Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 11:36 PM   #5651 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
If Bryan walks out of the Elimination Chamber with the belt... he faces Batista at WM... that's a money match.

Think about it, kids...
Bryan is not walking out of Elimination Chamber with the belts.
The main event is set: Orton / Batista
It doesn't matter how over Bryan gets, the main event is set.
CharlieHustle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:59 PM   #5652 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
This is all very obviously a work.
I am convinced of it now. It's all been planned since the fall I bet.
It's an obvious work, because they're trying to contain the mess they've made with Daniel Bryan's booking. This has absolutely NOT been planned since the fall. It's a reaction to the backlash.
They think that by going out in front of the crowd and acting cartoonishly oblivious, the fan's will say "It's planned and it's a work" and brush the whole thing off, like it was always meant to happen this way.
In order for it to have been planned this way, would mean that they intentionally botched up Royal Rumble (and the previous 4 PPV events), specifically to rile up the fans and create a ground swell of support for Bryan. Well, no publicly traded company intentionally riles up their paying customer base when they have a big event (the network) on the horizon.
This wasn't planned, it's damage control and it'll most likely been done with the grace of a fat back-up dancer. You want Daniel Bryan and the Yes chants? I hope so, because you're about to be Yes chanted to death leading up to WrestleMania. The McMahon's aren't subtle when they have a point to prove. So, from now until Mania, I would expect Bryan to be on Raw 3 times per show, doing in-ring promos and saying "YES", every chance he gets. Then Triple H will tell us in his sing-songy voice that this "is what we wanted". And BTW, there will be no Daniel Bryan title run along the way.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:56 AM   #5653 (permalink)

I wish they would just give that dwarf the belt so I don't have to hear those stupid chants during EVERY segment.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:47 AM   #5654 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieHustle View Post
Bryan is not walking out of Elimination Chamber with the belts.
The main event is set: Orton / Batista
It doesn't matter how over Bryan gets, the main event is set.
Batista is set. Orton can change.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:04 AM   #5655 (permalink)

Quote:
Batista is set. Orton can change.
I dont mean it's set as far as storyline goes, I mean it's set as far as creative goes. If they start shuffling the deck now, they have to rewrite everyone else's story too. Not gonna happen because some road to wrestlemania stories are already in full gear.
The closest Bryan would get to the title match at Mania would be a 3-way with Orton / Batista.

Mind you, I'm not saying Bryan can't leave Mania as the champ, but 100%, no doubt, for sure, set in stone, Orton goes into Mania holding the belts.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:35 AM   #5656 (permalink)

I just don't see the main event being Batista vs Orton

now they may face each other, but if they do, I just can't see it being the last match on the card

But even that I just can't see . Theres just no story there. We've seen it before after the Evolution fallout

WWE was banking on Batista being a big face, but they botched it so terribly

A, by announcing him before he came back

B, having him win the Rumble in the fashion he did

Guys like Batista as faces just doesn't work much in WWE anymore. This isn't 2003.

His music hits last RAW before RR, the crowd was pretty into it, but really as soon as he got in the ring, the crowd just died. As soon as he gave his generic promo, the crowd died

When he came out again to confront DelRio............the crowd died
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:40 AM   #5657 (permalink)

If Sting finally does sign with WWE within the next week or so, that is going to change a lot of stuff
Old 01-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #5658 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
#@#@#@#@ yeah! Jake the Snake, Ultimate Warrior, I may jump the balcony, so if you guys hear about someone jumping the balcony at the HoF it was me.
Awesome start to the inductees for this year!!

Now if only this was the year for Macho Man.....

PC: "Big Game" James Shields
andyzk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #5659 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont mean it's set as far as storyline goes, I mean it's set as far as creative goes. If they start shuffling the deck now, they have to rewrite everyone else's story too. Not gonna happen because some road to wrestlemania stories are already in full gear.
The closest Bryan would get to the title match at Mania would be a 3-way with Orton / Batista.

Mind you, I'm not saying Bryan can't leave Mania as the champ, but 100%, no doubt, for sure, set in stone, Orton goes into Mania holding the belts.
Creative can change. It's being reported that last night's Raw was completely re-written due to the response to the results of the Royal Rumble.

DBry can certainly go in as the champ v. Batista, and have a three way with Orton, HHH, and Punk. Not sure what to do with lesnar if he doesn't go against UT -- either have him face Show in a rematch or have him butt his way into a 3-way vs. DBry & Batista for the title. Shield v. Wyatts. Boom. There's your top 4 matches.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #5660 (permalink)

How to Batista go from cheers to serious boos this week? Other than winning the rumble, what happened?
Old 01-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #5661 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure what to do with lesnar if he doesn't go against UT -- either have him face Show in a rematch or have him butt his way into a 3-way vs. DBry & Batista for the title. Shield v. Wyatts. Boom. There's your top 4 matches.
I think Lesnar vs Reigns could be a way to go if he doesn't face Undertaker.
dbackschamp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #5662 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsFaninCltNC View Post
How to Batista go from cheers to serious boos this week? Other than winning the rumble, what happened?
IMO, a couple of factors

1, how he left WWE last, in a wheelchair as part of storyline with Cena, whining in middle of the ring as heel

2, his look, the type of look majority of WWE fans just don't get behind as a big time face these days

3, his attitude, on and off camera, hes a douche.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #5663 (permalink)

WZ is reporting Sting signed a legend deal with the WWE.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #5664 (permalink)

Quote:
Creative can change. It's being reported that last night's Raw was completely re-written due to the response to the results of the Royal Rumble.

