Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #526 (permalink)

Clearly that was done on purpose. Jericho as a face doesnt really work, he got little reaction last time he came back before he morphed into that suit wearing heel. This was his way of coming back, getting all the fozzy Jericho character out of his system, before coming back next week and ripping the fans

sorta still silly though, they obviously paid him a lot, and you don't use one of your best talkers? unless he comes out during this 6 man tag

took the crowd a bit too long to turn on him. I guess they felt it was too obvious if he immediately intervened in the PUnk/Ziggler match as everyone was expecting.

My guess is Jericho PRETENDS to be a face for the next 3 weeks, wins the Rumble, then shows his true intentions by going after Punk and returning to his suit wearing heel slow talking gimmick

My only other thought is, Jericho has always said that when he comes back, he has to do something different. First the Y2J character, then the no country for old men type character, and even though hes a heel i wonder if hes trying to create this sarcastic pretend face character. I can sorta see how he comes out sort of OVERACTING, but it will only work if the fans boo the heck out of it Not sure how the fans in the arena will react to what hes doing
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #527 (permalink)

That's why they have the fake cheers/clapping/boos for live TV when the crowd sucks.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #528 (permalink)

Kane showing hate really should have been fire coming on the pin count, and lights come on with Cena bleeding knocked out.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #529 (permalink)

I hope there's no dark match
Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #530 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Man, Kane ripping through the mat and trying to take someone back under with him, how original.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #531 (permalink)

So worst Raw in years? Besides walkout episode
Old 01-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #532 (permalink)

in any event. Raw is getting worse each week. They just throw guys together for matches now. Atleast last years New Years Raw had the return of Bret Hart, oh wait nope that was 2 years ago. Wow things have really gone downhill in 2years even

The biggest "feuds" right now are

Kane vs Cena only thing slightly entertaining

R-Truth vs The Miz The Miz should just turn face already, his character as a heel is unbelievably stale

CM Punk vs Laurinatais and its NOT Ziggler, i still dont call that a feud yet, because neither of them have done a promo about the other at all

Booker T vs Cody Rhodes ummmmm ok

Big Show vs Mark Henry vs Daniel Bryan zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 01-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #533 (permalink)

The only time coming through the mat was cool was when taker did it to Kevin Nash aka big daddy cool diesel at in your house prior to wrestlemania 12. I was 10 or 11 but I remember it to this day. Things were so much more believable then and the stories were better too
Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #534 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
So worst Raw in years? Besides walkout episode
Hard not to agree. More fun watching old Raw's on youtube these days. The difference in shows from say today to like 1st Raw of 2002 is staggering

your supposed new number 1 face is feuding against one of the worst talkers in history. And anyone notice how Punk doesnt end shows? i always thought the WWE championship should be centered around a feud/program and should end the show

Funny how even without the strap, Cena-centric material still closes the show
Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #535 (permalink)

Is it just me or does anybody else think they are 2 different kanes? They just don't look the same. The original Kane when he first appeared was chiseled and built. Then they went to Kane without a mask for years and now they have the masked Kane back again
Old 01-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #536 (permalink)

Jericho's heel turn worked, rest didn't
Old 01-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #537 (permalink)

God I am sick of these #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@ six-man tag matches on raw. I had hoped Swagger was going to get a push by making Ryder tap. Of course not. This was the worst raw I've seen in a while. It begins was ruined. Another typical Cena win. And Cena ends the show on top as the ultimate face. Horrible.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #538 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BigpapiManny#1

I watched my first Smackdown since like 09 last Friday.(It was in Indy). Wathced this Raw because I saw the Kane thing. Well, Jericho bugged the hell out of me. But Kane was pretty cool. Besides he didnt beat Cena to a bloody pulp. And I'm pissed Cena pulled the guy back from Kane. Way to go Vince! We should bring back the "You Suck" chant for Vince
BigpapiManny#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #539 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigpapiManny#1 View Post
I watched my first Smackdown since like 09 last Friday.(It was in Indy). Wathced this Raw because I saw the Kane thing. Well, Jericho bugged the hell out of me. But Kane was pretty cool. Besides he didnt beat Cena to a bloody pulp. And I'm pissed Cena pulled the guy back from Kane. Way to go Vince! We should bring back the "You Suck" chant for Vince
Let me start my comment off by saying you didn't miss much these past 2 years. Some pretty crappy pg-era wrestling going on.

