Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #4601 (permalink)

That was the most pointless set of interviews.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #4602 (permalink)

Wow bryan going to have 3 matches in 15-20 minutes .... Geeeh something is going to happen

will we have another walk-off on raw

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #4603 (permalink)

Punt punt punt punt

Old 08-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #4604 (permalink)

Solid raw.. Every title is held by a heel right now..
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:36 AM   #4605 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
That AJ promo was the best thing in the history of the divas division IMO.

must not have been around during the Attitude era then
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:07 AM   #4606 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
must not have been around during the Attitude era then
I never missed a raw back then. I am strictly talking about a diva promo. I have never seen one that good... The attitude era girls were BRUTAL at them. Sure, they were half naked back and that's all fine and well. However, nothing was memorable besides the sex appeal they had IMO.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:11 AM   #4607 (permalink)

I wouldn't consider AJ to be a heel really. The other 7 are (insert word that would be filtered) here. None of them would really be that attractive compared to AJ, the Bellas are just smug as can be and would get their way from sleeping with Cena/Bryan, Brodus' two lack personality, Natalya hasn't really had a solid feud or anything yet, and not even sure who the other two are.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
Old 08-27-2013, 07:03 AM   #4608 (permalink)

I think it's finally safe to say... welcome back, WWE.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #4609 (permalink)

That AJ promo was, without question, the best promo I've ever seen from the Diva division, and one of the best promos from anybody in a long time. Just a shame the Bellas screeching and screaming and general annoying reaction practically ruined it. The director should have kept the camera on AJ and only gone to the others for reaction after AJ was done speaking.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #4610 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
I think it's finally safe to say... welcome back, WWE.
God dammit man, why'd you have to jinx it? Now Linda's gonna run for president the next 4 elections and RAW will get a "G" rating!

Anyways, I missed last night's RAW (went to the Jays game!). Did I miss anything good? Sounds like AJ had the greatest promo in the history of the world? Maybe a punt?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #4611 (permalink)

The AJ promo was good. I wish they would of given Daniel Bryan more time in his shield match. Instead of just 15 minutes to wrestle 3 people. and he didn't even get to finish all the matches. I did discover that Curtis axel cannot shoot a promo to save his life. I guess that is why they put him with Paul, so Paul can do all the talking. I think Punk is better than just a rivalry with Axel, but a lot of guys are hurt right now.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #4612 (permalink)

I know people have said it already, but they need to get Bryan and Punk in a program together...the promos and matches will be great.
cardtrader22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #4613 (permalink)

Wait just thought of something
why didn't the big show step in ?
I thought he has an iron clad contract

Old 08-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #4614 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
The AJ promo was good. I wish they would of given Daniel Bryan more time in his shield match. Instead of just 15 minutes to wrestle 3 people. and he didn't even get to finish all the matches. I did discover that Curtis axel cannot shoot a promo to save his life. I guess that is why they put him with Paul, so Paul can do all the talking. I think Punk is better than just a rivalry with Axel, but a lot of guys are hurt right now.
What happened with the final part of the gauntlet? I think I missed it, I looked up and the Shield was somehow all in the ring beating him up without getting DQed.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #4615 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
I never missed a raw back then. I am strictly talking about a diva promo. I have never seen one that good... The attitude era girls were BRUTAL at them. Sure, they were half naked back and that's all fine and well. However, nothing was memorable besides the sex appeal they had IMO.
actually a lot of them had even more wrestling skill than sex appeal. Trish, Lita, Ivory, Jacqueline, Molly Holly. Not even Natalya can compete with how good technically the girls were back then. But to each their own, we all have our own opinions on the best moments in a certain subject.

Last edited by duwal; 08-28-2013 at 06:08 PM.
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:12 AM   #4616 (permalink)

Smackdown was actually pretty good tonight. What the hell.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #4617 (permalink)

Quote:
actually a lot of them had even more wrestling skill than sex appeal. Trish, Lita, Ivory, Jacqueline, Molly Holly. Not even Natalya can compete with how good technically the girls were back then. But to each their own, we all have our own opinions on the best moments in a certain subject.
Well yeah, if you're talking about in the ring, Lita and Trish were the best IMO. Molly holly was good until they put her with hurricane. On the mic, they were all bad, I can't remember a single one of them even cutting a decent promo. I just remember that being the time the crowd was most dead and bored. I think it's pretty fair to say the girls from that era are thought of in more of a sex appeal way than the technical wrestling/Promo part. The mud wrestling and bikini contests and so on far outweighed the classic technical wrestling... for me at least..... lol

