Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #4376 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
Not being rude...im telling the truth.

People who dont watch the product and have no idea whats going on and bash TNA, just because its TNA...or just because it isnt like WWE. They grasp at any headline and pile on. Oh they are releasing talent, they must be losing money and going under!

Gallows...as i said...was underrated. And it was a shame to see him let go due to some upper management misdealings (see Pritchard comment).

Most of the others they released have had little to no airtime anyways....Taeler Hendrix?? Sam Shaw?? Christian York?? Joey Ryan?? Crimson??

the only "notable" people that were released were Matt Morgan...who was very under used; it just seemed like he had no direction in TNA...but im sure he was being paid a goodamount and wasnt being used, for whatever reason.

Tara...she is still a great performer for her age..but had been relegated to more of a managerial role. And she was reportedly the highest paid KO on the roster...so if they have no plans to use her, why notcut ties and save the $$.

As far as Madison Rayne..she wasnt cut. She just had a child and her contract ran out. It was very amicable and she will probably be back soon.

and dont get it twisted...im not a TNA mark and think they are perfect..theres plenty of things theyve done wrong:

- the way the treated D Lo was pretty bad; he wasnt much of an on air talent to begin with..but he agreed to re-structure his contract as they asked him to..and was still let go.

- the X Division matches being forced into constant 3 man matches; Its ok every once in awhile..but every singlematch is reducing them o spot monkeys, which they worked hard to prove the opposite when they first started

- Why have TJ Perkins beaten down backstage and unmasked and known to be portraying Suicide...only to be re-named as Manik, but still using the same Suicide costume...when everyone already knows who it is?

- The de-push of Kenny King out of nowhere....Brooke Hogan/Garrett Bischoff need i say more?

i can go on...

i also watch and keep up with WWE and have positives and negatives about them as well.

I am always up for having a good conversation/share my opinion..such as when it was posed if anyone watched TNA thursday night.

IMO i think Bully Ray is the best heel inthe business and has been for the past6 months or so.

Who would you say is in your opinion?

CM Punk turned face after WM...Bray Wyatt? im a fan of his promos..but can he really be the best when he ust debuted on national tv 3 weeks ago? Del Rio..pfft...Henry? he had a great promo few weeks back on Raw..but now hes a face
I have watched TNA for a while and it is clear that they need to focus on the young talent, thats what WWE has done and thats why they have lasted so long. You have to groom your own talent. Look at Daniel Bryan, Orton, Brock and yes even Cena. WWE has always taken guys who were raw from around the country and other promotions and made them somebody. Its a formula that works, using guys who made a name somewhere else will only take you so far. Just think about all the guys TNA has that they didn't groom, Hardy, Angle, Sting, Dudleys and these guys are the face of the company right now.
sjim8660 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #4377 (permalink)

So, if Kane joins Wyatt Family, will he resume his Jacob Goodnight gimmick?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #4378 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
I have watched TNA for a while and it is clear that they need to focus on the young talent, thats what WWE has done and thats why they have lasted so long. You have to groom your own talent. Look at Daniel Bryan, Orton, Brock and yes even Cena. WWE has always taken guys who were raw from around the country and other promotions and made them somebody. Its a formula that works, using guys who made a name somewhere else will only take you so far. Just think about all the guys TNA has that they didn't groom, Hardy, Angle, Sting, Dudleys and these guys are the face of the company right now.
but you need the established names to help get the younger talent over
that being said
a lot their matches have been amazing of late

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #4379 (permalink)

i will admit the austin aries and chris saban match that was a cple weeks ago was pretty damn good
Old 07-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #4380 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
so..not trying tobe rude as i was pointed out as being before....

but you just said Daniel Bryan as a homegrown WWE talent??

the same Daniel Bryan...who was also known as Bryan Danielson and was a founding father of ROH and stayed there from 2002-2009???

are you kidding me?

and dont even try to argue it was WWE that "made him a star". He has gotten over largely due to the fact that he can flat out WRESTLE. WWE just brought him to the "mainstream" audience...as he was very well known on the indie scene.

CM Punk? yeah..same deal. Thats the reason everyone wasso excited to see him in WWECW...same deal..long time indy guy and even worked shortly for TNA BEFORE WWE...

how about the crop they have now?

Antonio Cesaro...also known as Claudio Castagnoli, 1 half of the Kings of Wrestling in Chikara and ROH for years with Chris Hero...wait..who is Chris Hero?? oh..thats right hes currently in NXT as Kassius Ohno...

Dean Ambrose...known from the indies as John Moxley; Seth Rollins...or do you mean Tyler Black from ROH?

even Evan Bourne spent 2 years in TNA and a few more in ROH as Matt Sydal...

how about the NXT development league?

Adrian Neville...or PAC from years in Dragon Gate USA
Xavier Woods...or Consequences Creed for 3 years in TNA
and my personal favorite and cant wait til he debuts..Sami Zayn, or OLE OLE OLE...El Generico..known worldwide

So dont act like WWE is strictly "growing" their own talent...they are simply the big company everyone wants to work for. The only reason most are in developmental is to adjust to "WWE style" wrestling, not because they need more experince.

