Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #2351 (permalink)

All of the faces should come from the locker room and take Brock, and then Ryback ends up beating him 1 on 1.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #2352 (permalink)
Banned

Guys, as a long-time follower and ECW fanatic in the day, I hate to say this but.......it's over......

The new announcement that WWE studios is making an animated Scooby-Doo film featuring several wrestlers (god, please keep Undertaker out of it) just re-affirms that WWPG will continue and ride it all right into the grave.

Just saying it's going to be real hard to watch when they start plugging animated Scooby-Doo trailers in the middle of the programming and your buddies are there drinking beers with you...
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #2353 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Guys, as a long-time follower and ECW fanatic in the day, I hate to say this but.......it's over......

The new announcement that WWE studios is making an animated Scooby-Doo film featuring several wrestlers (god, please keep Undertaker out of it) just re-affirms that WWPG will continue and ride it all right into the grave.

Just saying it's going to be real hard to watch when they start plugging animated Scooby-Doo trailers in the middle of the programming and your buddies are there drinking beers with you...
No offense, but you're the most delusional person in the world if you think this is going to kill WWE. Do you not remember the Hulk Hogan cartoon in the 80s, which had stupid crap like a robot alien and a horse that kept biting Hogan's ass and none of the wrestlers did the voiceover work? Don't even try to tell me that cartoon is any better than this.

Wrestling fans will make a mountain out of a molehill for the dumbest reasons, I swear. This won't kill WWE. If you honestly think people are gonna go, "WTF SCOOBY DOO NEVER WATCHING WWE AGAIN" after they had THE FREAKING MUPPETS ON RAW, you're out of your mind.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #2354 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakigatame View Post
No offense, but you're the most delusional person in the world if you think this is going to kill WWE. Do you not remember the Hulk Hogan cartoon in the 80s, which had stupid crap like a robot alien and a horse that kept biting Hogan's ass and none of the wrestlers did the voiceover work? Don't even try to tell me that cartoon is any better than this.

Wrestling fans will make a mountain out of a molehill for the dumbest reasons, I swear. This won't kill WWE. If you honestly think people are gonna go, "WTF SCOOBY DOO NEVER WATCHING WWE AGAIN" after they had THE FREAKING MUPPETS ON RAW, you're out of your mind.
Not saying it kills WWE, just the attitude era seems a long, long time ago now. I remember going to the local BW3 with a packed house for the PPVs and everyone carrying on and drinking away. Or going to ECW events while chanting "holy $%!#" "You fat *@$%" and watching at least 2-3 of the females in the audience go extreme as well.

So basically, the era when it was "fun" is over, not the product itself is over. And I think that has been stated quite a bit on here.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #2355 (permalink)

Quote:
Or going to ECW events while chanting "holy $%!#" "You fat *@$%" and watching at least 2-3 of the females in the audience go extreme as well.
The ECW fans are overrated. They disrespected so much legitimate talent that it wasn't even funny. Go back and watch Cyberslam 99. Jerry Lynn and Tajiri have a great match (also Aguila vs. TAKA and Mosco vs. Super Crazy were great matches too) and the fans didn't care. New Jack comes out in the main event (which by the way was horrible and New Jack didn't add to it at all) and they lose their minds. The ECW fans were also the people that chanted "You f--ked up" at The Great Sasuke, and "Boring" at Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko. Screw them. I'd rather have the Attitude era WWF crowds who were into the action instead of trying to get themselves over.

I do love ECW on TNN, though. Probably my favorite non WWF RAW TV run ever.

Quote:
So basically, the era when it was "fun" is over
I agree.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #2356 (permalink)
Banned

You just reminded me of my favorite ECW live moment at a house show in Cleveland. On the card was Tajiri vs. Kid Kash, Kash being pushed as a face at the time and Tajiri still in heel mode. Most of the audience didn't care for Kash and respected Tajiri for his skills. At just the right time before the match started I yelled quite audibly "kick that f@&&*t's ass Tajiri" and the crowd went all in. Kash and Tajiri both took in the crowd with Kash yelling at us and Tajiri trying to figure out why we were supporting him and doing some pretty funny Rock impersonations to milk the crowd more. One tree of woe later and some hysterical Tajiri moves during the match and the crowd was happy. I guess we had good fans in Cleveland at the time, good times.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #2357 (permalink)

Watching the only real wrestling show WWE's putting out right now. Scotty 2 Hotty just made an appearance! Pretty awesome seeing the Worm again!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #2358 (permalink)

According to several high level sources within WWE, the new Saturday Morning Slam show, set to debut on the CW Network on August 25th, will carry an interesting, unspoken match rule due to the fact that the show is geared towards children.

WZ has learned that the matches taped for Saturday Morning Slam are not to feature moves aimed at the neck, which would include anything from a simple headlock to an RKO.

At this point the feeling is that moves performed to the neck might come off as too violent, so WWE is avoiding any type of offense that gives the appearance of "snapping" or targeting the neck area.

