Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #5276 (permalink)

So is Bryan in the rumble or no....?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #5277 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyster66 View Post
So is Bryan in the rumble or no....?
News, so far...

WWE Royal Rumble 2014: Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt Match Is Off?
sthoemke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #5278 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
In Cole's defense, Batista's return had been hyped for weeks and was the focal point of the prior segment.

Although after his butchering of Lesnar's return, it's very difficult to defend anything Michael Cole does.
I can see you point. But the return came at a "surprising moment".

Cole no sold it pretty bad. JR enhanced even the worst matches/moments, he should never have been taken off raw.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #5279 (permalink)

shouldNT they be called the old AGE OUTLAWS

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:10 PM   #5280 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
shouldNT they be called the old AGE OUTLAWS
lol, yeah, they are looking old.

I always thought Billy Gunn had WWF champion skills (In his prime). He was just buried during a super hot era.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #5281 (permalink)

Punk to win the rumble

Old 01-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #5282 (permalink)

Oh well, this should mean we get at least 45 minutes of Punk at the Rumble. No complaints here.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:27 PM   #5283 (permalink)

I always loved the Mae Young segments during the Attitude era.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:20 PM   #5284 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
If the match was off they would not of had him on tonight. Bryan must of been cleared earlier today. Or they are anticipating he will be cleared for RR. it looks like Bryan will not be wrestling tonight. I hope he wins the rumble still.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #5285 (permalink)

I hope only one or none of the follOwing main eventING wm
bryan cena orton

think about the last 6+ months of ppvs it have only been a combo of those three

time for a change !

Old 01-20-2014, 11:34 PM   #5286 (permalink)

horrible raw. almost every match was a rematch from a previous raw .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:38 PM   #5287 (permalink)

Orton getting into a car with a random stranger was way too stupid.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:38 AM   #5288 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
horrible raw. almost every match was a rematch from a previous raw .
yes, this was a big regression from last week's show.
After last week, I thought they were headed in the right direction, but it looks like it's back to the same old non-sense (15 min promo to start the show, Authority acting like faces in a heel role, etc).
I dont know who's writing the Authority story, but it's terrible. This story should have been killed after Survivor Series, when it was clear that it was going nowhere, but months later, they're still trying to make it work. How in the world are they supposed to build to a Triple H v CM Punk match at Mania, when HHH is kicking off Raw, standing in the middle of the ring smiling, berating Orton for beating up "a helpless old man", and giving fans the return of Batista? Triple H tries to sell himself as the ultimate heel, then for no reason, he's acting like super face. How do they logically build a CM Punk match from this?

And also, why is Cena running to the ring, to defend his father's honor, but he's fully decked out in brand new WWEShop gear? He should be foaming at the mouth to get his hands on Orton, but instead he's taking the time to put on his brand new t-shirt with matching wristbands and a Cenation towel carefully stuffed into his back pocket.
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:17 AM   #5289 (permalink)

Nothing is as bad as the Cole/King feud a few years back when they wrestled in three PPVs in a row including at WM.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:26 AM   #5290 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcn12586 View Post
nothing is as bad as the cole/king feud a few years back when they wrestled in three ppvs in a row including at wm.
they could always do a jbl/cole/king triple threat with booker t as guest ref

Old 01-21-2014, 02:24 AM   #5291 (permalink)

I sorta half expected Kofi to turn there. Considering the reports about him getting a complete character makeover

Thought the show overall sucked, but individual parts were decent. Such is pretty much every show these days. RAW just doesn't feel like one cohesive show, probably a byproduct of it being 3 hours these days

All the top guys get their segments, and then you don't see or hear from them for the rest of the telecast. Theres almost TOO much going on. I get they had to tease every "feud" heading into a major PPV. But its all just a jumbled mess IMO

poor Miz, Ziggler, Barrett, Cesaro, Swagger. Unless I missed it they were nowhere to be found tonight

imagine if Sheamus was healthy, where would he fit in. Mark Henry was relegated to "injury" status to make Lesnar look good

How long was CM Punk actually ON Raw tonight? 15 min? same for Daniel Bryan....about 10? even their number 1 drawing guy in Cena was on RAW tonight for like 5 minutes

Orton and Batista were the only 2 guys that were showcased onair in 2 different spots
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #5292 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieHustle View Post
yes, this was a big regression from last week's show.
After last week, I thought they were headed in the right direction, but it looks like it's back to the same old non-sense (15 min promo to start the show, Authority acting like faces in a heel role, etc).
I dont know who's writing the Authority story, but it's terrible. This story should have been killed after Survivor Series, when it was clear that it was going nowhere, but months later, they're still trying to make it work. How in the world are they supposed to build to a Triple H v CM Punk match at Mania, when HHH is kicking off Raw, standing in the middle of the ring smiling, berating Orton for beating up "a helpless old man", and giving fans the return of Batista? Triple H tries to sell himself as the ultimate heel, then for no reason, he's acting like super face. How do they logically build a CM Punk match from this?

