Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #4251 (permalink)

The one Wyatt family member that is super tall was the usher at the FCW shows I went to at the Ferncreek Armory in Orlando.

The other two worked matches and are good in the ring.

I think the vignettes are great and hopefully they can get some good mileage out of this team.

A few months back I sold on EBAY a FCW program with 54 color pages and one of the signatures was the tallest one.

I am hoping Lesnar makes an appearance tonight!
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #4252 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Was out at a softball game tonight. I take it the Wyatt's debuted? How was it and what happened?
They walked down the aisle with a lamp and while Husky rocked in his chair the other two barely beat up Kane before laying him on the steps with his head prone and took the v shaped side to "his face".. Husky got up and on his knees and they cut to commercial
-Leaf Originals Wrestling Blue upgrades for my set
Krayzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #4253 (permalink)

Loved the debut, was done perfectly IMO. Only part I was annoyed with was the live crowd chanting "husky Harris"
Old 07-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #4254 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtr View Post
Loved the debut, was done perfectly IMO. Only part I was annoyed with was the live crowd chanting "husky Harris"

I hate that crap too. The smart wrestling fan ruins it a lot of times. The 80's would have never been as good if the Internet existed.
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #4255 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayzie83 View Post
They walked down the aisle with a lamp and while Husky rocked in his chair the other two barely beat up Kane before laying him on the steps with his head prone and took the v shaped side to "his face".. Husky got up and on his knees and they cut to commercial
Thanks. Sounds like a solid debut, and sounds like how they worked in NXT.

Quote:
That's modern wrestling crowds for you. Everybody loves feeling like a smart-ass, and don't seem to care about ruining the moment.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #4256 (permalink)

Maddox should be great as GM. Glad they went there after the whole rogue ref and reality TV cameraman storylines.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #4257 (permalink)

Amen. With the delay, you'd think the "E" could/would've drowned that chant out. People who watch know who he is.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #4258 (permalink)

I also disliked the crowd and their harris chant. Thats why I just watch wrestling and i don't focus on what happens behind the scenes. Sometimes knowing too much can ruin the entertainment factor of it all.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #4259 (permalink)

Not sure where they are going with Kane/Wyatt, but the debut was pretty solid. That stair to the head was pointless though, that gap is bigger than Kane's head.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 07-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #4260 (permalink)

Kane will be perfect to work with. A vet who has no problem working and putting over young guys. The steps to the head was perfect! What did you expect two guys decapitating him? It was perfect! Can't wait to see where this goes.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #4261 (permalink)

Does anybody know if Luke Harper has any rookie cards available?

He was a very good friend of mine in grade school, we lost touch and I got an email this morning from a mutual friend saying "did you see so and so on Raw last night".

Would like to PC him if he has anything available.
jmarascojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #4262 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarascojr View Post
Does anybody know if Luke Harper has any rookie cards available?

He was a very good friend of mine in grade school, we lost touch and I got an email this morning from a mutual friend saying "did you see so and so on Raw last night".

Would like to PC him if he has anything available.
Is he goat mask or the other one?
Old 07-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #4263 (permalink)

He's the one with the beard...

Kinda funny cause a bunch of us from grade school get together around Thanksgiving every year and we always wonder what happened to JH.

Well, we couldn't find JH cause he's now Luke Harper...

We were pretty sure he was dead, so happy to see him alive and well, and on TV!!!
jmarascojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #4264 (permalink)

Well since wrestling like renaming talents that couldn't get over the first stint I am glad people chanted Husky... would be nice if Mason Ryan joined the shield...
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #4265 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayzie83 View Post
After all the waiting and hype that was the big debut?? Not impressed
I completely agree.

All of the vignettes....even the skits during RAW...even the opening of the "debut" (with the lights out before they appeared) were all better than the "beatdown" of Kane.

Quote:

Quote:
Kane will be perfect to work with. A vet who has no problem working and putting over young guys. The steps to the head was perfect! What did you expect two guys decapitating him? It was perfect! Can't wait to see where this goes.
People can have their own opinion right? Just as you can have yours.

IMO everything was perfect...until the actual "beatdown".

They really didnt do much to Kane except what..club him with forearms/elbows/punches? And then 1 tripped him from outside...throw into the stairs and an crappy, unbelievable stairs to the head...and it was over

the build was tremendous..the end was meh

I do agree with your assessment of Kane however.

It was reported that this was a lead in to a wrestling debut at SS vs Kane/UT...but apparantly its up in the air now as UT injured himself again last time he was on tv...

and that said..how would that even fit storywise...since it was the Shiel that "took out" UT
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #4266 (permalink)

WWE Reports That Kane Suffered Brain or Cervical Spine Trauma on Last Night's RAW

youve got to be kiddin me right?

