Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #1801 (permalink)

The Brood vs Droz & Prince Albert 5/16/99 - YouTube
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #1802 (permalink)

Only took Khali 5 minutes to get out there
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #1803 (permalink)

Wow. What an awful raw. If this is the type of programming we're going to be seeing I'll be taking a break until the few weeks before summerslam.

Where was the Heyman/Hunter/Lesnar lawsuit thing? Is that just supposed to be forgotten about for the next little while?

Awful, awful show with a terrible main event. I certainly won't be buying No Way Out at this god forsaken rate.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #1804 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojays View Post
wow. What an awful raw. If this is the type of programming we're going to be seeing i'll be taking a break until the few weeks before summerslam.

Where was the heyman/hunter/lesnar lawsuit thing? Is that just supposed to be forgotten about for the next little while?

Awful, awful show with a terrible main event. I certainly won't be buying no way out at this god forsaken rate.
try wrestlemania

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #1805 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
try wrestlemania
Yeah if Brock and Rock aren't at Summerslam I think I'll wait until Survivor Series to really start following again. I hope the show gets better, because as of now there isn't much going for the wwe.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:19 AM   #1806 (permalink)

Quick sidebar that was brought up on one of the "dirt sheets" i vist as i hardly watch anymore.

The Ace/Cena stipulation was that anyone who interfered would be fired correct?

So..technically, if Ace "re-hired" Show Saturday...technically he wouldve still been a WWE employee...and thus could still be "fired" by the BOD..correct?

i think everyone knew he would end up interfering in the match...but the wayit was handled and the "storyline" around it the past 2 days have been utterly pathetic.

You have a recently "fired" WWE star just happen to show up at the PPV and he conveniently knows where/when to find Ace near concessions...

Then as i mentioned...Ace "hired" him back Saturday, despite what the stipulation stated (ie he technically can still be fired again for interfering).

Wouldve been at least more believable if Show came through the crowd at the PPV, did what he had to do to get his job back, and then be "re-hired" Monday

again..imo just piss poor booking/execution among other things
cdub6238 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #1807 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
Quick sidebar that was brought up on one of the "dirt sheets" i vist as i hardly watch anymore.

The Ace/Cena stipulation was that anyone who interfered would be fired correct?

So..technically, if Ace "re-hired" Show Saturday...technically he wouldve still been a WWE employee...and thus could still be "fired" by the BOD..correct?

i think everyone knew he would end up interfering in the match...but the wayit was handled and the "storyline" around it the past 2 days have been utterly pathetic.

You have a recently "fired" WWE star just happen to show up at the PPV and he conveniently knows where/when to find Ace near concessions...

Then as i mentioned...Ace "hired" him back Saturday, despite what the stipulation stated (ie he technically can still be fired again for interfering).

Wouldve been at least more believable if Show came through the crowd at the PPV, did what he had to do to get his job back, and then be "re-hired" Monday

again..imo just piss poor booking/execution among other things
I understand how you normally have to suspend reality when watching but when so many people say the exact same thing about the logic, it's an issue. Then again, this is the same company that blew up the CEO and then brought him back as if nothing really happened.
byronscott4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #1808 (permalink)

They actually brought that up during the show yesterday, they said they had verbally reached an agreement, but was not official until the wee hours of the morning on Monday. Thus he was not technically employed until the contract was signed which didn't happen until after the event.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #1809 (permalink)

I guess the writers didnt even notice it until they saw people commenting on it on twitter
chaugsetter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:06 AM   #1810 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
They actually brought that up during the show yesterday, they said they had verbally reached an agreement, but was not official until the wee hours of the morning on Monday. Thus he was not technically employed until the contract was signed which didn't happen until after the event.
Yes because clearly the announcers addressing it AFTER the initial f*k up and backlash on twitter makes it completely alright and makes sense to you..right?

Old 05-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #1811 (permalink)

Oh yeah makes as much sense as Khali being the divas champion
chaugsetter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #1812 (permalink)

They were talking about this on sports radio here, pretty funny.