And also, why is Cena running to the ring, to defend his father's honor, but he's fully decked out in brand new WWEShop gear? He should be foaming at the mouth to get his hands on Orton, but instead he's taking the time to put on his brand new t-shirt with matching wristbands and a Cenation towel carefully stuffed into his back pocket.

ha ha yeah your right . i think in the first hour there was maybe 13 minutes of actual wrestling . and if cena was so hell bent on getting revenge , why did he show up at the end of the show ? thats setting a bad example for children . being late for work is no joke .

its obvious that the wwe is so lost . they quickly changed up the bryan and wyatt relationship . they should have known from the start it was a stupid idea .
Old 01-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #5293 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
ha ha yeah your right . i think in the first hour there was maybe 13 minutes of actual wrestling . and if cena was so hell bent on getting revenge , why did he show up at the end of the show ? thats setting a bad example for children . being late for work is no joke .

its obvious that the wwe is so lost . they quickly changed up the bryan and wyatt relationship . they should have known from the start it was a stupid idea .
Regardless of whether or not the Bryan/Wyatt storyline was stupid, they could've let it run its course. I can understand why they did it, Bryan gains even more popularity (if he needed any more), but it feels like he'll be relegated to mid-card hell very soon.

I don't mind little wrestling from a go-home show. Fuel had to be added to the fire storyline-wise with a PPV less than a week away. As for Cena, I would rather he have not shown up period, could care less when he showed up, the fact that he showed up bugs me .

I'm disappointed with the buildup to the Rumble match. Last year's match had a decent buildup, although the result was poor at best. Wouldn't be surprised if the Rumble match opened up the show. Could lead to a confrontation between champion and challenger at the end of the show.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #5294 (permalink)

Who des everyone actually see winning the Royal Rumble?

At first I thought, "Batistas back, thus he's winning", but I don't really see him winning now and more so think Del Rio provides a distraction to eliminate him. Punk won't win due to HHH storyline, Only legit things I could see happen is:

Sheamus Return Win(Unlikely)

Ambrose vs Reigns at the end Reigns wins

Bryan unexpectedly enters at 30 and wins

I honestly can't see Batista winning, but instead being thrown into a match with ADR at EC.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:13 AM   #5295 (permalink)

batista has defenetly lost size , but still in decent shape . i cant see him winning either .
Old 01-22-2014, 12:41 AM   #5296 (permalink)

I can't see Batista winning it... I just can't.

Punk has always wanted to main event Mania.. I THINK this will be his year.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:55 AM   #5297 (permalink)

i don't normally post here but i do read alot of the post's so i figured ill finally add my thoughts.

I Honestly feel that Batista will win the Rumble. If its not him it will be someone unexpected to an extent my choices there are..

As already said a returning Sheamus, or Reigns.

If its Reigns i think he eliminates Punk once again proving he is the best of the shield therefore separating him from them.

I see Orton winning and then his lead up to WM will begin. Which i think we end up being with Batista in the end up you never know right

I also have been wondering does the Undertaker return? or does he return Monday? this is about the time he normally comes back if he is going to wrestle at Mania.

This also will be the first Mania in a while that only will have one Heavyweight Title match therefore freeing up 2 other top guys to put into matches.
Season Stats: 17 Catches for 144 Yards and 1 TD also 1 Rush for 37 Yards
cinnakaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:05 AM   #5298 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnakaok View Post
i don't normally post here but i do read alot of the post's so i figured ill finally add my thoughts.

I Honestly feel that Batista will win the Rumble. If its not him it will be someone unexpected to an extent my choices there are..

As already said a returning Sheamus, or Reigns.

If its Reigns i think he eliminates Punk once again proving he is the best of the shield therefore separating him from them.

I see Orton winning and then his lead up to WM will begin. Which i think we end up being with Batista in the end up you never know right

I also have been wondering does the Undertaker return? or does he return Monday? this is about the time he normally comes back if he is going to wrestle at Mania.

This also will be the first Mania in a while that only will have one Heavyweight Title match therefore freeing up 2 other top guys to put into matches.
Reigns is my second choice. He is going to be champ one day, just depends on when.

I can't see him working as a heel (After the shield break up), so perhaps he and Orton at Mania makes sense. I think the Shield break up during the rumble in old school fashion where they turn on each other during the rumble.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:08 AM   #5299 (permalink)

If daniel Bryan does not win the Rumble it will be the dumbest thing WWE has ever done. Bryan is by far getting the biggest fan push we have seen in literally years. He got the crowd going, last monday, louder than Batistas comeback. Its a no brainer, Bryan is the man right now. So giving the rumble to reigns or punk would be a mistake right now.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #5300 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
If daniel Bryan does not win the Rumble it will be the dumbest thing WWE has ever done. Bryan is by far getting the biggest fan push we have seen in literally years. He got the crowd going, last monday, louder than Batistas comeback. Its a no brainer, Bryan is the man right now. So giving the rumble to reigns or punk would be a mistake right now.
Daniel Bryan, John Center, and Randy Orton have fought so much the last 6 months or so. Having 2 of those 3 involved in the main event of Wrestlemania wouldn't be special. It would be cool if Bryan won the Rumble, but if he does then hopefully the title changes at EC. It would be awesome if there was a Punk vs Bryan main event at Wrestlemania.
dbackschamp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote