Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #2251 (permalink)

What's Rock doing on the mat? He only took one shot.
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #2252 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
What's Rock doing on the mat? He only took one shot.
Where the #@#@#@#@ is Stone Cold how the #@#@#@#@ did they not have on the show?
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #2253 (permalink)

Quote:
what's rock doing on the mat? He only took one shot.
its called acting (over)

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #2254 (permalink)

So does next week have to start with Punk cutting a heel promo of some sort? If he feuds with Cena, seems hard to boo Punk after he's been the face champion for so long.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #2255 (permalink)

God that was awful. I didn't think it was possible for WWE to disappoint tonight, but they found a way to. Absolutely awful. This social media crap needs to end, and creative needs to get their heads out of their asses and put forth a solid program.

Only solid part of the show was the Punk heel turn. Otherwise the show was absolutely awful (save a segment or two).
Old 07-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #2256 (permalink)

Why are there so many complaints about wwe programming on this thread? Every week it's the same negative comments, yet you guys continue to watch it anyway. This show was absolutely great and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Great promos, lots of guest appearances, & an unexpected heel turn. Can't wait to tune in next week =)
Old 07-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #2257 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardbooker View Post
Why are there so many complaints about wwe programming on this thread? Every week it's the same negative comments, yet you guys continue to watch it anyway. This show was absolutely great and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Great promos, lots of guest appearances, & an unexpected heel turn. Can't wait to tune in next week =)
A couple of my problems with the show:

First off, the usage of Bret Hart, the best in-ring performer of all time, was absolutely awful. A special guest announcer, really? Nothing good came from it. None at all.

Secondly the usage of the Undertaker was poor as well. I figured WWE would use this to build up to his WrestleMania match. Instead he just got the standard legends treatment. He wasn't "The Deadman", he was just another returning legend.

Thirdly, no Steve Austin? The man shaped the attitude era. RAW might not have made it to 1000 had it not been for Stone Cold. HHH gets 35 minutes of airtime, yet Austin can't get a single appearance?

Finally, and this is the biggie, this Tout crap NEEDS TO END. We're two weeks into the Tout obsession and I already hate it. I could live with twitter, I can bear YouTube, I can even handle facebook. But Tout needs to go. Period. And that 100 millionth social media user? What the hell was that?

It was not a good show for what was expected. As a regular RAW, or a PPV, it would've been very good. But this was supposed to be similar to WrestleMania. And compared to that, it was a dud.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:12 AM   #2258 (permalink)

Comments in red below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
A couple of my problems with the show:

First off, the usage of Bret Hart, the best in-ring performer of all time, was absolutely awful. A special guest announcer, really? Nothing good came from it. None at all.

When is the last time you remember an Intercontinental championship match having a proper introduction? His brief intro helps build credibility for the title. Besides, Bret Hart is in no condition to wrestle anymore, so what more can be expected? I'll take the brief cameo over an absence any day of the week.

Secondly the usage of the Undertaker was poor as well. I figured WWE would use this to build up to his WrestleMania match. Instead he just got the standard legends treatment. He wasn't "The Deadman", he was just another returning legend.

It's a night of reunions (see DX). The Brothers of Destruction were one of the most dominant tag teams at the time, so it was nice to see them together again. Personally, I'm glad they're not building up an UT feud just yet. Wrestlemania is a long ways away, and it would be difficult to keep any angle going for that long (see Rock vs Cena).

Thirdly, no Steve Austin? The man shaped the attitude era. RAW might not have made it to 1000 had it not been for Stone Cold. HHH gets 35 minutes of airtime, yet Austin can't get a single appearance?

Agreed. I would have loved to see SCSA. However, I doubt that WWE held him off the show due to time contraint. Its more likely that SCSA was too busy with prior commitments to attend the show. Oh well, what can you do right?

Finally, and this is the biggie, this Tout crap NEEDS TO END. We're two weeks into the Tout obsession and I already hate it. I could live with twitter, I can bear YouTube, I can even handle facebook. But Tout needs to go. Period. And that 100 millionth social media user? What the hell was that?

