Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #1926 (permalink)

Why would Bill want to do what they've already been doing? For the PPV they really should feed him three.

WZ has learned that WWE officials have been discussing several ideas for Ryback at tonight's WWE No Way Out PPV.

Originally, WWE wanted to book Ryback to defeat four wrestlers in a squash match, however Bill DeMott, who recently returned to work for WWE, is pushing for the match to be a 2 man squash utilizing local talent.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #1927 (permalink)

Does Firefox have any free adblocks that will stop ads from popping up on firstrow over the video?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 06-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #1928 (permalink)

This tag match has already gotten way too much time.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #1929 (permalink)

Lesnar HHH summerslam!
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #1930 (permalink)

Quote:
WZ has learned from sources that the local jobbers who will be cutting a promo before their match against Ryback will be giving a hilarious promo.

The promo is scripted to be a WrestleMania sing along. When the workers performed it during rehearsal, the WWE crew was reportedly dying of laughter.
Wasn't even close to hilarious.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #1931 (permalink)

Lesnar returns tonight.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #1932 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
Lesnar returns tonight.
Don't think they'll use one of his contract appearances tonight though.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #1933 (permalink)

anything huge happen at the ppv
dont really care for the hhh lesnar storyline

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #1934 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
anything huge happen at the ppv
dont really care for the hhh lesnar storyline
Not much, pretty boring. Two nobody NXT guys with some stupid manager are the #1 contenders, the US champ won a stupid match with the crowd chanting boring, Layla retained, Christian retained, Sheamus retained, Punk retained, Cena won setting up Laurinaitis being backed by the board and returning with Lesnar, Cara might have botched another match, Ryback squashed two more idiots in a less impressive match than before.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #1935 (permalink)

Wow, that was pretty terrible. The Ziggler/Sheamus match wasn't half bad, nor was the Christian/Rhodes, but the rest was brutal. And that Sin Botcha match was truly horrendous, my candidate for worst match of the year. They're supposed to be high flyers, what the hell was that?

Crowd was awful, and the main event was just plain brutal. Awful PPV in my opinion.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #1936 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Wow, that was pretty terrible. The Ziggler/Sheamus match wasn't half bad, nor was the Christian/Rhodes, but the rest was brutal. And that Sin Botcha match was truly horrendous, my candidate for worst match of the year. They're supposed to be high flyers, what the hell was that?

Crowd was awful, and the main event was just plain brutal. Awful PPV in my opinion.
There really is no way out of terrible WWE programming.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #1937 (permalink)

super cena does it again ..
big show back to jobber, coulda had Brodus turn heel to elevate him from comedy act - but nooooo, missed the sin botcha match - likely will see the lowlights on youtube, and the # 1 tag team contenders are who???
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #1938 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
super cena does it again ..
big show back to jobber, coulda had Brodus turn heel to elevate him from comedy act - but nooooo, missed the sin botcha match - likely will see the lowlights on youtube, and the # 1 tag team contenders are who???
O'Niell and Young with AW. Two pointless guys, so a joke of a tag and US championship divisions.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #1939 (permalink)

As strange as it sounds, TNA has been infinitely more entertaining than WWE for the last couple of months. Tonight's PPV was awful.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #1940 (permalink)
Banned

I am eager to see the buyrates of the PPV with the NBA finals and US open happening at the same time. I am sure they will be horrible and Vince will be mad.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #1941 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Why would Bill want to do what they've already been doing? For the PPV they really should feed him three.

WZ has learned that WWE officials have been discussing several ideas for Ryback at tonight's WWE No Way Out PPV.

Originally, WWE wanted to book Ryback to defeat four wrestlers in a squash match, however Bill DeMott, who recently returned to work for WWE, is pushing for the match to be a 2 man squash utilizing local talent.
As far as Ryback goes...

Yes he is a huge guy (a la Goldberg, Lesnar, Batista, Mason Ryn), but there is a reason why he faces countless "indy" jobbers every week and not even WWE jobbers.

If you remember, even Tensai and Brodus faced low level, WWE jobbers...

Theres a consensus backstage with the locker room that nobody wants to get in the ring with him due to fear of being legit injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
As strange as it sounds, TNA has been infinitely more entertaining than WWE for the last couple of months. Tonight's PPV was awful.
Well..i cant comment on how the shows have been presented (PPV wise) as i havent had the opportunity to see them...but from reading results wise, id say your spot on.

