Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #1426 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
BOOOM TO ALL THE FRUITY PEBBLE FANS THAT WAS A HELL OF A MATCH, but the better man won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Team boots to asses
Ha im afraid to ask the question
Old 04-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #1427 (permalink)

Wow no Brock , that's the only reason I bought this DAMN!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #1428 (permalink)

Well, now have to avoid spoilers to be able to watch tomorrow's Raw with Brock later.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #1429 (permalink)

I want Brock damn it!! I have a fantasy baseball draft tomorrow , I don't like to multi task lol !!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #1430 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Well, now have to avoid spoilers to be able to watch tomorrow's Raw with Brock later.
The championship game is tomorrow night.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #1431 (permalink)

So I take it The Rock won? For some reason my pay per view stopped about 2mins into their match!
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #1432 (permalink)

i am pissed. they always make john cena lose
Old 04-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #1433 (permalink)

there was no way Cena was going to win in Miami
dherm360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #1434 (permalink)

I think if Brock doesn't come back tomorrow night then they wait until the 2012 brand draft which I believe happens this month as well, but that's just my two cents.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #1435 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherm360 View Post
there was no way Cena was going to win in Miami
i figured they would make a huge twist. put it in miami, have won rock win every microphone battle til the ppv, and ultimately lose to john cena. the whole year they gave it to the rock who appeared on the show like 3 months out of the year.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #1436 (permalink)

I dont think WWE ever had any intention of having Brock Lesnar run-in on any match tonight, thats my opinion

now, 2 things

1, maybe the whole thing was a hoax to begin with, it is April Fool's Day after all

or 2, WWE just didn't want to detract from anything tonight, and are just saving it for Raw tomorrow

WWE accomplished 2 things, if indeed Lesnar signed. 1, more PPV buys at the eleventh hour, and 2, more people will now tune into RAW expecting him to show up there, leading to more ratings

After watching WM28, i have to say having Lesnar coming out during Taker-HHH or Cena-Rock would have felt........forced. and not needed

Now, i believe its been known Rock was going to be on the Raw after WM, so having Brock come out then to challenge Rock for WM29. Is a possibility

Or, maybe Taker comes out and gives some sort of fairwell speech, and Lesnar interupts that and leads to a Taker-Lesnar match.

But here's why i don't think Lesnar-Taker happens. For one, Taker's time in the ring is edging ever so closely to being up, they should have him feud with a younger guy to help push that guy over the top to elite status, and not waste it with Brock

Secondly, Brock-Taker just feels like another HHH-Taker, Taker would have then faced the same type of match 3 years in a row. Lesnar-Taker would undoubtedly be some slobber-knocker type, slugfest that we have now seen 2 years in a row.

Here is my whole opinion. The ROck just goes away. Having him wrestle again will take away from this years event. He has his perfect send off match, in his hometown. he is NEVER going to be a fulltime, or even parttime WWE employee in the ring again. Odds are he thanks the fans and heads back to Hollywood

Which brings me to, if Brock truly is coming back, have him face Stone Cold, or maybe even Sheamus.
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #1437 (permalink)

Wow, shocking ending! I did not see Rocky winning that match! Kinda dissapointed Lesnar wasn't there. Oh well.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #1438 (permalink)

Quote:
BOOOM TO ALL THE FRUITY PEBBLE FANS THAT WAS A HELL OF A MATCH, but the better man won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Team boots to asses
what are you...12 or something?

that was one of the worst Wrestlemania's ive ever seen. Period, end of story.

Seriously, for the whole first hour i couldve swore i was watching a TNA PPV.

- a World Heavyweight CHampionship match in under 20 seconds..i repeat..WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH...

if they wanted to beat the record or whatever it was...last time i checked, the Chavo/Kane match wasnt for a title...why the %^&* do you limit 2 of the better workers to under 20 seconds?

- a heavily hyped Orton/Kane match...that was boring as all hell. I dont think there was 1 big spot during that whole match, besides the ending..and even that was mehh at best.

