Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 24
Default Any info on sportkings series c

Hi

does anyone know when Any info on sport kings series c
will be coming out had a look at series b thought would wait till series c comes out and see what there cards are like before buying any.

Any info on when they are being released would be appreciated
Johnsmithysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 11,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsmithysmith View Post
Hi

does anyone know when Any info on sport kings series c
will be coming out had a look at series b thought would wait till series c comes out and see what there cards are like before buying any.

Any info on when they are being released would be appreciated
You can go to Sportkings Trading Cards to find out more info. Series C will be released around the time of the National show in Cleveland which I believe is in July.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,395
Default

are the cards still coming in top loaders ? i wish they didnt do that.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 11,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
are the cards still coming in top loaders ? i wish they didnt do that.
I would have to guess that they will continue doing this. Why do you wish they would stop?
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I would have to guess that they will continue doing this. Why do you wish they would stop?



i have ocd and will obsess over the top loader having scratches on it.

i would take the card out and put it in my own holder but then i would have to break the sticker seal............ and that is a no no ? correct ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 11,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
i have ocd and will obsess over the top loader having scratches on it.

i would take the card out and put it in my own holder but then i would have to break the sticker seal............ and that is a no no ? correct ?
Some people obsess about insisting when buying these cards, they arrive in the same, factory sealed holder. Personally, I feel it's just a holder, and eventually I will remove all the cards from them and put them into something else.

For now, I put each SK card into their own team bag. That way scratches are unlikely to make their way onto those factory sealed top loaders.

The point of SK doing it is to better insure these cards arrive in the collector's hands in the best condition possible. Those cases mean nothing more than a protective covering.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 24
Default Hi

Yer i like that about sportkings they protect the cards. At least this company does this we paying alot of money for cards it good to see them arrive if good condition of a lot of companies were paying same amount for high end cards have no quality control at all there cards aren't very well looked after


So its good to see a company that actually cares about the customer only i wish every card company would treat there customers the same
Johnsmithysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,395
Default

so you guys saying that you never pulled a damaged sports kings card ?

im sure if i pulled the card out of its top loader i can find a defect somewhere.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
newengland4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 20 miles west of Boston,Ma
Posts: 1,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
so you guys saying that you never pulled a damaged sports kings card ?

im sure if i pulled the card out of its top loader i can find a defect somewhere.
OMG then do NOT buy the product. If you are that picky you must drive your wife crazy.
__________________
Looking for Andrew Luck,RG3 and RUSSELL WILSON
newengland4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland4me View Post
OMG then do NOT buy the product. If you are that picky you must drive your wife crazy.

ha ha i got no wife.


ocd is a serious thing, i drive myself crazy sometimes

but i think i will give these a shot

Last edited by mma138; 03-09-2009 at 07:06 PM.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,395
Default

just went on the site these cards do look nice. the checklist in my opinion blows away allen ginter.

i may try a box of series c . has the full checklist been issued yet ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 11,840
Default

I don't think a checklist of Sportkings Series C has been released yet. Some of what A&G has, Sportkings already did. Like Pele and Lou Ferrigno for instance. Pele was in Series B and Ferrigno was in Series A.

I like A&G a lot. But I like SK even more. Let me know if you have seen a checklist for Series C somewhere.

Thanks!
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
just went on the site these cards do look nice. the checklist in my opinion blows away allen ginter.

i may try a box of series c .
Let us know if you plan to do a box after you see the price.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 11,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Let us know if you plan to do a box after you see the price.
.......LOL

Tim, you know they're cutting way back on production this year. I'm assuming making everything more rare and valuable over previous years.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,116
Default

Sweet! Series C has Kurt Warner in it!!! nice.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
.......LOL

Tim, you know they're cutting way back on production this year. I'm assuming making everything more rare and valuable over previous years.
Matt, I had not heard that. I wonder if that means only one of each auto subject instead of two variations like series b. I hope it is truly limited; that is the only way the high price is justified in my opinion.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 11,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Matt, I had not heard that. I wonder if that means only one of each auto subject instead of two variations like series b. I hope it is truly limited; that is the only way the high price is justified in my opinion.
I honestly have no idea on the makeup this year. I just just heard there's going to be significantly less produced.

