Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #1201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
Jays and MN the Rock made a song for the two of you.
How so? We're both Rocky fans. He was addressing the Cena fans!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #1202 (permalink)

Rock still needed a telepromter at the end... It also seemed that he kept looking down at his podium during his songs. Cena's rap was very good and it only got a few minutes.
Phil 4:13
http://s1001.photobucket.com/home/shawnholmes2003/allalbums
mavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #1203 (permalink)

Whether he used a teleprompter or not, I guarantee he writes his own promos. Cena sounds so rehearsed every time he talks. Good for him that he doesn't need cue cards or a teleprompter, but he needs to work on his delivery skills because everyone older than 10 years old can tell he just memorized a bunch of lines that some 50 year old nerd writer wrote for him.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:25 AM   #1204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
Whether he used a teleprompter or not, I guarantee he writes his own promos. Cena sounds so rehearsed every time he talks. Good for him that he doesn't need cue cards or a teleprompter, but he needs to work on his delivery skills because everyone older than 10 years old can tell he just memorized a bunch of lines that some 50 year old nerd writer wrote for him.
It's been said by multiple people that Rock has his promos written by others. Cena comes up with his own stuff and is the best in business on the mic IMO.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #1205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan View Post
It's been said by multiple people that Rock has his promos written by others. Cena comes up with his own stuff and is the best in business on the mic IMO.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I think Cena is awful on the mic - one of the worst. He just sounds so disingenuous. His delivery is terrible. Cringe-inducing. It's no wonder that his movies fail - he is just not convincing. Cliche after cliche after cliche. It's the wrestling promo equivalent to a Tim Tebow post-game interview.

One thing is for sure though: Regardless of who's side you're on, it's made for interesting TV over the past few weeks.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #1206 (permalink)

brainwash much
Old 03-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #1207 (permalink)

I'll say this about The Rock's concert and WWE creative: I had very low expectations for the Rock tonight, he really came through. I knew it'd be 20 minutes long, I didn't expect to actually be listening for the whole segment. Kudos to Rocky for keeping the people entertained. Nice job by Cena as well. Wasn't expecting him to come out to "Basic Thuganomics". Good call by creative.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #1208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingbrian View Post
brainwash much
I don't know if this comment was directed at me, but I really don't care enough about a scripted "sport" to get into an argument about it. It's not anything I take seriously enough to fight over.

I don't have a dog in the fight either. I haven't actively watched wrestling since like 2002. I just watch it here and there nowadays. Certainly not enough to be "brainwashed" over it. I have been able to form a less than favorable opinion of Cena based off what I've seen over the last few years. But I'm not a huge Rock fan either, I'm an old-school Hogan fan. God, wrestling was so much better back in the '80s. Or maybe it just seemed that way since I was 10 years old.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #1209 (permalink)
Inactive Account

personally..I say kudos to both of them. Cena was still wearing his wristbands...god I hate those. But they are slowing taking Cena off his leash and letting him be a bad ass dude which I know he can be.
wscws2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #1210 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
I don't know if this comment was directed at me, but I really don't care enough about a scripted "sport" to get into an argument about it. It's not anything I take seriously enough to fight over.

I don't have a dog in the fight either. I haven't actively watched wrestling since like 2002. I just watch it here and there nowadays. Certainly not enough to be "brainwashed" over it. I have been able to form a less than favorable opinion of Cena based off what I've seen over the last few years. But I'm not a huge Rock fan either, I'm an old-school Hogan fan. God, wrestling was so much better back in the '80s. Or maybe it just seemed that way since I was 10 years old.
You ain't kiddin brother...nothing beats 80s wrastlin...and Hogan > Rock,Cena, any wrestler/entertainer ever since except for maybe Man Mountain Rock..man I popped hard for that guy
Old 03-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #1211 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Just read this on another site...part of my prediction is coming true

- One of the plans for John Cena vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 28 would see interference from another WWE Superstar towards the end of the match. This isn't confirmed but speculation is that The Miz may interfere.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #1212 (permalink)

HHH, being somehow screwed of his Wrestlemania moment by HBK earlier in the night, comes out and pedigrees both Rock and Cena, pinning them both to seize his elusive WM moment.

You heard it here first sports fans, it's gonna be a stinker of a WM.....
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isn’t that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #1213 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
HHH, being somehow screwed of his Wrestlemania moment by HBK earlier in the night, comes out and pedigrees both Rock and Cena, pinning them both to seize his elusive WM moment.

You heard it here first sports fans, it's gonna be a stinker of a WM.....
The sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. Knowing how big of an ass HHH is, and how he only cares about himself and Shawn, I wouldn't be shocked if he took away someone else's WrestleMania moment to put himself over.

And we're not sports/wrestling fans, we're "sports entertainment"/"wwe universe" members
Old 03-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #1214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
How so? We're both Rocky fans. He was addressing the Cena fans!
My mistake bud I thought you were part of Cenation.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #1215 (permalink)

Man, these terrible predictions (however true) are really acting as a buzzkill for me going to WM in a couple weeks. I hope Taker wins fair and square, and though I don't like Cena, I would love to see him beat the movie star in his home town.
sesmarine04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #1216 (permalink)
Inactive Account

I would love to see a clean win either way but I just don't see how they can do it. You can't take the face of your company and have him lose such a huge match and I don't see how Rock's ego could take a hit losing to Kung Pao whatever he calls him. Plus Rock needs to sell tickets to his movies.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #1217 (permalink)

OR........convinced it truly is "all about the game" HHH and HBK do indeed screw the Undertaker. As the crowd riots (see the old "If Cena wins, we riot" sign from One Night Stand) HHH and HBK are relatively safe inside the Hell in a Cell as only small objects get through. After half an hour of delays, they beeline to the back.

Crowd refocuses its attention on next match and then Rock/Cena. Near end of Rock/Cena....DX reemerges, HHH pedigrees both as special referee HBK counts both falls, second riot is only prevented by Rock and Cena teaming up to chase off DX....

sesmarine04....looking forward to your post-WM report from the carnage...
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isn’t that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #1218 (permalink)

Since Rock has already agreed to compete at next year's WM, it's entirely conceivable that he'll lose due to outside interference and will face the guy who interferes at next year's WM.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #1219 (permalink)

Both Cena and Rock get to be "same old, same old" after five minutes. Rock's use of teleprompter/big screen/notes takes away from his impact. I'm also getting tired of HBK/HHH/Undertaker, seems like every week someone is confronting someone else so next week is HHH confronting HBK about confronting the Undertaker?
byronscott4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #1220 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Since Rock has already agreed to compete at next year's WM, it's entirely conceivable that he'll lose due to outside interference and will face the guy who interferes at next year's WM.
rumor has it the Miz is suppose to interfer (I think anyways. I read it a few days ago it could also be dolph zigglar)
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #1221 (permalink)

Why is WWE not confirming more matches on TV; but instead trying to go with everything on wwe.com? Apparently there is a tag match/piss break at Wrestlemania of Beth and Eve vs. Kelly and Maria Menomous- why?.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #1222 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Why is WWE not confirming more matches on TV; but instead trying to go with everything on wwe.com? Apparently there is a tag match/piss break at Wrestlemania of Beth and Eve vs. Kelly and Maria Menomous- why?.
Because television is pointless and all that matters is WWE.com and social media sites. Duh . Seeing wwe's recent obsession with twitter/facebook, this announcement and other recent announcements being online doesn't shock me.

Part of me is upset that theres no Beth/Kharma or Beth/Natalya match, but part of me is glad I now have time to piss/go to 7/11 and get some more chips. It's a four hour show. Those things are tough to sit through!

Why maria menounos, though? Couldn't they have done better than her?
Old 03-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #1223 (permalink)

Apparently John Cena is going to use invincible by MGK as his WrestleMania theme song. Oh well, I guess we know the angle wwe is going for. Split crowd my a$$, those people are (hopefully) gonna boo the hell out of Cena.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #1224 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Apparently John Cena is going to use invincible by MGK as his WrestleMania theme song. Oh well, I guess we know the angle wwe is going for. Split crowd my a$$, those people are (hopefully) gonna boo the hell out of Cena.
I will not, if only to piss off the douche miami Rocky lovers. By the time that match starts, I'll be good and drunk and ready to start a "Rocky sucks" chant.
sesmarine04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #1225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmarine04 View Post
I will not, if only to piss off the douche miami Rocky lovers. By the time that match starts, I'll be good and drunk and ready to start a "Rocky sucks" chant.