Last edited by BoxBreaker72; 08-31-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:39 AM   #4618 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmarine04 View Post
Smackdown was actually pretty good tonight. What the hell.
All thanks to the Game and the Legend Killer.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #4619 (permalink)

DiBiase Jr. left . Always thought he was incredibly underused. Shame he couldn't amount to much.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #4620 (permalink)

I just got back from the Washington DC WWE super show. I have noticed recently that the house shows have been better than the taped shows. Here was the card,

Dolph VS Big E (very good match)
Shield Tag champs VS Big show and RVD (also very good)
USO's VS Wyatt big guys
3 on 3 diva tag match with AJ and Kaitly opposite teams
dean ambrose VS R-truth ( I don't know why they put R-truth in this spot lol)
CM Punk VS Curtis axel NO DQ
Daniel Bryan VS Randy Orton (great match)
this is the second house show I have been to in the past 3 months, both were very good.
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #4621 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
Wait just thought of something
why didn't the big show step in ?
I thought he has an iron clad contract
This, this, this.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #4622 (permalink)
Banned

WWE has a few guys who are in a gray area right now in regards to coming over from other promotions. I can see them tie Matt Morgan in here somehow with DB and bring him right to the top rather then waste him as a stuttering monster again...wasn't Orton just feuding with the shield last month teamed with show and sheamus?
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #4623 (permalink)

the heel/face switches are too often nowadays ..
r-truth, miz, hhh (didnt heel brock lesnar break his arm .. twice), cm punk and jericho were feuding over who was best in the world, ziggler now a face was feuding w jericho, mark henry was all over cena, now mark henry and big show are faces against the shield

in all this the only one who still isnt going to switch to heel is cena and that is the one everyone wants
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #4624 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
the heel/face switches are too often nowadays ..
r-truth, miz, hhh (didnt heel brock lesnar break his arm .. twice), cm punk and jericho were feuding over who was best in the world, ziggler now a face was feuding w jericho, mark henry was all over cena, now mark henry and big show are faces against the shield

in all this the only one who still isnt going to switch to heel is cena and that is the one everyone wants
They try too much of the Attitude Era now with guys that aren't that... the beauty of DX, Stone Cold, and Rock was that was an extension of who they were. Now they force too much.

Best Heel is Jericho and CM Punk but they are getting to that stage where they are cheered everywhere - like a Flair later on...

The best thing they could do would be turn Cena "Corporation" style and screw Bryan over at WM to have Orton retain... but they don't have that much patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
WWE has a few guys who are in a gray area right now in regards to coming over from other promotions. I can see them tie Matt Morgan in here somehow with DB and bring him right to the top rather then waste him as a stuttering monster again...wasn't Orton just feuding with the shield last month teamed with show and sheamus?
Matt Morgan would be another Mike Awesome in the land of the giants at WWE. But there is a lot of that I don't care if the guy loses....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
I just got back from the Washington DC WWE super show. I have noticed recently that the house shows have been better than the taped shows. Here was the card,

Dolph VS Big E (very good match)
Shield Tag champs VS Big show and RVD (also very good)
USO's VS Wyatt big guys
3 on 3 diva tag match with AJ and Kaitly opposite teams
dean ambrose VS R-truth ( I don't know why they put R-truth in this spot lol)
CM Punk VS Curtis axel NO DQ
Daniel Bryan VS Randy Orton (great match)
this is the second house show I have been to in the past 3 months, both were very good.
It'll be interesting to see what they do with RVD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
DiBiase Jr. left . Always thought he was incredibly underused. Shame he couldn't amount to much.
The difference between him and Rhodes is incredible... DiBiase just seemed to go through the motions.

Quote:
I think Gail Kim is the best wrestler in this category today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardtrader22 View Post
I know people have said it already, but they need to get Bryan and Punk in a program together...the promos and matches will be great.
I think they should build this for two or three years... the problem with these two is that they don't have to put titles on them to draw, like they do with Del Rio or Orton....
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #4625 (permalink)

whos going to have a 3 on 1 vs the shield tonight ?