Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #2451 (permalink)

Rumors are Punk got fined along with the referee for the bleeding that occurred on RAW 2 weeks ago. Apparently, the blood was not supposed to occur, and Punk paid both the fines for him and the referee that held the object to help him bleed. Don't know if its truth, but its gotten around.
Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #2452 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carney View Post
Rumors are Punk got fined along with the referee for the bleeding that occurred on RAW 2 weeks ago. Apparently, the blood was not supposed to occur, and Punk paid both the fines for him and the referee that held the object to help him bleed. Don't know if its truth, but its gotten around.
He bladed plain as day and make a right mess of it as he did it while he was running and ended up way too high and jagged. Quite why he would blade in a non-PPV match when no ones bladed in WWE for so long, is anyones guess. if he got fined, it was for blading. Dont see how the ref would get fined if it was accidental, that alone makes his version look false.
Autographz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #2453 (permalink)

When in the match was it that Punk was blading, or is there a decent video of it? I wasn't paying too much attention to the match, so I don't remember seeing him bleeding.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #2454 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
When in the match was it that Punk was blading, or is there a decent video of it? I wasn't paying too much attention to the match, so I don't remember seeing him bleeding.
It was right before Lawler drops the fist off the turnbuckle. Punk blades while running towards the cage, then the ref drops and takes the blade away.

Pic from another forum -

Autographz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #2455 (permalink)

Default slight sidetrack..but still wrestling

ok..so this doesnt really pertain to WWE, but ROH related...

i have been tryin to keep up with the ROH shows, well..basically because nothing else is on late night Sat/Sun..but thats another topic...

but can somebody please explain to me the reasoning behind what i read/hear about "Dem Boys" the Briscoe Bros...being one of wrestlings greatest tag teams for the past few years?

i find their redneck schtick funny and entertaining at times...but at other times almost unbearable.

but aside from that...their ring work is absolutely atrocious at times (i realize they arent always in the ring with WWE or even TNA type talent..but still).

Can someone please try to explain?

also..nice to see ROH is struggling to scrape the barrel for talent nowadays...Mike Sydal?? really??

in case WWE readers in the thread are not aware...this is Matt Sydal's (Evan Bourne) legit brother. They even referenced it during the match
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #2456 (permalink)

Speaking of him, is Bourne ever going to return?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 09-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #2457 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
ok..so this doesnt really pertain to WWE, but ROH related...

i have been tryin to keep up with the ROH shows, well..basically because nothing else is on late night Sat/Sun..but thats another topic...

but can somebody please explain to me the reasoning behind what i read/hear about "Dem Boys" the Briscoe Bros...being one of wrestlings greatest tag teams for the past few years?

i find their redneck schtick funny and entertaining at times...but at other times almost unbearable.

but aside from that...their ring work is absolutely atrocious at times (i realize they arent always in the ring with WWE or even TNA type talent..but still).

Can someone please try to explain?

also..nice to see ROH is struggling to scrape the barrel for talent nowadays...Mike Sydal?? really??

in case WWE readers in the thread are not aware...this is Matt Sydal's (Evan Bourne) legit brother. They even referenced it during the match
Mark Briscoe is the better worker of the two (and funnier option, to boot), but I don't think they're bad workers by any means, either. They're definitely love/hate-worthy; I personally really like them and find them entertaining, in spite of my hatred of all things southern culture. They're almost a caricature of the south, which might be why I like them.

I've said it before but I guess it needs to be said again, ROH is in the process of building names. Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, etc. are the future Claudio Castagnolis and Chris Heroes of the wrestling world. They need to better utilize some guys though, like El Generico and TJ Perkins being two examples.

Finding good wrestlers isn't an issue for Ring of Honor. One episode of free television is better than the year's "Best Of" compilation from WWE and TNA combined in terms of in-ring ability from those companies being too old/being too untalented/time restraints/choreographed matches. In my opinion, their biggest folly is providing uncompelling story lines. Gee, Kevin Steen can't hold the title for those September meetings with TV executives! I'm willing to bet he will. Furthermore, why should we care? It's not like it's leading up to a funny skit or anything.

Quote:
Speaking of him, is Bourne ever going to return?

