Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #1776 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Since No Way Out is already being advertised that Cena will give no way out to Laurinaitis- So probably a steel cage match- who interferes to cost Cena on Sunday? A) Lesnar B) Big Show or C) Batista?
I choose D: The Funkasaurus . Or possibly RYBACK!!!!

FEED ME MORE. FEED ME MORE. FEED ME MORE.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #1777 (permalink)

They've dug themselves a hole. They never actually build talent. All of the heels win in cheap, cowardly ways (even Mark Henry once he got the strap, which made no sense... imagine Andre the Giant taking his title and running away from a fight against someone). Their programs are never built up in the slightest; they've done nothing AT ALL to build the Punk/Danielson match Sunday. Ooh, he held Punk's foot in a match we all hated! What a heel! Every fresh face has to lose so much that we don't recognize them as real players for any strap. Cody Rhodes has held the IC title twice since September and defended it about three to five times in that time frame because they have too many belts, yet he loses every week--he's ALWAYS the guy who does the job.

In short, nothing feels REAL anymore. It can be PG, but match it feel legitimate. That's why Punk/Cena was great last summer. It was real.

Last edited by Zoop; 05-16-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #1778 (permalink)

RAW moving to a three hour show permanently starting after 1000th episode. Wow.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #1779 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
RAW moving to a three hour show permanently starting after 1000th episode. Wow.
great that means more talking and the same number of quality matches (0)

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #1780 (permalink)

PPV tonight, any predictions?

Pre-show Ryder vs. Kane- Kane wins via chokeslam

Battle Royal- Winner gets IC/US title shot later in the PPV- Miz eliminates Ryback to win

Kofi/Truth vs. Ziggler/McIntyre for titles- Ziggler wins to se up a singles run after dropping the titles to AW's stable

Layla vs. Phoenix- Layla wins, no Kharma

Miz vs. Santino- Santino wins with the cobra, quick match

Brodus Clay vs. some jobber- They need to fill a little more time

Punk vs. Bryan- Punk wins, Bryan turns babyface

Sheamus vs. Orton vs. Jericho vs. Del Rio- Sheamus wins, Orton turns heel, Jericho starts his re-retirement for Fozzy

Cena vs. Laurinaitis- Laurinaitis obviously wins, Show probably returns after they tease Batista returning
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #1781 (permalink)

Ryback squash time
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 05-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #1782 (permalink)

Really? Nice job creative, a monkey could have predicted that.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #1783 (permalink)

Can someone please update me on who won the matches tonight?
Thanks in advance!
Old 05-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #1784 (permalink)

I feel bad for anyone that actually paid for this ppv

Old 05-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #1785 (permalink)

Jericho's lost his last 5 PPV matches, end of the world as we know it. Which group of monkeys are smarter, WWE monkeys, Topps QC, or Panini's marketing department?
Old 05-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #1786 (permalink)

OMG!!!! I am SOOOOOOOO shocked that Big Show interfered in the match to make JL win!!!!!! I NEVER saw....... sorry, I couldn't keep up the act any longer. Good thing I watched that crap for free.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #1787 (permalink)

Here's my take:

Christian winning the IC title is the best move wwe has made in the past 2 years. Now Rhodes can be elevated to the main event level and Christian can have one final run as champ before riding into the sunset and (eventually) into the hall of fame. This'll also hopefully being back some "legitimacy" to the IC title. Cody Rhodes is one thing, but a future hall of famer like Christian holding the title is awesome. Hopefully we'll see a little more time invested into the #3 title in the WWE.

Layla beating Beth was fine by me, but we seriously need kharma. Every PPV she misses the divas division becomes less and less important. If she can't return that's fine, just tell us now instead of leaving us hanging.

Brodus Clay beating some jobber is fine, but the jobber being The Miz? I guess the Miz's fall from stardom will continue. Hopefully he has a sheamus-like turnaround and has a good solid career.

Dolph and Swagger losing makes no sense to me. Kofi and Truth can go on to have fine singles careers without being a team, but where does this leave the Guerrero stable? Great technical match though. Every Kofi match is awesome, though

Ryback winning is awesome, and the fact his match came right before the main event shows he is on the path straight to success. I would've liked to see him dominate more (seeing him on the ground makes him look a little weaker) but he still squashed him and that's fine by me.

Fatal four way should've been won by Jericho to set up an Orton/Jericho feud. What happened to the end of the world as we know it? Jericho's reuturn has tarnished his illustrious career. At least he was the #2 man in the match, but in Jericho's case 2 isn't good enough.

WWE Championship match was fantastic. Would've liked to see a definitive winner (sort of ended as a draw in a sense) but I guess this sets up future matches between Punk and Bryan, and I am in no way against that

Main event was terrible and extremely predictable. Plain and simple. And seeing Big Show back in the main event is the kicker: this was the worst main event in recent memory. Just awful.

Overall I give the show 7/10. Good show, bad main event. The majority of the title matches were pretty good though, which is fantastic to see. We know next ppv's main event will have Cena in some capacity. Hopefully it is a little better.

Just my take

Last edited by GoJays; 05-20-2012 at 11:39 PM.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #1788 (permalink)

I think that Christian might have a lot tougher road than you think on the way to the HOF. Vinnie won't be all that quick to induct someone who left and worked for the competition. Also, while his singles career has been pretty good, he will always be remembered as the weak half of a tag team, IMO.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #1789 (permalink)

Anyone else notice at the start of the show, instead of the usual "WWE presents Extreme Rules" they went with "World Wrestling Entertainment presents...". Have they changed the name again?
Old 05-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #1790 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Anyone else notice at the start of the show, instead of the usual "WWE presents Extreme Rules" they went with "World Wrestling Entertainment presents...". Have they changed the name again?
I didn't catch that but hopefully it means they're starting to shift the product again. Having more matches like Punk v. Bryan with a story will definitely bring better ratings IMO

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #1791 (permalink)

just when you think things cant get any worse

Old 05-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #1792 (permalink)

For that injured collarbone that he can't move, Johnny seemed to be putting a lot of weight on it.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #1793 (permalink)

Oh good, The Big Show is back in the main event. Maybe if we're lucky The Great Khali will be fighting for the WHC at No Way Out!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #1794 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojays View Post
oh good, the big show is back in the main event. Maybe if we're lucky the great khali will be fighting for the whc at no way out!
kahli is going to win the next money in the bank match

Old 05-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #1795 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
kahli is going to win the next money in the bank match
And then plummet through the ring off the ladder. Hopefully the main event is actually decent tonight.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #1796 (permalink)

Why is Tensai still even on TV? Seems like they finally dropped the Lord part though.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #1797 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Why is Tensai still even on TV? Seems like they finally dropped the Lord part though.
Because one day Albert will be known as the greatest wrestler that ever lived!
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #1798 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
Because Albert is the greatest human being to ever walk the face of the Earth
Fixed it for you
Old 05-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #1799 (permalink)

Oh my God its Paul Wright! Paul Wright!
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #1800 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
Because Albert is the fattest and ugliest wrestler that has ever lived
Fixed again, stop making mistakes