So..every other wrestler that has taken that spot, hell even Ryback being AA through the roof of an ambulance, or both him and Cena going through the LED lightboard....have been perfectly fine; show up a little banged up on the next show, but fine...

But the MONSTER known as Kane....isnt? come on now

what is the deal with WWEs obsession over injury angles lately....HHH concussion, DBry stinger...and now Kane with spine/brain damage...
Old 07-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #4267 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
they are milking this wyatt family premiere. But I am looking forward to the punk/orton match.
LOVE the WYATTS!!! so cool..great music, great aura...

punk going clean over orton was awesome too!!!

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #4268 (permalink)

I thought the wyatt premiere wasn't perfect but it was their first appearance so I am willing to give them some time. I like the angle they are taking and I think it can be a hit. Punk needs to take the belt from Cena. Cena has begun to really lose momentum, hopefully they don't keep beating a dead horse.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:42 AM   #4269 (permalink)

Daniel Bryan wanting to get a push, but Vince is holding him back until Triple H makes the save. This GIF has to get used somehow.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:46 AM   #4270 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
WWE Reports That Kane Suffered Brain or Cervical Spine Trauma on Last Night's RAW

youve got to be kiddin me right?

So..every other wrestler that has taken that spot, hell even Ryback being AA through the roof of an ambulance, or both him and Cena going through the LED lightboard....have been perfectly fine; show up a little banged up on the next show, but fine...

But the MONSTER known as Kane....isnt? come on now

what is the deal with WWEs obsession over injury angles lately....HHH concussion, DBry stinger...and now Kane with spine/brain damage...
That was a workshoot. Started as a shoot and they worked it into an angle.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 AM   #4271 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Found this comment on a wrestling news site I frequent. I'm sure this won't happen, but it would be awesome.

Quote:
I have to admit I lost my breath initially when I read this headline, but then I thought about just how they're trying to package Bray Wyatt & Family.

I can see this being an incredible angle. Humor me for a moment. They air promos of the family in the hospital. They take Kane (w/out mask) and cart him out of the hospital. They throw him in an ambulance and steal it. They air promos over the next few weeks of bringing Kane to their backwoods home and treat him like a caged animal. In the process Kane develops stockholme syndrome (hostage sympathizes w/captor and becomes essentially brainwashed). They bring Kane back w/mask again and unleash hell on the WWE (via oldschool Kane ruthlessness/aggression). Kane essentially becomes Bray's evil pet.

If they go this type of route with Wyatt & Family turning wrestlers into brainwashed minions, this could be one of the best angles in a long time for WWE!
free2131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #4272 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
That was a workshoot. Started as a shoot and they worked it into an angle.
i understand that...and i understand it didnt really matter/last in the long run; but the point still stands. Ever since Zigs had his severe concussion, it seems like they make it a point to either point out injuries or work them into storylines...

ie HHH concussion angle....while DBry legitly had a stinger, nobody really could tell (maybe tell he was a little off, but no details) until they mentioned it...

And i realize Kane has to sell the "beatdown" and would have missed time..but potential brain trauma..really??

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
Found this comment on a wrestling news site I frequent. I'm sure this won't happen, but it would be awesome.
I read a similar comment somewhere as well, not in depth as that and didnt mention promos/skits....but just to the effect that the only reason they could think of for mentioning possible brain trauma is some sort of way to bring back the Mosnter; which i agree with...but still a little far fetched
Old 07-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #4273 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
i understand that...and i understand it didnt really matter/last in the long run; but the point still stands. Ever since Zigs had his severe concussion, it seems like they make it a point to either point out injuries or work them into storylines...

ie HHH concussion angle....while DBry legitly had a stinger, nobody really could tell (maybe tell he was a little off, but no details) until they mentioned it...

And i realize Kane has to sell the "beatdown" and would have missed time..but potential brain trauma..really??

I read a similar comment somewhere as well, not in depth as that and didnt mention promos/skits....but just to the effect that the only reason they could think of for mentioning possible brain trauma is some sort of way to bring back the Mosnter; which i agree with...but still a little far fetched
I knew right away, personally. You could tell how slow he was to work, if you couldn't tell with how terrible the bump looked itself. Thank goodness he wound up being okay, man that looked rough.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #4274 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
I feel like something like this will need to happen for the angle to work. Doesn't have to be with Kane, but it has to happen with somebody.

Although I have a feeling it'll be deemed to scary for PG TV .
Old 07-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #4275 (permalink)

attitude era part deux???