Still laid up from his crushed foot. Those are some tricky bones, I guess.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #2458 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
Mark Briscoe is the better worker of the two (and funnier option, to boot), but I don't think they're bad workers by any means, either. They're definitely love/hate-worthy; I personally really like them and find them entertaining, in spite of my hatred of all things southern culture. They're almost a caricature of the south, which might be why I like them.

I've said it before but I guess it needs to be said again, ROH is in the process of building names. Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, etc. are the future Claudio Castagnolis and Chris Heroes of the wrestling world. They need to better utilize some guys though, like El Generico and TJ Perkins being two examples.

Finding good wrestlers isn't an issue for Ring of Honor. One episode of free television is better than the year's "Best Of" compilation from WWE and TNA combined in terms of in-ring ability from those companies being too old/being too untalented/time restraints/choreographed matches. In my opinion, their biggest folly is providing uncompelling story lines. Gee, Kevin Steen can't hold the title for those September meetings with TV executives! I'm willing to bet he will. Furthermore, why should we care? It's not like it's leading up to a funny skit or anything.

Still laid up from his crushed foot. Those are some tricky bones, I guess.
I wasnt trying to knock ROH or anything...like i said i actually like them to a point.

But the past months worth of matches or so ive been unimpressed with the Briscoes ringwork, and wasnt sure if it was due to the "lack of talent" in the ring with them or what...because the WGTT feud was pretty good, but we know how good they are in the ring.

I actually like some of ROH up and coming talent:

Sicilian Psychopath Tomaso Ciampa...Unbreakable Michael Elgin....Prodigy Mike Bennett

seems like they are running out of "faces" though...Rhino gets GORE chants, but hes with HOT, Davey Richards has disappeared and rumored to be in trouble, Eddie Edwards push has taking a sever nosedive...Mondo doesnt count, because i havent figured out wtf his "character" is suppose to be...

and they even just recently turned Lethal "edgier" for a title shot..so hes no longer the "clean babyface"
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #2459 (permalink)

Should be one of the better RAW's of the year. I thought about going down but couldn't find anyone to go with.

Bret Hart's return should be one of the biggest pops in a long, long time.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #2460 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Should be one of the better RAW's of the year. I thought about going down but couldn't find anyone to go with.

Bret Hart's return should be one of the biggest pops in a long, long time.
He's starting the show.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #2461 (permalink)

Bret can't even get a word in over the crowd.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #2462 (permalink)

Punk interrupting Bret in Canada is a good way to start his heel turn.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #2463 (permalink)

At least the Canadians chanted "#@#@#@#@#@#@#@" instead of the stupid Whoareya chants.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #2464 (permalink)

wow .. waste of a ppv level match there w all the champs (miz / cessaro) vs each other ..
seems fitting for night of champions given none of these guys have opponents YET

ppv is sunday sheesh
im around, but busy w nonhobby stuff
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #2465 (permalink)

Oh how I love Montreal

At least for the next 3 hours. Come midnight it's back to the same god forsaken hell hole it always has been

Great crowd, boy I wish I had gone! Pat Patterson night as well. Wonder if we'll see him show up!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #2466 (permalink)

You know what bothers me more than superstars talking about hating Canada? Jerry Lawler pretending to like Canada.

Come on Jerry. We all remember the old "Bizarro World" quip. Give it up man.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #2467 (permalink)

Good finish to have Punk and Heyman talking and completely ignore the match.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #2468 (permalink)

Best line in a long time if I heard correctly from Sheamus. "If your lip shits what does your arse do?"

Wow!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #2469 (permalink)

Goldberg is close to a DVD deal and a legends contract, I wonder if he'd ever show up on TV with Ryback, even just as a cameo.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #2470 (permalink)

I hope Jerry Lawler is okay. Word is he had to be carried to the back after convulsing and being unconscious.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #2471 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinglegend67 View Post
I hope Jerry Lawler is okay. Word is he had to be carried to the back after convulsing and being unconscious.
Was that when they randomly went to commercial before the tag match was formed, or after that? I was watching DVRed so was sort of speeding through.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #2472 (permalink)

Quote:
Was that when they randomly went to commercial before the tag match was formed, or after that? I was watching DVRed so was sort of speeding through.
It happened during the Kane and Bryan v. The Prime Time Players match I believe.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #2473 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Performing CPR on him in the locker room.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #2474 (permalink)

holy shi i thought it was fake but i hope hes ok =[[[[
Old 09-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #2475 (permalink)

Very scary, doesn't sound good at all.
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote