Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 01:40 AM   #5776 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 29,753
Default

Shelton returned in the dark match. Wonder if it's just for February, or for a while. Hope he comes back for EC since he's from the U.
__________________
126 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #WeThePeople SKI-U-MAH #BetterDeadThanRed WE HATE IOWA
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Minnesota Printing Plates. BRICK BY BRICK
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #5777 (permalink)
Member
 
Kingofkings1281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Is Bryan as white hot without the yes chants?

Not a chance IMO. Fans just like to chant stuff and feel involved.
He's over because of that stupid chant. Without it, he would be getting out popped by over half of the roster. I really hope they aren't putting the title on him at Mania. I'll be one of the only people there chanting "NO!"
__________________
Always looking for Vince Carter and Tom Brady.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #5778 (permalink)
Member
 
sjim8660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
He's over because of that stupid chant. Without it, he would be getting out popped by over half of the roster. I really hope they aren't putting the title on him at Mania. I'll be one of the only people there chanting "NO!"
the whole reason people chant for him is because he has great matches. If he sucked in the ring people would boo him. You can't deny his ability, he is small but can move and he is not afraid to take chances.
__________________
"To be the man you gotta beat the man"

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #5779 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
the whole reason people chant for him is because he has great matches. If he sucked in the ring people would boo him. You can't deny his ability, he is small but can move and he is not afraid to take chances.
While I 100% agree with this... Hardies were both way over also - some could say even more than DB is now, but they were not able to sustain that just based on matches alone.

Hardy wrestled out here in Southwest Kansas at a house show for TNA, immediately after the show before they do their picture thing, they had ice packs all over his back. It's a shame to these guys have to keep up taking chances to stay over.

Foley and Funk are two other guys that come to mind - wrestling fans will respect them but the majority of people that fork over money and go out to events wouldn't remember who they are.

For all the negativity Hogan receives, he was able to stay relevant way after his prime. Flair is another guys that well after his prime and ability to perform is still relevant.

Warrior, Goldberg, Nash, Hall, Xpac and a plethora of those other guys are not relevant at this moment either because they didn't have size or couldn't wrestle their way out of a wet paper bag. Currently DB is in this zone, until he gets out into the mainstream as Punk did with his angle...
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:00 PM   #5780 (permalink)
Member
 
sjim8660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,542
Default

I think Hogan is the exception because he really pushed wrestling mainstream. But other than Hogan the type of wrestler like Batista, Orton or even Cena will not hold like Hogan did. People remember the guys who can wrestle like Michaels, bret hart, hennig and Hall. Bret Hart hasn't wrestled in nearly 15 years and you would be shocked to know he is worth millions. He built a fan base that was worldwide based on wrestling alone. Hart was average on the mic and his gimmick was average but his wrestling was great. That's why people remember him, the reason hardys didn't rise like they should of is because they wrestled in an era that was loaded with stars. Think about WWE in the 90's, steve Austin, Michaels, undertaker, foley, Rock, HHH, Goldust and the list goes on and on. They just had too much competition. Bryan is wrestling at a time when he has the perfect chance to overthrow the "old faces" and the ones that are too prideful "CM Punk".
__________________
"To be the man you gotta beat the man"

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #5781 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
I think Hogan is the exception because he really pushed wrestling mainstream. But other than Hogan the type of wrestler like Batista, Orton or even Cena will not hold like Hogan did.
While I don't like the Cena character, that guy does the rounds and a lot of work. While I think Hogan's brand is the biggest - I think at this point in time Hogan and Flair have about the same interest... so I looked into this:

Flair
Google Trends

Hogan
Google Trends

Cena
Google Trends

Bryan
Google Trends

CM Punk
Google Trends

Scott Hall
Google Trends

Ultimate Warrior
Google Trends

I don't know what the above says - I think someone with more time could put a graph together it would show more. I was wanting to look more at Q Score, that I think would make this discussion more than just I think, you think, we think. The above just takes in account the "internet" or "smart" crowd which doesn't factor in their reach on the other shows or media venues.

To me CM Punk is more a Jericho type guy....
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:32 PM   #5782 (permalink)
Member
 
sjim8660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,542
Default

Also keep in mind flair, warrior, Hall and Hogan are long past their prime and for the most part retired from in ring wrestling, Cena is staying relevant because he is active, but my question is will he be remembered like Hogan and flair when he retires? Cena wont be remembered for best anything, not mic skills, not gimmick, not wrestling, so where does that put him and most current wrestlers. You can argue Scott Hall and his second run in WCW was more significant to wrestling than Cenas whole career, the NWO changed a lot of things about wrestling that still apply today. My point is WWE does not have that game changer so why not give Bryan a shot at the strap and give him a legit push.
__________________
"To be the man you gotta beat the man"

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #5783 (permalink)
Member
 
sthoemke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 2,601
Default

Cena was great on the mic during his early days as a quasi-rapper.
__________________
--------------------------------------
"They got non-smelly fish." - Pete Rose
--------------------------------------
sthoemke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #5784 (permalink)
Member
 
Tblades_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lexingon, KY
Posts: 1,178
Default

Anyone else see at wm xxx a us championship 3 way match with the shield coming?
__________________
http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd402/tblades_17/
Tblades_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #5785 (permalink)
Member
 
sjim8660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblades_17 View Post
Anyone else see at wm xxx a us championship 3 way match with the shield coming?
Reigns will get a bigger push than the us title when the shield breaks up. Although I would not mind seeing them all go against each other.
__________________
"To be the man you gotta beat the man"

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #5786 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
Also keep in mind flair, warrior, Hall and Hogan are long past their prime and for the most part retired from in ring wrestling, Cena is staying relevant because he is active, but my question is will he be remembered like Hogan and flair when he retires? Cena wont be remembered for best anything, not mic skills, not gimmick, not wrestling, so where does that put him and most current wrestlers. You can argue Scott Hall and his second run in WCW was more significant to wrestling than Cenas whole career, the NWO changed a lot of things about wrestling that still apply today. My point is WWE does not have that game changer so why not give Bryan a shot at the strap and give him a legit push.
Cena will be remembered especially for all the outside of the ring activities he's involved in. Such as Make a Wish, other charities, etc.

Times have changed and many wrestlers are more involved in charities, or community activities as well as in the ring making them widely known.
__________________
My bucket:
http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/bjtheman1/
Offers are welcomed but don't ask my best price or for me to pm you b/c you're interested.....YOU pm me and make me an offer! Thx
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #5787 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 775
Default

Daniel Bryan on NFL Network judging Beards. Pretty cool

Y! SPORTS
__________________
2007 Bowman Chrome Football RC AU set- 31/54 = 57%
hitman1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:50 AM   #5788 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 29,753
Default

Kane's signing at Mall of America next Friday, probably can't make it though.
__________________
126 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #WeThePeople SKI-U-MAH #BetterDeadThanRed WE HATE IOWA
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Minnesota Printing Plates. BRICK BY BRICK
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:35 AM   #5789 (permalink)
Member
 
free2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,306
Send a message via Yahoo to free2131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
Foley and Funk are two other guys that come to mind - wrestling fans will respect them but the majority of people that fork over money and go out to events wouldn't remember who they are.
That's why his autobiography was #1 on the New York Times Best Seller List, he had his own Chef Boyardee commercial, his "This is Your Life, Rock," segment with The Rock was the highest rated segment in Raw history, him winning his first WWF title got a reaction that blew the roof off the place (and when WCW spoiled his win, several hundred thousand people immediately switched to Raw), and he is making tons of money touring with his comedy act, right?

During the Attitude Era, Foley was behind Stone Cold, The Rock, and arguably Taker in terms of popularity. EVERYONE knows who Foley is and he would get a huge pop anytime he came back.
__________________
"Beliefs, they're the bullets of the wicked." - Serj Tankian
Braves PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Braves%20PC/
Cal Ripken PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Ripken%20PC/
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #5790 (permalink)
Member
 
sjim8660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
That's why his autobiography was #1 on the New York Times Best Seller List, he had his own Chef Boyardee commercial, his "This is Your Life, Rock," segment with The Rock was the highest rated segment in Raw history, him winning his first WWF title got a reaction that blew the roof off the place (and when WCW spoiled his win, several hundred thousand people immediately switched to Raw), and he is making tons of money touring with his comedy act, right?