As for the Jericho thing, since you haven't been watching Raw Jericho only bugged you. I think I speak for most every wrestling fan on this forum when I say we're all furious with Chris Jericho. These promos had all of us super excited, and to get this is a massive slap in the face. We all expected a dark, mysterious return, involving a woman at some point, yet instead we got an unexplained pointless celebration by Chris Jericho.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:16 AM   #540 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahacolts View Post
Is it just me or does anybody else think they are 2 different kanes? They just don't look the same. The original Kane when he first appeared was chiseled and built. Then they went to Kane without a mask for years and now they have the masked Kane back again
to keep with the wrestling theme of this thred:

"No chance in hell"

Glen Jacobs has and will always be Kane. The only other person to "be Kane" was Luke Gallows (Freakin Deacon in Deep South, Festus/Luke Gallows in WWE) during that craptastic Kane vs Kane feud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
Clearly that was done on purpose. Jericho as a face doesnt really work, he got little reaction last time he came back before he morphed into that suit wearing heel. This was his way of coming back, getting all the fozzy Jericho character out of his system, before coming back next week and ripping the fans

sorta still silly though, they obviously paid him a lot, and you don't use one of your best talkers? unless he comes out during this 6 man tag

took the crowd a bit too long to turn on him. I guess they felt it was too obvious if he immediately intervened in the PUnk/Ziggler match as everyone was expecting.

My guess is Jericho PRETENDS to be a face for the next 3 weeks, wins the Rumble, then shows his true intentions by going after Punk and returning to his suit wearing heel slow talking gimmick

My only other thought is, Jericho has always said that when he comes back, he has to do something different. First the Y2J character, then the no country for old men type character, and even though hes a heel i wonder if hes trying to create this sarcastic pretend face character. I can sorta see how he comes out sort of OVERACTING, but it will only work if the fans boo the heck out of it Not sure how the fans in the arena will react to what hes doing
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Let me start my comment off by saying you didn't miss much these past 2 years. Some pretty crappy pg-era wrestling going on.

As for the Jericho thing, since you haven't been watching Raw Jericho only bugged you. I think I speak for most every wrestling fan on this forum when I say we're all furious with Chris Jericho. These promos had all of us super excited, and to get this is a massive slap in the face. We all expected a dark, mysterious return, involving a woman at some point, yet instead we got an unexplained pointless celebration by Chris Jericho.
Read the quoted post above yours.

You and all the other Jerichoholics justgot effectively Rick Rolled by Jericho himself.

Its been apparant everybody was expecting his return. Its been apparant everybody was excited about him returning. What better way to get heel heat/turn him heel than to "make his return" full of cheers form the crowd...only for him to mock the crowd, run around and celebrate with them, and not say a word.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #541 (permalink)

Shoulda invested in some body guards or an invisibility cloak..

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the reason why WWE decided not to fly Chris Jericho into Memphis on a private jet, is because management felt the plan it had in place would be infallible, and Jericho's return would not be spoiled.

WWE's plan was to, as we now know, fly Jericho into the Nashville airport, which is 225 miles away from Memphis, and figured that no one would take a photo of him so far from the site of Raw. WWE then had a limo drive Jericho to Memphis, where he was kept hidden until his scheduled appearance on Raw.