DBry can certainly go in as the champ v. Batista, and have a three way with Orton, HHH, and Punk. Not sure what to do with lesnar if he doesn't go against UT -- either have him face Show in a rematch or have him butt his way into a 3-way vs. DBry & Batista for the title. Shield v. Wyatts. Boom. There's your top 4 matches.

Raw was re-written, so they could publicly shine more spotlight on Daniel Bryan and get his Yes chants on TV, not to give him a title run.

Triple H / Punk is already it's own match. Too much ground work has been laid to try and insert them into the title picture.

Batista won the Rumble, he's in the title match.
Orton is the "face of the WWE" and hasn't had his complete fallout with The Authority yet, so he's still in the title picture.

You're trying to shoehorn Bryan into a title picture that he currently does not fit into. Obviously, he's the current massive fan favorite, but he's been out of the title card since early October at Battleground. Like I said, the closest Bryan is getting is a 3-way with Orton / Batista. And even if that match takes place, Batista is coming out the champ. Then Orton moves into a feud with The Authority and Batista moves on to Brock Lesnar.

Shield / Wyatts not happening (unless it's 2 on 2), because Bray is already locked into the Cena story.
So, if you move Bray into a Shield story, you have to move Cena also. Except, the story has already started, so you'd have to wrap that up quickly and move onto something else.

Orton / Batista
Lesnar / Taker
Cena / Bray
Triple H / Punk
Daniel Bryan / Roman Reigns (or the rumored Sheamus)

As you can see, it's already getting to be a full card and these 5 matches only include 1 title. You'd still have to squeeze more (if not all) titles into the event. There isn't much wiggle room to creatively change direction and throw Bryan into the spotlight.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #5665 (permalink)

can a couple of matches - fatal 4-way
Orton / Batista / Lesnar / Daniel Bryan

Taker / Sting

Cena / Bray
Triple H / Punk
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #5666 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
Taker / Sting

Yeah, that way Sting can job one match in WWE, and then get inducted into the WWE HOF...
Old 01-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #5667 (permalink)

Do you think they could do a wyatts vs shield match in a elimination chamber themed match ?

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #5668 (permalink)

I just have no interest in Lesnar/Undertaker
Old 01-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #5669 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
Do you think they could do a wyatts vs shield match in a elimination chamber themed match ?
They'll do a match at the EC PPV for sure, but it won't be in the chamber.
Most of the themed PPV's have only had 1 match pertaining to the theme, for the past year or so.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:36 PM   #5670 (permalink)

Vince Mcmahon is a genius, pure and simple. He plans title changes and character turns over a year in advance in some cases. There are plenty of movies and documentaries that back that up. The reaction they are getting now is exactly what they want. Don't believe what you hear, Vince is still the final say on each and every move. I don't believe they missed on, or messed up the Daniel Bryan train one bit. It's only making him stronger and more popular.

It's actually brilliant.

Quote:
It's an obvious work, because they're trying to contain the mess they've made with Daniel Bryan's booking. This has absolutely NOT been planned since the fall. It's a reaction to the backlash.
They think that by going out in front of the crowd and acting cartoonishly oblivious, the fan's will say "It's planned and it's a work" and brush the whole thing off, like it was always meant to happen this way.
In order for it to have been planned this way, would mean that they intentionally botched up Royal Rumble (and the previous 4 PPV events), specifically to rile up the fans and create a ground swell of support for Bryan. Well, no publicly traded company intentionally riles up their paying customer base when they have a big event (the network) on the horizon.
This wasn't planned, it's damage control and it'll most likely been done with the grace of a fat back-up dancer. You want Daniel Bryan and the Yes chants? I hope so, because you're about to be Yes chanted to death leading up to WrestleMania. The McMahon's aren't subtle when they have a point to prove. So, from now until Mania, I would expect Bryan to be on Raw 3 times per show, doing in-ring promos and saying "YES", every chance he gets. Then Triple H will tell us in his sing-songy voice that this "is what we wanted". And BTW, there will be no Daniel Bryan title run along the way.
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:05 AM   #5671 (permalink)

SD looks very solid. Spoilers:

Titus turns on Young and wants a title run.
Christian and Cesaro qualify for Chamber.
Wyatts/Shield booked for Chamber.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:15 AM   #5672 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't believe they missed on, or messed up the Daniel Bryan train one bit. It's only making him stronger and more popular.

It's actually brilliant.
I disagree

See: Michigan State on ESPN

Bryan would still be in the Wyatt's, if not for Michigan State.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:47 AM   #5673 (permalink)

It looks like CM Punk took his ball and went home. I've always liked Punk as a performer, but does anyone come close to bitching and complaining as much as him?

Old 01-29-2014, 02:11 AM   #5674 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
It looks like CM Punk took his ball and went home. I've always liked Punk as a performer, but does anyone come close to bitching and complaining as much as him?
Pretty stunning news...

I believe it's a work, but you never know... Austin did the same thing 11 years ago. He has seemed burnt out. Not the same passion or work from him for awhile now.
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:02 AM   #5675 (permalink)

Quote:
Pretty stunning news...

I believe it's a work, but you never know... Austin did the same thing 11 years ago. He has seemed burnt out. Not the same passion or work from him for awhile now.
It very well could be a work, but I kind of doubt it. He has seemed disinterested and lazy for the last few months. With his contract being up in July, I really don't see him resigning.