Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #6301 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
There is absolutely no way that Hunter is shaking Bryan's hand after losing to him. It would completely shatter the entire storyline. Second of all, not even the mighty John Cena would get booked to go over all of Evolution clean in one night. It would look ridiculous. However, if by some slim chance it does happen, I'll have to keep myself from throwing things into the ring.
I absolutely agree. It would kill the entire 8 month story. But I also don't see HHH taking the loss as the heel and not getting his even Steven come-upance, over Bryan.
So, this either means HHH will intefere with the 3-way, or he'll go for the handshake and get the sympathy pop. What I'm getting at is that if there is no handshake after the match, then it's a written in stone guarantee that HHH is interfering in the 3-way match.

As for winning clean, I think there will be an attempt for shenanigans, but Bryan's ringside "enforcer" (most likely Vince) will handle it while Bryan is getting the clean pin in the ring. I'm also assuming that the attempted shenanigans will set up an Orton / Authority feud leading into Summer Slam, with Randy claiming that the Authority cost him the title.
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:05 AM   #6302 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine View Post
What's up with that guy...Alexander Rusev
i dont know but this is now the third week in a row where he comes out with that broad and starts speaking in some other language ......... no one know what the f**k he is trying to say ........ and then he disapears ? he doesnt even wrestle ? what a complete waste of time . it hasnt done a damn thing to help his character ...... they do the same thing week after week ........
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:59 AM   #6303 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieHustle View Post
I absolutely agree. It would kill the entire 8 month story. But I also don't see HHH taking the loss as the heel and not getting his even Steven come-upance, over Bryan.
So, this either means HHH will intefere with the 3-way, or he'll go for the handshake and get the sympathy pop. What I'm getting at is that if there is no handshake after the match, then it's a written in stone guarantee that HHH is interfering in the 3-way match.

As for winning clean, I think there will be an attempt for shenanigans, but Bryan's ringside "enforcer" (most likely Vince) will handle it while Bryan is getting the clean pin in the ring. I'm also assuming that the attempted shenanigans will set up an Orton / Authority feud leading into Summer Slam, with Randy claiming that the Authority cost him the title.
I see what you're getting at, and I 100% agree that HHH is screwing Bryan in the championship match after taking a loss. Hell, I could even see Mania closing with all of Evolution standing tall over Bryan. The money is with him chasing the title as the underdog. Once you hand it over to him, people will realize what a boring character he really is. They're going to milk him because it's "what's best for business".

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #6304 (permalink)

Rusev and Big E could have some great matches. Rusev, Big E, Emma, Cesaro, the Wyatt Family, etc. can all wrestle very well and their time in NXT has allowed them to evolve as characters.

WWE sorely lacks any acknowledgement of a wrestler's past and treats the viewer like they are a brain damaged eight-year-old. Like how Orton is the first "undisputed champion" in WWE history. Hey Vince/writing committee, remember Chris Jericho?
Interested in Orioles HOFers and Adam Jones, Manny Machado, Wei Yin Chen, Markakis, Chris Davis and Dylan Bundy. Also like Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia!! It's hard to find but let me know if you see anything!
zachtruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #6305 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachtruitt View Post
Rusev and Big E could have some great matches. Rusev, Big E, Emma, Cesaro, the Wyatt Family, etc. can all wrestle very well and their time in NXT has allowed them to evolve as characters.

WWE sorely lacks any acknowledgement of a wrestler's past and treats the viewer like they are a brain damaged eight-year-old. Like how Orton is the first "undisputed champion" in WWE history. Hey Vince/writing committee, remember Chris Jericho?
I think they do that with the gimmicks to help evolve the chars. I don't know why they are saying Orton is the first undisputed champ. I don't like how people chant the names of wrestlers past gimmicks. Like when Bray first came out people chanted husky harris? That's stupid, the Bray char is much better than the husky harris char. Think of all the great 2nd gimmick's that were by far better than the first, Kevin Nash, OZ in WCW, Diesel in WWF (I know he had a few gimmicks in WCW) Hall, diamond stud in WCW, Razor in WWF, even Undertaker was someone else in WCW before WWF. Imagine people screaming out undertaker's WCW name when he first appeared at Survivor series. Wrestling fans now don't understand that it is entertainment, just enjoy the matches and who cares what someone used to be called. Ok that's my rant for the day.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #6306 (permalink)

Exactly!! I HATE the Husky Harris chants! Someone give the idiot in the crowd a gold star for knowing he used to wrestle under another name!

You are dead on that a character needs time to develop and allow the performer to find a persona that suits them. Your examples are all good ones and shows that crowds need to take things at face value.

