Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #601 (permalink)

WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL was that Brodus Clay comeback?

uh... AWFUL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #602 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Best.....Debut.......EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Funkasaurus 3:16!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #603 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BigpapiManny#1

Did anyone else here the rumors of the Hardcore championship coming back?
BigpapiManny#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #604 (permalink)

WTF is with this Jericho BS?! He comes out two weeks in a row and says nothing. All after my friends were telling me that The Undertaker was coming back last week and even when I saw the promo it looked like a Taker promo and ending up being Jericho.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #605 (permalink)

Also, the writing these days is pathetic. I dont know why they dont have more exciting story lines. I am 25 and my generation of wrestling as a kid was by far the best, seems like they will never get back to those days.

Last edited by chrisjames105; 01-10-2012 at 04:40 PM.
chrisjames105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #606 (permalink)

ESPN's financial expert Michele Steele tweeted on Tuesday that John Cena was worth $106 million in retail value to WWE in 2011.

No further details were given to explain Cena's direct impact on WWE's business. It is speculated that the figure likely includes John Cena merchandise and an estimate of Cena's impact on PPV buyrates, live event ticket sales and advertising revenue from WWE programming that features Cena.

When you see this number it puts in perspective when we hear about WWE's hesitation over the years to make John Cena a clear cut bad guy because of the worry they would lose money on him
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #607 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
ESPN's financial expert Michele Steele tweeted on Tuesday that John Cena was worth $106 million in retail value to WWE in 2011.

No further details were given to explain Cena's direct impact on WWE's business. It is speculated that the figure likely includes John Cena merchandise and an estimate of Cena's impact on PPV buyrates, live event ticket sales and advertising revenue from WWE programming that features Cena.

When you see this number it puts in perspective when we hear about WWE's hesitation over the years to make John Cena a clear cut bad guy because of the worry they would lose money on him
I honestly don't think it'd be impossible to replicate similar or equal numbers if he were to turn heel. Those "Cena Sucks" t-shirts have sold extremely well so far, and if the younger audience were to get on to the t-shirts (which could happen with a heel turn) it could easily out-sell any other shirt in the WWE. A Cena heel turn would also raise buy-rates drastically (if only for a little while, still extra money on those ppv's.).

I figured Cena had brought a fair amount of money, but 106 million is insane. A heel turn would work both money and ratings wise, but I don't feel it'll happen. Too much money on the line, and seeing what Vince has done these past couple of years, he'll never take that big a risk.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #608 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I think the WWE lacks a true monster heel which Cena could easily and greatly fill that role. As Jays said, it would still generate $. But it would also provide an opportunity for the WWE to use Cena to elevate 1 or 2 guys to his level.

If they keep Cena a face, which I am sure they will, they really need to give him a better heel to work with. Kane, IMO, isn't going to cut it especially with the clown act they have him going on.Since Cena is such an over the top face, he needs to go against an unstoppable heel.
wscws2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #609 (permalink)

To bring back Kane with the mask again was foolish! WTF are they thinking? Going back and fourth with this dude, he was fine the way he was.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #610 (permalink)
Inactive Account

i don't have as much of an issue with the mask as the horrible storyline. I get it, Kane is filled with hatred, then just go and kick the crap out of Cena then. Don't cut a very slow, boring promo about what you are doing and don't pop up out of the ring or stalk Ryder and Eve. Big time clown shoes.
wscws2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #611 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjames105 View Post
To bring back Kane with the mask again was foolish! WTF are they thinking? Going back and fourth with this dude, he was fine the way he was.
Its not that they brought him back with the mask, it's the way they brought him back with the mask. The old Kane (1997-2002) was a force to be reckoned with. He just destroyed everybody!

Now all Kane does is deliver boring promos and stalk weak, unrelevent wrestlers.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #612 (permalink)

Quote:
Its not that they brought him back with the mask, it's the way they brought him back with the mask. The old Kane (1997-2002) was a force to be reckoned with. He just destroyed everybody!

Now all Kane does is deliver boring promos and stalk weak, unrelevent wrestlers.
Yeah. I dont even like the new mask and outfit they should have at least brought back the original attire. Him stalking Ryder is so weak they have got to be kidding me. My friend was trying to get me back into WWE but after seeing this Kane BS and the Jericho BS I cannot keep watching.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #613 (permalink)

Quote:
I honestly don't think it'd be impossible to replicate similar or equal numbers if he were to turn heel. Those "Cena Sucks" t-shirts have sold extremely well so far, and if the younger audience were to get on to the t-shirts (which could happen with a heel turn) it could easily out-sell any other shirt in the WWE. A Cena heel turn would also raise buy-rates drastically (if only for a little while, still extra money on those ppv's.).