Less than a day after being fired by the Orlando Magic, now-former head coach Stan Van Gundy announced that he will return to his role as Paul Bearer, manager of The Undertaker, on WWE broadcasts.
Van Gundy, who has been sporadically playing the Paul Bearer character since the early 1990s, has been limited in his WWE appearances by his obligations as a basketball coach. With Undertaker filling a less active role in the WWE in recent years, Van Gundy will also appear in storylines featuring Kane, Undertaker’s half brother.

“It just seemed like the timing was right to play Bearer again,” Van Gundy said in a press conference. “My hope is that the WWE superstars will treat me with the respect I was denied by those on my own team this season.”

Van Gundy’s spherical figure, ghostly tenor and macabre mustache are perfectly suited to play Paul Bearer, who masquerades as a deranged, pallid funeral director. Reminiscent of his real-life relationship with superstar Dwight Howard, Bearer is frequently bullied and overpowered by those he represents, and has been buried alive on multiple occasions.

In his most recent appearance as Bearer, Van Gundy was strapped to a wheelchair and left for dead in a storage freezer by Kane. Van Gundy, however, hopes that things will be more amicable in his return.

“Yeah, I’ve been victimized a fair bit in the ring, but I‘m confident this time around they’ll give me a more empowered role,” Van Gundy said. “Who knows, maybe they’ll even give me a title shot!”

When informed about Van Gundy’s return, Kane offered a conflicting outlook:

“I’m going to chokeslam him into the bowels of hell.”

Old 05-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #1813 (permalink)

So apparently TNA star Alex Shelley (Motor City Machine Guns with Chris Sabin) has sold his soul to the evil company up north just for a bigger payday.

Not that there is anything wrong with wanting to get paid more $$$....but when youve been with a company for 8 years (debuted in 2004), and not too mention just hyped the return of the organizations greatest tag team (April 5th...had a PPV match for the titles a week later)...he decided to not renew his contract with the company- amid speculation that he had been in contact with WWE.

Guess he didnt learn from the long list of former TNA stars being horribly misused by WWE:

Sonny Siaki: 2 year stint in developmental before being released....

Low-Ki (Kaval in WWE): doi need to point out how horribly he was booked despite being a Daniel Bryan caliber of worker?

Consequences Creed: yeah..hows that going so far in developmental...

Kid Kash: yeah..you remember that horrible tag team with Jamie Noble and the dog collars? didnt think so...(even though Kash is a hell of a technical wrestler)

Chris Harris (former partner of James Storm, before him and Roode formed Beer Money): yeah...anybody remember Braden Walker? didnt think so either...

Lance Hoyt (Rock n Rave Infection): how long was Vance Archer relevant in WWE?

the only successful TNA crossover star has be Ron Killings (R Truth). But even that is slightly debatable as he was already in the WWE for 3 years from 99-02 as K-Kwik/K-Krush).

Good luck though...but kind of crappy to leave your tag team partner of 5 years hanging...
Old 05-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #1814 (permalink)

Hate to hear of Shelley possibly leaving. He and Sabin were great fun to watch. TNA doesn't really seem to do a great job of pushing tag teams lately either.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #1815 (permalink)

Quote:
So apparently TNA star Alex Shelley (Motor City Machine Guns with Chris Sabin) has sold his soul to the evil company up north just for a bigger payday.

Not that there is anything wrong with wanting to get paid more $$$....but when youve been with a company for 8 years (debuted in 2004), and not too mention just hyped the return of the organizations greatest tag team (April 5th...had a PPV match for the titles a week later)...he decided to not renew his contract with the company- amid speculation that he had been in contact with WWE.

Guess he didnt learn from the long list of former TNA stars being horribly misused by WWE:

Low-Ki (Kaval in WWE): doi need to point out how horribly he was booked despite being a Daniel Bryan caliber of worker?

Kid Kash: yeah..you remember that horrible tag team with Jamie Noble and the dog collars? didnt think so...(even though Kash is a hell of a technical wrestler)

Chris Harris (former partner of James Storm, before him and Roode formed Beer Money): yeah...anybody remember Braden Walker? didnt think so either...

the only successful TNA crossover star has be Ron Killings (R Truth). But even that is slightly debatable as he was already in the WWE for 3 years from 99-02 as K-Kwik/K-Krush).

