up team hell no, which was horrible to start with. Bryan is doing some fresh and new things in the ring and thats what WWE needs. God knows TNA isn't doing crap by having the Dudleys dominate their storyline. Punk and Bryan rivalry could be the start of a new era. Either one of them is more than worthy to carry the company for the next 5 years plus. TNA needs to bring in some fresh talent and stop recycling the same rivalries.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #4093 (permalink)

i agree with Bryan holding a title and i also think the IC would fit him perfect....no pun intended
Old 06-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #4094 (permalink)

My opinion is that D.Bryan turns heel soon which splits Team.Hell No up n then hell end up facing Cena at Summerslam that's were he wins the title
Old 06-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #4095 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings487 View Post
My opinion is that D.Bryan turns heel soon which splits Team.Hell No up n then hell end up facing Cena at Summerslam that's were he wins the title
I think Bryan can still be effective without turning heel. If he doesn't turn heel it would work out better for a rivalry with Punk. Punk is returning from a break so he is ready to get back in the title hunt. Cena is getting old so he needs to step to the side and take the same role Randy Orton has, that being of someone who shows up and puts on a good show but won't hold any titles.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #4096 (permalink)

Quote:
I think Bryan can still be effective without turning heel. If he doesn't turn heel it would work out better for a rivalry with Punk. Punk is returning from a break so he is ready to get back in the title hunt. Cena is getting old so he needs to step to the side and take the same role Randy Orton has, that being of someone who shows up and puts on a good show but won't hold any titles.
Cena is nearly as bad as HHH. He'll never take a loss to anyone (save the other one or two megastars in the company).

I wish all vets were like Chris Jericho and Randy Orton. The good thing is WWE has a lot of great vets (Undertaker, Kane, Y2J, Orton, Christian, etc.) that are willing to put a guy over. Unfortunately, guys like Cena are so image-obsessed that they refuse to take a loss. Or maybe it's Vince. I don't know. Either way, something needs to change.

As for Bryan, I'd expect to see him as a face if (and when) he faces Cena. To the guy who suggested SummerSlam, so far as I know it'll be at MITB with both guys as faces.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:44 AM   #4097 (permalink)

Bryan is the most over babyface in the company, and it's awesome. Cena's too divided, while EVERYBODY is solidly behind Bryan; kids, marks, smarks. I love it, which means Vince will turn him heel so the crowd will cheer Cena over him because lord forbid anyone get cheered louder than idiot. Also, don't we have enough heels? How many over babyfaces are there these days? Not many. Sheamus isn't over, Kofi isn't over. Orton, but again, old hat. Jericho, old hat. Iron is hot, so strike with a babyface, title-holding Bryan.

Also, I read it's all a ploy to get Cena over. Him beating the Rock, him squashing Ryback in a tough-looking gimmick match, and then giving him a series of victories over Bryan in order to give him numerous "Match of the Year" nods is basically what they're trying to milk out of Bryan's recent surge. Once they've gotten their Cena program out of Bryan, he'll be tossed aside faster than Tyson Kidd/Evan Bourne/Sin Cara/any WWE-dubbed "spot-monkey" after Money in the Bank. To which I say, hasn't the past ten years been the "Year of Cena?" He headlined most PPVs last year over Punk, the champion. Titles are wasted on guys who have already had their time. Furthermore, "to get Cena over?" Honey, if it hasn't worked in ten years, you might want to give up.

Hey Cena, your time is up, Bryan's time is now.

Last edited by Zoop; 06-14-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #4098 (permalink)

WWE has an obsession with Cena but I don't know why. His time is up, no pun intended. I sure hope they don't push Bryan to the side, the crowds are louder for him than anyone else. I honestly believe they are pushing Cena just because they sell so much of his merchandise. Thats all, if the shirts stop selling than Cena fades away. Thats just the way it is.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #4099 (permalink)

The card actually looks really solid tomorrow. The gimmick for the PPV is sort of pathetic, but the card itself has a lot of potential.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #4100 (permalink)

I found a site that plays PPV's for free with decent quality. I usually only buy the big PPVs (Wrestlemania) and watch the others on that site, like all the TNA ppvs.