Obviously this plan was foiled as a fan did in fact snap a photo of Jericho at the Nashville airport, and it surfaced online yesterday during the day.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #542 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Hate to say I am extremely close to abandoning the WWE product once again. I forgot who asked, but yesterday had to be one of the worst Raws I have seen in years. CM Punk could have been huge but they ruined him. The Kane thing was unbearable. The storylines are just straight garbage. I will probably pay attention up to the point of Wrestlemania because like most fans, I am looking forward to the Rock vs. John Cena. Beyond that, there is not much to look forward to.
wscws2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #543 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wscws2008 View Post
Hate to say I am extremely close to abandoning the WWE product once again. I forgot who asked, but yesterday had to be one of the worst Raws I have seen in years. CM Punk could have been huge but they ruined him. The Kane thing was unbearable. The storylines are just straight garbage. I will probably pay attention up to the point of Wrestlemania because like most fans, I am looking forward to the Rock vs. John Cena. Beyond that, there is not much to look forward to.
There's a CM Punk/Chris Jericho feud to look forward to, but otherwise I have to agree with you. The Cena heel turn came to a complete halt on raw, and his "feud" with Kane looks to be nothing more than a war of words.

What also bothered me on raw is that not a single young talent from Raw got any airtime. Rhodes and Barrett are both from SmackDown, and unless you consider Ziggler (who's already a main-eventer) or Swagger (who got no push whatsoever), not a single up-and-comer got to fight.

Raw needs to change, and quick. The ratings are slipping quite fast, and the content is struggling to stay the least bit entertaining. Hopefully Jericho's return will pick up the content, and the UnderTaker's eventual comeback promises entertaining television, but I have to agree with you. I'm considering dumping the WWE from my weekly television schedule.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #544 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
There's a CM Punk/Chris Jericho feud to look forward to, but otherwise I have to agree with you. The Cena heel turn came to a complete halt on raw, and his "feud" with Kane looks to be nothing more than a war of words.

What also bothered me on raw is that not a single young talent from Raw got any airtime. Rhodes and Barrett are both from SmackDown, and unless you consider Ziggler (who's already a main-eventer) or Swagger (who got no push whatsoever), not a single up-and-comer got to fight.

Raw needs to change, and quick. The ratings are slipping quite fast, and the content is struggling to stay the least bit entertaining. Hopefully Jericho's return will pick up the content, and the UnderTaker's eventual comeback promises entertaining television, but I have to agree with you. I'm considering dumping the WWE from my weekly television schedule.
I look forward to the comebacks of yesteryear's superstars. I love Y2J and I will mark out for the UT but at what point does the WWE actually try to elevate other talent?? The Rock, SCSA, UT, HBK, Mick Foley etc. can't always keep bailing them out in the ratings. And eventually they will be just too damn old or too broken to do it.

It also seems to be a confusing strategy. WWE wants to bring in younger and newer viewers. At some point I am sure some of these kids are going dad, who is Kevin Nash or who is Mick Foley or even, who is the Rock?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #545 (permalink)

Anybody remember that story that Vincent Kennedy and Jericho were feuding over Jericho not being in that WWE video game? Just heard it was all made up Nice fake out by Vincent K. I can't believe I actually thought it was true .
Old 01-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #546 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Anybody remember that story that Vincent Kennedy and Jericho were feuding over Jericho not being in that WWE video game? Just heard it was all made up Nice fake out by Vincent K. I can't believe I actually thought it was true .
Yes I do remember that. They did a pretty good job in making it seem like WWE and Y2J had a huge falling out. Now hopefully they build him up to be a monster heel and that they do good with the Y2J/Punk feud that is supposed to happen.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #547 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Saw an article where someone was comparing the CM Punk/Lauranitis storyline to SCSA/McMahon. Nowhere even close. I am still waiting to see a sick Ace Crusher though.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #548 (permalink)

Everyone bitches about the product but keeps watching. no one is going to stop watching that is typing about it here on the internet. whats your alternative? watch tna? ha!
geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #549 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffyb View Post
Everyone bitches about the product but keeps watching. no one is going to stop watching that is typing about it here on the internet. whats your alternative? watch tna? ha!
The alternative is wait for the WWE Network and watch old reruns of classic matches. I stopped watching from about 2003-2006/7. Not opposed to setting the DVR up with another show during that time.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #550 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BigpapiManny#1

I was thinking today, you know who Vince really screwed a few years ago? Bobby Lashley, man that gut was an animal and got at the most an ECW title out of that?! Oh Vince
BigpapiManny#1 is offline   Reply With Quote