Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #2151 (permalink)
Member
 
DCN12586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Daphne, Alabama
Posts: 3,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Next weeks RAW is looking like it may be one of the better shows in years. Hopefully Austin will show up as well.

This show can't disappoint, though. I'm hoping Punk retains and we don't have to see John Cena in the title scene for a while.
I'm thinking if Cena wins the title the Rock challenges him at Summer Slam.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #2152 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,687
Default

Can someone please explain to me what the #@#@#@#@ tout is? I'm fine with the twitter obsession, but this just seems stupid.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #2153 (permalink)
Member
 
DCN12586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Daphne, Alabama
Posts: 3,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Can someone please explain to me what the #@#@#@#@ tout is? I'm fine with the twitter obsession, but this just seems stupid.
Basically twitter with video.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #2154 (permalink)
Member
 
Zoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 6,260
Default

If Cena wins the title at the show I'm going to, I'm breaking a long-standing rule of mine and throwing #@#@#@#@ in the ring at him. They don't seem to get what "Cena sucks" means, so if we pelt him with garbage, it might finally get through.
__________________
Lifelong St. Louis Cardinals fan. Lifelong Seattle Seahawks fan. John Smoltz collector. Garbage Pail Kids expert.
Twitter: ZoopSoul
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #2155 (permalink)
Member
 
Rinkwraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 4,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
If Cena wins the title at the show I'm going to, I'm breaking a long-standing rule of mine and throwing #@#@#@#@ in the ring at him. They don't seem to get what "Cena sucks" means, so if we pelt him with garbage, it might finally get through.
This has been the only thing that has worked over the last decade or so....
__________________
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isn’t that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #2156 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,553
Default

Now that Santino's been US Champion going on 20 weeks, can they drop the title from him? Not sure if he's even had one worthwhile defense. Same for pretty much all of the smaller titles. Last time the tag titles were interesting was the DX vs. Legacy feud in fall 2010, can't remember an interesting US title feud, and don't watch Smackdown or see the IC title. Maybe actually make #1 Contender matches more often and actually have a decent main event for Raw of Miz/Ziggler for the US title. Too many stupid handicap matches with Cena or random tag matches, not enough actual matches for titles to end Raw.
__________________
113 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #2157 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Now that Santino's been US Champion going on 20 weeks, can they drop the title from him? Not sure if he's even had one worthwhile defense. Same for pretty much all of the smaller titles. Last time the tag titles were interesting was the DX vs. Legacy feud in fall 2010, can't remember an interesting US title feud, and don't watch Smackdown or see the IC title. Maybe actually make #1 Contender matches more often and actually have a decent main event for Raw of Miz/Ziggler for the US title. Too many stupid handicap matches with Cena or random tag matches, not enough actual matches for titles to end Raw.
Daniel Bryan and The Miz had a very interesting and entertaining feud over the US Title back in fall 2010, and that's the last time it's carried any relevance. The WWE had something, IMO, in a Cody Rhodes/Christian feud over the IC Title, but broke it up so Cody could job and Christian could be in irrelevant tag matches with Santino.

IMO the last time the tag titles held any value was when the Hart Dynasty held them. They were really awesome. Shame they broke them up. It looks as though the tag titles are gaining prominence with AW's little stable getting more and more airtime, but chances are Titus and Darren will be broken up in no time and back to jobbing on Superstars.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #2158 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
If Cena wins the title at the show I'm going to, I'm breaking a long-standing rule of mine and throwing #@#@#@#@ in the ring at him. They don't seem to get what "Cena sucks" means, so if we pelt him with garbage, it might finally get through.
You'd better be bringing tomatoes then, because it looks as though Punk is dropping the title.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #2159 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Daniel Bryan and The Miz had a very interesting and entertaining feud over the US Title back in fall 2010, and that's the last time it's carried any relevance. The WWE had something, IMO, in a Cody Rhodes/Christian feud over the IC Title, but broke it up so Cody could job and Christian could be in irrelevant tag matches with Santino.

IMO the last time the tag titles held any value was when the Hart Dynasty held them. They were really awesome. Shame they broke them up. It looks as though the tag titles are gaining prominence with AW's little stable getting more and more airtime, but chances are Titus and Darren will be broken up in no time and back to jobbing on Superstars.
AW should dump the PTPers and pick up some actually talented and interesting people. Get Ziggler and Ryan to get him away from Vickie.
__________________
113 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #2160 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,553
Default

William Regal ‏@RealKingRegal
Talent that I've helped without asking anything from(you know who you are)it's time to help get me in the new GM position.@WWE #RegalforGM.
__________________
113 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #2161 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,553
Default

So the WWE champion isn't good enough to end a PPV any more?


Exclusive: Details Behind Cena Winning MITB & Original Plans
by Justin LaBar
July 19, 2012
SHARE THIS STORY

WZ has confirmed with sources that John Cena winning the WWE Championship Money in the Bank Match wasn't the original plan when the bout was set weeks prior.

Sources have confirmed the original plan was for Chris Jericho to win the briefcase, and then become the first superstar to cash in unsuccessfully. One of the top plans was for Jericho to attempt to cash in later in the pay-per-view after the CM Punk and Daniel Bryan match.

