Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #1851 (permalink)

Report: WWE Said To Be In Panic Mode Over Low Raw Rating
by Nick Paglino
May 31, 2012
SHARE THIS STORY

According to Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the big topic of discussion within WWE yesterday was surprisingly not the suspension of Randy Orton, but rather the low rating Raw received on Monday night, which was a 2.7 and the lowest number of the year.

The rating was hurt by several factors, namely, the debut of the History Channel show "Hatfields and McCoys," The NBA Playoffs, the fact that John Cena didn't appear on the show, and the Memorial day holiday. However, WWE officials were alarmed at the fact that the CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan match lost viewers in the second hour, and the Alberto Del Rio vs Santino Marella match took in the lowest quarter hour rating the show has seen in years.
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #1852 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
report: Wwe said to be in panic mode over low raw rating
by nick paglino
may 31, 2012
share this story

according to dave meltzer of the wrestling observer newsletter, the big topic of discussion within wwe yesterday was surprisingly not the suspension of randy orton, but rather the low rating raw received on monday night, which was a 2.7 and the lowest number of the year.

The rating was hurt by several factors, namely, the debut of the history channel show "hatfields and mccoys," the nba playoffs, the fact that john cena didn't appear on the show, and the memorial day holiday. However, wwe officials were alarmed at the fact that the cm punk vs daniel bryan match lost viewers in the second hour, and the alberto del rio vs santino marella match took in the lowest quarter hour rating the show has seen in years.
lets see punk match i ran out to grab a bite to eat cause we know the title wasnt going to change hands and we have seen them fight how many times in the last 2 months
the sight of albert, would make anyone change the channel

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #1853 (permalink)

Because dumbass wrestling fans want to watch The Great Khali vs The Big Show, probably. To be one, I sure as *#$& hate wrestling fans. :P
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #1854 (permalink)
Banned

Super Luchas Magazine, a usually reputable magazine from Mexico, reports that Randy Orton violated the WWE Wellness Policy after testing positive for Dianabol and marijuana.

Marijuana isn't punishable by suspension in WWE, just a $2,500 fine. The report states that Orton tested positive for marijuana, was fined and then tested again for other substances where he tested positive for use of Dianabol. Dianabol (methandrostenolone) is an orally-effective anabolic steroid. Dianabol was commonly used by bodybuilders until Congress banned it under the Controlled Substances Act.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #1855 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Super Luchas Magazine, a usually reputable magazine from Mexico, reports that Randy Orton violated the WWE Wellness Policy after testing positive for Dianabol and marijuana.

Marijuana isn't punishable by suspension in WWE, just a $2,500 fine. The report states that Orton tested positive for marijuana, was fined and then tested again for other substances where he tested positive for use of Dianabol. Dianabol (methandrostenolone) is an orally-effective anabolic steroid. Dianabol was commonly used by bodybuilders until Congress banned it under the Controlled Substances Act.
If that's the case, why were Matt Sydal and Ron Killings suspended, I wonder? I thought it was pot?
Old 06-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #1856 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
If that's the case, why were Matt Sydal and Ron Killings suspended, I wonder? I thought it was pot?
I was under the impression that they were suspended for using a type of synthetic marijuana but i could be wrong.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #1857 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinglegend67 View Post
I was under the impression that they were suspended for using a type of synthetic marijuana but i could be wrong.
Correct.

They got busted for either K2 or Spice, forget which one it was.

I find it highly hilarious that in the WWE you can smoke weed, which is FEDERALLY ILLEGAL...and you just get a minor fine for each offense.

But you smoke the fake stuff, which is only "illegal" in about 10states or so...and you get a "wellness violation" and suspension

yeah..i see where priorities lie within that company lmao

It has also been brought up that Cody Rhodes had recently tested positive for a banned substance but was able to provide a legit prescription from a licensed physician.

Theres also word that another "top" WWE star is facing the same situation and WILL be facing a suspension if a valid prescription cant be provided...no word on who, or how long they have been given yet though.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #1858 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
Correct.

I find it highly hilarious that in the WWE you can smoke weed, which is FEDERALLY ILLEGAL...and you just get a minor fine for each offense.

But you smoke the fake stuff, which is only "illegal" in about 10states or so...and you get a "wellness violation" and suspension

It has also been brought up that Cody Rhodes had recently tested positive for a banned substance but was able to provide a legit prescription from a licensed physician.

Theres also word that another "top" WWE star is facing the same situation and WILL be facing a suspension if a valid prescription cant be provided...no word on who, or how long they have been given yet though.
Please be Tensai, please be Tensai, please be Tensai.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #1859 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
Correct.

Zero sense. So stupid.

Guessing the other big name is along the lines of Santino. Good on Rhodes for coming through with the script, they can't afford to lose young guys who are in line for elevation.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #1860 (permalink)

Apparently a DX reunion will be taking place at the 1000th episode of raw next month.

Hopefully they keep it to Michaels and HHH. I'd really rather not see those lesser important members show up.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #1861 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Apparently a DX reunion will be taking place at the 1000th episode of raw next month.

Hopefully they keep it to Michaels and HHH. I'd really rather not see those lesser important members show up.
road dogg and xpac maybe ... no way chynna allowed back in PG wwe .. and where is billy gunn???
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #1862 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
road dogg and xpac maybe ... no way chynna allowed back in PG wwe .. and where is billy gunn???
I don't think they'll touch Chyna even if they move out of the PG era. She is a complete train wreck.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
Old 06-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #1863 (permalink)

Mr. McMahon apparently is coming back next Monday night to evaluate Johnny's job performance.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #1864 (permalink)

Yes! Yes! Yes! Ryback's getting a main event push on smackdown. Yes!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #1865 (permalink)

I just gained serious respect for Michael Cole. He just said what we have all been thinking for 6 years!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #1866 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I just gained serious respect for Michael Cole. He just said what we have all been thinking for 6 years!
I like what he said but I'll pass on watching him v. Cena as the "main event"

Old 06-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #1867 (permalink)

Oh good, Sin Botcha AKA Botch Cara AKA Misti-Botch AKA Botchico AKA Sin Cara Azul is back!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #1868 (permalink)

Watching it recorded, but Ryback is a beast. Better keep him squashing, and then eventually take out Brodus.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #1869 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BigpapiManny#1

I thought that last segment with Cole and Cena was great. Cant wait to see what Vinny Mac has next week. Im praying for Shane O Mac to be with him.
BigpapiManny#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #1870 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Watching it recorded, but Ryback is a beast. Better keep him squashing, and then eventually take out Brodus.
Yeah Ryback is pretty awesome. I'm predicting he'll be a world champion by years end, hopefully still undefeated. The WWE might have something with this guy, hopefully they don't screw it up.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #1871 (permalink)

Ryback keeps facing the same two people does he not?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #1872 (permalink)

Seems like those two jobbers with Ryback got a longer promo than any other tag teams in a while.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #1873 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
Ryback keeps facing the same two people does he not?
They're pretty much the exact same people, but different. All it is is two skinny guys claiming "two is better than one", then getting squashed.

They're different each time though.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #1874 (permalink)

HHH is scheduled to make an appearance at No Way Out to discuss his future, pending lawsuits, and Brock Lesnar. Looks Like Lesnar returns at No Way Out or soon after.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #1875 (permalink)

God, I hate Ryback. I'll keep my good wrestlers, skip on the bodybuilders. Goooooooooooldbeeeerg. Gooooooooooooooooldbeeeeeeeerg. Keep chanting it, Vince HATES it.