Good luck though...but kind of crappy to leave your tag team partner of 5 years hanging...
Or possibly that TNA is so terrible that they need to take second-rate wrestlers that can't make it anywhere in the WWE when faced with decent people.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #1816 (permalink)

Quote:

What about Kharma?
Old 05-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #1817 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Or possibly that TNA is so terrible that they need to take second-rate wrestlers that can't make it anywhere in the WWE when faced with decent people.
I going to assume since your a trolling kid, that you think all there is out there is WWE and everybody else is just bad

Hate to break it to you,but TNA has the same talent level if not better than WWE.

AJ Styles...Austin Aries...Christopher Daniels...Eric Young...James Storm/Robert Roode....Samoa Joe...Doug Williams; and thats just all "TNA original" stars.

What about ROH?

where do you think CM Punk and Daniel Bryan came from?? to a lesser note (since hes been gone for awhile) Evan Bourne??

But yes your right...obviously nobody is as good as WWE, and nobody in TNA/ROH deserve to be given a fair shot in WWE..because they lack so much talent

Say what you want about the way TNA is run, and its creative decisions....

but you better youtube some matches before you try and knock their talent..or youlll just come off like the pathetic troll you are with comments like that.

Here..actually ill do some legwork for you on the "past TNA stars" who hadno talent and flopped in WWE

Nashville 2003: AMW vs. Triple X Cage Match - YouTube

Chris Harris vs James Storm 1/2 - YouTube

Sonny Siaki vs Gangrel Hardcore Rules - YouTube

Top 15 Moves of Sonny Siaki - YouTube

Curry Man and Shark Boy Vs. The Rock 'n Rave Infection - YouTube

Rock and Rave Infection vs Prince Justice Brotherhood - YouTube

The Top Ten Moves Of Vance Archer - YouTube

Top Ten Moves of Consequences Creed - YouTube

Webmatch: Robert Roode vs. Consequences Creed - YouTube

So yes clearly...CLEARLY all the people i mentioned are "second rate" talents...

and if you seriously dont know how good Kid Kash is or how good Low-Ki was/stillis...then you really are as clueless as i thought

Quote:
What about Kharma?
She COULD be the 2nd, or technically i guess 1st ever TNA star to crossover (depend on how you feel about R Truth..and if he was former WWE in TNA, or TNA star first).

Problem is...she had to leave so soon and didnt really do much (yes she destroyed everybody, but as far as big matches or showing true talent).

Also there appears to be a biiig problem now.

She's reportedly been ready to come back to action for a few months now....but "creative has no plans/use" for her right now...

so..yes, she might be continuing the trend of former TNA stars getting used pathetically.

Latest Word on Kharma's WWE Status, Recent WWE Attendance Figures
Old 05-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #1818 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatechhokiefan View Post
Hate to hear of Shelley possibly leaving. He and Sabin were great fun to watch. TNA doesn't really seem to do a great job of pushing tag teams lately either.
Ya it's nice too see Shelley leaving to a company that really cares about about the tag team titles

What bothers me the most about Shelley leaving is that not only is he ruining his career he is ruining Chris Sabin's career. Both have only known the tag scene, never been legit threats on the singles scene. Sabin won't survive, and neither will shelley.

Oh well.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #1819 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Ya it's nice too see Shelley leaving to a company that really cares about about the tag team titles

What bothers me the most about Shelley leaving is that not only is he ruining his career he is ruining Chris Sabin's career. Both have only known the tag scene, never been legit threats on the singles scene. Sabin won't survive, and neither will shelley.

Oh well.
I wouldnt say that Sabin wont survive.

He was a 4x TNA X-Divison champ and won 3 separate "international" tournaments (2003 Super X, 2004 and 2006 World X).

And i dont knock Shelley for wanting to make more $$ or whatever...

I just think the way he went about it was very sh**ty.

They had just hyped the return of MCMG (since Sabin just came back from injury) and they get 2 matches...before he doesnt re-sign.

