Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #2151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Next weeks RAW is looking like it may be one of the better shows in years. Hopefully Austin will show up as well.

This show can't disappoint, though. I'm hoping Punk retains and we don't have to see John Cena in the title scene for a while.
I'm thinking if Cena wins the title the Rock challenges him at Summer Slam.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #2152 (permalink)

Can someone please explain to me what the #@#@#@#@ tout is? I'm fine with the twitter obsession, but this just seems stupid.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #2153 (permalink)

Quote:
Can someone please explain to me what the #@#@#@#@ tout is? I'm fine with the twitter obsession, but this just seems stupid.
Basically twitter with video.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #2154 (permalink)

If Cena wins the title at the show I'm going to, I'm breaking a long-standing rule of mine and throwing #@#@#@#@ in the ring at him. They don't seem to get what "Cena sucks" means, so if we pelt him with garbage, it might finally get through.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #2155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
If Cena wins the title at the show I'm going to, I'm breaking a long-standing rule of mine and throwing #@#@#@#@ in the ring at him. They don't seem to get what "Cena sucks" means, so if we pelt him with garbage, it might finally get through.
This has been the only thing that has worked over the last decade or so....
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isn’t that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #2156 (permalink)

Now that Santino's been US Champion going on 20 weeks, can they drop the title from him? Not sure if he's even had one worthwhile defense. Same for pretty much all of the smaller titles. Last time the tag titles were interesting was the DX vs. Legacy feud in fall 2010, can't remember an interesting US title feud, and don't watch Smackdown or see the IC title. Maybe actually make #1 Contender matches more often and actually have a decent main event for Raw of Miz/Ziggler for the US title. Too many stupid handicap matches with Cena or random tag matches, not enough actual matches for titles to end Raw.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #2157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Now that Santino's been US Champion going on 20 weeks, can they drop the title from him? Not sure if he's even had one worthwhile defense. Same for pretty much all of the smaller titles. Last time the tag titles were interesting was the DX vs. Legacy feud in fall 2010, can't remember an interesting US title feud, and don't watch Smackdown or see the IC title. Maybe actually make #1 Contender matches more often and actually have a decent main event for Raw of Miz/Ziggler for the US title. Too many stupid handicap matches with Cena or random tag matches, not enough actual matches for titles to end Raw.
Daniel Bryan and The Miz had a very interesting and entertaining feud over the US Title back in fall 2010, and that's the last time it's carried any relevance. The WWE had something, IMO, in a Cody Rhodes/Christian feud over the IC Title, but broke it up so Cody could job and Christian could be in irrelevant tag matches with Santino.

IMO the last time the tag titles held any value was when the Hart Dynasty held them. They were really awesome. Shame they broke them up. It looks as though the tag titles are gaining prominence with AW's little stable getting more and more airtime, but chances are Titus and Darren will be broken up in no time and back to jobbing on Superstars.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #2158 (permalink)

Quote:
You'd better be bringing tomatoes then, because it looks as though Punk is dropping the title.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #2159 (permalink)

Quote:
Daniel Bryan and The Miz had a very interesting and entertaining feud over the US Title back in fall 2010, and that's the last time it's carried any relevance. The WWE had something, IMO, in a Cody Rhodes/Christian feud over the IC Title, but broke it up so Cody could job and Christian could be in irrelevant tag matches with Santino.

IMO the last time the tag titles held any value was when the Hart Dynasty held them. They were really awesome. Shame they broke them up. It looks as though the tag titles are gaining prominence with AW's little stable getting more and more airtime, but chances are Titus and Darren will be broken up in no time and back to jobbing on Superstars.
AW should dump the PTPers and pick up some actually talented and interesting people. Get Ziggler and Ryan to get him away from Vickie.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 07-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #2160 (permalink)

William Regal ‏@RealKingRegal
Talent that I've helped without asking anything from(you know who you are)it's time to help get me in the new GM position.@WWE #RegalforGM.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #2161 (permalink)

So the WWE champion isn't good enough to end a PPV any more?

Exclusive: Details Behind Cena Winning MITB & Original Plans
by Justin LaBar
July 19, 2012
SHARE THIS STORY

WZ has confirmed with sources that John Cena winning the WWE Championship Money in the Bank Match wasn't the original plan when the bout was set weeks prior.

Sources have confirmed the original plan was for Chris Jericho to win the briefcase, and then become the first superstar to cash in unsuccessfully. One of the top plans was for Jericho to attempt to cash in later in the pay-per-view after the CM Punk and Daniel Bryan match.

