Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #5826 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachtruitt View Post
I'm curious to see if the launch of the WWE Network is going to cause a shift in programming. Will the creative team start listening to the ones who buy into the Network (subscribers will probably be more invested/older/lifer fans who are familiar with all types of wrestling like old school WCW, lucha, ECW, etc.) versus the more casual fans who catch RAW once in a while and still cheer for Cena/Big Show?
This will indeed be interesting. The number that I heard was 1M subscribers is the goal / break even - but the realistic number is 715-750k. I think this is a drop in the bucket of the issue of having 2x the TV rights up now. That's why the stock is taking off due to double the revenue - however there aren't a lot of buyers out there - Spike, Fox, NBC super conglomerate.

Speaking of that - where were the announcements of everyone going to be on the show next week? Isn't Hogan going to be on...

I foresee them not getting their 2x asking price and not keeping 500k past the first week or even month and them knee jerk reacting and putting the straps on Cena for the next year.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #5827 (permalink)

I think with the network they can expect to have 2-3 million subscribers. If they really open their library that is. Make every WCW and ECW event available. That means all the WCW Monday nitros and their Saturday night event as well. They need to attract all kinds of wrestling fans not just current WWE fans.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #5828 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
I think with the network they can expect to have 2-3 million subscribers. If they really open their library that is. Make every WCW and ECW event available. That means all the WCW Monday nitros and their Saturday night event as well. They need to attract all kinds of wrestling fans not just current WWE fans.
I am pretty sure MLB network only has that many...

The high side of that number would be 360M over 10 years... Nascar's deal was for around 800M. I think it's optimistic for them to have over 1M paid subscribers past WM.

For example my father saw Pedro Morales v Terry Funk at some sort of fair for 60 minute match. He has no desire to get the network and used to get all of the PPVs in the era that would hit that.

The people that would pay for WCW are the same people that would pay for ECW and WWE content. It doesn't reach across the masses like it used to.

Of the six of us that went to WM in Chicago 10 years ago or whenever it was - I think I am the only person that will subscribe to the network and I don't think I'll keep it past WM.

Add the complexity of the deal is that I don't think DirectTV is going to carry Elimination Chamber - that's a rob Peter to pay Paul approach.

Also add that EMLL or AAA is doing to do an English broadcast, plus Jarrett / Kieth promotion...
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:31 AM   #5829 (permalink)

if i dont have a gaming console roku or internet on my phone how the heck do i get the wwe network onto my tv screen ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #5830 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
if i dont have a gaming console roku or internet on my phone how the heck do i get the wwe network onto my tv screen ?
I imagine this will be one of WWE's major problems going forward. They will have to make some kind of box to send out to people that will carry the network. They can make it small like Apple TV, make it free and be able to connect to a CAT cable or go WiFi.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #5831 (permalink)

I think you can get Chromecast (they gave these away for free at the WWE Network announcement but I think they are $35 or so). It's a USB plug in for your TV IIRC.

Roku boxes are a steal at $50 and comes with tons of free programming if you don't want to buy one just for the WWE Network.

I think the launch of WWE Network will be a success but more original programming and live wrestling events throughout the month will be necessary to maintain a large subscriber base in the long run.
Interested in Orioles HOFers and Adam Jones, Manny Machado, Wei Yin Chen, Markakis, Chris Davis and Dylan Bundy. Also like Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia!! It's hard to find but let me know if you see anything!
zachtruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #5832 (permalink)

I hope the WWE uses the network launch as a way to move the wrestling business FORWARD. They must evolve or they will lose some big time money.