Did anyone see Bray's promo from this week's RAW? He EVISCERATED Cena and all Cena can say is blah blah Margaritaville, Jack!! blah blah rocking chair blah blah. If Cena had shown genuine fear or hesitation instead of his usual garbage, it would raise the stakes for WM30 and allow them BOTH to grow as characters.
Interested in Orioles HOFers and Adam Jones, Manny Machado, Wei Yin Chen, Markakis, Chris Davis and Dylan Bundy. Also like Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia!! It's hard to find but let me know if you see anything!
zachtruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #6307 (permalink)

Quote:
maybe ric flair will make his wwe return ..
and turn on db ..
then the reunited evolution stands tall at the end of wm30 ---

somehow triple h can also get his dx buddies in there too - the outlaws recapture the tag belts
im busy w nonhobby stuff .. will get to pms
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #6308 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
maybe ric flair will make his wwe return ..
and turn on db ..
then the reunited evolution stands tall at the end of wm30 ---

somehow triple h can also get his dx buddies in there too - the outlaws recapture the tag belts
unfortunately I can see that happening. but here's another possible outcome:

any chance punk comes back to be in d-bry's corner and turns on him because he wants the spotlight?

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/jataman2612/
jataman2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #6309 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jataman2612 View Post
unfortunately I can see that happening. but here's another possible outcome:

any chance punk comes back to be in d-bry's corner and turns on him because he wants the spotlight?
IF Punk comes back, he's not coming back until after Mania. Imagine if it was the night after Mania on Raw...that place would explode.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #6310 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
I see what you're getting at, and I 100% agree that HHH is screwing Bryan in the championship match after taking a loss. Hell, I could even see Mania closing with all of Evolution standing tall over Bryan. The money is with him chasing the title as the underdog. Once you hand it over to him, people will realize what a boring character he really is. They're going to milk him because it's "what's best for business".
I mostly agree. And if this were any other show, other than WM30, I would agree that Evolution would be standing tall over Bryan, in a screwball finish. However, with the importance of "Wrestlemania moments", I dont think WWE is going to let the opportunity slip away to have 70,000 fans chanting YES! while DBry stands tall with the title. It's too good of a moment to let pass. It's something they can replay for years and years to come, like the Hogan/Rock staredown, or Shawn Michaels jumping off the ladder.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:11 PM   #6311 (permalink)

Isn't Raw in Texas in a few weeks or next week?! I'm not sure, but I figure they have to bring HBK back - he is always involved pre-WrestleMania. Sorry, I only watch wrestling for HBK or Ziggler - otherwise I fast forward.
kl4life2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #6312 (permalink)

Quote:
I mostly agree. And if this were any other show, other than WM30, I would agree that Evolution would be standing tall over Bryan, in a screwball finish. However, with the importance of "Wrestlemania moments", I dont think WWE is going to let the opportunity slip away to have 70,000 fans chanting YES! while DBry stands tall with the title. It's too good of a moment to let pass. It's something they can replay for years and years to come, like the Hogan/Rock staredown, or Shawn Michaels jumping off the ladder.
I agree, they care more about selling shirts and Bryan winning the belt and doing the yes chant will sell shirts. Just think of the Bryan merchandise possibilities, shirts, fake beards, bobble heads, action figures of Bryan with the titles. The possibilities of a new marketable wrestler is what the WWE finds to keep their company alive. So i don't knock them to hard.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:13 PM   #6313 (permalink)

HHH putting himself into the title match if he wins, interesting...
ce99dj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #6314 (permalink)

So a guarantee triple threat match at WrestleMania?
tannercbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #6315 (permalink)

wow HHH really just put himself in the main event? I really am not surprised.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #6316 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
wow HHH really just put himself in the main event? I really am not surprised.
He will probably win as he has a big ego.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #6317 (permalink)

Anyone know what the announcement about the WWE Network is?
Old 03-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #6318 (permalink)

Would the Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker or HHH ever say they are afraid of an opponent?

This is why real fans hate you John...
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #6319 (permalink)

Currently watching on PVR. Ugh, sure hope it is Bryan that gets the nod a WM. Would hate for WrestleMania 30 to be a night about a washed up self-obsessed 40-something looking for one last ride.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #6320 (permalink)

With how weak they have made Orton look, theres a small chance he is walking out of WM still the champ.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #6321 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyster66 View Post
With how weak they have made Orton look, theres a small chance he is walking out of WM still the champ.
I hope so...
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #6322 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyster66 View Post
I think Orton is very over rated. He would be a great IC champ but not a world champ. He has a good look but i think his in ring skills are a bit dull.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:27 PM   #6323 (permalink)

Quote:
I think Orton is very over rated. He would be a great IC champ but not a world champ. He has a good look but i think his in ring skills are a bit dull.
If his in ring skills garner an IC belt then Batista should be women's champ based on his.

Updated bucket: http://s41.photobucket.com/user/whodatnation9/library/
WhoDatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #6324 (permalink)

Quote:
I think in ring he is excellent - it's just the styles now are punch, punch, kick, kick... build up to finish, execute win or miss and lose.

They don't have many old style matches anymore - it's just hit your spots, over and over and over
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #6325 (permalink)

Whats the main event ?

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote