Blowout Cards Forums
Shop for NFL Draft Class of 2014 Nike Jerseys and New Era Draft Caps at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #1076 (permalink)

Jericho asked the ref what happened to Wade, awful match all around. Another botch for Big Show as well on the codebreaker
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #1077 (permalink)

Glad I stopped watching the very end , Lack luster night tonight
Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #1078 (permalink)

This Raw could've been one of the best in a while. They completely f[_]cked up tonight.

Did Vincent secretly sign Vince Russo as head script writer for two nights?
Old 02-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #1079 (permalink)

i think wade barrett broke his arm
Old 02-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #1080 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingbrian View Post
i think wade barrett broke his arm
At first it looked like Ziggler had gotten the worst of the fall, but Barrett's injury seemed legit and worse. Hope it isnt broken, hopefully something less serious. After Lawler said "this is no joke" it got me thinking he might be gone for a while. Crap.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:35 PM   #1081 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
At first it looked like Ziggler had gotten the worst of the fall, but Barrett's injury seemed legit and worse. Hope it isnt broken, hopefully something less serious. After Lawler said "this is no joke" it got me thinking he might be gone for a while. Crap.
yeah, i knew it was real when the camera didnt show them or showed multiple replays. hate to see injuries and mistakes
Old 02-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #1082 (permalink)

Ziggler took a nasty bump. I'll be surprised if he isn't hurt bad. Saw them putting the inflatable cast on Barrett- likely broken arm.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 AM   #1083 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsol27 View Post
What the hell are they playing?
metallica- the memory remains on the reload album I believe.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #1084 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't get why Taker says him and HHH are the last of the Attitude Era. There's still Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Mark Henry, Christian, etc. not to mention bubba ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley, RVD, and a few others in TNA. Still a few more left, Taker
Im still trying to figure out just how old/young you are, especially after a post like this.

I mean yes..i guess technically your right....

but even so,the Attitude Era lasted 5.5 years:

Big Show didnt make his WWE debut until February 99..so slightly 2 years
Rey Mysterio was still in WCW during the whole thing (didnt debut until 2002)
Chris Jericho came in later than Big Show (June 99)
Mark Henry was there...but he didnt do a damn thing until Nation of Domination for 2 years from 98-00.
Even Christian didnt come on until 98..so hed be the most credible i guess, but the Brood didnt start off hot, was him and Edge

So...technically he was right...both him and HHH are the only "original" Attitude Era wrestlers left

and i dont even know where to start with your Dudleys and RVD reference
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #1085 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
Im still trying to figure out just how old/young you are, especially after a post like this.

I mean yes..i guess technically your right....

but even so,the Attitude Era lasted 5.5 years:

Big Show didnt make his WWE debut until February 99..so slightly 2 years
Rey Mysterio was still in WCW during the whole thing (didnt debut until 2002)
Chris Jericho came in later than Big Show (June 99)
Mark Henry was there...but he didnt do a damn thing until Nation of Domination for 2 years from 98-00.

Even Christian didnt come on until 98..so hed be the most credible i guess, but the Brood didnt start off hot, was him and Edge

So...technically he was right...both him and HHH are the only "original" Attitude Era wrestlers left

and i dont even know where to start with your Dudleys and RVD reference
I guess I'd better explain my thinking. I was listing wrestlers from that time period in pro
wrestling (see Dudleys and rvd). I also thought Mysterio left WCW for WWE. Guess not!

Chris Jericho and the Big Show (and somewhat Henry and Christian), however, are still 2 men from the attitude era, both of which had a substantial (or memorable) impact during that time frame.

In a sense, Taker was right. He and HHH are the only "original" AE wrestlers left (even though by his standards of wrestling one match a year a case could be made for the Rock). There are still WWE wrestlers, however, that were big back in 99-01, like Jericho and Show, that are still wrestling full-time.

Let's not forget Kane either. He was pretty big back in the Attitude Era and is still wrestling a full-schedule (I believe he's still working house shows). I think I just found a flaw in Takers speech. Yippee

Last edited by GoJays; 02-21-2012 at 02:17 AM.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:09 AM   #1086 (permalink)

Quote:
I guess I'd better explain my thinking. I was listing wrestlers from that time period in pro
wrestling (see Dudleys and rvd). I also thought Mysterio left WCW for WWE. Guess not!

Chris Jericho and the Big Show (and somewhat Henry and Christian), however, are still 2 men from the attitude era, both of which had a substantial (or memorable) impact during that time frame.

In a sense, Taker was right. He and HHH are the only "original" AE wrestlers left (even though by his standards of wrestling one match a year a case could be made for the Rock). There are still WWE wrestlers, however, that were big back in 99-01, like Jericho and Show, that are still wrestling full-time.

Let's not forget Kane either. He was pretty big back in the Attitude Era and is still wrestling a full-schedule (I believe he's still working house shows). I think I just found a flaw in Takers speech. Yippee
I get what your tryingto say here...but i guess you didnt read my post.

The Attitude Era started in 1995 through 2001.

How can you even remotely say that people who debuted for the company in the last 2 years of the era as having "substantial" or meaningful contributions to the era?

Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Undertaker, Rock, Hardy Boyz, HHH, Goldust, Owen Hart, Mankind/Mick Foley, Outlaws, X-Pac, Godfather were all there from the beginning and at least through 99/some 00. THESE guys started and had major contributions/memorable storylines...

Yes, Big Show and Chris Jericho were big names who came in and were popular..and they had some memorable storylines...but like i said, coming in the last few years of the "era" doesnt really qualify as being part of said era.

Like i said even though Mark Henry was there, he was nothing more than a sideshow..then he got injured. Then in 1998 he joined the Nation and did a little something..before getting demoted to develepmental again.

And Christian, the Brood was midcard at best and didnt really do anything..other than the Undertaker Ministry gig. Even then, they were just kinda there. Him and Edge took off together to end the era with the tag team division kicking ass.

I will give you Kane as your right about him...but i still associate Big Show and Chris Jericho with WCW way more than i do the Attitude Era.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #1087 (permalink)

Dislocated elbow for Wade according to WZ. 6 week of recovery then, or tape it up good and have a smaller role at Wrestlemania?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 02-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #1088 (permalink)

6-8 weeks for Wade
Old 02-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #1089 (permalink)

Live Smackdown in 5 minutes. Gonna suck without Barrett, but hopefully Big Zeke will get a fight and it'll all be fixed
Old 02-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #1090 (permalink)

Quote:
Live Smackdown in 5 minutes. Gonna suck without Barrett, but hopefully Big Zeke will get a fight and it'll all be fixed
Live, or 15 minutes late live?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #1091 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Live, or 15 minutes late live?
Nope, tonight it's LIVE!!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #1092 (permalink)

What is this, following through on an angle from 7 months ago? Unheard of
Old 02-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #1093 (permalink)

Nice to see Zeke is getting a fight tonight. Shame it's against Otunga, but nice to see him getting some airtime.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #1094 (permalink)

Nice that Kofi's pyro was working tonight
Old 02-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #1095 (permalink)

Spitting cobra!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #1096 (permalink)

What the #@#@#@#@ was the annoying music they're playing during the HHH/Taker promo?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #1097 (permalink)

Quote:
What the #@#@#@#@ was the annoying music they're playing during the HHH/Taker promo?
+1, I couldn't figure out what the hell that was. Sounded Indian or something.

Maybe Khali will be inserted into the match
Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #1098 (permalink)

Quote:
+1, I couldn't figure out what the hell that was. Sounded Indian or something.

Maybe Khali will be inserted into the match
Yeah, throw him off the cell
Old 02-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #1099 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, throw him off the cell
I was hoping he'd end the streak, but either way it'd still be entertaining with Khali .
Old 02-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #1100 (permalink)

Cole destroying Lilian