- the pathetic commercial/skit for Deadliest Catch with an unfunny Santino and even less funny Foley

- at least Big Show/Rhodes was halfway decent

- typical diva match...but how in the bloody hell do you have a Celebrity who has never wrestled i match ever...PIN your DIVAS CHAMPION who is supposed to be the best in the company??

last year with Snookie was fine..because she wasnt pinning a champion...thats just a disgrace to the whole divison right there imo

there were really only 2 matches worth watching:

UT/HHH was out of this world good
CM Punk/Jericho was also good

Rock/Cena was better than expected..but far from "hell of a match" as mr Rock's nuthugger decided it was (and im not a fanof either by the way before you try and flame me with fruity pebble comments).

I mean seriously...freaking Brodus Clay and his mom and group of grannies got more airtime at WM than DB/Sheamus...hell Tyler Reks/Curt Hawkins/Heath Slater got more airtime than those 2

and all those crappy ass commercials...

id be thoroughly pissed if i paid $70 for that hot garbage.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #1439 (permalink)

Wasn't surprised Rock won, figured that was the only way he would come back. Great PPV IMO, HHH-Taker and Cena-Rock were awesome!
Philippians 4:13
http://s1001.photobucket.com/home/shawnholmes2003/allalbums
mavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #1440 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan View Post
Wasn't surprised Rock won, figured that was the only way he would come back. Great PPV IMO, HHH-Taker and Cena-Rock were awesome!
HA! I was waiting for the only Cena fan on here to show! Hell of a match, eh
Old 04-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #1441 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
HA! I was waiting for the only Cena fan on here to show! Hell of a match, eh
Haha there might be two of us
Philippians 4:13
http://s1001.photobucket.com/home/shawnholmes2003/allalbums
mavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #1442 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post

- a World Heavyweight CHampionship match in under 20 seconds..i repeat..WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH...

if they wanted to beat the record or whatever it was...last time i checked, the Chavo/Kane match wasnt for a title...why the %^&* do you limit 2 of the better workers to under 20 seconds?

- a heavily hyped Orton/Kane match...that was boring as all hell. I dont think there was 1 big spot during that whole match, besides the ending..and even that was mehh at best.

- the pathetic commercial/skit for Deadliest Catch with an unfunny Santino and even less funny Foley

- typical diva match...but how in the bloody hell do you have a Celebrity who has never wrestled i match ever...PIN your DIVAS CHAMPION who is supposed to be the best in the company??

last year with Snookie was fine..because she wasnt pinning a champion...thats just a disgrace to the whole divison right there imo

Rock/Cena was better than expected..but far from "hell of a match" as mr Rock's nuthugger decided it was (and im not a fanof either by the way before you try and flame me with fruity pebble comments).

I mean seriously...freaking Brodus Clay and his mom and group of grannies got more airtime at WM than DB/Sheamus...hell Tyler Reks/Curt Hawkins/Heath Slater got more airtime than those 2

so many things wrong with this , i dont' know where to begin

First, im ok with how they booked Sheamus-Bryan, the 2 can go at it for 20 min at the next PPV. THey were both playing 4th fiddle in this PPV, why have them waste their best stuff. They added some history, and im sure the feud continues. The crowd was pretty much tired as heck after Jericho-Punk. Imagine if Sheamus-Bryan go out and have 10 false finishes, and a 20 min match. Crowd would have been absolutely DEAD for the last 2 matches

Second, making fun of the skits/Clay. Whatever, sure it wasnt the most hilarious thing EVER, who cares, they served its purpose. you cant have match after match after match, Boom boom boom boom. its called letting the fans catch their f'n breath after each match for god sakes

hilarious that you call this the worst WM ever. Get a fn grip. Remember last years? Short memory much. You know ,the WM that was pretty much a ROck fest every 5 seconds. The MIZ?? in main event. Jerry Lawler vs Michael friggin Cole?

but yeah, ok this years was THE WORST. Hyperbole much?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #1443 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post

I completely disagree with you on two accounts:

1. This wasn't even close to the worst WM. Do you remember last years with Michael Cole having Swagger in his corner and JR in the King's? That was the worst storyline and the fact that they kept dragging the feud on even after WM was even more pathetic.

2. I do like the Rock you are correct because I grew up in the attitude era that's who my favorite wrestler was back then, so as far as the gay comment about me being a nuthugger of the Rock's I'm going to let that one slide, after all I never like you too much to begin with as you are over-opinionated to start. It was a good match and so was the Hell in the Cell match.

Last edited by DCN12586; 04-01-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #1444 (permalink)

ppv was not that good .. i was a let down from the 1st match

the 12 man match was predictable
opening match a joke
divas match why bother... bring back WOW
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO AWSOME KONG

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #1445 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
ppv was not that good .. i was a let down from the 1st match

the 12 man match was predictable
opening match a joke
divas match why bother... bring back WOW
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO AWSOME KONG
she had a miscarriage Dec-Jan. Who knows what kind of psychological damage that can do. Probably be a little bit before she returns
Old 04-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #1446 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
so many things wrong with this , i dont' know where to begin

First, im ok with how they booked Sheamus-Bryan, the 2 can go at it for 20 min at the next PPV. THey were both playing 4th fiddle in this PPV, why have them waste their best stuff. They added some history, and im sure the feud continues. The crowd was pretty much tired as heck after Jericho-Punk. Imagine if Sheamus-Bryan go out and have 10 false finishes, and a 20 min match. Crowd would have been absolutely DEAD for the last 2 matches

Second, making fun of the skits/Clay. Whatever, sure it wasnt the most hilarious thing EVER, who cares, they served its purpose. you cant have match after match after match, Boom boom boom boom. its called letting the fans catch their f'n breath after each match for god sakes

hilarious that you call this the worst WM ever. Get a fn grip. Remember last years? Short memory much. You know ,the WM that was pretty much a ROck fest every 5 seconds. The MIZ?? in main event. Jerry Lawler vs Michael friggin Cole?

but yeah, ok this years was THE WORST. Hyperbole much?
Quote:
I completely disagree with you on two accounts:

1. This wasn't even close to the worst WM. Do you remember last years with Michael Cole having Swagger in his corner and JR in the King's? That was the worst storyline and the fact that they kept dragging the feud on even after WM was even more pathetic.

2. I do like the Rock you are correct because I grew up in the attitude era that's who my favorite wrestler was back then, so as far as the gay comment about me being a nuthugger of the Rock's I'm going to let that one slide, after all I never like you too much to begin with as you are over-opinionated to start. It was a good match and so was the Hell in the Cell match.
Ok...as a response:

- first can either of you actually read?

I didnt say it was THE WORST EVER....i said it was ONE OF THE WORST ive seen.

Now..to tackle the rest.

Walter-

I understand the point of the skits. Im saying the backstage segments they did were all BAD.

the first segment was Team Johnny, which would have been fine either right before the match..or even close to the match. But right after the first match- when their match was 4 matches alter?

and that segment with Foley/Santino was absolutely terrible.

having Heath Slater in a backstage Wrestlemania spot wasnt the best idea to begin with, and having him get punked out by a rapper to end the segment served what purpose exactly?

I was neither here nor there with the Funkasaurus segment..like i said i understand the need for it, even before you pointed it out...my point was with all the "extra crap" they put in, the Daniel Bryan squash made no sense.

and on that note...

I never said they had to put on a 20-30 minute match. But under a minute??

what purpose does that serve...other than make DB look extremely weak. Of course im sure it will lead to some story line of DB blaming AJ or something, but imo it wasnt needed. And the story leaking out now that the reason it was that way was only because they wanted to beat the record for shortest match at WM..really??

like i said the Chavo match wasnt for a "major" WWE title...so why did they feel the need to crap on the potential just for a stupid record? Andif thats the case, why couldnt they have just let Big Show do it to Cody Rhodes?

it wouldve accomplished the same thing..wouldve been believable..and the crowd wouldnt have been so "pissed off". As there were several Daniel Bryan/BS chants throughout the rest of the first hour. The first match is suppose to get the crowd excited and involved and ready to go...thats why TNA always throws out the X Division matches first, even if they will be MOTN.

I still stand by the rest of my opinion of the matches.

-Randy Orton/Kane was dull and boring,but thats usually how every Orton match is..very slow, methodical. It just didnt have any spots to make you care and get into it imo, and the ending kinda came out of nowhere.

- i still dont see how you have a celebrity whos never wrestled before come in and PIN your champion..CLEAN at that. What does that say for the rest of the Diva's division if they get squashed nightly by the champ...but some celebrity comes in and is able to pin her clean (even in a tag match).

- Big Show/Rhodes was decent. Other than being a little short, Rhodes still looked some what strong and Big Show got his moment.

- HHH/UT was on a whole different level. Not so much the wrestling, as there really wasnt much wrestling involved. They didnt even use the HIAC gimmick much if you think about it. It was basically just a street fight and a brutal one at that. The pure physicality, and the thing that sent it over the top was HBK and his Emmy worthy performance as well. All his looks and reactions and disbelief..i think he actually almost looked like he was going to cry in the corner a few times out of disbelief.

- Punk/Jericho was just as good..but for the opposite reasons. It had great wrestling and psychology involved. All the counter were a nice touch. Didnt like the ending too much, as Jericho just kinda gave in even after he was just on offense a short while before.

- Rock/Cena was good, but nowhere near the level of hype the match received. I think when it was all said and done, after the 5 minute prematch viedo...the 20 minutes of singing introductions..the match topped at at maybe 25 minutes.

add to the fact there were various issues with the quality of the match: the slow start and amount of restholds, the Rock clearly being gassed halway through the match (which shouldve been expected), the clear display of them "calling the match spots" on camera (not so much on the wrestlers, but on the cameramen for not noticing and panning out), and the finish.

I figured the Rock would win in his hometown, im just not a fan of "no selling" and the end of the match was clearly that. It took the Rock all he had to even stand up on the ropes, after being in the STFU and almost "passing out" for a good 5 minutes...his body press gets rolled through, and Cena basically dead lifts him and power cleans him onto his shoulders for another powerful AA. Rock kicks out

That right there is fine.

But the subsequent jump up out of nowhere while Cena is mocking him doing the Peoples Elbow to hit the Rock Bottom, pin Cena, and then celebrate like the last 10 minutes of the match when he was beaten down was nothing.

Thats no selling at its finest. The rest of the match, the physicality...Cena going all out on the moveset...nearfalls made up for it and made it a good match, but not anything far from a "hell of a match".

- oh i forgot to mention the Johnny/Long match. Simple reason..if anything was predictable it was that match. As far as Johnnys character, and how pathetic Longs team was. The only 2 real wrestlers on his team were R Truth and Kingston. Booker T is a nostalgia act, Khali is just deplorable and how he got a WM spot i dont know, and Ryder hasnt done anything since getting his ass handed to him by Kane, Santino may be a champion but the WWE continues to push him as a comedy only character instead of showcasing his actual wrestling ability. But it served its purpose as far as storylines go.

and as for DCN-

i only called you a Rock nuthugger because you posted in ALL CAPS LIKE THIS THAT THE MATCH WAS AWESOME AND ROCK TOTALLY KICKED CENAS ASS...which is fine since you a fan of the Rock, but then you respond to my post by saying im over opinionated?

i guess "talking crap" like you have through most of your posts in this thread- please if you feel the need to deny this i will gladly point out every single one of them...whether it be your responses to "Cena fans" or whatever- thats not being too opinionated? whatever floats your boat man.

This is a public forum. Those are my opinions. They are mine to have. You also have the right to have your own opinion and disagree with mine. I dont mind that at all. I also dont mind having good discussion about said opinions.

But to say someone is over opinionated..is just a way to say that nuh uh your wrong im right.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #1447 (permalink)

id just like to add, i dont get the Kane/Orton dull and boring. Now its a whole nother argument that the pairing of the 2 didnt make much sense, was rushed, and doesnt equal "5 star classic", i thought what they had to work with, with the time given, was above average

there match was different from all the others, and that worked, IMO. There wasnt a bunch of "false finishes" as they call it, and it was a nice spot at the end with the chokeslam from sorta the top rope. Unexpected ending and they needed a heel to win here to kinda balance things out

Kane needs to be carried somewhat, and Orton i dont think is the type of guy for that. I think Orton-Ziggler coulda been better, and have Kane in the tag team match

Orton, does seem to be gonig through the motions lately, i think his recent numerous injuries have taken a toll from him and WWE hasn't booked him in anything high profile for awhile. And rightfully so. Orton is how they say in sports, "oft-injured", theres always somethign wrong with him, so hard for WWE to put him in the spotlight, when at any moment they might have to change plans. Its been 3-4 years since Orton has had a high profile feud/match at a WrestleMania

as for the skits, they are what they are, most were done to promote something or some fashion. I dont think they had to be "funny", clearly most of them were geared for kids 8-12. ANd gave a few guys on roster atleast SOMETHING to do. Like I said, they served their purpose, as most people there and at home used them to go get food or make a run to the restroom . I dont think all of them have to be SNL type skits.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:52 AM   #1448 (permalink)

Ok heres my take on it Shamus and DB will be fighting on raw on monday night.

John Cena turns into a bad guy(gives into hate)

Brock comes in and lays out CM punk for the next PPV(team John says to)

orton and kain go at again

Big Show and Mark Henry(Jealous Show has a belt)

Just my 2 cents
Old 04-02-2012, 03:27 AM   #1449 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
id just like to add, i dont get the Kane/Orton dull and boring. Now its a whole nother argument that the pairing of the 2 didnt make much sense, was rushed, and doesnt equal "5 star classic", i thought what they had to work with, with the time given, was above average

there match was different from all the others, and that worked, IMO. There wasnt a bunch of "false finishes" as they call it, and it was a nice spot at the end with the chokeslam from sorta the top rope. Unexpected ending and they needed a heel to win here to kinda balance things out

Kane needs to be carried somewhat, and Orton i dont think is the type of guy for that. I think Orton-Ziggler coulda been better, and have Kane in the tag team match

Orton, does seem to be gonig through the motions lately, i think his recent numerous injuries have taken a toll from him and WWE hasn't booked him in anything high profile for awhile. And rightfully so. Orton is how they say in sports, "oft-injured", theres always somethign wrong with him, so hard for WWE to put him in the spotlight, when at any moment they might have to change plans. Its been 3-4 years since Orton has had a high profile feud/match at a WrestleMania

as for the skits, they are what they are, most were done to promote something or some fashion. I dont think they had to be "funny", clearly most of them were geared for kids 8-12. ANd gave a few guys on roster atleast SOMETHING to do. Like I said, they served their purpose, as most people there and at home used them to go get food or make a run to the restroom . I dont think all of them have to be SNL type skits.
I agree that it was different from other matches and your views on Orton lately. However, there really wasnt much to the match.

Punches..kicks/stomps...clothesline here..failed chokeslam here...more punches/kicks/stomps...Orton DDT..suplex...so on so forth.

The match just never really seemed to get going imo and while the ending was a shock- i didnt see Kane winning, much less clean..and it was a decent spot, it just came out of nowhere.

Ill guess well just have to agree to disagree on the skits/advertisements.

You said they seemed to be aimed at 8-12...but how many in that demographic were actually either there live or watching form home- unless in a big group of people.

And what part of that demographic would even watch Deadliest Catch...or care about Flo Rida.

I appreciate you actually further elaborating on your opinion and keeping it a civil discussion.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #1450 (permalink)

Also as far as the segments portion goes...

I wonder what happened to all the Rocks promos/vignettes/backstage segments. It was said time was shaved off matches for this purpose as well.

Backstage News on The Rock for Tomorrow, Late WWE Hall of Fame Update

i didnt see anything about the Rock or ME until the video package before the match. Did i miss somethin?