Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any info on sportkings series c

Hi

does anyone know when Any info on sport kings series c
will be coming out had a look at series b thought would wait till series c comes out and see what there cards are like before buying any.

Any info on when they are being released would be appreciated
Johnsmithysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsmithysmith View Post
Hi

does anyone know when Any info on sport kings series c
will be coming out had a look at series b thought would wait till series c comes out and see what there cards are like before buying any.

Any info on when they are being released would be appreciated
You can go to Sportkings Trading Cards to find out more info. Series C will be released around the time of the National show in Cleveland which I believe is in July.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

are the cards still coming in top loaders ? i wish they didnt do that.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
are the cards still coming in top loaders ? i wish they didnt do that.
I would have to guess that they will continue doing this. Why do you wish they would stop?
Old 03-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I would have to guess that they will continue doing this. Why do you wish they would stop?

i have ocd and will obsess over the top loader having scratches on it.

i would take the card out and put it in my own holder but then i would have to break the sticker seal............ and that is a no no ? correct ?
Old 03-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
i have ocd and will obsess over the top loader having scratches on it.

i would take the card out and put it in my own holder but then i would have to break the sticker seal............ and that is a no no ? correct ?
Some people obsess about insisting when buying these cards, they arrive in the same, factory sealed holder. Personally, I feel it's just a holder, and eventually I will remove all the cards from them and put them into something else.

For now, I put each SK card into their own team bag. That way scratches are unlikely to make their way onto those factory sealed top loaders.

The point of SK doing it is to better insure these cards arrive in the collector's hands in the best condition possible. Those cases mean nothing more than a protective covering.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default Hi

Yer i like that about sportkings they protect the cards. At least this company does this we paying alot of money for cards it good to see them arrive if good condition of a lot of companies were paying same amount for high end cards have no quality control at all there cards aren't very well looked after

So its good to see a company that actually cares about the customer only i wish every card company would treat there customers the same
Johnsmithysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

so you guys saying that you never pulled a damaged sports kings card ?

im sure if i pulled the card out of its top loader i can find a defect somewhere.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
so you guys saying that you never pulled a damaged sports kings card ?

im sure if i pulled the card out of its top loader i can find a defect somewhere.
OMG then do NOT buy the product. If you are that picky you must drive your wife crazy.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland4me View Post
OMG then do NOT buy the product. If you are that picky you must drive your wife crazy.

ha ha i got no wife.

ocd is a serious thing, i drive myself crazy sometimes

but i think i will give these a shot

Last edited by mma138; 03-09-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

just went on the site these cards do look nice. the checklist in my opinion blows away allen ginter.

i may try a box of series c . has the full checklist been issued yet ?
Old 03-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

I don't think a checklist of Sportkings Series C has been released yet. Some of what A&G has, Sportkings already did. Like Pele and Lou Ferrigno for instance. Pele was in Series B and Ferrigno was in Series A.

I like A&G a lot. But I like SK even more. Let me know if you have seen a checklist for Series C somewhere.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
just went on the site these cards do look nice. the checklist in my opinion blows away allen ginter.

i may try a box of series c .
Let us know if you plan to do a box after you see the price.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Let us know if you plan to do a box after you see the price.
.......LOL

Tim, you know they're cutting way back on production this year. I'm assuming making everything more rare and valuable over previous years.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #15 (permalink)

Sweet! Series C has Kurt Warner in it!!! nice.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
.......LOL

Tim, you know they're cutting way back on production this year. I'm assuming making everything more rare and valuable over previous years.
Matt, I had not heard that. I wonder if that means only one of each auto subject instead of two variations like series b. I hope it is truly limited; that is the only way the high price is justified in my opinion.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Matt, I had not heard that. I wonder if that means only one of each auto subject instead of two variations like series b. I hope it is truly limited; that is the only way the high price is justified in my opinion.
I honestly have no idea on the makeup this year. I just just heard there's going to be significantly less produced.

As far as justifying the price, I have said it many times, the factory direct selling price of these cards cannot and will not be set according to secondary market conditions. It will be set according to what it costs to make and how much they are selling. It's expensive to get on-card autos from people throughout the world and verify they are actually done by the person that's suppose to sign them. Since SK doesn't over produce these cards, they have to charge more per card/pack/box/case, etc. in order to cover their costs.

Dr. Price personally told me this was more of a "labor of love" than a money making project. I believe him. You don't see any other company out there producing this few of on-card autos, and charging this little. If they charge less, they either way over-produce their cards, or they are sticker-autos, or both.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

Have they said what Series C is going to cost? Is it going to be around the same or more than Series A & B?
Old 03-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
I honestly have no idea on the makeup this year. I just just heard there's going to be significantly less produced.

As far as justifying the price, I have said it many times, the factory direct selling price of these cards cannot and will not be set according to secondary market conditions. It will be set according to what it costs to make and how much they are selling. It's expensive to get on-card autos from people throughout the world and verify they are actually done by the person that's suppose to sign them. Since SK doesn't over produce these cards, they have to charge more per card/pack/box/case, etc. in order to cover their costs.

Dr. Price personally told me this was more of a "labor of love" than a money making project. I believe him. You don't see any other company out there producing this few of on-card autos, and charging this little. If they charge less, they either way over-produce their cards, or they are sticker-autos, or both.
And as a collector, you can overlook the secondary market pricing, which I don't blame you since it actually benefits you that the singles are lower in proportion to the box prices. But as a breaker of product, I maintain that SK is one of the worst items you can buy direct and then open and sell.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #20 (permalink)

im not too impressed with who has been announced for series c so far
Old 03-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
And as a collector, you can overlook the secondary market pricing, which I don't blame you since it actually benefits you that the singles are lower in proportion to the box prices. But as a breaker of product, I maintain that SK is one of the worst items you can buy direct and then open and sell.
I won't disagree with you there. This is a collector's product. It will be the product that people in the near future will want.

If UD, Topps, or Donruss tried to mimic exactly what Sportkings is doing, you can rest assured that the price tag from these three companies would be about double.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
im not too impressed with who has been announced for series c so far
I hear this a lot and I get a kick out of it every single time.

What people don't realize is the people that SK puts in their product are all-time greatest sports figures. They might not be the super-hyped rookie prospect sensation that everyone's after at the moment. They won't have a single "sleeper" that one day will prove to do well. It's not a prospecting product.

What they do have is a checklist that's star-studded, and will remain that way forever. There won't be a product today that will contain a higher percentage of all time greats in each unique sport than what SK puts out every single year. That's another thing that makes this product great. And is also why people don't see it right now. But they will one day.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I hear this a lot and I get a kick out of it every single time.

What people don't realize is the people that SK puts in their product are all-time greatest sports figures. They might not be the super-hyped rookie prospect sensation that everyone's after at the moment. They won't have a single "sleeper" that one day will prove to do well. It's not a prospecting product.

What they do have is a checklist that's star-studded, and will remain that way forever. There won't be a product today that will contain a higher percentage of all time greats in each unique sport than what SK puts out every single year. That's another thing that makes this product great. And is also why people don't see it right now. But they will one day.

i just have no interest in a surfer or a poker guy

ken shamrock and jackie joyner kersie and kurt warner i have no problem with
Old 03-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
i just have no interest in a surfer or a poker guy

ken shamrock and jackie joyner kersie and kurt warner i have no problem with
Surely there are at least two players in every product that you don't care to collect aren't there?

The poker players do fairly well in SK. There's actually quite a market for them that surprises even me. The gymnasts do very well too. Sportkings isn't for everyone. But I believe it will be the collection for some connoiseurs.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Surely there are at least two players in every product that you don't care to collect aren't there?

The poker players do fairly well in SK. There's actually quite a market for them that surprises even me. The gymnasts do very well too. Sportkings isn't for everyone. But I believe it will be the collection for some connoiseurs.

yeah your right. everyones tastes will vary. i would take the gymnast over the poker guy any day. i just cant understand why a poker guy would be included in a set like this. a even worse example is topps putting a eating champion in allen ginter ? that just makes no sense to me