Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 01:55 AM   #451 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
where do you get this info??? i need to see this in print before i believe any rumors about mania
I use LordsOfPain. They are really good about their news being accurate.

Check their old news for that stuff (HBK and HHH), was about 2 weeks ago if memory serves.

Speaking of which, they've updated Orton and the whole thing is confusing. Seems the back injury is legit, but he wasn't really "hurt" in the match and it may only be a few weeks off (instead of months). Weirdness.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #452 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheDark View Post
I use LordsOfPain. They are really good about their news being accurate.

Check their old news for that stuff (HBK and HHH), was about 2 weeks ago if memory serves.

Speaking of which, they've updated Orton and the whole thing is confusing. Seems the back injury is legit, but he wasn't really "hurt" in the match and it may only be a few weeks off (instead of months). Weirdness.
i second this post. Very goodwith information, results. Even read some of the columns from time to time. They even have their own forum like this for wrestling related talk.

As far as news about Orton, I think it was just speculation at first. When it was first reported, they didnt cite any sources and said he "could miss up to 6 months and miss Wrestlemanie"..now reports on WWE.com have it verified as maybe a few weeks.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #453 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
If Cena doesn't turn heel after this I may just give up on the WWE. There is no suitable scenario after all of this that doesn't end in a heel turn. I think it'll happen much earlier than WrestleMania, however. I'm thinking probably around Elimination Chamber. I just don't see it working that well if it happens on April 1st.

Heck, it might even happen next Monday. Maybe a Cena heel turn will be the answer to the "it begins" promos.
Yeah maybe, but just imagine the heat he would get in the Rock's hometown turning heel and beating down the Rock with say a chair? Almost like what Austin did at WM 17 to the Rock
Old 12-30-2011, 10:07 PM   #454 (permalink)

How about some end of the year awards here.

Best opening to Raw

Worst opening to Raw

Best ending on Raw

Worst ending on Raw

Match of year Raw

PPV of year

Worst PPV of year

Title run of year

Worst champion of year

Worst push of year

Worst wrestler of year
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #455 (permalink)

Check out the Wrestlezone title for the SD results

WWE Smackdown Results (12/30) - Wade vs Barrett In A Year End Street Fight
Winner - Ezekiel Neilson
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 12-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #456 (permalink)

How about some end of the year awards here.

Best opening to Raw - Miz vs Rey Mysterio for WWE Title

Worst opening to Raw - Seriously? Rap off (Cole was great, but JR forgetting his lyrics was AWFUL!)

Best ending on Raw - Tough one, but CM Punk's epic promo

Worst ending on Raw - 6 man tag match last week in Philly

Match of year Raw - CM Punk vs Dolph Ziggler

PPV of year - hands down, MITB

Worst PPV of year - Extreme Rules. One of the worst in a while.

Title run of year - CM Punk's first run for only 1 hour, because of it's epicness!

Worst champion of year - Rey Mysterio. Remember that?

Worst push of year - John Cena. 3 titles is WAAAAYYY too many.

Worst wrestler of year - Botch Cara, Sin Botcha, Mistibotch. Whatever you call him, he was awful.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:28 PM   #457 (permalink)

Best opening for me was the 4 man show following the walkout with Punk commentating
Old 12-31-2011, 02:05 AM   #458 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Best opening for me was the 4 man show following the walkout with Punk commentating
He spilt my diet soda!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:05 AM   #459 (permalink)

Quote:
Check out the Wrestlezone title for the SD results

WWE Smackdown Results (12/30) - Wade vs Barrett In A Year End Street Fight
Winner - Ezekiel Neilson
my name......
Old 12-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #460 (permalink)

Any chance its Brock Lesnar on Monday? He honestly looked like he botched his fight last night and then "retired from the octagon".
sesmarine04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #461 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmarine04 View Post
Any chance its Brock Lesnar on Monday? He honestly looked like he botched his fight last night and then "retired from the octagon".
Did he even land a single punch last night? It had to be one of the worst fights in a while. Looked like he wasn't even trying. This must mean either:

A: he needed the money. Come on, this is Brock lesnar. Let's get real. If he needed money, he'd find a way to get it.

B: he just refused to actually "fight" so he could retire and jump ship. I don't think he'll be in Memphis on Monday, but I do think a return before WrestleMania to feud with the Undertaker (we all saw the confrontation, right?) with Lesnar actually ending the Streak.