Push the new blood, treat female wrestlers with respect, try to appeal to the Internet/hardcore fan, stop insulting the intelligence of the RAW viewer and HIRE SOME BETTER ANNOUNCERS!!!!!!!!!
Interested in Orioles HOFers and Adam Jones, Manny Machado, Wei Yin Chen, Markakis, Chris Davis and Dylan Bundy. Also like Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia!! It's hard to find but let me know if you see anything!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #5833 (permalink)

The reason this will work for WWE and not for most networks is because the amazingly large original material that WWE owns. They don't need to pay anyone to run old matches or PPV's they own it already. Buying WCW (for only 7Mil) was a brilliant move for Vince, not to put them out of business but for their library. The dvds about WCW Vince has put out has already earned him his money back. WCW has tons of hours or programming. I think stuff like legends house is only the beginning. Keep in mind WWE also runs a film company. The possibilities are endless and its all because Vince does not have to pay anyone to play essentially re-runs. Its a big deal to own the rights to your own stuff. Look at Jerry Seinfeld. He is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, because he gets paid everytime a re-run of Seinfeld is played. We don't even see him do anything new.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:08 PM   #5834 (permalink)

Is the network going to be charged to your cable bill or just a separate thing entirely?

Updated bucket: http://s41.photobucket.com/user/whodatnation9/library/
WhoDatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #5835 (permalink)

I think you pay for WWE Network by signing up directly at WWE.com or through the WWE phone app. No cable charges as far as I know.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #5836 (permalink)

I talked to my cable provider yesterday and they said to call back in 6 days and it would be charged through my cable bill. They said you don't need any special hookup or anything I hope they are right.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #5837 (permalink)

That would make it much easier to access for sure. I think it's a missed opportunity for WWE by not partnering with/heavy advertising for cable providers since this would benefit them both.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:29 PM   #5838 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachtruitt View Post
That would make it much easier to access for sure. I think it's a missed opportunity for WWE by not partnering with/heavy advertising for cable providers since this would benefit them both.
WWE Network FAQ | WWE.com

I actually don't think I can order through Comcast if I am reading this correctly, I think the customer service guy was wrong on the phone
Old 02-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #5839 (permalink)

I thought it was through WWE.com but I assumed the Comcast knew what he was talking about. Not surprised though...
Old 02-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #5840 (permalink)

Big Daddy V passed away today. 43 years old.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #5841 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nera20 View Post
WWE Network FAQ | WWE.com

I actually don't think I can order through Comcast if I am reading this correctly, I think the customer service guy was wrong on the phone
Yeah, you can't order through Comcast to get the WWE network. Once it is available of the morning of release date you can go to The Official Site of the WWE Universe | WWE.com and register for the network. You will be charged every month like Netflix does.

After the Elimination Chamber PPV, I probably won't be ordering another PPV from the forever. They have ripped me off for the last time.
3. WWE Topps 2010 or Platinum Printing Plate Autographs.
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #5842 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Very sad, but not surprising. He was a super large man.
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:43 AM   #5843 (permalink)

yeah wwe was smart not to let it go through the local cable company. modt people have a video game console or a smart phone, i need to get with the times. i hear if you already downloaded the wwe app your all set .

9.99 is a absolute steal for this. i will look into roku. also from what i understand is i can view all the content right on my computer screen . but not into that at all.i will however take advantage of the free week .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #5844 (permalink)

Quote:
I liked his King Mabel days the best. He could move very well for a bigger guy in his young days. Him and the Undertaker had some good matches in the 90's.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:54 PM   #5845 (permalink)

Quote:
I just seen this...so sad I loved him as Viscera and his entrance music was the #@#@#@#@!
Bader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #5846 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

The WWE Network will work just like Netflix or Amazon Prime. Internet connected devices only.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:24 PM   #5847 (permalink)

Sweet Jesus those pictures that Brie I believe, uploaded of some of the total divas in dey swimsuits on Instagram.

DAYUM. Natalya has more than good talent in the ring.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #5848 (permalink)

Sunday is going to be a big day. Gold medal game in hockey, episode six of True Detective, and the last WWE PPV!

Although I guess you Americans don't have to worry about the first one
Old 02-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #5849 (permalink)

The word around the camp fire is that this upcoming Monday night Raw is going to be stupid huge. Rumors: appearance of Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Hart, Undertaker and Sting.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #5850 (permalink)

Hulk Hogan Returns to WWE® - Yahoo Finance

WWE's stock hit an all time high today and this press release was made after the closing bell sending their shares even higher.

I think it is a brilliant move to bring Hogan in at this time.
dpeck100 is offline   Reply With Quote