As far as justifying the price, I have said it many times, the factory direct selling price of these cards cannot and will not be set according to secondary market conditions. It will be set according to what it costs to make and how much they are selling. It's expensive to get on-card autos from people throughout the world and verify they are actually done by the person that's suppose to sign them. Since SK doesn't over produce these cards, they have to charge more per card/pack/box/case, etc. in order to cover their costs.

Dr. Price personally told me this was more of a "labor of love" than a money making project. I believe him. You don't see any other company out there producing this few of on-card autos, and charging this little. If they charge less, they either way over-produce their cards, or they are sticker-autos, or both.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oldham County, Kentucky
Posts: 2,144
Default

Have they said what Series C is going to cost? Is it going to be around the same or more than Series A & B?
__________________
FREE CAPTAINBOHICA!!!
upsbroker06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I honestly have no idea on the makeup this year. I just just heard there's going to be significantly less produced.

As far as justifying the price, I have said it many times, the factory direct selling price of these cards cannot and will not be set according to secondary market conditions. It will be set according to what it costs to make and how much they are selling. It's expensive to get on-card autos from people throughout the world and verify they are actually done by the person that's suppose to sign them. Since SK doesn't over produce these cards, they have to charge more per card/pack/box/case, etc. in order to cover their costs.

Dr. Price personally told me this was more of a "labor of love" than a money making project. I believe him. You don't see any other company out there producing this few of on-card autos, and charging this little. If they charge less, they either way over-produce their cards, or they are sticker-autos, or both.
And as a collector, you can overlook the secondary market pricing, which I don't blame you since it actually benefits you that the singles are lower in proportion to the box prices. But as a breaker of product, I maintain that SK is one of the worst items you can buy direct and then open and sell.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,395
Default

im not too impressed with who has been announced for series c so far
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 11,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
And as a collector, you can overlook the secondary market pricing, which I don't blame you since it actually benefits you that the singles are lower in proportion to the box prices. But as a breaker of product, I maintain that SK is one of the worst items you can buy direct and then open and sell.
I won't disagree with you there. This is a collector's product. It will be the product that people in the near future will want.

If UD, Topps, or Donruss tried to mimic exactly what Sportkings is doing, you can rest assured that the price tag from these three companies would be about double.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 11,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
im not too impressed with who has been announced for series c so far
I hear this a lot and I get a kick out of it every single time.

What people don't realize is the people that SK puts in their product are all-time greatest sports figures. They might not be the super-hyped rookie prospect sensation that everyone's after at the moment. They won't have a single "sleeper" that one day will prove to do well. It's not a prospecting product.

What they do have is a checklist that's star-studded, and will remain that way forever. There won't be a product today that will contain a higher percentage of all time greats in each unique sport than what SK puts out every single year. That's another thing that makes this product great. And is also why people don't see it right now. But they will one day.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I hear this a lot and I get a kick out of it every single time.

What people don't realize is the people that SK puts in their product are all-time greatest sports figures. They might not be the super-hyped rookie prospect sensation that everyone's after at the moment. They won't have a single "sleeper" that one day will prove to do well. It's not a prospecting product.

What they do have is a checklist that's star-studded, and will remain that way forever. There won't be a product today that will contain a higher percentage of all time greats in each unique sport than what SK puts out every single year. That's another thing that makes this product great. And is also why people don't see it right now. But they will one day.


i just have no interest in a surfer or a poker guy

ken shamrock and jackie joyner kersie and kurt warner i have no problem with
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 11,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
i just have no interest in a surfer or a poker guy

ken shamrock and jackie joyner kersie and kurt warner i have no problem with
Surely there are at least two players in every product that you don't care to collect aren't there?

The poker players do fairly well in SK. There's actually quite a market for them that surprises even me. The gymnasts do very well too. Sportkings isn't for everyone. But I believe it will be the collection for some connoiseurs.
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Surely there are at least two players in every product that you don't care to collect aren't there?

The poker players do fairly well in SK. There's actually quite a market for them that surprises even me. The gymnasts do very well too. Sportkings isn't for everyone. But I believe it will be the collection for some connoiseurs.


yeah your right. everyones tastes will vary. i would take the gymnast over the poker guy any day. i just cant understand why a poker guy would be included in a set like this. a even worse example is topps putting a eating champion in allen ginter ? that just makes no sense to me
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.