Of course maybe he's telling the truth. Maybe he really is going to leave the public eye for a while.

But come on. This is "The Next Big Thing" we're talking about. He'll be back
Old 12-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #462 (permalink)

So maybe the commercials are just for Taker and he comes out then Brock Lesnar comes out to start the the feud during the Taker promo. It was really obvious that Lesnar wasn't trying to win that fight. If he comes to WWE it will be a huge hit to UFC and Dana White.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #463 (permalink)

Quote:
So maybe the commercials are just for Taker and he comes out then Brock Lesnar comes out to start the the feud during the Taker promo. It was really obvious that Lesnar wasn't trying to win that fight. If he comes to WWE it will be a huge hit to UFC and Dana White.
I don't think it'd be a hit to Dana or UFC at all. If Brock does jump ship it could lead to a good working relationship between Vincent K and Dana. It has been rumored that the two could work together, and with Dana allowing Brock to be in the WWE 12 game, if Brock does jump ship it might be a sign of good things to come.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #464 (permalink)

Brock is a greedy SOB, if he returned he would want to beat taker i bet and that would be stupid. He thinks he is above WWE so i dont think he would return unless it was part time, a BIG payday, and he wins almost every match. Just like Goldberg lmao
Old 12-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #465 (permalink)

IMO, what is stupid is having Undertaker in any more matches as well as the push that Kane is getting. Time for those two to ride off into the sunset and accept their place in the HOF.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:49 PM   #466 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
IMO, what is stupid is having Undertaker in any more matches as well as the push that Kane is getting. Time for those two to ride off into the sunset and accept their place in the HOF.
Kane is still physically fit to fight, and IMHO he has some unfinished business with many wrestlers. With the Undertaker it's different. I would've much preferred he retire after WM 26, but he didn't. At this point Vince is just trying to get one final match out of him to make it 20-0 at Mania. Undertaker is in no way physically fit to win a match, and IMHO his win against HHH looked god-awful. HHH was in much better shape, was CLEARLY the better fighter. We will be seeing another UnderTaker match no doubt, and we'll probably see another win, unless it's against Wade Barrett.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #467 (permalink)

Quote:
Kane is still physically fit to fight, and IMHO he has some unfinished business with many wrestlers. With the Undertaker it's different. I would've much preferred he retire after WM 26, but he didn't. At this point Vince is just trying to get one final match out of him to make it 20-0 at Mania. Undertaker is in no way physically fit to win a match, and IMHO his win against HHH looked god-awful. HHH was in much better shape, was CLEARLY the better fighter. We will be seeing another UnderTaker match no doubt, and we'll probably see another win, unless it's against Wade Barrett.
I really don't think Barrett has proven that he deserves a match with Undertaker, much less a win. Too much potential to fail in his career to be the one to end the streak with the pressure to succeed.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:58 PM   #468 (permalink)

Quote:
I really don't think Barrett has proven that he deserves a match with Undertaker, much less a win. Too much potential to fail in his career to be the one to end the streak with the pressure to succeed.
Ya Barret cant live up to Takers matches the past 5 or 6 years. Batista, Edge, HBK,HHH >>>>>> Barret
Old 12-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #469 (permalink)

I think Taker will prob face HHH again this year :/ than his last match has to be with Cena at WM 29 to retire.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #470 (permalink)

Quote:
If Barrett were to receive an actual legitimate push (nexus was a joke, let's face it) there'd be little possibility of failing, and Barrett could become the ultimate heel for the rest of his career if he were to win, something he does almost flawlessly. I agree with you that Barrett hasn't proven it yet, but Barretts involvement in a match with taker could skyrocket his career to a life-long main event status, similar to the way it did with Randy orton.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:03 PM   #471 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullmaniac99 View Post
I think Taker will prob face HHH again this year :/ than his last match has to be with Cena at WM 29 to retire.
No way they push it past 20-0. If he fights this year, it'll be his last
Old 12-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #472 (permalink)

Quote:
No way they push it past 20-0. If he fights this year, it'll be his last
Prob but I hate Cena but that would be a crazy match. If they didnt fight at mania it would always be a what if match like HBK vs Rock or Rock vs Taker
Old 01-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #473 (permalink)

Nashville, Tennessee, and Raw is in Memphis tonight

Old 01-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #474 (permalink)

Is that your pic? Sweet Beatles shirt.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #475 (permalink)

Quote:
Is that your pic? Sweet Beatles shirt.