Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 01:37 AM   #5176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblades_17 View Post
Does anyone dislike Brock Lesner. I can't stand the sight of him. Just something about him I cannot stand. He by far my most hated wrestler by a long distance. I have NEVER liked him...
brock reminds me of a big bully , if you look closely he looks like the kid from a christmas story , the one that ends up getting beat up by ralphie . the bully that once he gets hit he doesnt like it .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #5177 (permalink)

Well it looks like I will be spending $9.99 every month for the WWE Network.
dbackschamp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #5178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbackschamp2001 View Post
Well it looks like I will be spending $9.99 every month for the WWE Network.
same here. I can't wait. As a kid growing up I never got into WCW, was always a WWE guy so I'm really looking forward to watching the old WCW PPV's and Nitros. Starts Feb. 24th for all that are wondering.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:34 PM   #5179 (permalink)

this might be dumb question, but why is it only $9.99 a month?

how many subscribers are they expecting? So, ive been paying (not really), $500 plus for pay per views, and now I get them all for 1/4 the price???

huh?

seems to good to be true. So IMO, somethings going to change shortly down the road, either

A, they are going to do away with some of the lesser PPV's

B, that $9.99 a month is going to be $14.99 a month within a year

Another thing, unless I missed it, it doesn't look like they are going to re-air all the past RAW's, SMACKDOWN's in chronological order. Its more like, if you wanna see certain matches here and there, you can just view them like you can on YouTube
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:43 PM   #5180 (permalink)

Y! SPORTS

^ that's what I read so I'm figuring out things from that. I don't doubt that the 9.99 will jump up to 14.99 but it'd still be worth it at that price. To me it's the video on demand library that you choose from. Newer content like Raw and Smackdown will be made available after they are shown on TV

It seems like all the past PPV's are going to be available. Said 800k to 1 million subscribers to breakeven.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:10 AM   #5181 (permalink)

so it is really like a Netflix then? when they say streaming network? So its not exactly going to be high HD quality

also, doesn't look like they will have it where they will air all the old RAW's and SMACKDOWN's in chronological order from their 1st episodes

was really kinda hoping you can have it where say you wanted to start watching RAW and every PPV from like 1998 onward or something
Old 01-09-2014, 12:21 AM   #5182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
so it is really like a Netflix then? when they say streaming network? So its not exactly going to be high HD quality

also, doesn't look like they will have it where they will air all the old RAW's and SMACKDOWN's in chronological order from their 1st episodes

was really kinda hoping you can have it where say you wanted to start watching RAW and every PPV from like 1998 onward or something
to answer the question I'm not sure. That part is very vague from what I've been reading. This video sort of helped me.

CES: WWE Streaming Network to Launch in February (Video) - TheWrap

(video is on bottom) I would think most if not all of their video content of Smackdown and Raw would have to be on their and at least available to be searched upon. I mean to have thousands and thousands of hours of content they'd almost have to. I'm still researching it a bit but I know on Feb. 24th I'll be signing up.

Just read this: http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10035184.shtml

Seems that initially 1500 hours will be on the On-Demand Library which will include all the PPVs from ECW-WCW-WWF/E. Also replays of Raw and Smackdown but still can't find much in the difinitive stating all Raws and Smackdowns are available.

Last edited by hitman1116; 01-09-2014 at 12:28 AM.
hitman1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:28 AM   #5183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1116 View Post
to answer the question I'm not sure. That part is very vague from what I've been reading. This video sort of helped me.

CES: WWE Streaming Network to Launch in February (Video) - TheWrap

(video is on bottom) I would think most if not all of their video content of Smackdown and Raw would have to be on their and at least available to be searched upon. I mean to have thousands and thousands of hours of content they'd almost have to. I'm still researching it a bit but I know on Feb. 24th I'll be signing up.
the only thing I can think of why they wouldn't able to feasibly do it is the amount of time it would take to edit every single episode ever aired. All the commercial breaks throughout every single 1000+ episodes of RAW
Old 01-09-2014, 12:34 AM   #5184 (permalink)

Quote:
the only thing I can think of why they wouldn't able to feasibly do it is the amount of time it would take to edit every single episode ever aired. All the commercial breaks throughout every single 1000+ episodes of RAW
Yea but I would think they would already have that in the vault ready. I'd assume that the WWE has every video from their own people with no commercials built into it. I would think they wouldn't put them on their because it might not be possible to have all of that content available at the start up but maybe they could slowly add them.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:40 AM   #5185 (permalink)

im ok with that. Would take forever to watch everything anyway. Ill probably just go for the free trial just to see what really is available, and then go from there
Old 01-09-2014, 12:46 AM   #5186 (permalink)

Quote:
im ok with that. Would take forever to watch everything anyway. Ill probably just go for the free trial just to see what really is available, and then go from there
ok so I recommend this video. Start at like 5:45. To me what Michael says is "All of our In-Ring content". I'd assume that is Raw and Smackdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkPmDqb9SKM

just watched another video and the Chief Marketer says that past years of Raw and Smackdown will be available at the start. Don't know if that'll be all or how many years but it seems like it'll be on there

Last edited by hitman1116; 01-09-2014 at 12:51 AM.
hitman1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:45 AM   #5187 (permalink)

I'm hoping eventually they will have every episode of Heat.
dbackschamp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:15 AM   #5188 (permalink)

Quote:
this might be dumb question, but why is it only $9.99 a month?

how many subscribers are they expecting? So, ive been paying (not really), $500 plus for pay per views, and now I get them all for 1/4 the price???

huh?

seems to good to be true. So IMO, somethings going to change shortly down the road, either

A, they are going to do away with some of the lesser PPV's

B, that $9.99 a month is going to be $14.99 a month within a year

Another thing, unless I missed it, it doesn't look like they are going to re-air all the past RAW's, SMACKDOWN's in chronological order. Its more like, if you wanna see certain matches here and there, you can just view them like you can on YouTube

This is what I am thinking. Not including the big PPV's, each ppv gets around 150K buys. At $45 a piece, that is $6,750,000 per smaller PPV. Minus cable/satellite provider fees and such, and it's prob closer for five million dollars per smaller ppv (doesn't include ticket sales and such, just strictly ppv buys).

If the WWE can get one million subscribers to the WWE Network (which in my mind may be a low estimate), that will mean one million PPV viewers at $10 a piece. That works itself out to $10,000,000 per PPV, and WWE only pays the contract with the company hosting the stream. Add in the fact that WWE will still have PPV's available on cable/satellite providers for those who do not sign up for the WWE Network, and you could add in another million or two in revenue.

While the larger PPV's such as WrestleMania may not gross quite as much, the addition of revenue towards the smaller PPV event will more than make up for the difference.

Plus, other than the original programming, the WWE video library that will be available to subscribers is all ready owned by WWE, so there is no extra investment to them to add these to the Network.

Basically, this boils down to a more WWE centric universe, which adds extra value to the company itself, and opens the door to create more fans by essentially entering a new digital market (streaming). While we as fans will come out to be winners when it comes out to the WWE Network, I have no doubt in my mind that WWE will be even bigger winners in the long run...
Old 01-09-2014, 08:24 AM   #5189 (permalink)

I think this is a bargain and I will be signing up. I can't wait to see the old footage from the WCCW and NWA. I could watch that stuff all day.
EWG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #5190 (permalink)

I like the idea of on demand wrestling matches and PPV's, mainly older WCW stuff. One thing to watch for is in the future this will give them leverage over USA when it comes to putting raw on tv. If this network ends up being a huge success, we could see USA get cut out of the picture, unless they are willing to pay a premium. If the WWE gets 2-3 Million subs that's a huge chunk of money on a monthly basis they can basically fund themselves. Not saying its going to happen just saying look how big Netflix got and they didn't start with near the dedicated fans WWE has.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #5191 (permalink)

SO I just heard Kaitlyn is not under WWE contract anymore. Hopefully TNA brings her in. WWE didn't use her the way they should of. They chose to focus on reality tv for their divas division, it has become a joke. Its only a matter of time until they take the strap from AJ and give it to a Bella. Kaitlyn is young and still learning, I don't know what they chose to keep some of the no talent divas and let her go.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #5192 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
I like the idea of on demand wrestling matches and PPV's, mainly older WCW stuff. One thing to watch for is in the future this will give them leverage over USA when it comes to putting raw on tv. If this network ends up being a huge success, we could see USA get cut out of the picture, unless they are willing to pay a premium. If the WWE gets 2-3 Million subs that's a huge chunk of money on a monthly basis they can basically fund themselves. Not saying its going to happen just saying look how big Netflix got and they didn't start with near the dedicated fans WWE has.
Well this is been in the making since they did the WMII - I think this was Vince's idea all along.

Don't they have every catalog minus TNA and ROH? Wasn't it Cornette that had the majority of the tapes that Vince got for pennies on the dollar for this very reason. I think they besides the WCW stuff they have the mid south, Gagne's stuff, Mid South, the stuff in Texas... For some reason I recall everyone selling in the WCW fold because they thought it would be worthless later so they took the offers given to them. I thought it was OVW that was the last holdout when it was run by Cornette and once that was totally absorbed along with his collections.

Along the same line - didn't Batista (Leivathon), Cena (Prototype), Orton (don't remember him), and Lesnar come out of the development of OVW and Cornette? Pretty substantial amount of talent looking at the card today... Amazing that nothing has been developed minus Punk and some degree Danielson for that long by WWE.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #5193 (permalink)

It sucks that she's gone.I thought that when she was wrestling aj that those were the most interesting divas matches in a long time.I would never turn away from a tna knockouts match when they had a full roster.I thought those aj and kaitlyn matches were of the same quality.
dlouisb1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #5194 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlouisb1313 View Post
It sucks that she's gone.I thought that when she was wrestling aj that those were the most interesting divas matches in a long time.I would never turn away from a tna knockouts match when they had a full roster.I thought those aj and kaitlyn matches were of the same quality.
Probably be much better matches if both went - them with James and Kim would be some pretty stellar matches.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:56 PM   #5195 (permalink)

Any news on Mae Young? Last I heard she was off of life support...
Old 01-09-2014, 11:15 PM   #5196 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyster66 View Post
Any news on Mae Young? Last I heard she was off of life support...
Last I heard she is still alive. Google has her as having passed, but as far as I know she is alive.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:27 AM   #5197 (permalink)

Zach Ryder twitted rip Mae young. I assume she passed.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #5198 (permalink)

Last nights Impact was one of the best they have had in a while.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #5199 (permalink)

Mae is still alive. Reports last night proved false.

Wiki page will update if anything changes.

Mae Young - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #5200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblades_17 View Post
Zach Ryder twitted rip Mae young. I assume she passed.
is he still w wwe
ricksam is online now   Reply With Quote