With that said..WWE does deserve credit for signing these talents away and letting them shine on TV for the mainstream to see, who might not otherwise have heard/know of them.

Now..i understand what you were trying to say with your post..is they need to focus on younger talent. Which i agree with.

Crimson..couldve been a legit, home grown TNA talent...but unfortunately, he just didnt work out for some reason.

Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, James Storm, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels are all still there...Austin Aries left and came back, and is now getting his chance to finally shine...

i think Kenny King and TJ Perkins (Manik for whatever reason) were good steals from ROH...and well see where this Chris Sabin "push" goes...

-----EDIT----

just re-read what i qouted and i mis interpreted...you clearly said WWE has taken raw talent from indies/other promos and made them something.

While i still disagree with this statement...as i dont think people who compete for a decently known company for years (ROH) for years (D Bry..7 years; and others i mentioned) as being raw....or not being anything.

WWE just allows them to be known to a much wider audience now; maybe im just in the minority and know how good they are, since i follow plenty of wrestling and dont just focus on WWE/TNA
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #4381 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
but you need the established names to help get the younger talent over
that being said
a lot their matches have been amazing of late
i was also gonna mention this as well...but figured mypost was already long winded enough

sometimes when i get going, i dont know when to stop
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #4382 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
i was also gonna mention this as well...but figured mypost was already long winded enough

sometimes when i get going, i dont know when to stop
oh and lets no even bother comparing the women divisions

Old 07-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #4383 (permalink)

Brad Maddox should have gotten his entrance music, rather than just lights out and a jobber entrance.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 07-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #4384 (permalink)

Looks like Bryan's the new #1 babyface.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #4385 (permalink)

What a joke they are trying to make it sound like shemus bruise is from like 3 weeks ago

hello it was 8 days
but it still looks nasty

Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #4386 (permalink)

If you guys ever search around and watch youtube wrestling videos I found a good one last week that I forgot I had seen live 10 years ago... I totally forgot the cat did commentary (poor commentary) also. Your 2013 SS Main event.....

Daniel Bryan vs John Cena - WWE Velocity 08.02.2003 - YouTube
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #4387 (permalink)

What's with the new backstage interviewer?
Old 07-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #4388 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbreaker72 View Post
if you guys ever search around and watch youtube wrestling videos i found a good one last week that i forgot i had seen live 10 years ago... I totally forgot the cat did commentary (poor commentary) also. Your 2013 ss main event.....

daniel bryan vs john cena - wwe velocity 08.02.2003 - youtube
i miss the cat
he use to crack me up

Old 07-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #4389 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
i miss the cat
he use to crack me up
For sure, his promos were always funny.
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #4390 (permalink)

I hope Bryan runs a 5 person gauntlet. Bray still hasn't done anything yet, right?
Old 07-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #4391 (permalink)

Has anyone ever lost one of these gauntlet matches ?

Old 07-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #4392 (permalink)

lets toss him back into the ring only to closeline back out

Old 07-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #4393 (permalink)

So we accomplished finalizing Punk/Lesnar, ending the Ryback/Cena feud next week, bringing Kane (and hopefully Wyatt) back to TV to fight Bryan, Henry/Usos as a babyface group vs Shield at SS, Ziggler/E at SS, furthering the Rhodes/Sandow feud, and having all 3 McMahons trying to manipulate Maddox. All without Orton and Wyatt Family. That was a pretty good show.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #4394 (permalink)

Next week's Raw is supposed to be taped tonight, so we'll get a quick furthering to the storylines.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #4395 (permalink)

God, can't stand these wannabe smark crowds. So annoying during a surprisingly decent match between Ryback and Bryan, although the entire night was bad from them.

Pretty good night overall. Why is it Vince and HHH always feel the need to insert them into storylines that are perfectly fine on their own? Seems as though this'll be another conspiracy angle (remember that?). Oh well, if it means one (or both) get off TV for a while then I'm happy.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #4396 (permalink)

....Welp, so much for the return of the Big S
ctpatsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #4397 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Next week's Raw is supposed to be taped tonight, so we'll get a quick furthering to the storylines.
Tonight? Wow, this'll be a long night for D-Bry!

We all know how pre-taped shows can go, though .
Old 07-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #4398 (permalink)

I guess it's tomorrow, just skimmed the article earlier.

WWE will be doing a rare set of tapings for both Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smackdown this week, in preparation for the company's upcoming tours of Australia, China and South Africa.

Tomorrow night's episode of Raw will be live, as per usual, from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX. However, any fans attending the 7/29 Raw taping this Tuesday in Laredo, TX can send in live reports via the image at the bottom of this article. Likewise, we are seeking live reports from both Smackdown tapings, Wednesday and Thursday, from Corpus Christi, TX and Houston, TX respectively.

WWE will return to its usual live format for Monday Night Raw in Green Bay, WI on August 5th.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #4399 (permalink)

"The Wyatt family is gaining interest and momentum quickly. We better leave them off of the show."

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #4400 (permalink)

DBD also was in the dark main event. Time for an Iron-Man match with Ziggler at WM?