WWE then decided the week of the show that they would instead go with John Cena winning, which reportedly is why the CM Punk WWE Championship match got bumped from being the last on the card. WWE officials felt the PPV ending wouldn't be climactic enough if the CM Punk bout ended the show without anyone coming out to cash in the briefcase won earlier in the night.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #2162 (permalink)

And some interesting 1000 Raw numbers. 70 defenses of the two big titles seems pretty pathetic, along with only 8 submission matches. Too bad they don't have the records of the wrestlers, because Cena is probably 250-18-20 and Miz 6-150-5
Old 07-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #2163 (permalink)

Quote:
So the WWE champion isn't good enough to end a PPV any more?

Exclusive: Details Behind Cena Winning MITB & Original Plans
by Justin LaBar
July 19, 2012
SHARE THIS STORY

WZ has confirmed with sources that John Cena winning the WWE Championship Money in the Bank Match wasn't the original plan when the bout was set weeks prior.

Sources have confirmed the original plan was for Chris Jericho to win the briefcase, and then become the first superstar to cash in unsuccessfully. One of the top plans was for Jericho to attempt to cash in later in the pay-per-view after the CM Punk and Daniel Bryan match.

WWE then decided the week of the show that they would instead go with John Cena winning, which reportedly is why the CM Punk WWE Championship match got bumped from being the last on the card. WWE officials felt the PPV ending wouldn't be climactic enough if the CM Punk bout ended the show without anyone coming out to cash in the briefcase won earlier in the night.
#@#@#@#@ ME . This just pisses me off royally. I would've loved to see Y2J win the briefcase, but instead we get another meaningless John Cena push. God almighty.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #2164 (permalink)

Quote:
#@#@#@#@ ME . This just pisses me off royally. I would've loved to see Y2J win the briefcase, but instead we get another meaningless John Cena push. God almighty.
They should have had Cena win in the 8:45-9:15 match slot, and then Bryan beat Punk with Cena cashing after the match to set up a triple threat main event for SS.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #2165 (permalink)

Quote:
They should have had Cena win in the 8:45-9:15 match slot, and then Bryan beat Punk with Cena cashing after the match to set up a triple threat main event for SS.
I would have murdered someone if Bryan's title reign was 18 seconds.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #2166 (permalink)

Quote:
I would have murdered someone if Bryan's title reign was 18 seconds.
That's what they should have tried for next. Have Cena at ringside and distract the ref so Bryan can hit Punk low or poke in the eyes to pin him, and then immediately cash in his contract and make Bryan tap to the STF, could get it to 10 seconds or less. Make Cena a heel and make DBD look pathetic again.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #2167 (permalink)

Quote:
That's what they should have tried for next. Have Cena at ringside and distract the ref so Bryan can hit Punk low or poke in the eyes to pin him, and then immediately cash in his contract and make Bryan tap to the STF, could get it to 10 seconds or less. Make Cena a heel and make DBD look pathetic again.
ha nice .. but id add make AJ help cena (so db not pathetic, but cheated) .. so have heel pimpin' cena end up w aj, and punk / db both as faces .. maybe punk and bryan go for tag team gold down the road to help the tag division
im around, but busy w nonhobby stuff
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #2168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
ha nice .. but id add make AJ help cena (so db not pathetic, but cheated) .. so have heel pimpin' cena end up w aj, and punk / db both as faces .. maybe punk and bryan go for tag team gold down the road to help the tag division
Maybe AJ could have been "distracted" by Cena so that Bryan wins by a cheap rollup, she is the ref for Cena's cashing in match, and then they kiss after Cena wins.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #2169 (permalink)

Taker is confirmed for 1000.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #2170 (permalink)

Quote:
Taker is confirmed for 1000.
Was REALLY hoping someone wouldn't post that. I saw an article about it and just avoided it. Wanted it to be a surprise.

Oh well, now I know.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #2171 (permalink)

Quote:
Was REALLY hoping someone wouldn't post that. I saw an article about it and just avoided it. Wanted it to be a surprise.

Oh well, now I know.
I was thinking of putting Taker in white, but figured it's already leaked and it would be pretty hard to read sites like WZ especially with the threads on the right and not see it.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #2172 (permalink)

No confirmations of Stone Cold or the Hitman, surely they will be there right?
Old 07-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #2173 (permalink)

Odds that when they announce the permanent Raw GM we hear glass break?
Old 07-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #2174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
No confirmations of Stone Cold or the Hitman, surely they will be there right?
I should hope so. There have been rumors that Stone Cold will be "stunning the band", if you know what I mean, but I've yet to hear anything about Bret showing up. Hopefully he'll be there.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #2175 (permalink)

Edge will be there after Christian retains his title they strike for a 5 second pose.