Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
peafour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wilmette, IL
Posts: 808
Default Leaf Golf Dustin Johnson SSP Base?

The sell sheet lists a B&W base SSP of Dustin Johnson, does anyone know about how SSP'd they are? I think I got one in my case, but it looks like there's not a lot of info out there about it.
__________________
Always looking for low # Eric Young Jr and Andrew Cashner cards!
peafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Glenarm,IL
Posts: 1,565
Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peafour View Post
The sell sheet lists a B&W base SSP of Dustin Johnson, does anyone know about how SSP'd they are? I think I got one in my case, but it looks like there's not a lot of info out there about it.
I am still waiting for confirmation from Brian but I know they are SUPER SHORT printed. I think there are less than 20 in 525 cases.
That means only a handful of complete base sets are available.
__________________
Whatnot Collectibles Shop Open for Business.
If you are ever in Chatham, IL come check it out.
ALWAYS looking for 1959 Fleer Three Stooges cards.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
I am still waiting for confirmation from Brian but I know they are SUPER SHORT printed. I think there are less than 20 in 525 cases.
That means only a handful of complete base sets are available.
An SSP is not considered part of a base set.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
peafour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wilmette, IL
Posts: 808
Default

Ok, thanks cubsfan. Can you let me know if you hear back?
__________________
Always looking for low # Eric Young Jr and Andrew Cashner cards!
peafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Glenarm,IL
Posts: 1,565
Send a message via AIM to Cubfan86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peafour View Post
Ok, thanks cubsfan. Can you let me know if you hear back?
Just talked to Brian. He is going to release info on the Johnson B&W on Monday. He is in Seattle for a signing.
Also, The Limited Golf set is being printed and should start shipping in a couple weeks for those that are sending in Box Barcodes.
__________________
Whatnot Collectibles Shop Open for Business.
If you are ever in Chatham, IL come check it out.
ALWAYS looking for 1959 Fleer Three Stooges cards.
Cubfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
mcgahee21nfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,297
Default

SSP is def considered part of base set.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
pac213up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
SSP is def considered part of base set.
Not when it is a variation. The normal color version is part of the base set.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
peafour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wilmette, IL
Posts: 808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan86 View Post
Just talked to Brian. He is going to release info on the Johnson B&W on Monday. He is in Seattle for a signing.
Also, The Limited Golf set is being printed and should start shipping in a couple weeks for those that are sending in Box Barcodes.
Sorry to be a pest, but is there any news on this? I'm dying to know if I've got something. I know Leaf has a website, but is there anywhere good to get information on their stuff? The site doesn't seem to have anything but sell sheets, unless i missed something.
__________________
Always looking for low # Eric Young Jr and Andrew Cashner cards!
peafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.