Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 10:22 AM   #5576 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Hate to say it but this may have been their strategy going into the rumble. If they tick fans off with the WWE network coming out in a few weeks and for $9.99 a month it includes PPV's they might be trying to drive people to pay the $9.99 for 6 Months and not $39.95 for PPV...crappy strategy but makes sense
If that was their strategy, then there are a lot of people that need to be fired from the top on down and be sent back to a college Marketing 101 class. This isn't just a gimmick they are trying to sell, it's a whole new economic path for them and a vital one for the company.

Option A;
Let's piss off our fanbase with a crappy PPV so they never want to pay 39.95 again for a PPV, but still want to give us 9.99 for 6 months before we up the price to 100-200 a year. But we'll throw some cliffhanger storywriting in at the end of that 6 month period to keep the suckers on the hook.

Option B;
Let's have such a good PPV with twists and appearances that our fanbase would not want to miss anything ahead for the next 6 months. That 6 month period of PPVs should showcase our prime talent to make the fanbase realize paying 200 a year is better than paying 40 per PPV per month and is well worth the savings.

You are the COO of WWE and both strategies are put in front of you and you have to sign off on one strategy for the foreseeable economic future of your company. Your choice?
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isn’t that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #5577 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
If that was their strategy, then there are a lot of people that need to be fired from the top on down and be sent back to a college Marketing 101 class. This isn't just a gimmick they are trying to sell, it's a whole new economic path for them and a vital one for the company.

Option A;
Let's piss off our fanbase with a crappy PPV so they never want to pay 39.95 again for a PPV, but still want to give us 9.99 for 6 months before we up the price to 100-200 a year. But we'll throw some cliffhanger storywriting in at the end of that 6 month period to keep the suckers on the hook.

Option B;
Let's have such a good PPV with twists and appearances that our fanbase would not want to miss anything ahead for the next 6 months. That 6 month period of PPVs should showcase our prime talent to make the fanbase realize paying 200 a year is better than paying 40 per PPV per month and is well worth the savings.

You are the COO of WWE and both strategies are put in front of you and you have to sign off on one strategy for the foreseeable economic future of your company. Your choice?
Yea I must say as an occasional fan I was excited for wwe network, not only to watch some of the attitude era which I grew up on, but also to watch the PPV's and catch up on the new stuff. After Watching The Rumble Last night and being just disgusted with how horrible the story line was, I don't think I will be signing up unless something huge is to come within the next couple weeks.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #5578 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post

Option A;

Option B;

one would think with the WWE Network, this would have been the best PPV ever. To Get people excited to sign up to pay the $9.99 per month. Sounds like the failed miserably at this.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #5579 (permalink)

So if Daniel Bryan entered, he probably would have been #30 as a surprise. Instead with Rey entering there, he gets booed. Rey didn't even last long, as he was just another wasted spot. Why not let Bryan be that wasted spot? If you want to keep Batista a heel, let him eliminate Bryan. Don't waste a spot with JBL and throw Rey in there, let Bryan eliminate Sheamus or somebody, get some of his kicks going on Reigns and Batista to be the last man standing, and then have Batista throw him over. You get more real heat on Batista and still get Bryan his chance.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #5580 (permalink)

remember wm is not the next ppv
alot can still happen ............................................but i doubt it

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #5581 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
if Punk is facing Kane at WM30, then I can see Punk just walking away when his contract is up. To go from a match with Undertaker one year, to Kane in the next is kind of a slap in the face
And go where TNA? lol, there is nowhere to go but wwe for the kind of money hes used to
Old 01-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #5582 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYBOWSKI97 View Post
And go where TNA? lol, there is nowhere to go but wwe for the kind of money hes used to
He'll go back to Chicago and retire.

s134.photobucket.com/user/Chosen1LBJ/library/
jsab48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:12 PM   #5583 (permalink)

WWE had better hope that crowd yesterday was a fluke.

Batista is going to have to do a quick heel turn if he continues gets booed out of buildings now.

He was flipping the crowd off and mocking Bryan after the PPV went off air.... lmao.. wow
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #5584 (permalink)

It's really a no brainer as to why Bryan was kept away from the rumble. With wwe spending all this money on Batistas return, why would they want bryan coming in and completely overshadowing Batista even being in the rumble? That was definitely their logic, but it kind of backfired with that crowd.
SlickNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #5585 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
So if Daniel Bryan entered, he probably would have been #30 as a surprise. Instead with Rey entering there, he gets booed. Rey didn't even last long, as he was just another wasted spot. Why not let Bryan be that wasted spot? If you want to keep Batista a heel, let him eliminate Bryan. Don't waste a spot with JBL and throw Rey in there, let Bryan eliminate Sheamus or somebody, get some of his kicks going on Reigns and Batista to be the last man standing, and then have Batista throw him over. You get more real heat on Batista and still get Bryan his chance.
im sorry dude but daniel bryan isnt that good. i thought his best work was with kane. those bits they did together were hilarious
Old 01-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #5586 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYBOWSKI97 View Post
im sorry dude but daniel bryan isnt that good. i thought his best work was with kane. those bits they did together were hilarious
His best work was probably with Cena last summer. Their match at Summerslam was very, very good (credit to Cena as well, he more than held his own with a phenomenal technical wrestler, although he usually does).