The news of TNA going live every Thursday has reportedly given a HUGE boost to moral in the locker room (regardless of ratings), andi think thats starting to show.

Also..seems like they are FINALLY getting rid of "older" talent.

Losing Shelley will hurt...but finally getting rid of that dead weight Flair, looks like Morgan is on his way out (not that he was bad, but he will be 36 later this year and hasnt been used a lot lately)...seems like although they are fan favorites RVD/Jeff Hardy/Anderson are in ME matches, but arente "going over" younger talent.

Also helps that Bischoff has been off TV..and Hogan only appears when it makes sense and is neccessary.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #1942 (permalink)

I'm seriously considering cutting down my wwe watching and upping my Tna intake. This is getting downright useless. Tna has been putting together great shows lately.

God Vince is starting to piss me off.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #1943 (permalink)

I pointed this out at the last PPV. Again at the start of the show they said "World Wrestling Entertainment Presents..." instead of the usual "WWE Presents...". A little change, but hopefully a sign of things to come.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #1944 (permalink)

Vince doesn't want a wrrrrrasling company, he hasn't since he took wwe public. He wants entertainment, more talking, skits, child like humor and movies.

TNA has better in-ring talent, however the production value and booking is brutal. It won't ever compete with WWE because when you turn it on, it looks and sounds like their in a bingo hall.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #1945 (permalink)

The bar I usually watch for free was having trouble with direct tv so I went to strip club instead but doesnt sound like I missed much. lol. How did cena win but Johnny not fired?
sesmarine04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:03 AM   #1946 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
Vince doesn't want a wrrrrrasling company, he hasn't since he took wwe public. He wants entertainment, more talking, skits, child like humor and movies.

TNA has better in-ring talent, however the production value and booking is brutal. It won't ever compete with WWE because when you turn it on, it looks and sounds like their in a bingo hall.
Guess you havent watched much TNA lately...

i can understand the same Orlando crowd, but they have also stated they will be going on the road live...andhave had a few PPV's at different venues.

As far as booking/storylines..yeah you really must not have been watching lately.

They are lightyears better than they were before...sure there are still some silly/no sense making things...but nobody is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmarine04 View Post
The bar I usually watch for free was having trouble with direct tv so I went to strip club instead but doesnt sound like I missed much. lol. How did cena win but Johnny not fired?
He was fired...Vince told him he was fired before Cena hit him with an AA through the spanish announce table.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:12 AM   #1947 (permalink)

sorry to ask another question, but I saw someone say Punk retained, which I expected, but the match was lame? I thought it was the best developed story line they had. What happened with AJ?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #1948 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
Guess you havent watched much TNA lately...

i can understand the same Orlando crowd, but they have also stated they will be going on the road live...andhave had a few PPV's at different venues.

As far as booking/storylines..yeah you really must not have been watching lately.

They are lightyears better than they were before...sure there are still some silly/no sense making things...but nobody is perfect.

He was fired...Vince told him he was fired before Cena hit him with an AA through the spanish announce table.
I agree 100%, over the past 2 months, TNA has REALLY improved.

I used to watch TNA all the time up until around 2008 when it got really, really bad. But I can see their story lines and booking have improved. They have built roode up to be an amazing champion
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #1949 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmarine04 View Post
sorry to ask another question, but I saw someone say Punk retained, which I expected, but the match was lame? I thought it was the best developed story line they had. What happened with AJ?
Looks like she came down towards the end, got on the apron...Punk shoved Kane into her knocking her down

Punk hits GTS on him for the win...Kane rolls out of the ring and picks her up and carries her to the back.

She kissed every member of the match earlier in the night

Far as the match overall..cant really comment, didnt see PPV
Old 06-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #1950 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
Looks like she came down towards the end, got on the apron...Punk shoved Kane into her knocking her down

Punk hits GTS on him for the win...Kane rolls out of the ring and picks her up and carries her to the back.

She kissed every member of the match earlier in the night

Far as the match overall..cant really comment, didnt see PPV
oh, ok thanks. funny they are abandoning the kane 'super evil heel' idea already? I agree with everyone else here that wwe really sucks lately, but I still like live shows and the few better stars wwe has. This is coming from someone who lives 45 minute from TNA tapings and has never gone. And Im a jerichoholic. lol