Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #2376 (permalink)

No Undertaker, no Rock, no HBK, nothing setting up Wrestlemania's main event? Attention hungry boss must have just wanted to end the show to tease 3 more retirements and returns.
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #2377 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
No Undertaker, no Rock, no HBK, nothing setting up Wrestlemania's main event? Attention hungry boss must have just wanted to end the show to tease 3 more retirements and returns.
Who retired and who returned?
DCN12586 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #2378 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
Who retired and who returned?
Triple H was acting like he was going to retire, but there's no way with his ego he'd be done, he'll have a few more last matches.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #2379 (permalink)

Quote:
Brock set up as legit challenger for 'Taker at WM. Mission accomplished there.

Didn't order this one, crappy card.
Zoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #2380 (permalink)

No Taker, No Rock, No HBK...no problem. I thought it was one of the better PPV's in recent memory. Perhaps something went wrong with either HHH or Brock that made them end the match quite a bit early and stuck HHH with the 10 minute walkoff just to eat up time.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #2381 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
No Taker, No Rock, No HBK...no problem. I thought it was one of the better PPV's in recent memory. Perhaps something went wrong with either HHH or Brock that made them end the match quite a bit early and stuck HHH with the 10 minute walkoff just to eat up time.
Brock could have done something to cramp up his side.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #2382 (permalink)

Decent PPV overall IMO. Glad to see Jericho get the win in what might be his final match (let's hope not!).

Tag match pissed me off royally, seeing as I'm the PTP biggest fan. I guess the tag division really is dead

Bryan over Kane was nice. These two work well together. We should see a couple of matches between the two in the near future.

Sheamus "beats" Del Rio: heel turn for sheamus IMO, with a "face" turn for Del Rio. Good match, should be a rematch between the two very soon. Title needs to come off Sheamus.

Punk over Cena and Big Show: great match IF Punk holds until RR. If Punk loses at NOC this'll have been an awful outcome.

Lesnar over Trips: good match with a perfect ending. HHH wasn't ever close to beating Brock, he got manhandled. Perfect way to set up either Brock/Taker or Brock/Rock

If it weren't for the Kevin Rudolf segment (WHITE TRASH ALERT) this would've been, IMO, the 2nd best PPV of the year (after WrestleMania). It falls behind Extreme Rules because of Rudolf's bull crap.

Fred Durst though, LOVED IT.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #2383 (permalink)

well i was thinking of ordering it today but after hearing the hhh lesnar match was short ? forget it .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #2384 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
well i was thinking of ordering it today but after hearing the hhh lesnar match was short ? forget it .
it wasn't that short, but it did look like Lesnar may have hurt his arm or kidney area, the way he was holding his arm up as he left the ring.
sesmarine04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #2385 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Decent PPV overall IMO. Glad to see Jericho get the win in what might be his final match (let's hope not!).

Tag match pissed me off royally, seeing as I'm the PTP biggest fan. I guess the tag division really is dead

Bryan over Kane was nice. These two work well together. We should see a couple of matches between the two in the near future.

Sheamus "beats" Del Rio: heel turn for sheamus IMO, with a "face" turn for Del Rio. Good match, should be a rematch between the two very soon. Title needs to come off Sheamus.

Punk over Cena and Big Show: great match IF Punk holds until RR. If Punk loses at NOC this'll have been an awful outcome.

Lesnar over Trips: good match with a perfect ending. HHH wasn't ever close to beating Brock, he got manhandled. Perfect way to set up either Brock/Taker or Brock/Rock

If it weren't for the Kevin Rudolf segment (WHITE TRASH ALERT) this would've been, IMO, the 2nd best PPV of the year (after WrestleMania). It falls behind Extreme Rules because of Rudolf's bull crap.

Fred Durst though, LOVED IT.
What happened in the tag match? Missed all of that match. Also stopped paying attention during that crappy song, did they show him flipping him off on TV?
Old 08-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #2386 (permalink)

Tag match was lame, clean win for truth/kofi... Fred Durst just flipped off the camera when they were showing "stars" in the audience like him and david arquette
sesmarine04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #2387 (permalink)

Quote:
What happened in the tag match? Missed all of that match. Also stopped paying attention during that crappy song, did they show him flipping him off on TV?
Typical tag match. Should've been PTP picking up the titles, instead Kofi and Truth, perhaps the worst tag champs ever, retained the titles.

Fred Durst flipped off the camera while they went around showing celebrities. David Arquette was there as well with his WCW Championship!

Kevin Rudolf AKA The King of White Trash performed, with the camera going around showing people dancing (including Michael Cole!).

Kevin Rudolf's performance may have been the worst segment in WWE history (yes, worse than Katie Vick).
Old 08-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #2388 (permalink)

the ppv lacked a wow
summerslam is one of the big 4 ppv (mania, rumble,slam and survior ) and on that level it sucked

:Peyton:

Last edited by natbornkiller; 08-20-2012 at 06:37 PM.
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #2389 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
the ppv lacked a wow
summerslam is on of the big 4 ppv (mania, rumble,slam and survior ) and on that level it sucked
No title changes that actually matter, had to end with a heel on top, completely missing a big summer angle.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #2390 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I was there live at Summerslam last night and I was shocked by no run-ins or big OMG moments

Buying Hunter Green 2013 BDPP Autos - Purple, Red and Super
hester72598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #2391 (permalink)

The worst WWE major 4 PPV I have seen in years.

The PG era is killing the WWE.
BoxBreaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #2392 (permalink)

Ziggler vs. Jericho with MITB vs. Career. Sounds like a great match.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #2393 (permalink)

Quote:
Ziggler vs. Jericho with MITB vs. Career. Sounds like a great match.
Knowing Vince he'll find a way to screw it up.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #2394 (permalink)

Can someone please explain to me what millionaires dancing and getting wasted has to do with stopping bullying?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #2395 (permalink)

Natayla should be a little more discreet with her in-ring commands, too loud, and too obvious.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #2396 (permalink)

What is with the WWE Studios making an R rated movie? How can they possibly promote that type of movie when they are PG?
Old 08-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #2397 (permalink)

There's a decent heel move.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #2398 (permalink)

Paul Heyman screaming "Brock Lesnar" was the best moment in WWE history IMO. No joke.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #2399 (permalink)

:Peyton:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #2400 (permalink)

Quote:
There's a decent heel move.
Who turned heel?
DCN12586 is online now   Reply With Quote