Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #6451 (permalink)

Right now people who are going to the matches and buying Bryan's T-shirts are the people the WWE is listening to and they should. You need money to run a company period. I guess you will never be able to please everyone, but the reality is the debate over Bryan is pointless because once the shield breaks up we will see an enormous push for Reigns. Reigns has it all and should be the future, he and Bray can have some great WM main event matches in the future and that is what I am looking forward to.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #6452 (permalink)

There is alot of potential in the WWE is right now and they need time to build things up, there is alot of boring things going on right now, but they need time to transition some of these guys. Daniel Bryan's gimmick is boring but the crowds feed on it so its not going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #6453 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namttip View Post
I think there is some sort of irony in that statement...
+1

That guy loves him some oily triple h muscles.
sesmarine04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #6454 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
I've never been more apathetic about an upcoming WrestleMania

maybe its just sign that im just not interested in WWE anymore. Theres just not anything "must see" anymore. I hate to be one of "those guys" but I don't think ill be interested unless they branch back out to tv-14 territory

I haven't watched an entire RAW from start to end in months. About to only thing ill be ready to tune in is the build up and interactions between Sting and Undertaker for WM31

it feels like that period from around 1994-1996
You're in for a long haul then... with the Scooby movie - enough toys to have their own toy store, and the animated series - they aren't going that way anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjim8660 View Post
Right now people who are going to the matches and buying Bryan's T-shirts are the people the WWE is listening to and they should. You need money to run a company period. I guess you will never be able to please everyone, but the reality is the debate over Bryan is pointless because once the shield breaks up we will see an enormous push for Reigns. Reigns has it all and should be the future, he and Bray can have some great WM main event matches in the future and that is what I am looking forward to.
Rarely do I side with your thought 100% - but you are very spot on most of the time. HHH having the belt does nothing for business. DB will sell junk with the belt, however long it is.

Reigns is a ways out or should be... the best over they could do is have Lensar go over some controversial way for Taker - build him as this huge monster that destroys everyone once a month - gets the title and isn't on the show still once a month until mania (they don't do anything with the title anyway) - then have Reigns go over big on Brock at Mania. Treat Brock as a Andre type - special attraction that you only get to see once in awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nera20 View Post
There is alot of potential in the WWE is right now and they need time to build things up, there is alot of boring things going on right now, but they need time to transition some of these guys. Daniel Bryan's gimmick is boring but the crowds feed on it so its not going anywhere anytime soon.
There is - but it's almost like HHH is reverting back to the clique mentality that sparked the NWO, but destroyed WCW. Hence why Hall is in this year... Wasn't it this time last year or two years ago that Ziggler was over so much - same with Sandow. Seems like there is an undertow they don't want another CM Punk on their hands that they can't control.

Reigns is lucky since if they screw him over they don't get access to the Rock.

They really need three shows - NXT - JV - Raw... Treat it almost like clubs that you can work your way up or down the card or show by performance.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #6455 (permalink)

Regins vs. Lesnar would be EPIC and I don't use that word casually.

NXT is, at this time, the best wrestling show produced by any company (ROH is 2nd). NXT is where women can actually wrestle and aren't stupid/in love/valets, characters are given time to develop and fans seem to ENJOY wrestling. What a concept!!!
Interested in Orioles HOFers and Adam Jones, Manny Machado, Wei Yin Chen, Markakis, Chris Davis and Dylan Bundy. Also like Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia!! It's hard to find but let me know if you see anything!
zachtruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #6456 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachtruitt View Post
Regins vs. Lesnar would be EPIC and I don't use that word casually.

NXT is, at this time, the best wrestling show produced by any company (ROH is 2nd). NXT is where women can actually wrestle and aren't stupid/in love/valets, characters are given time to develop and fans seem to ENJOY wrestling. What a concept!!!
Rock Vs Brock is the next super match for Lesnar being rumored.

Reigns has a ways to go before he's ready for that kind of spot. I think he gets a major push very soon though. Well see....
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #6457 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Rock Vs Brock is the next super match for Lesnar being rumored.

Reigns has a ways to go before he's ready for that kind of spot. I think he gets a major push very soon though. Well see....
I was just thinking / reading that also - which makes perfect sense as that is where you could setup Reigns. Get a rub with Rock then a year later go over Brock. Then put the strap on him - hell this @#$% writes itself.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Old 04-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #6458 (permalink)

It's funny that this thread has developed at least 5 or 6 story lines that destroy most of what the "professionals" in the WWE writing room have come up with in the last three years.
Funny or pathetic? I don't know which.
Interested in Orioles HOFers and Adam Jones, Manny Machado, Wei Yin Chen, Markakis, Chris Davis and Dylan Bundy. Also like Oakland Raiders HOFers along with Rich Gannon. I am always looking for any Eastern Shore League (1920's to 1947) baseball memorabilia!! It's hard to find but let me know if you see anything!
Old 04-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #6459 (permalink)

Quote:
It's funny that this thread has developed at least 5 or 6 story lines that destroy most of what the "professionals" in the WWE writing room have come up with in the last three years.
Funny haha....? or funny stupid!
Old 04-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #6460 (permalink)

Somewhere in between those two, I think.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #6461 (permalink)

Quote:
Its pretty cool actually and some of the writers for WWE should take note, there are some very knowledgable wrestling fans on here and its fun to read this thread.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #6462 (permalink)

I agree! There are some very unique and fresh views here and I enjoy the back and forth.

