Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #426 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Just straight up garbage yesterday. Besides me marking out for CM Punk in Chicago.
wscws2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #427 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
I haven't been following Sting much, but what is the realistic chance he comes to the WWE?
No, there is no chance Sting comes to the WWE. Too many reasons to list them all, but suffice it to say that Sting has said he would never work for Vince, he can't wrestle a full schedule (nor does he want their travel schedule), and it makes no sense at all for him to come in and lose to 'Taker at Wrestlemania. Sure, Vince could give him a big payday to do it, and that might be enough, but I don't believe Sting is that kind of person. I think his career and legacy matters to him. Besides, it wouldn't be this year anyway, it would have to be the next (2013), and I'd say 'Taker will be officially retired by then. Could always bring him back for one more match, but that's basically what they did this year. So there are a lot of real stretches in logic and reality that would have to happen for Sting to come over.

Triple H/'Taker will happen at 'Mania again this year, and 'Taker has said the only way the streak ends is if it makes sense in the progression of a young talent, he wouldn't end it for someone on the downturn of their career or someone who has no future. Wade Barrett is the only one that comes to mind at the moment that would have a legit shot to end the streak.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #428 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I would say let Taker retire with the streak intact. No use in breaking it for anyone...might as well let him have that legacy.
wscws2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #429 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
No, there is no chance Sting comes to the WWE. Too many reasons to list them all, but suffice it to say that Sting has said he would never work for Vince, he can't wrestle a full schedule (nor does he want their travel schedule), and it makes no sense at all for him to come in and lose to 'Taker at Wrestlemania. Sure, Vince could give him a big payday to do it, and that might be enough, but I don't believe Sting is that kind of person. I think his career and legacy matters to him. Besides, it wouldn't be this year anyway, it would have to be the next (2013), and I'd say 'Taker will be officially retired by then. Could always bring him back for one more match, but that's basically what they did this year. So there are a lot of real stretches in logic and reality that would have to happen for Sting to come over.

Triple H/'Taker will happen at 'Mania again this year, and 'Taker has said the only way the streak ends is if it makes sense in the progression of a young talent, he wouldn't end it for someone on the downturn of their career or someone who has no future. Wade Barrett is the only one that comes to mind at the moment that would have a legit shot to end the streak.
I honestly feel Sting could come to WWE. Hell, he was considering coming last year, even when he was relevant with TNA. Now, he has a pointless role on TNA, and with both his and Takers careers winding down, now is the right time to come. I feel as well like WWE, if they were serious about reviving WCW for good, may have Sting win. Hell, in my opinion, Sting is twice the wrestler Taker is. Phenom vs Phenom. It sells itself, and Sting realizes it. I think we all know Taker will fight again, if not this Mania, then 29 in Toronto. And can Hunter Hearst Helmsley really keep their feud going for another year? No, and that opens the door for Sting.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #430 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I honestly feel Sting could come to WWE. Hell, he was considering coming last year, even when he was relevant with TNA. Now, he has a pointless role on TNA, and with both his and Takers careers winding down, now is the right time to come. I feel as well like WWE, if they were serious about reviving WCW for good, may have Sting win. Hell, in my opinion, Sting is twice the wrestler Taker is. Phenom vs Phenom. It sells itself, and Sting realizes it. I think we all know Taker will fight again, if not this Mania, then 29 in Toronto. And can Hunter Hearst Helmsley really keep their feud going for another year? No, and that opens the door for Sting.
Sting wasn't really considering it last year, that was simply for contract negotiations with TNA in order to get more money. Happens all the time, especially in the major sports. That was no different. His role right now is actually pretty good for him. Plenty of television time and he can wrestle when he wants. I'd say he's very relevant at the moment.

Meh, not really concerned with who the better wrestler is or was, I like both and both have their merits.

'Taker is fighting Triple H this year, it's already been decided and it's already on the books. Not sure where you heard it wouldn't be this year, but it is already done, in the books, and will happen.

Sure, Sting/'Taker would be a very cool match to witness and it would sell tickets, but would Sting really sign up for that? Payday is nice, but "pulling a Flair" would be a stain on the end of his career and I just don't think he's that kind of man. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #431 (permalink)

Quote:
Sting wasn't really considering it last year, that was simply for contract negotiations with TNA in order to get more money. Happens all the time, especially in the major sports. That was no different. His role right now is actually pretty good for him. Plenty of television time and he can wrestle when he wants. I'd say he's very relevant at the moment.

Meh, not really concerned with who the better wrestler is or was, I like both and both have their merits.

'Taker is fighting Triple H this year, it's already been decided and it's already on the books. Not sure where you heard it wouldn't be this year, but it is already done, in the books, and will happen.

Sure, Sting/'Taker would be a very cool match to witness and it would sell tickets, but would Sting really sign up for that? Payday is nice, but "pulling a Flair" would be a stain on the end of his career and I just don't think he's that kind of man. Maybe I'm wrong though.
I really think his TNA role is almost useless, and there aren't many people he can wrestle. Sure he gets a fair amount of air time, but how long will it be until he turns into a boring, overly predictable general manager like the ones were always seeing in Vince's house.

As for Taker vs Helmsley, it hasn't been confirmed yet. The plan is to have that match in April, but Taker still isn't confirmed as fit to compete. It is not guaranteed to happen yet.

I really don't think coming to wwe would tarnish his career, especially if WWE goes through with the WCW revival and if Sting ended the Streak (which I think he has a legit shot at). Would it be pulling a Flair? Yes and no. Flair had actually wrestled for Vince before he returned earlier this millennium, whereas Sting hadn't. And Sting isn't really betraying TNA by leaving. TNA is going downhill very quickly, and Sting would just be dead weight and an extra expense for TNA. It's been 5 years since he brought serious numbers to TNA.

I dont think it will ever happen. It would make so much sense, but like you said, Sting doesn't seem like the type of guy to take the money and run. Unless Vincent pulls an ECW and does something extreme (like allow Sting to end the streak), I think sting is staying put.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #432 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I really think his TNA role is almost useless, and there aren't many people he can wrestle. Sure he gets a fair amount of air time, but how long will it be until he turns into a boring, overly predictable general manager like the ones were always seeing in Vince's house.

As for Taker vs Helmsley, it hasn't been confirmed yet. The plan is to have that match in April, but Taker still isn't confirmed as fit to compete. It is not guaranteed to happen yet.

I really don't think coming to wwe would tarnish his career, especially if WWE goes through with the WCW revival and if Sting ended the Streak (which I think he has a legit shot at). Would it be pulling a Flair? Yes and no. Flair had actually wrestled for Vince before he returned earlier this millennium, whereas Sting hadn't. And Sting isn't really betraying TNA by leaving. TNA is going downhill very quickly, and Sting would just be dead weight and an extra expense for TNA. It's been 5 years since he brought serious numbers to TNA.

I dont think it will ever happen. It would make so much sense, but like you said, Sting doesn't seem like the type of guy to take the money and run. Unless Vincent pulls an ECW and does something extreme (like allow Sting to end the streak), I think sting is staying put.
Ok..ive been watching this thread and reading just for the laughs you guys bring at someof your theories...

but there is no way in hell that Sting EVER competes in the WWE.

As has been presented to you..why would he?

Hes making a prett good amount of money from TNA, he gets to work the schedule he wants, hes staying relevant by being on TV every week...and he has 1 thing that many wrestlers dont have nowadays...LOYALTY.

Its the same thing that kept him from signing a contract at the end of WCW. He chose to no "jump ship", and even when he did return to wrestling, it was with close friends (Luger, Jarrett overseas..and Jarrett in TNA). Hes now been in TYN for 8 years...do you really see him doing that NOW? 99.9% doubtful.

And what is this WCW revival crap? What revival?

They were only making a big deal about WCW at last years Wrestlemania because it was taking place in WCW territory (Atlanta).

How would they revive WCW?

Sting? sure...whoe else?
Nash? we saw how well that went over..
Big Show? maybe
Hogan/Flair? ha

everybody else is either old..dead..or havent been relevant for years.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:32 PM   #433 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
Ok..ive been watching this thread and reading just for the laughs you guys bring at someof your theories...

but there is no way in hell that Sting EVER competes in the WWE.

As has been presented to you..why would he?

Hes making a prett good amount of money from TNA, he gets to work the schedule he wants, hes staying relevant by being on TV every week...and he has 1 thing that many wrestlers dont have nowadays...LOYALTY.

Its the same thing that kept him from signing a contract at the end of WCW. He chose to no "jump ship", and even when he did return to wrestling, it was with close friends (Luger, Jarrett overseas..and Jarrett in TNA). Hes now been in TYN for 8 years...do you really see him doing that NOW? 99.9% doubtful.

And what is this WCW revival crap? What revival?

They were only making a big deal about WCW at last years Wrestlemania because it was taking place in WCW territory (Atlanta).

How would they revive WCW?

Sting? sure...whoe else?
Nash? we saw how well that went over..
Big Show? maybe
Hogan/Flair? ha

everybody else is either old..dead..or havent been relevant for years.
I'll admit this: you do have some very good points. Sting will more than likely never sign with Vincent Kennedy McMahon. All I'm saying is that there are more than a few strong reasons Sting should sign, and that it is a possibility.

As for WCW revival, the actual show (WCW Nitro) will more than likely not come back, but bringing back some of WCW's old novelty events, such as World War 3, and even having a WCW Pay-per-view, have been discussed.