I don't think Bryan is great either. One of the better technical wrestlers in the WWE, but he doesn't have "it". People continue to compare him to Stone Cold, but Bryan is very one-dimensional; Austin could do everything. Bryan will never be big. He's hot at the moment, but as we've seen with CM Punk (who, mind you, is equally as talented in ring and immensely more talented on the microphone), that doesn't translate to superstardom down the road. I like Bryan, I do, but I like him as an IC/WH Championship guy, not a main event at WrestleMania guy.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #5587 (permalink)

So for the Bryan deterrents, what makes Batista a main event at Wrestlemania guy? Not good on the mic, stiff wrestler that's only getting pushed because of HHH and his bright ideas.

Updated bucket: http://s41.photobucket.com/user/whodatnation9/library/
WhoDatNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #5588 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatNation View Post
So for the Bryan deterrents, what makes Batista a main event at Wrestlemania guy? Not good on the mic, stiff wrestler that's only getting pushed because of HHH and his bright ideas.
Nothing. Batista should not be anywhere near the main event of WrestleMania. Hopefully Sting will sign and Taker/Sting will end up being the main event. At this point, anything else will be an incredible disappointment. If Orton/Batista main events WrestleMania 30, it will be the worst main event in the show's history, and will be booed constantly. Not because of Bryan's absence either, there isn't a wrestling fan on the planet that wants to see this match. Even in 2005 this would be a disgrace as a main event. Now, it's just sad.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #5589 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDatNation View Post
if anything maybe batista's history, there is still alot of batista fans. theres no way they would bring back a big name like him and not have him a main part of wrestlemania, maybe he shouldnt be in main event but its wwe and anything can happen between now and wm. i watched daniel bryan on saturday live in canton in a cage match and he was fun getting the crowd going but i was more impressed with bray wyatt, for a big man he is good. i think they need to turn cena heel for once, the bad guys in wwe suck right now.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #5590 (permalink)

I just don't know what WWE is doing anymore. Are they going retro to 1990's and 2000's and ignoring all the wrestlers they have now?
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:51 PM   #5591 (permalink)

more of what Foley said last night on his Facebook page (I also made sure to take out the swear words, that is when you KNOW Mick is fuming):

As I mentioned on Twitter, I've never felt so disgusted at the conclusion of a WWE (or any) PPV. Like many of you out there, I just don't get it. This Daniel Bryan thing is a phenomenon. You get it. I get it. The fans in Pittsburgh (yes, I was thinking of writing "RIGHT TH...but I'm just not in a cheap pop mood) got it. But tonight, for the first time, I had to admit to myself that the powers that be are just not going to get it. And that makes me sad. I'm just honestly sad, just flat out *expletive* sad (yes, I dropped an F-bomb there to emphasize how F'ing sad I am for the guys who bust their butts night in and night out - Ziggler, Punk, Bryan, etc - with no hope of getting their shot at this year's Mania.

You know who else I'm sad for? Me. In my two years as an official WWE Ambassador, I never once had to lie about my enthusiasm for the company or the product. Now, although I am no longer officially an Ambassador for WWE (believe it or not, my only official role in WWE is as GM for Saturday Morning Slam, a contract that ends in one month) I was still looking forward to being part of the biggest event of the year. I'll probably end up going anyway. But I'm about 1/6th as excited about it as I was just a few hours ago. I wanted so badly to hear 75,000 WWE fans chanting "YES" - and seeing fans walk away absolutely ecstatic about the outcome of a PPV for the first time in a while...a long while. But when given the chance to make it happen (unless they've got something MAJOR up their sleeve) WWE's answer tonight was a resounding "NO, NO, NO".
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #5592 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
more of what Foley said last night on his Facebook page (I also made sure to take out the swear words, that is when you KNOW Mick is fuming):

As I mentioned on Twitter, I've never felt so disgusted at the conclusion of a WWE (or any) PPV. Like many of you out there, I just don't get it. This Daniel Bryan thing is a phenomenon. You get it. I get it. The fans in Pittsburgh (yes, I was thinking of writing "RIGHT TH...but I'm just not in a cheap pop mood) got it. But tonight, for the first time, I had to admit to myself that the powers that be are just not going to get it. And that makes me sad. I'm just honestly sad, just flat out *expletive* sad (yes, I dropped an F-bomb there to emphasize how F'ing sad I am for the guys who bust their butts night in and night out - Ziggler, Punk, Bryan, etc - with no hope of getting their shot at this year's Mania.