WWE then decided the week of the show that they would instead go with John Cena winning, which reportedly is why the CM Punk WWE Championship match got bumped from being the last on the card. WWE officials felt the PPV ending wouldn't be climactic enough if the CM Punk bout ended the show without anyone coming out to cash in the briefcase won earlier in the night.
__________________
113 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #2162 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,553
Default

And some interesting 1000 Raw numbers. 70 defenses of the two big titles seems pretty pathetic, along with only 8 submission matches. Too bad they don't have the records of the wrestlers, because Cena is probably 250-18-20 and Miz 6-150-5
__________________
113 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #2163 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
So the WWE champion isn't good enough to end a PPV any more?


Exclusive: Details Behind Cena Winning MITB & Original Plans
by Justin LaBar
July 19, 2012
SHARE THIS STORY

WZ has confirmed with sources that John Cena winning the WWE Championship Money in the Bank Match wasn't the original plan when the bout was set weeks prior.

Sources have confirmed the original plan was for Chris Jericho to win the briefcase, and then become the first superstar to cash in unsuccessfully. One of the top plans was for Jericho to attempt to cash in later in the pay-per-view after the CM Punk and Daniel Bryan match.

WWE then decided the week of the show that they would instead go with John Cena winning, which reportedly is why the CM Punk WWE Championship match got bumped from being the last on the card. WWE officials felt the PPV ending wouldn't be climactic enough if the CM Punk bout ended the show without anyone coming out to cash in the briefcase won earlier in the night.
#@#@#@#@ ME . This just pisses me off royally. I would've loved to see Y2J win the briefcase, but instead we get another meaningless John Cena push. God almighty.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #2164 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
#@#@#@#@ ME . This just pisses me off royally. I would've loved to see Y2J win the briefcase, but instead we get another meaningless John Cena push. God almighty.
They should have had Cena win in the 8:45-9:15 match slot, and then Bryan beat Punk with Cena cashing after the match to set up a triple threat main event for SS.
__________________
113 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #2165 (permalink)
Member
 
Zoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 6,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
They should have had Cena win in the 8:45-9:15 match slot, and then Bryan beat Punk with Cena cashing after the match to set up a triple threat main event for SS.
I would have murdered someone if Bryan's title reign was 18 seconds.
__________________
Lifelong St. Louis Cardinals fan. Lifelong Seattle Seahawks fan. John Smoltz collector. Garbage Pail Kids expert.
Twitter: ZoopSoul
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #2166 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
I would have murdered someone if Bryan's title reign was 18 seconds.
That's what they should have tried for next. Have Cena at ringside and distract the ref so Bryan can hit Punk low or poke in the eyes to pin him, and then immediately cash in his contract and make Bryan tap to the STF, could get it to 10 seconds or less. Make Cena a heel and make DBD look pathetic again.
__________________
113 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #2167 (permalink)
Member
 
ricksam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: usa
Posts: 3,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
That's what they should have tried for next. Have Cena at ringside and distract the ref so Bryan can hit Punk low or poke in the eyes to pin him, and then immediately cash in his contract and make Bryan tap to the STF, could get it to 10 seconds or less. Make Cena a heel and make DBD look pathetic again.
ha nice .. but id add make AJ help cena (so db not pathetic, but cheated) .. so have heel pimpin' cena end up w aj, and punk / db both as faces .. maybe punk and bryan go for tag team gold down the road to help the tag division
__________________
WTB/fs: Giftcards, PSP movies/games|FS: sketch cards: http://cardbucket.blogspot.com
WANT LIST http://cardbucket.blogspot.com/p/wants.html
NOW: 9/19f: 2 pending | OWE: new 1 BO, 1 NSCF
im around, but busy w nonhobby stuff
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #2168 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
ha nice .. but id add make AJ help cena (so db not pathetic, but cheated) .. so have heel pimpin' cena end up w aj, and punk / db both as faces .. maybe punk and bryan go for tag team gold down the road to help the tag division
Maybe AJ could have been "distracted" by Cena so that Bryan wins by a cheap rollup, she is the ref for Cena's cashing in match, and then they kiss after Cena wins.
__________________
113 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #2169 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,553
Default

Taker is confirmed for 1000.
__________________
113 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #2170 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Taker is confirmed for 1000.
Was REALLY hoping someone wouldn't post that. I saw an article about it and just avoided it. Wanted it to be a surprise.

Oh well, now I know.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #2171 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Was REALLY hoping someone wouldn't post that. I saw an article about it and just avoided it. Wanted it to be a surprise.

Oh well, now I know.
I was thinking of putting Taker in white, but figured it's already leaked and it would be pretty hard to read sites like WZ especially with the threads on the right and not see it.
__________________
113 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #2172 (permalink)
Member
 
DCN12586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Daphne, Alabama
Posts: 3,749
Default

No confirmations of Stone Cold or the Hitman, surely they will be there right?
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #2173 (permalink)
Member
 
DCN12586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Daphne, Alabama
Posts: 3,749
Default

Odds that when they announce the permanent Raw GM we hear glass break?
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #2174 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
No confirmations of Stone Cold or the Hitman, surely they will be there right?
I should hope so. There have been rumors that Stone Cold will be "stunning the band", if you know what I mean, but I've yet to hear anything about Bret showing up. Hopefully he'll be there.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #2175 (permalink)
Member
 
DCN12586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Daphne, Alabama
Posts: 3,749
Default

Edge will be there after Christian retains his title they strike for a 5 second pose.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.