And I think you are forgetting some of the other WCW stars who jumped ship and had serious success: Chris Jericho, Booker T, Rey Mysterio, the list goes on. I'd say all three of those guys have been relevant for many years.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #434 (permalink)

Apparently Orton took a fall down some stairs during the match against Barrett and is injured, WWE has been saying it on their twitter.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #435 (permalink)

Apparently Y2J will arrive in Memphis, Tenn, next Sunday (Jan.1) and is scheduled to leave on Jan.3 (Tuesday). I think this all but confirms the Ayatollah of Rock and/or Rolla will be returning next week.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:03 AM   #436 (permalink)

Jericho vs Taker at WM?
sesmarine04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #437 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmarine04 View Post
Jericho vs Taker at WM?
No chance. More likely to be Taker/Sting at Wrestlemania! It'll probably end up being Taker/Helmsley, if Taker can compete.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:16 PM   #438 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmarine04 View Post
Jericho vs Taker at WM?
Jericho/Punk is what is currently scheduled.

'Taker will face Triple H. The only 2 things in question is if HBK will be the referee and will Hunter put his career on the line. Both of those (HBK as ref and Hunter's career on the line) are rumored to happen, but aren't confirmed yet.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:30 AM   #439 (permalink)

I wonder how legitimate Orton's back injury is. Apparently they have plans either for him to return by Wrestlemania, or miss a few months after.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 12-29-2011, 02:17 AM   #440 (permalink)

Quote:
I wonder how legitimate Orton's back injury is. Apparently they have plans either for him to return by Wrestlemania, or miss a few months after.
I heard earlier today that he's out for about 6 months, for what that is worth.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:46 AM   #441 (permalink)

Quote:
I heard earlier today that he's out for about 6 months, for what that is worth.
Ouch. That'll hurt Smackdown BIG TIME. Hopefully wade Barrett'll take over as SmackDowns resident dominant badass, face or not face.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:49 AM   #442 (permalink)

Quote:
Ive got it. The ultimate "kiss my a$$" regarding the "it begins" promos. Randy Orton returns on Jan.2, after missing 2 house shows, to reclaim what is rightfully his: house shows, I guess!!! What a monster slap to the face that would be
Old 12-29-2011, 11:43 PM   #443 (permalink)

Quote:
Jericho/Punk is what is currently scheduled.

'Taker will face Triple H. The only 2 things in question is if HBK will be the referee and will Hunter put his career on the line. Both of those (HBK as ref and Hunter's career on the line) are rumored to happen, but aren't confirmed yet.
where do you get this info??? i need to see this in print before i believe any rumors about mania
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #444 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
where do you get this info??? i need to see this in print before i believe any rumors about mania
He must be getting them from rumor wrestling sites.
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #445 (permalink)

Wrestlezone seems to always report from other sites, but they had a few days ago about HBK being the ref. What other sites to people follow? Know of PWMania, but there are too many ads from there.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:49 PM   #446 (permalink)

I follow on prowrestling.com.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #447 (permalink)

Like here are some rumors going around for future story lines within WWE.

- The RAW Elimination Chamber match in February is scheduled to be for the WWE Title with CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, R-Truth, Kane and John Cena. The outcome of the match will be decided based on if they want John Cena vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 28 to be for the WWE Title.

- WWE Diva Layla will be pushed with the Divas Title when she returns, mostly because Beth Phoenix has had her run against Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres. Natalya is set for a Divas Title run some time next year.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:55 PM   #448 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengoblin782 View Post
Like here are some rumors going around for future story lines within WWE.

- The RAW Elimination Chamber match in February is scheduled to be for the WWE Title with CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, R-Truth, Kane and John Cena. The outcome of the match will be decided based on if they want John Cena vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 28 to be for the WWE Title.

- WWE Diva Layla will be pushed with the Divas Title when she returns, mostly because Beth Phoenix has had her run against Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres. Natalya is set for a Divas Title run some time next year.
I'm PRAYING that rumor about Elimination Chamber isn't true. Jack Swagger really does deserve a legit push at some point. He's one of the best wrestlers in the business, and his mic skills aren't really that bad. He's the perfect Vincent Kennedy McMahon type wrestler. Why this guy is stuck in the mid-card is beyond me. Hopefully he'll get a shot early next year.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:07 AM   #449 (permalink)

Anyone think Cena will FINALLY turn heel at Mania? There building it up more and more and now everyone is starting to notice the boos like in the segment this week and adding them in storylines. You saw the look in Cena's eyes, he looked sad but pissed.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #450 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullmaniac99 View Post
Anyone think Cena will FINALLY turn heel at Mania? There building it up more and more and now everyone is starting to notice the boos like in the segment this week and adding them in storylines. You saw the look in Cena's eyes, he looked sad but pissed.
If Cena doesn't turn heel after this I may just give up on the WWE. There is no suitable scenario after all of this that doesn't end in a heel turn. I think it'll happen much earlier than WrestleMania, however. I'm thinking probably around Elimination Chamber. I just don't see it working that well if it happens on April 1st.

Heck, it might even happen next Monday. Maybe a Cena heel turn will be the answer to the "it begins" promos.