You know who else I'm sad for? Me. In my two years as an official WWE Ambassador, I never once had to lie about my enthusiasm for the company or the product. Now, although I am no longer officially an Ambassador for WWE (believe it or not, my only official role in WWE is as GM for Saturday Morning Slam, a contract that ends in one month) I was still looking forward to being part of the biggest event of the year. I'll probably end up going anyway. But I'm about 1/6th as excited about it as I was just a few hours ago. I wanted so badly to hear 75,000 WWE fans chanting "YES" - and seeing fans walk away absolutely ecstatic about the outcome of a PPV for the first time in a while...a long while. But when given the chance to make it happen (unless they've got something MAJOR up their sleeve) WWE's answer tonight was a resounding "NO, NO, NO".
This is it. They have guys they can push and be the face for the 2010's (punk, bryan, dolph, kofi, sheamus. ....) and they choose to go backwards.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #5593 (permalink)

Mick will probably loose his job for that.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #5594 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
His best work was probably with Cena last summer. Their match at Summerslam was very, very good (credit to Cena as well, he more than held his own with a phenomenal technical wrestler, although he usually does).

I don't think Bryan is great either. One of the better technical wrestlers in the WWE, but he doesn't have "it". People continue to compare him to Stone Cold, but Bryan is very one-dimensional; Austin could do everything. Bryan will never be big. He's hot at the moment, but as we've seen with CM Punk (who, mind you, is equally as talented in ring and immensely more talented on the microphone), that doesn't translate to superstardom down the road. I like Bryan, I do, but I like him as an IC/WH Championship guy, not a main event at WrestleMania guy.
If anyone is comparing Bryan to Stone Cold they're either complete morons or never watched wrestling during the Attitude era, people forget how good the gimmicks and mic skills Austin had, IMO he was just as good as the Rock. Which brings me to my next thing, its funny how they(the writers) think they can just create a rivalry, HBK/Hart that was an awesome rivalry, The Rock/Stone Cold that was an awesome rivalry, Cena and Orton couldn't fill that if they tried.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:27 PM   #5595 (permalink)

And Batista quit the #@#@#@#@ing company, does anyone remember why? They wouldn't give him the championship, now they come back and whats the first thing they do? Hand him a title match(which I'm willing to bet he wins) at the 30th WM. That's the dumbest thing in the world, I feel today like I got bent over backwards and was taken to the woodshed for spending 55(HD) on a PPV, one of the only PPVs I get every year, and now I'm not even half as excited as I was about going to WM.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:55 PM   #5596 (permalink)

I am really hoping that Cleveland is half as hot as Pittsburgh was.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #5597 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Hate to say it but this may have been their strategy going into the rumble. If they tick fans off with the WWE network coming out in a few weeks and for $9.99 a month it includes PPV's they might be trying to drive people to pay the $9.99 for 6 Months and not $39.95 for PPV...crappy strategy but makes sense
I'm questioning whether I want to spend the $10 per month for the network.

And this is what I questioned when the network was announced -- what incentive is there for the WWE to put out compelling PPVs?

Right now, they're going to make a ton more $ from the Raw and Smackdown sales, to whatever network they go to, than they will from PPVs.

Last edited by Bob Loblaw; 01-27-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #5598 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post

Frankly, he reminds me of a Bret Hart kinda guy. Great technical wrestler, very good on the mic. Better than Hart on the mic. But not physically threatening in the least.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #5599 (permalink)

here's a problem w the complaining -
everyone is talking about how bad it was, unfair - but they are talking

i expected to see a sharp selloff on the stock today, nope .. wwe stock up and in the day a high

so wwe heads will / can say they are doing what is best for business ..
weird ...

how long before triple h wins the belt, stephanie beats aj for her title too ??
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:12 PM   #5600 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Frankly, he reminds me of a Bret Hart kinda guy. Great technical wrestler, very good on the mic. Better than Hart on the mic. But not physically threatening in the least.
Certainly better on the mic than Hart, but Hart definitely had a better skill set. Hart had the "look", and combined with the talent he could carry PPV's. Bryan has next to nothing. He doesn't have the "look" and he doesn't have the mic skills (his mic skills are above average, but not good enough to be a main-eventer). Unfortunately, at this point those are the two skills that set mid-carders (Kofi, Dolph, Cesaro) apart from the upper-tier main eventers (Cena, Punk, Reigns). Bryan is an above-average talent that got a big push because of his Indie history and ability to get the crowd behind him. Unfortunately stuff like this does not translate in PPV buys.

There are rumors of Bryan being in line for a big push, and with the WWE Network coming around and eliminating some of the importance of PPV buys, I could see it happening. Come this time next year, WrestleMania season and all, I can't imagine Bryan being anywhere near the championship scene. He'll never be big, folks are just going to have to learn to live with that.