During the Attitude Era, Foley was behind Stone Cold, The Rock, and arguably Taker in terms of popularity. EVERYONE knows who Foley is and he would get a huge pop anytime he came back.
Plus Foley getting tossed off the cage will never be forgotten. As over played as it is, it was amazing.
__________________
"To be the man you gotta beat the man"

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #5791 (permalink)
Member
 
Namttip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
That's why his autobiography was #1 on the New York Times Best Seller List, he had his own Chef Boyardee commercial, his "This is Your Life, Rock," segment with The Rock was the highest rated segment in Raw history, him winning his first WWF title got a reaction that blew the roof off the place (and when WCW spoiled his win, several hundred thousand people immediately switched to Raw), and he is making tons of money touring with his comedy act, right?

During the Attitude Era, Foley was behind Stone Cold, The Rock, and arguably Taker in terms of popularity. EVERYONE knows who Foley is and he would get a huge pop anytime he came back.
Pretty sure you only need to have 10,000 (in that range - 0.003% of the population) - sold or close to that the first week, so that's just Vince buying the 10,000 books to get on the NYT list. So if you consider 10,000 people out of 313 million going out and buying a book is EVERYONE, then we will agree to disagree. I bought the first one, never bought any after that.

If your argument is that Foley and D. Johnson have the same marketability and are known the same outside of wrestling. I would consider the money Johnson gets is a ton of money, the money earned on a comedy circuit is comfortable living.

Now if the argument is whenever he shows up he gets a pop... then yes. However he couldn't carry TNA, nor could Hogan, or anyone else that went over.

I know at least 20 people that would have no idea who he is and probably closer to 300 (if I counted all of my students) - all under the age of 18.

However even a lot of the girls (want to say 60%) would know who Cena and Johnson is.... 16 years ago is a long time (referencing Hell in a Cell '98)... a long time
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:09 PM   #5792 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
Pretty sure you only need to have 10,000 (in that range - 0.003% of the population) - sold or close to that the first week, so that's just Vince buying the 10,000 books to get on the NYT list. So if you consider 10,000 people out of 313 million going out and buying a book is EVERYONE, then we will agree to disagree. I bought the first one, never bought any after that.
I do agree that outside of wrestling fans Foley isn't exactly extremely well known but I just wanted to point out that his first book sold quite a few more than 10,000 copies. It's almost impossible to find publicly accessible exact sales but everything I've found puts his first book in the 800,000+ copies sold range. I can't find anything about any of his other books so I won't comment on that except to say that they're all enjoyable (except his last TNA one).
hreed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #5793 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,571
Default

interesting:

Willow is coming.... (February 13, 2014) - YouTube
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:08 PM   #5794 (permalink)
Member
 
sjim8660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
It looks like Jeff Hardy
__________________
"To be the man you gotta beat the man"

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:14 AM   #5795 (permalink)
Member
 
ce99dj88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 740
Default

Great Orton Cesaro match tonight!
__________________
Sports Card Album: http://goo.gl/UM831M
Looking for Rishard Matthews, Brandon Boykin, and Eagles.
Rishard Matthews pc 56/212 (26%) 5 1/1's
You'll Never Walk Alone
ce99dj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:29 AM   #5796 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
It looks like Jeff Hardy
Oh it is...

its a "character" he invented before WWE when him and Matt were running OMEGA...

apparantly he tried it in ROH in early 00's and didnt work...

looks to be interesting though, guess it depends if fans can tell its him or read dirt sheets and chant Hardy while hes under the "gimmick"
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #5797 (permalink)
Member
 
Nyfancam01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 9,257
Default

lol definitely was hardy... funny how TNA has comments disabled on the youtube link LOL


is elimination chamber tonight?? anybody have a link if so...?
__________________
PC & BUYING:

Allen Iverson, Lebron James Game Used & 2004-05 Upper Deck Basketball (Anything for my set)
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #5798 (permalink)
Member
 
BoxBreaker72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfancam01 View Post
lol definitely was hardy... funny how TNA has comments disabled on the youtube link LOL


is elimination chamber tonight?? anybody have a link if so...?
Next Sunday...
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #5799 (permalink)
Member
 
Nyfancam01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 9,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Next Sunday...
okay, a lot of sleep and work lately lol just checking!

thanks man
__________________
PC & BUYING:

Allen Iverson, Lebron James Game Used & 2004-05 Upper Deck Basketball (Anything for my set)
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #5800 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,571
Default

say it with me now...

opening segment clusterf$k
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.