I figured Cena had brought a fair amount of money, but 106 million is insane. A heel turn would work both money and ratings wise, but I don't feel it'll happen. Too much money on the line, and seeing what Vince has done these past couple of years, he'll never take that big a risk.
I think the best way to boost his face merchandise is to give him a 2 month push as a heel before coming back better than ever as a face
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 01-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #614 (permalink)

Personally I think the "Funkasarus" rules! Similar to The Godfather gimmick in my opinion, and I liked The Godfather, so The Funkasarus is cool with me.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #615 (permalink)

After speaking with sources, WZ can confirm that WrestleMania 29 is going to take place at MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Giants and Jets football teams.
This will be the first time this venue has held a professional wrestling event. WrestleMania 29 will also beat the NFL to the punch of having a major event there because WrestleMania 29 will take place in late March or early April of 2013 and the NFL is going to hold the Super Bowl there in February of 2014.
This is reportedly a huge success for Vince McMahon as he is wanting to hold the first big event at MetLife stadium and set an attendance record before the Super Bowl takes place there. Sources said McMahon had a big smile on his face for getting WrestleMania 29 at MetLife Stadium.
WrestleMania 29 taking place at MetLife Stadium will also give the New York market a WrestleMania which has some significance because WrestleMania 30 is not going to be held in New York's Madison Sqaure Garden as tradition would have it. WrestleMania 30 is going to take place at the Dallas Cowboys stadium located in Arlington, Texas.
WrestleMania 30 will not be at MSG because WWE wants to stick with only having WrestleMania at stadiums from here on out. Madison Square Garden is expected to continue to get big pay-per-views like it did with Survivor Series this past year.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #616 (permalink)

Quote:
After speaking with sources, WZ can confirm that WrestleMania 29 is going to take place at MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Giants and Jets football teams.
This will be the first time this venue has held a professional wrestling event. WrestleMania 29 will also beat the NFL to the punch of having a major event there because WrestleMania 29 will take place in late March or early April of 2013 and the NFL is going to hold the Super Bowl there in February of 2014.
This is reportedly a huge success for Vince McMahon as he is wanting to hold the first big event at MetLife stadium and set an attendance record before the Super Bowl takes place there. Sources said McMahon had a big smile on his face for getting WrestleMania 29 at MetLife Stadium.
WrestleMania 29 taking place at MetLife Stadium will also give the New York market a WrestleMania which has some significance because WrestleMania 30 is not going to be held in New York's Madison Sqaure Garden as tradition would have it. WrestleMania 30 is going to take place at the Dallas Cowboys stadium located in Arlington, Texas.
WrestleMania 30 will not be at MSG because WWE wants to stick with only having WrestleMania at stadiums from here on out. Madison Square Garden is expected to continue to get big pay-per-views like it did with Survivor Series this past year.
I refuse to believe this until an official WWE press release comes out. I hope this is just speculation. But I imagine this is true and Vince will avoid Canada again.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #617 (permalink)

I've read and heard that the fact that Edge is getting in to the HOF this year is a clear sign that it will NOT be in Canada next year.

Had it been in Toronto next year, they would have waited to induct him and put in Trish Stratus as well...

WM 30 in Dallas, they want to go for 100k+ fans, induct Austin into the HOF and have Undertaker's retirement match.
Heard rumblings of a Lesnar match as well, but that could happen next year...

Least that is what I hear....
jmarascojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #618 (permalink)

What exactly can wrestlers say on the mic? I thought "crap" was a word they could say, yet Daniel Bryan keeps repeating everything is a "load of dung. A load of dung". I dont get where Vince is going. Cm punk calls johnny ace a bitch, yet Bryan can't say crap on air.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #619 (permalink)

Sin City Smackdown= Ryback return?
Old 01-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #620 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BigpapiManny#1

I just turned on Smackdown, Divas match, First of all, that Irish Whip was the worst thing Ive ever seen. Second, I flip over to watch King of the Hill for a second and the match is over! WTF! If Divas arent going to be talented or cared for then bring back Torrie Wilson and have her prance around in a bikini for a bit.
BigpapiManny#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #621 (permalink)

Why can't they just use Royal Rumble qualifiers instead of all of these stupid matches and endings? Much better than announcing them online.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #622 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarascojr View Post
I've read and heard that the fact that Edge is getting in to the HOF this year is a clear sign that it will NOT be in Canada next year.

Had it been in Toronto next year, they would have waited to induct him and put in Trish Stratus as well...

WM 30 in Dallas, they want to go for 100k+ fans, induct Austin into the HOF and have Undertaker's retirement match.
Heard rumblings of a Lesnar match as well, but that could happen next year...

Least that is what I hear....
Austin is already in the Hall of Fame. Other than that, I'm hearing the same rumblings and rumors.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:29 AM   #623 (permalink)

Quote:
I hope this is true. If it is I will be saving up to go.
Greengoblin782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #624 (permalink)

Ryback is back at house shows. I wonder if he shows up for Sin City Smackdown after all of his tweets about it.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #625 (permalink)

So why is there a gay "celebrity" who takes a nickname of Perez Hilton famous for a blog outing other gay celebrities supposed to be the guest ref for the divas match on Raw? He better be the next victim of the Funkasaurus.