Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 01:40 AM   #5776 (permalink)

Shelton returned in the dark match. Wonder if it's just for February, or for a while. Hope he comes back for EC since he's from the U.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #5777 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Is Bryan as white hot without the yes chants?

Not a chance IMO. Fans just like to chant stuff and feel involved.
He's over because of that stupid chant. Without it, he would be getting out popped by over half of the roster. I really hope they aren't putting the title on him at Mania. I'll be one of the only people there chanting "NO!"

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #5778 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
He's over because of that stupid chant. Without it, he would be getting out popped by over half of the roster. I really hope they aren't putting the title on him at Mania. I'll be one of the only people there chanting "NO!"
the whole reason people chant for him is because he has great matches. If he sucked in the ring people would boo him. You can't deny his ability, he is small but can move and he is not afraid to take chances.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #5779 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
the whole reason people chant for him is because he has great matches. If he sucked in the ring people would boo him. You can't deny his ability, he is small but can move and he is not afraid to take chances.
While I 100% agree with this... Hardies were both way over also - some could say even more than DB is now, but they were not able to sustain that just based on matches alone.

Hardy wrestled out here in Southwest Kansas at a house show for TNA, immediately after the show before they do their picture thing, they had ice packs all over his back. It's a shame to these guys have to keep up taking chances to stay over.

Foley and Funk are two other guys that come to mind - wrestling fans will respect them but the majority of people that fork over money and go out to events wouldn't remember who they are.

For all the negativity Hogan receives, he was able to stay relevant way after his prime. Flair is another guys that well after his prime and ability to perform is still relevant.

Warrior, Goldberg, Nash, Hall, Xpac and a plethora of those other guys are not relevant at this moment either because they didn't have size or couldn't wrestle their way out of a wet paper bag. Currently DB is in this zone, until he gets out into the mainstream as Punk did with his angle...
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:00 PM   #5780 (permalink)

I think Hogan is the exception because he really pushed wrestling mainstream. But other than Hogan the type of wrestler like Batista, Orton or even Cena will not hold like Hogan did. People remember the guys who can wrestle like Michaels, bret hart, hennig and Hall. Bret Hart hasn't wrestled in nearly 15 years and you would be shocked to know he is worth millions. He built a fan base that was worldwide based on wrestling alone. Hart was average on the mic and his gimmick was average but his wrestling was great. That's why people remember him, the reason hardys didn't rise like they should of is because they wrestled in an era that was loaded with stars. Think about WWE in the 90's, steve Austin, Michaels, undertaker, foley, Rock, HHH, Goldust and the list goes on and on. They just had too much competition. Bryan is wrestling at a time when he has the perfect chance to overthrow the "old faces" and the ones that are too prideful "CM Punk".

Old 02-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #5781 (permalink)

Quote:
I think Hogan is the exception because he really pushed wrestling mainstream. But other than Hogan the type of wrestler like Batista, Orton or even Cena will not hold like Hogan did.
While I don't like the Cena character, that guy does the rounds and a lot of work. While I think Hogan's brand is the biggest - I think at this point in time Hogan and Flair have about the same interest... so I looked into this:

Flair
Google Trends

Hogan
Google Trends

Cena
Google Trends

Bryan
Google Trends

CM Punk
Google Trends

Scott Hall
Google Trends

Ultimate Warrior
Google Trends

I don't know what the above says - I think someone with more time could put a graph together it would show more. I was wanting to look more at Q Score, that I think would make this discussion more than just I think, you think, we think. The above just takes in account the "internet" or "smart" crowd which doesn't factor in their reach on the other shows or media venues.

To me CM Punk is more a Jericho type guy....
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Old 02-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #5782 (permalink)

Also keep in mind flair, warrior, Hall and Hogan are long past their prime and for the most part retired from in ring wrestling, Cena is staying relevant because he is active, but my question is will he be remembered like Hogan and flair when he retires? Cena wont be remembered for best anything, not mic skills, not gimmick, not wrestling, so where does that put him and most current wrestlers. You can argue Scott Hall and his second run in WCW was more significant to wrestling than Cenas whole career, the NWO changed a lot of things about wrestling that still apply today. My point is WWE does not have that game changer so why not give Bryan a shot at the strap and give him a legit push.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #5783 (permalink)

Cena was great on the mic during his early days as a quasi-rapper.
sthoemke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #5784 (permalink)

Anyone else see at wm xxx a us championship 3 way match with the shield coming?
Old 02-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #5785 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblades_17 View Post
Anyone else see at wm xxx a us championship 3 way match with the shield coming?
Reigns will get a bigger push than the us title when the shield breaks up. Although I would not mind seeing them all go against each other.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #5786 (permalink)

Quote:
Also keep in mind flair, warrior, Hall and Hogan are long past their prime and for the most part retired from in ring wrestling, Cena is staying relevant because he is active, but my question is will he be remembered like Hogan and flair when he retires? Cena wont be remembered for best anything, not mic skills, not gimmick, not wrestling, so where does that put him and most current wrestlers. You can argue Scott Hall and his second run in WCW was more significant to wrestling than Cenas whole career, the NWO changed a lot of things about wrestling that still apply today. My point is WWE does not have that game changer so why not give Bryan a shot at the strap and give him a legit push.
Cena will be remembered especially for all the outside of the ring activities he's involved in. Such as Make a Wish, other charities, etc.