Wrestling is inherently stupid and ridiculous but analyzing it and discussing the story lines/characters is fascinating to me. It's thinking critically about a thing that was never meant to be taken seriously. There's something wonderful about that.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #6463 (permalink)

Anyone see the betting odds for WM30? AJ is heavily favored in the Divas Royal though in my opinion Natalya is winning it.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #6464 (permalink)

If you guys want weekly wrestling recaps check out Sports | UPROXX

Brandon Stroud does a weekly Best and Worst of Raw and also recaps the PPV's. There is also Smackdown and TNA coverage weekly as well. They have a good comment section too.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:18 PM   #6465 (permalink)

Quote:
If you guys want weekly wrestling recaps check out Sports | UPROXX

Brandon Stroud does a weekly Best and Worst of Raw and also recaps the PPV's. There is also Smackdown and TNA coverage weekly as well. They have a good comment section too.
Live Audio Wrestling is pretty solid - as well as Metzler and Alavarez. I use to listen to those to in the early EYada days.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #6466 (permalink)

Awesome, I'll check that out too, thanks man.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #6467 (permalink)

Quote:
Awesome, I'll check that out too, thanks man.
News > LAW - Fight Network

WON/F4W - WWE news, Pro Wrestling News, WWE Results, UFC News, UFC results
Old 04-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #6468 (permalink)

Stealing this one from the other thread in the racing/golf section. Looks like I have a new page to bookmark.

WWEShop.com: Memorabilia, from the Official Home of WWE Merchandise
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #6469 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyster66 View Post
Anyone see the betting odds for WM30? AJ is heavily favored in the Divas Royal though in my opinion Natalya is winning it.
natalya lost to summer ... imo her time passed .. a bella wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Stealing this one from the other thread in the racing/golf section. Looks like I have a new page to bookmark.

WWEShop.com: Memorabilia, from the Official Home of WWE Merchandise
did u see the auction link on the left -- has batista torn skinny jeans
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #6470 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
and anyone know how much wrestlemania is on ppv ?
Why are you even considering buying it on PPV when you can just subscribe to WWE Network?
Old 04-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #6471 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fucgoof View Post
Why are you even considering buying it on PPV when you can just subscribe to WWE Network?
So he can laugh at all of us when the Network craps the bed during Mania.
Deeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #6472 (permalink)

Illegal streaming the crap out of WM30.

Oh And Stone Cold still believes Punk is coming back at WM.

Personally, I would love to see it happen, but the only logical way that it could happen is: Bryan beats HHH, goes onto the Triple Threat, about to win, down comes HHH and Kane possibly, both about to cost Bryan the match, Punk comes out and makes the Save(note:Also gets to at least touch the main event.), Bryan hits running knee on Batista or Orton, Bryan wins, Bryan and Punk celebrate "Eddie and Benoit" style.

But that's the only logical way.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #6473 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh And Stone Cold still believes Punk is coming back at WM.
I think Punk comes out the next night on Raw.
Music hits, nobody comes out for a while, crowd gets restless, then Punk comes out, crowd goes nuts, he hits the ring and destroys Daniel Bryan for a monster heel turn.
If Punk doesn't come back at Raw, he'll come back for Royal Rumble 2015, if he doesn't come back then, he's never coming back.
CharlieHustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #6474 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieHustle View Post
I think Punk comes out the next night on Raw.
Music hits, nobody comes out for a while, crowd gets restless, then Punk comes out, crowd goes nuts, he hits the ring and destroys Daniel Bryan for a monster heel turn.
If Punk doesn't come back at Raw, he'll come back for Royal Rumble 2015, if he doesn't come back then, he's never coming back.
This is also one of the small options they could do. But with the wwe taking him off of the Flinstones WWE movie thing and the WWE camp thing I'm thinking he could be gone for good.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #6475 (permalink)

Quote:
This is also one of the small options they could do. But with the wwe taking him off of the Flinstones WWE movie thing and the WWE camp thing I'm thinking he could be gone for good.
You've hit the nail on the head there - they would never interfere with the opportunity to make money by take him out of a movie and pub just for a story line.

They wouldn't have thrown such junk under-card together just to have a serve at the end - that is very Russo / Bischoff / TNA move. Him jumping out really messed with how they were positioning the card.

On another note - Mania is 4 hours - there are two battle royales (with cheese), Taker v Lesnar, HHH v DB, Cena v Bray, triple threat, and the six man Shield match... No tag team... am I missing a match. Seems very weak with only seven matches for four hours.