It remains to be seen if this is a rule WWE will adhere to long term, but it's being said that the first match taped for Slam, which took place at this week's Smackdown taping, did not feature any offense aimed at the neck.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
Old 08-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #2359 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
According to several high level sources within WWE, the new Saturday Morning Slam show, set to debut on the CW Network on August 25th, will carry an interesting, unspoken match rule due to the fact that the show is geared towards children.

WZ has learned that the matches taped for Saturday Morning Slam are not to feature moves aimed at the neck, which would include anything from a simple headlock to an RKO.

At this point the feeling is that moves performed to the neck might come off as too violent, so WWE is avoiding any type of offense that gives the appearance of "snapping" or targeting the neck area.

It remains to be seen if this is a rule WWE will adhere to long term, but it's being said that the first match taped for Slam, which took place at this week's Smackdown taping, did not feature any offense aimed at the neck.
I was reading this earlier. I may have to wake up early just to see what the match will be like. Should be very interesting...and awful.

Linda has to be stopped. God I hope she loses.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #2360 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I was reading this earlier. I may have to wake up early just to see what the match will be like. Should be very interesting...and awful.

Linda has to be stopped. God I hope she loses.
Really, someone rich needs to step in and run a huge campaign against her. How do you even have a match without anything to the head/neck? Figure fours, spears, and kicks? That'll be a hit.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #2361 (permalink)

Kinda getting sick of watching the Lesnar/HHH/Stephanie bit. Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't show that entire video bit three times each and every Smackdown.

I was hoping Booker T would start yelling "5 Time" and scissor kick the lionheart, then doing the spin-a-roonie until "The Giant" comes and beats him up, setting up a triple threat match at Summerslam between the three.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #2362 (permalink)

I love the bickering between Cole and Matthews. "Hey Stephen A. Smith can I get a word in here?".

Josh Matthews is 1000x better than Jerry.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #2363 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I love the bickering between Cole and Matthews. "Hey Stephen A. Smith can I get a word in here?".

Josh Matthews is 1000x better than Jerry.
Disagree. I'd just like to hear about the wrestling than personal agendas being expressed.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #2364 (permalink)

what are tonights matches

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #2365 (permalink)

Santino vs. Cesaro for US title
Miz vs. Mysterio for IC title
Kofi/Truth vs. Prime Time Players
Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
Sandow vs. Clay
Ziggler vs. Jericho
Sheamus vs. Del Rio for WHC title
Punk vs. Cena vs. Show for WWE title
Triple H w/ HBK vs. Lesnar w/ Heyman
Old 08-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #2366 (permalink)

Santino vs. Cesaro for US title pre ppv match nothing special
Miz vs. Mysterio for IC title mysterio been back like a month and i am sick of already

Kofi/Truth vs. Prime Time Players are the titles on the line this time ?
Kane vs. Daniel Bryan bryan goes darkside
Sandow vs. Clay rather be playing scrabble
Ziggler vs. Jericho see below
Sheamus vs. Del Rio for WHC title del rio loses
Punk vs. Cena vs. Show for WWE title see below
Triple H w/ HBK vs. Lesnar w/ Heyman will be a flat out brawl

eith one or 2 things happen
ziggler win the tittle by cashing in
or
punk loses due to inference by the rock... but punk will have the titlle back by the rumble

Old 08-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #2367 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
Santino vs. Cesaro for US title pre ppv match nothing special
Miz vs. Mysterio for IC title mysterio been back like a month and i am sick of already

Kofi/Truth vs. Prime Time Players are the titles on the line this time ?
Kane vs. Daniel Bryan bryan goes darkside
Sandow vs. Clay rather be playing scrabble
Ziggler vs. Jericho see below
Sheamus vs. Del Rio for WHC title del rio loses
Punk vs. Cena vs. Show for WWE title see below
Triple H w/ HBK vs. Lesnar w/ Heyman will be a flat out brawl

eith one or 2 things happen
ziggler win the tittle by cashing in
or
punk loses due to inference by the rock... but punk will have the titlle back by the rumble
Tag is supposed to be for the titles, forgot that. Sandow is pretty good, can't stand Clay though.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #2368 (permalink)

Looks like WWE Championship will end the show. Think Linda had any influence on that???

I guess Linda doesn't want the show to end with a mega heel on top (Lesnar). Unless Big Show wins
Old 08-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #2369 (permalink)

I like this idea. Ziggler can retire Jericho to go back to his Fozzy tour, and can have his first large title defense.

UNLESS... The thought crossed my mind that the World Title could open the show, again. If Ziggler manages to cash-in and become Champion, and then is persuaded by Jericho to put it all on the line in their match... I still have to go with Ziggler. And yes, they still totally could add Y2J's career to the mix. And they should.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #2370 (permalink)

Anything happen in the first 10 minutes? Had to eat first.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #2371 (permalink)

bat rey??????????

Old 08-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #2372 (permalink)

What happened in the tag match? Haven't really been watching.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #2373 (permalink)

Double submission? So now Show must be eliminated and it's Punk vs. Cena.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #2374 (permalink)

Just a restart? Should have made it Punk vs. Cena with a stipulation.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #2375 (permalink)

Nice, Punk retains off the AA.