Times have changed and many wrestlers are more involved in charities, or community activities as well as in the ring making them widely known.
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #5787 (permalink)

Daniel Bryan on NFL Network judging Beards. Pretty cool

Y! SPORTS
Old 02-14-2014, 01:50 AM   #5788 (permalink)

Kane's signing at Mall of America next Friday, probably can't make it though.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:35 AM   #5789 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
Foley and Funk are two other guys that come to mind - wrestling fans will respect them but the majority of people that fork over money and go out to events wouldn't remember who they are.
That's why his autobiography was #1 on the New York Times Best Seller List, he had his own Chef Boyardee commercial, his "This is Your Life, Rock," segment with The Rock was the highest rated segment in Raw history, him winning his first WWF title got a reaction that blew the roof off the place (and when WCW spoiled his win, several hundred thousand people immediately switched to Raw), and he is making tons of money touring with his comedy act, right?

During the Attitude Era, Foley was behind Stone Cold, The Rock, and arguably Taker in terms of popularity. EVERYONE knows who Foley is and he would get a huge pop anytime he came back.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #5790 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
That's why his autobiography was #1 on the New York Times Best Seller List, he had his own Chef Boyardee commercial, his "This is Your Life, Rock," segment with The Rock was the highest rated segment in Raw history, him winning his first WWF title got a reaction that blew the roof off the place (and when WCW spoiled his win, several hundred thousand people immediately switched to Raw), and he is making tons of money touring with his comedy act, right?

During the Attitude Era, Foley was behind Stone Cold, The Rock, and arguably Taker in terms of popularity. EVERYONE knows who Foley is and he would get a huge pop anytime he came back.
Plus Foley getting tossed off the cage will never be forgotten. As over played as it is, it was amazing.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #5791 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post

Pretty sure you only need to have 10,000 (in that range - 0.003% of the population) - sold or close to that the first week, so that's just Vince buying the 10,000 books to get on the NYT list. So if you consider 10,000 people out of 313 million going out and buying a book is EVERYONE, then we will agree to disagree. I bought the first one, never bought any after that.

If your argument is that Foley and D. Johnson have the same marketability and are known the same outside of wrestling. I would consider the money Johnson gets is a ton of money, the money earned on a comedy circuit is comfortable living.

Now if the argument is whenever he shows up he gets a pop... then yes. However he couldn't carry TNA, nor could Hogan, or anyone else that went over.

I know at least 20 people that would have no idea who he is and probably closer to 300 (if I counted all of my students) - all under the age of 18.

However even a lot of the girls (want to say 60%) would know who Cena and Johnson is.... 16 years ago is a long time (referencing Hell in a Cell '98)... a long time
Old 02-14-2014, 04:09 PM   #5792 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
Pretty sure you only need to have 10,000 (in that range - 0.003% of the population) - sold or close to that the first week, so that's just Vince buying the 10,000 books to get on the NYT list. So if you consider 10,000 people out of 313 million going out and buying a book is EVERYONE, then we will agree to disagree. I bought the first one, never bought any after that.
I do agree that outside of wrestling fans Foley isn't exactly extremely well known but I just wanted to point out that his first book sold quite a few more than 10,000 copies. It's almost impossible to find publicly accessible exact sales but everything I've found puts his first book in the 800,000+ copies sold range. I can't find anything about any of his other books so I won't comment on that except to say that they're all enjoyable (except his last TNA one).
hreed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #5793 (permalink)

interesting:

Willow is coming.... (February 13, 2014) - YouTube
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:08 PM   #5794 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
It looks like Jeff Hardy

Old 02-15-2014, 12:14 AM   #5795 (permalink)

Great Orton Cesaro match tonight!
You'll Never Walk Alone
ce99dj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:29 AM   #5796 (permalink)

Quote:
It looks like Jeff Hardy
Oh it is...

its a "character" he invented before WWE when him and Matt were running OMEGA...

apparantly he tried it in ROH in early 00's and didnt work...

looks to be interesting though, guess it depends if fans can tell its him or read dirt sheets and chant Hardy while hes under the "gimmick"
Old 02-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #5797 (permalink)

lol definitely was hardy... funny how TNA has comments disabled on the youtube link LOL

is elimination chamber tonight?? anybody have a link if so...?

Allen Iverson, Lebron James Game Used & 2004-05 Upper Deck Basketball (Anything for my set)
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #5798 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfancam01 View Post
lol definitely was hardy... funny how TNA has comments disabled on the youtube link LOL

is elimination chamber tonight?? anybody have a link if so...?
Next Sunday...
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #5799 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Next Sunday...
okay, a lot of sleep and work lately lol just checking!

thanks man

Allen Iverson, Lebron James Game Used & 2004-05 Upper Deck Basketball (Anything for my set)
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #5800 (permalink)

say it with me now...

opening segment clusterf$k