And Shelley hadnt really done much after Sabin went down with his injury.

oh well
Old 05-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #1820 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Here's my take:

Christian winning the IC title is the best move wwe has made in the past 2 years. Now Rhodes can be elevated to the main event level and Christian can have one final run as champ before riding into the sunset and (eventually) into the hall of fame. This'll also hopefully being back some "legitimacy" to the IC title. Cody Rhodes is one thing, but a future hall of famer like Christian holding the title is awesome. Hopefully we'll see a little more time invested into the #3 title in the WWE.

Layla beating Beth was fine by me, but we seriously need kharma. Every PPV she misses the divas division becomes less and less important. If she can't return that's fine, just tell us now instead of leaving us hanging.

Brodus Clay beating some jobber is fine, but the jobber being The Miz? I guess the Miz's fall from stardom will continue. Hopefully he has a sheamus-like turnaround and has a good solid career.

Dolph and Swagger losing makes no sense to me. Kofi and Truth can go on to have fine singles careers without being a team, but where does this leave the Guerrero stable? Great technical match though. Every Kofi match is awesome, though

Ryback winning is awesome, and the fact his match came right before the main event shows he is on the path straight to success. I would've liked to see him dominate more (seeing him on the ground makes him look a little weaker) but he still squashed him and that's fine by me.

Fatal four way should've been won by Jericho to set up an Orton/Jericho feud. What happened to the end of the world as we know it? Jericho's reuturn has tarnished his illustrious career. At least he was the #2 man in the match, but in Jericho's case 2 isn't good enough.

WWE Championship match was fantastic. Would've liked to see a definitive winner (sort of ended as a draw in a sense) but I guess this sets up future matches between Punk and Bryan, and I am in no way against that

Main event was terrible and extremely predictable. Plain and simple. And seeing Big Show back in the main event is the kicker: this was the worst main event in recent memory. Just awful.

Overall I give the show 7/10. Good show, bad main event. The majority of the title matches were pretty good though, which is fantastic to see. We know next ppv's main event will have Cena in some capacity. Hopefully it is a little better.

Just my take
Agreed! Though I loved the Punk/Bryan finish. Reminded me of an old saying: "In the best matches, there is no loser." The finish made both look very strong... Y'know, unlike an 18 second screwjob match.

My beef is, Bryan is the submission experts who never makes major league roster guys tap. Some of these dudes need to start slapping the mat in order for him to be taken as seriously as he deserves. Punk would have no problem putting him over in that fashion. In my opinion, these guys need to swap that belt a few times this summer... preferably 2-5. 120-minute Iroooon maaaan!
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:44 PM   #1821 (permalink)

Who hit Ryback or should I say who was dumb enough to pick a fight with him?
Old 05-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #1822 (permalink)

Full Sail NXT should replace Smackdown as the #2 show for WWE
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #1823 (permalink)

Quote:
Full Sail NXT should replace Smackdown as the #2 show for WWE
What is this Full Sail NXT you speak of?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #1824 (permalink)

Quote:
What is this Full Sail NXT you speak of?
They've been taping 4 weeks at a time from a college arena, HHH and Sheamus are leading it, seems like a lot of big names for developmental there.
*Spoilers:* Four Episodes of WWE NXT Tapings From Full Sail | WrestleZone
*Spoilers:* Second Set of NXT Tapings at Full Sail, Off-Air Notes | WrestleZone

Dusty Rhodes is GM, Regal was on commentary. Tyson Kidd seems to be the main face, other bigger names are Damien Sandow, McGillicutty, Rollins, Curtis, Steamboat, Mahal, Ohno, Sofia Cortez AKA Ivelesse from Tough Enough, R Truth, Ascension, Ambrose.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #1825 (permalink)

Quote:
They've been taping 4 weeks at a time from a college arena, HHH and Sheamus are leading it, seems like a lot of big names for developmental there.
*Spoilers:* Four Episodes of WWE NXT Tapings From Full Sail | WrestleZone
*Spoilers:* Second Set of NXT Tapings at Full Sail, Off-Air Notes | WrestleZone

Dusty Rhodes is GM, Regal was on commentary. Tyson Kidd seems to be the main face, other bigger names are Damien Sandow, McGillicutty, Rollins, Curtis, Steamboat, Mahal, Ohno, Sofia Cortez AKA Ivelesse from Tough Enough, R Truth, Ascension, Ambrose.
What channel, time, and day do these air?