No comment. I also don't care for social media.
It was not a good show for what was expected. As a regular RAW, or a PPV, it would've been very good. But this was supposed to be similar to WrestleMania. And compared to that, it was a dud.
I certainly did not expect Wrestlemania hype, but definitely more than a weekly show hype. If compared to a PPV, I'd say it delivered just fine.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #2259 (permalink)
Banned

Saw this online

The biggest surprise backstage at RAW 1000 last night was Steve Austin not appearing on TV. Austin was rumored to be in St. Louis yesterday but wasn't. There have been no tweets from Austin either.

F4Wonline.com reports that Austin is in California working on the movie Grown Ups 2 and he wasn't a big enough star to where he could just take a day away from filming to appear on RAW.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #2260 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Saw this online

The biggest surprise backstage at RAW 1000 last night was Steve Austin not appearing on TV. Austin was rumored to be in St. Louis yesterday but wasn't. There have been no tweets from Austin either.

F4Wonline.com reports that Austin is in California working on the movie Grown Ups 2 and he wasn't a big enough star to where he could just take a day away from filming to appear on RAW.
sounds like bs to me because if wanted to he could have pre recorded something or he could have gotten out of it if he really wanted to ...he could have brought adam sandler and crew with him

Old 07-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #2261 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Saw this online

I've heard he just had knee surgery and was recovering. I don't know what to believe right now. It's hard to fathom that the biggest star in Raw history wasn't there for the 1000th episode.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #2262 (permalink)

Quote:
Daniel was really screaming at refs for 5 minutes during the break?
Yup. And it was awesome. Nearly got into a fist fight with a guy behind me who was annoyed by our section screaming "YES!" so I screamed it in his face until I was turning blue.

God, I hate wrestling fans.

Loved Fink returning and Mae Young's hand joke. Classic. Punk as a heel is only natural. Not bad. If they have Bryan face Sheen, though, I don't see how it's any different from Arquette being involved in WCW, sans title.
Zoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #2263 (permalink)
Banned

Get a free stone cold Steve Austin auto with the special edition of wwe 13:
I saw this on x-play and thought some people might enjoy it

WWE '13 Collector's Edition features Stone Cold Steve Austin | Joystiq
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #2264 (permalink)
Banned

Was a huge fan back in the day. Went to a Raw back in 99 I think, and got tons of autos at airport. Haven't looked at them in a decade or so. Just found them tonight. My only question is what happened to Val Venis?!?
chadj88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #2265 (permalink)
Banned

Lookin forward to the return of Randy Orton tonight!!!!! kick some heads son
mdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #2266 (permalink)

and still predictable

Old 07-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #2267 (permalink)

Time to get Sandow in the championship picture.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #2268 (permalink)

Aren't street fight, no holds barred, and falls count anywhere the exact same style of match?
Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #2269 (permalink)

has there been any matches yet?
it seems and feels like an hour of talk

Old 07-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #2270 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
has there been any matches yet?
it seems and feels like an hour of talk
ADR squashing Santino and vowing to not complete until Summerslam, and Sandow destroying Clay.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #2271 (permalink)

sandow is doing lanny poffo's gimic .. championship picture??? - no way ... Wade Barrett 1st

and why isnt ADR a champion now - he just beat Santino .. lame "not for the title" match stipulation
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #2272 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
sandow is doing lanny poffo's gimic .. championship picture??? - no way ... Wade Barrett 1st

and why isnt ADR a champion now - he just beat Santino .. lame "not for the title" match stipulation
What happened to Wade Barrett? I like Sandow, it's a classic gimmick - WWE is lacking those.
JoeBlasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #2273 (permalink)

Wade injured awhile back .. returning soon i think
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #2274 (permalink)

Quote:
Aren't street fight, no holds barred, and falls count anywhere the exact same style of match?
yes and no
they are like 1st 2nd & 3rd cousins

Old 07-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #2275 (permalink)

Vince naming Smackdown GM tomorrow, any guesses?